Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Ghawazee, Aug 3, 2009.

?

Choose New Stellarina Thread!

Poll closed Aug 10, 2009.
  1. Stella/Melina #7: 'Cause even Athene and Aphrodite worship her.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. Stella/Melina #7: The perfect combination of brains, looks, and personality.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. Stella/Melina #7: a goddess came down to earth !

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  4. Stella/Melina #7:Athene in her mortal form.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Stella/Melina #7: Zeus' gift to Hollywood.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Stella/Melina#7 'Cause she is the angel that enlighten our hearts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. Stella/Melina #7: Because she´s the Greek Goddess of Crimonology

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. Stella/Melina #7Because she´s the heart and soul of the CSI-team

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  10. Stella/Melina#7 Because Lady Liberty speaks in Greek!

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  11. Stella/Melina#7 Because she is the light and soul of NY Lab

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Stella/kelina#7 Because we all love Rambo Stella

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. FieryRed

FieryRed Rookie

Ello all ellow Nut!

Exactly! These are my thoughts! I would hate Stella to be the "black sheep" of the show! she is too goo, too generous to become the bitch. I would like to see how the writers will evolve the "crazy" behaviour... I worry as you do her being hated... Even if the writers explains why she acts crazy still it will leave me with a bitter tatse :(
    By the way don't be affected by other people's comments they just have different POVs, I found her lovelly as always!You won't be dissapointed trust me! ;)

Goodnight kiddos!!!

2. *Stardust*

*Stardust* Prime Suspect

I don't care about what some people say about Stella. In my opinion she was never cold or bitchy. I might be hated for saying this but it's enough that so many people seem to prefer Lindsay over her, a fact which I could never quite understand. I will not go into it since this is not the Lindsay thread. Anyway, Stella is Stella and she certainly isn't perfect but she's a strong character with a strong, great personality and that's why I love her. She's unique. If she wants to do crazy and spontaneous things, fine! I refuse to believe she will turn into a cold-hearted bitch and I never thought she was one on in season 1, either. I'm sorry, I'm just sick of always having to defend her. Why can't they just let her be? :( I'd rather she's crazy than boring!

3. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hey, Dears,

and ello Mary, epharisto, I trusted you and you were right, I´m not disappointed with Stella in this episode :). Silly me, I should wait with reading comments before I have watched the show :rolleyes::D.
    She was great, neither was she really harsh with Adam, nor uncaring about Sheldon. Though this season she seems to have a different way of caring for her friends- not the direct approach, but asking others about how the person in question is doing, like this time talking to Mac about Sheldon. But this is neither cold nor bitchy behaviour, but apparently she seems to feel insecure what to say or how to approach the troubled people. And in the end she found the best way how to say "I care for you" without words: she hugged Hawkes :).
    And *stardust*, I don´t mind Stella being a sometimes controversial and edgy character, which is a result of her human imperfection and is a reason why I love her so much. But I´m not sure how TPTB define "crazy and spontaneous", and that´s why I´m worried. If it means she´ll jump off the Empire State Building with a parachute-fine! If it means she´ll spontaneously take a day off to enjoy and use the free time- fine! If it means she´ll take time to do those things she hadn´t had the time to do for ages-fine! But if the Adam-fling was a hint of her new spontaneity then I´ll have trouble to like that, especially if it gets explained as a reaction to her trauma of the shootout. That´s stupid, because as Mary pointed out, Stella has been in dangerous situations before and never freaked out. Of course, she doesn´t have to live like a nun, but no more one-night-stands, either, please.
    And there have been episodes in S1 where Stella was cold as steel IMO and while she still can be pretty tough and sometimes expects this to be from the others, too, she has never been as icy as in S1 again and I hope she will never become like that again, because that doesn´t suit her character.
    But otherwise Stella remains of course the outstanding female character of the show- she´s the Queen and Lindsay (and Haylen) are her handmaidens :lol:.

Have a great weekend, love to all.

4. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Heya Stellarinas! welcome Vildis to this lovely Stellarina Palace! post and have fun and share why you like our Stella! :D

NUT, NUT, beloved NUT! :D

yeah, i said it! you know. It's like in any football club where Boys compare their...how could i say it? their...well, think about the right word NUT!:lol: we,as women, we can think how to get a "C" size in your bra, artificially or not:lol:

oh i see. For a moment, i thought you had forgotten how to speak in German, NUT!:angel:

i could have been more demanding in the past;)but believe me when i tell you i am happy with whatever it is given to me either is a full episode dedicated to Stella or not. I am happy with every single minute of Stellaon screen becauseduring the first episodes she barely was there or when she was, she was "Odd Stella". I haven't watched 6.06 so i don't know how it wa but kids keep telling me it was just great so i appreciate what we got:thumbsup:

i guess the only "inconvenient" is my dear TPTB NEVER reach that conclusion:lol::lol::lol:

Look, NUT, talking from human to NUT :)lol:)i was the first one to ask to take baby steps on their relationship after GfD so right now, after all storylines we had, i repeat i want their old relationship bak. Later we will have them making more steps forward (nad steps back as usual too:evil:) but first i need them to be close again. I guess i didn't appreciate S5 enough until it was over:p

Also it would be so nice Danny being worried for Stell again:thumbsup: with her it was the only moment where he showed how generous he could be:bolian:

If i say what i am thinking something dear to me will be very pissy again:lol: let's just say it was a homage to soap operas (and i love soaps but not this one:wtf:)
    darn it! did i tell you i am dying here for watching 6.06????????????????????????????

I don't mind Stella-Baby scenes now especially since Santa...errr i mean Mrs PV said certain storyline is OVER OVER OVER! :angel: and the type of scenes i expect from Mac and Stella are those which we had in the past. I can't ask any further:bolian:

I can't follow answering more now. It's 2.30 am but i will be back. I want to answer my dear Mary and Vanessa:bolian: Just one single thing to you Mary mou, do not pay attention to not complete info and to different opinions on Stella. Stella is unique and if they want to believe whatever, well they can (I would practice a lobotomy on them much i am afraid:lol:) Of course, when i read certain things i woudl like to play golf with their heads but it's something we can't choose. Besides we do-need those people here *Debbie rolls eyes* Stellarinas are adorable people, not a bunch of air heads :D

take care y' all and you, beloved NUT, just BEHAVE!:lol:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  5. Miyukiseta

Miyukiseta Rookie

Hey Stellarinas!:D

You have no idea how psyched I am for President's Day, 2010! Just the wait for the premier of The Lightning Thief is going to kill me.:lol:

Debbie: To answer your question whether or not Athena was in the the first book - No:( BUT, she will definitely be in books 3 and 5 (The Titan's Curse and The Last Olympian). This means we'll definitely be seeing Melina in two of the future movies. (I still think that Melina should've been cast as Aphrodite...I don't like the one they chose:D Too Megan Fox-esque and not at all how I pictured the goddess of love.:guffaw:)

Stardust: Stella, I can never see her as cold, but she is definitely very different so far this season; not necessarily cold, but for sure, different. I just don't want her having any more one night stands - way beyond OOC and not something Stella would do after Frankie.

~Miyu

6. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hey, dear Stella-Gang, and Hey, mein Lieblings-Kürbis:D,

Erm, I know what you mean :D. Well, I think men are a bit less, well, complicated or envious, while we women have the image of not really being able to genuinely acknowledge the beauty of other women. The cliché is that usually a woman wouldn´t say about another woman: "wow, great cleavage, she´s looking great", unless she´s gay; the "normal" reaction would be:"well, nice t..s perhaps, but their MADE, and looking great? Pah, she´s just got a good make-up artist or has a good Botox-doctor"- you know, things like that :lol:. So if these prejudices are true, we´re the exception to the rule and adore our Melina without envy or jealousy :thumbsup:.

I thought that you might think that, you cheeky Lamb, that´s why I hurried back to correct it :D.

Yes, I think with this season we can´t be very demanding, we´ve got to take what we get, because it´s now the turn of the other characters and that´s fair enough after the brilliant last Stella-season, but like you and all other Stellarinas I´m always hoping for as much Stella in the show as possible. There hasn´t been too much yet, I agree, but 6.06 was a good Stella-one :thumbsup:.

Oh, well, hope is the last thing to die :D.

You mean, talking from Lamb or Kürbis to Nut :lol:. OK, I can agree with that: small steps back to their old good friendship :D.
    Oh, yes, if you had known what was to come in S6, you´d have thought S5 was the best it could be for Stella and Mac, because nothing much would follow :D.
    Ja, Danny and Stell always acted nice together, I´m missing that, too.

I don´t want to make any person feel pissed either, but I have to say soaps belong to soap operas but not to crime shows :D.
    Hope you´ll soon be able to watch 6.06, I´m waiting for your verdict.

Paaaah, I´m not happy that they didn´t continue with Stella-Adam :(, but as long as the two get still their sweet scenes like in S4 and 5, I can live with that. Gosh, I just want to have it all back like in the old days :lol:.

Take care, meine Dame, lots of love, and I do always BEHAVE :angel: :D,

Good Night from the NUT

7. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Nut, NUT, beloved and rebellious NUT! :D

well, i went to girl school since i was 5 until i was 17 so i believe you and i understand you when you say we are complicated :D Personally since i am a Stella fan, i enjoy the aesthetic of a character specially if it is MY fav character) so i think you don't need to be gay:p because this is not the first time i have talked about Stella's wardrobe
    I promise you i won't be annoying NUT!;) Besides i enjoy episodes even when i don't have much of Stell like 6.03 but, of course, I am happier when i have her on screen:thumbsup:. You can't blame me. You know i adore Stell and i have noticed Mac didn't have much episodes so far so i hope more scenes for him too in 6.12 :D What i want to say is as far as Stella has good scenes with other members (again Sheldon and Adam are her kids:drool: but she has had special scenes with Sid and Danny before:thumbsup:) i won't complain and i will be happy without being necessarily a "Stella-centered" episode :bolian:

And i haven't watched 6.06 yet but i will try as long i have time to go to the cibercaffe (I tried to download it here at home but i couldn't get it. PC and its blue screens again:scream::scream::scream:)

True enough! :D I haven't quitted to the idea you become a SMAC fan NUT! It was quite shocking when you supported another ship NUT! so i do hope you change your mind
    Regarding TPTB, i will be praying all of them suffered a sudden and strong amnesia for a while :lol:(maybe until the end of S6) so they could forget the insane passion they feel for DL:censored::censored::censored::angryrazz:. Besides i am enjoying Danny this season. They don't need to screw up that again (I am adding fans to my club. So sorry but i need to be honest. If suddenly i said i loved them with passion i would be a complete liar :D )
    NUT! BEHAVE! :D I didn't say i am not enjoying Season 6....now!:angel: I only said i didn't appreciate S5 enough except 5.24 and 5.16 and 5.11 and 5.06 But you must admit going ON-OFF it's weird because one season you have a lot of warmth and then the following season there is an iceberg between them:wtf: you don't know what to expect. Continuity only exist for another ship:angryrazz:

I hope that too! But it's not a verdict I am just a fan who loves this show so much not a judge NUT! :D besides people who knows me would expect the influence of Stella and Smacked in my comments:p

well, you know me enough to know i am happy because it's over. I want Stella and Adam as they always have been a kinda of mother-son relationship. But, of course, that's just my opinion, a simple opinion. I am just one fan in this huge world! For that reason i really hope for whatever reason it was decided the Adam/Stella wasn't going to continue, i really hope nobody felt pressured to take that decition. That wouldn't be nice for any of them:( so i really hope all people are happy now:)

Nein, nein meine liebe Nüsse. You never do. However i can't help but recognizing you try hard:guffaw:

a truck of Hugs meine Nüsse

love your Lamm:angel:

ps: NUT!!!!!!!!! I have found a picture of you!! I am not sure it's from Nutland but it looks a lot like it :lol:
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/Cienlunas/nuecesparadecorar.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  8. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hey Ho, beloved Lamm-Kürbis:D,

Yes, we are a complicated species, I even can´t disagree when men complain about that, but still what would they do without us :D.
    You see, we´re fans of the character and this actress, that makes it even easier to make compliments about her, same with when we like someone we know personally, male or female, but especially female, then compliments slip easier from our mouth anyway than if we don´t like a certain person then we tend to look for their imperfections. Women may be generally more bitchy toward other women, but especially if we don´t like a certain woman anyway, so it´s easier to slag her off :lol:. Complicated? We? Naaaah :D.

OK, I believe you ;). I enjoy episodes, too, even without much Stell, if their stories are great. And I don´t blame you, because I´m the same: great epi or not, it´s always greater if we have more Stella in it. Well, in terms of Mac, I was glad that he was taken back a little, because his superhero-superman-stories got on my nerves really; I can´t stand him when he´s like that and the cases when it´s all about him and he´s the one who knows everything. I liked him in the last episode and I like him generally when he shows his more human and down-to-earth side. So I hope we´ll soon see eventually good Mac-Stell-scenes again. And I agree with you, it doesn´t have to be necessarily Stella-centered episodes, if the scenes she gets with the others are good.
    So blame your nasty PC for not having seen yet last week´s good Stella-interactions :D.

Oh, well, I dunno if THAT hope isn´t already dead :lol:. Well, we will see, but the Stell-Adam thing attracted me because of being extraordinary, while Smacked would be so obvious if it ever happened and I´m still scared if TPTB would make a good story of it.
    True, Danny is great this season and though Lindsay had some nice scenes, too, I think I will never get used to her really. Well, no need to apologize for saying the truth about what you´re thinking; D/L is still a bit of a plague and I could well do without it.
    Since S5 is running here on German TV, I do watch it again and so I am able to compare it parallel to the epis of S6 that have run so far, and maybe it´s too early to decide, but I´d say, I enjoy it at the moment more to re-watch S5 than watching S6. This can change and I´m not saying that S6 sucked so far, it´s just my momentarily impression that it´s not yet too brilliant.
    And you´re right, it´s strange and incomprehensible why Mac and Stella suddenly seem to act rather cold with each other after they were so close last season. I demand TPTB to explain this behaviour eventually as well as why Stella is still not her old self, though many months have passed since the shootout.

OK, maybe verdict is a too harsh word :D, let´s say I´m waiting for your opinion, agree? :lol:

Of course I know that you´re happy that it´s over ;). But the mother/son thing, now that won´t work again, they have spent this night together, so it would look strange if Stella would see Adam still as a sort of her little boy, that would be like incest :D. Like I once said: the innocence between them is gone, so something will have changed between them anyway, but I hope in a way that they still like each other a lot. And I agree, whatever our fans´opinions about certain stories of the show are, in the end it should be only up to TPTB which way they choose to go with the stories and characters. If they´d try to please all of us, they´d go NUTS :D.

Oh, yes I do, deep inside you know it, you just don´t want to admit it :guffaw:

Lots of love from your well-behaved Nuss :angel:

PS: Thank you for the fabulous Stella-pics. But I´m afraid the pic of these walnuts is absolutely not reminiscent of me :D, because thankfully I still have much less wrinkles than this poor sod :lol:.

Byeeeeee

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  9. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

I do believe this has more than one aspect. I have all of my life admired women who are more powerful than I am, prettier than I am , smarter than I am ect. Starting from Kyra Sedgwick and ending with Kristin Chenoweth for example. And I am def straight ( not that I judge those who are gay).

For me those women have represented the figure of a woman I want to be one way or another. And that has nothing to do with jealousy or competitiveness it's just a way of aspiring to be more like those women figures, my favorite actresses represent. It doesn't necessarily mean I want to be just like them , I just can relate to that image they have created one way or another and aspire towards it. Hope it's understandable because I start confusing myself :wtf:

And for me Melina is just another one of those women who represent a good image of a woman in nowadays world :D
    Love her to bits and pieces;)

Oh and thanks for the pictures !

10. FieryRed

FieryRed Rookie

Hello All!!!!

Dear Karlia,

I couldn't agree more with what you say above. Stella mas is exactly that! and honestly I can't understand why some women can't admire other women... I believe what my mother says: "It is nice to admire the beauty of the world" Beauty is everywhere, Stella mas represents just that!:)

11. shippyangel

shippyangel Rookie

12. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

Phew I am relieved though I didn't even know about the rumor. Anyhow I am very glad! :D

13. sagasimone

sagasimone Victim

14. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hi, Karlia,

As I said, it´s mainly a prejudice or a cliché that women are more envious and jealous with each other than men. Personally I don´t really know any woman who is bitchy to other women, anyway not privatly. What I know and can confirm, however, is that it can be quite tricky when women work together, there seems to be a stronger competitiveness which can disturb the working climate pretty much. For years now I have been working more or less only with men and I get on much better with them and it´s not that they would treat me differently or be nicer to me because I´m a woman, it´s just they´re more laid back and relaxed as collegues.
    Well, that´s just my experience, others may differ.
    And I suppose, Melina is surely a nice girl and not a bitchy collegue and treats men and women all the same :lol:.

Hugs to all

15. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Hey you dear Stellarinas!!!!! and my Beloved NUT! :D

I have watched 6.06 and i am TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH IT! TOTALLY, MADLY! It was the best we had so far! I just love teh connection Stella mas has with Sheldon and how close she was with Mac talking about him :D Also i have enjoyed Adam and Stella's scenes because itw as friendly again! :D (but i guess the "Peaceful" state is not going to last for too long!)

Also all those scenes with Sheldon and Mac and that scenw tih the guy ready to jump of the building
    Seriosuly it touched my heart. I love this episode!

BTW I will try to post when i can but i am afarid i don't know how soo it will be because i need to change the motherboard (that's why those horrendous blue screen grrrrr) well, at least that's what the guy said!

NUT, i will owe you a message back as usual but be sure i will think about THE NUT! :D