8x06 - 'Dude Where's my Groom' **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Oct 31, 2009.

1. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

It did look like a bad CG shot I'll give you that but another thing I noticed is how his coat fluttered and looked like a cape. I wonder if that was a wink or an "up yours" towards the critics

2. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I thought this was an ok episode. Not one of the best, but not one of the worst.
    The storyline was interesting, although the end was rather over dramatic.
    I think they did well with screen time, overall. There was abit too much Cal and Jesse, together,for my liking. And Jesse with the strippers handbag scene seemed abit off. I think they could have done that a different way.

3. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I agree. This episode wasn't exceptional, but it wasn't the worst I've seen either. I really enjoyed Ryan and Walter. Ryan laughing like that was a very special treat! I hope to see more of that from all of them in the future.

I also believe there was too much Jesse/Calleigh together. That seems to be the running theme lately and I already commented in another thread it's not a development I'm thrilled about. Calleigh has had three years out front and center while everyone else took a back seat. Time to give the others a chance - especially Natalia, who, if I'm not mistaken, Horatio actually called "Natalia" in this episode. :thumbsup: I love it when Horatio breaks form and calls her and Ryan by their first names.

I'd really like to see Jesse working more evenly with ALL members of the team. I'd like to see him working with Horatio, actually. All in all, though, they are getting much better about making sure that everyone gets to be seen - if only for a moment. It's getting more fair, but they still have a lot of work to do.

And that purse scene was really weird as "bubbie" would say! :lol: It was a jolt to see Jesse flip that quickly from what we're used to seeing. Then again, we're still being introduced to that character, so actually it's just us seeing another facet of his personality.

That closing scene? Somebody needs to get Caruso's stand-in a better wig and the guy needs to study Caruso's movement a little more closely. He really stood out for NOT being Caruso.

Horatio in front of the helicopter - NOT! Maybe they were running out of time and couldn't work to perfect the special effects? Usually the CGI is perfection on this show, so I have a tendendacy towards giving them a pass on this part - but just this once.

4. symbeline

symbeline Witness

An OK episode. The first time I got a little bit confused with the timeline, so I rewatched it to clarify things. I knew it would be the bride or the father --isn't one of them always in these cases?-- but the episode had enough twists to keep me interested. And the ending was a bit over the top, but that's Miami, baby. :lol:

I'm really glad we were spared of the three musketeers this time. I know they have tons of fans--at least in this site-- but it's nice to see that the writers are trying different pairings so the nonfans don't get tired of them. Jesse/Calleigh and Jesse/Horatio are fine by me. Jesse/Walter/Ryan only makes me go to the kitchen to wash the dishes or grab the paper to do a crossword. :lol:

Walter gets on my nerves, they are trying to make him an adorable nerd, like Adam or Greg and it isn't working. It could work if he didn't have so many scripted funny lines. If he was that funny, he wouldn't need that in-your-face kind of humor, but I know that's just me. :shifty:

Yeah, but they lose bonus points for the Guitar Hero reference. I guess Bon Jovi is not cool enough for young people nowadays. :rolleyes:

I admit I'm losing interest in the show for the first time. I saw the episode, I wrote down a quick review, but I kinda forgot to post it here.

That's because we still don't know how awesome, perfect and lovable he is. I wonder what would his next nickname be. I have a suggestion: "the-one-that-needs-nicknames-to-be-relevant". Ok, maybe that doesn't count as a nickname. :lol:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^Jessie/Calleigh have had a lot more pairings than anyone else. I would think people would be tired of that particular pairing before any of the others.
    People enjoy seeing Ryan,Jesse and Walter because the tension(that never went away) isn't there as it was with another character.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Totally agree. I'm a bit tired of the constant Cal/Jess pointing their guns side-by-side type of scenes. Is it just me or does it seem like since Jesse joined, Ryan doesn't even carry anymore? What's wrong with doing a scene where Ryan and Jesse go to investigate and both of them pull their guns out. Woah! Sorry, just got the visual. ::fans self:: Two hot guys in gun stance. :drool: Thats what I want to see! :D Not Jesse/Cal in gun stance. :lol: I remember the one pic of Eric and Ryan both in gun stance kneeling down in a grassy area one time. Ryan was wearing that light blue sweater I think. Man that is one of my fave caps ever. :lol: Want to see a scene like that with Ryan and Jesse only, I want them to be standing. :lol:

I've wanted Ryan to have actual real friends on the show who don't judge him and now he's got them. So, I'm all for Ryan/Jesse/Walter scenes, just not in every ep because it will get old first. I do like that they mixed it up in this ep and had Ryan only with Walter and Jesse with others. I hope to see more of just Ryan and Jesse without Walter too. But, I would like to see Walter with some of the other CSIs as well.

And what were the Bon Jovi references? I somehow missed them. :lol:

7. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

I never thought Walter was anything like Adam or Greg.......Walter is much more confident and carefree than either of those two....Adam and Greg were both nerdy, sensitive, and could be insecure and nervous, it took both of them a while before they grew out of that awkward phase and gained confidence in their work.....but Walter is not like that.....Walter is his own person, funny, charming, and confident.....he immediately gets along with Ryan and Jesse and makes great friends....if anything Walter is the farthest thing like Adam and Greg were....

They don't need to try to make him an adorable nerd, he already is, with those cubby cheeks and that baby face, how can he not be adorable!;)

And the whole scripted funny lines....ummm...Adam and Greg has had their fair share as well...so I don't see what's the problem, I mean, this is a scripted drama, writing's gotta be involved in this process.....and Walter has done fine in that department.....

Hmmm it's the opposite for me.......for the first time in nearly 5 years since Tim Speedle passed away on Miami, I found a renewed interest (or shall I say obessession:p) in CSI: Miami......I feel like the show is finally starting to turn a corner and go back to its roots.....

sure there are still things to be improved, but at least this time around, they are making the effort and actually trying, and for that, I do appreciate what the show is doing!:)

Well, he is just perfectly awesome and lovable to me! He can have any nickname he wants!:lol:

8. symbeline

symbeline Witness

You are either too young or you are not listening to the right music. :lol:

When Julio at the bail bond place was telling Jesse and Cal how Jake bailed out Sean, he said Jake came singing "Wanted Dead or Alive" which I hope you know is one of BJ most popular songs. :lol:

Another thing I forgot to add about the episode: the girl at the beginning with the online forensics course gave me a chuckle. I wonder if the writers were poking fun at NY's Haylen --I know she doesn't have an online degree, but her enthusiasm was similar.

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Actually, Bon Jovi is my very favorite band. I just somehow missed the references. :lol: I often get interrupted during my shows and end up missing stuff. :lol:

He was singing? I was watching the ep the next day (after it aired) and someone came in and started talking, so that may be how I missed that. :lol:

I'm gonna have to watch that ep again.