CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Bright Lights, Big City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Thank you JellyBelly for this one!!:thumbsup:

I am pleased mainly because i feel i have recovered Danny as individual this season and i have enjoyed a lot his interaction with Mac and Sheldon
    Also the idea of a continuity it looks like the best regarding his injury because it would be odd not to have something more.Danny didn't suffer a simple injury, he was inmovilized for months! Besides he is vulnerable.He would try to be back ASAP because he forced himself to be the man he promised to Lindsay and maybe he feels he can't do that when he receives less money now. Also Sheldon's word aparently made a great impress on himso he tried to be the "old Danny" for him too
    So good moments for Danny are coming!:bolian:

ps: Not complaints for the DL "smooth" times tough:p;)

2. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Thanks Jellybelly

3. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Amazing discussion -- been following it like crazy, and really want to weigh in on it a little, but first:

I am so intrigued -- is this the CTV promo, or a CBS one? It looks almost like the one I saw last night, only with more Adam! :lol: Miami's installment of the trilogy was great; there was a lot of inclusion of the supporting characters, so we can probably expect to see the same with NY's. All the trailers indicate that that's going to be the case.

I am third-ing this -- I'd love to see the storylines come to a head like this for all three concerned. Not just for how satisfying a wake-up call it'd be for all of them on their own levels (Flack with his downward spiral, Danny with his insistence on "getting better", Lindsay with putting herself on the line again for someone else). But it'd also provide great moments of self-reflection/self-awareness, which is something I'd really love to see from characters on this show, but that we rarely see from any character other than Mac and Stella (and I think Danny once, in "Dove Commission").

I think with Danny, it might actually be both: he vents, he lets people know that there's something wrong whenever there is something wrong, but he doesn't do it with free disclosure. He does it unconsciously, to some extent. I think Flack might be a special case, but even the instances with him, like in "On the Job" and "Comes Around" (and even "Heroes" a little, when he started telling Flack about Aiden's chicken parm), he told Flack things without Flack having to do much more than simply show up and be there for him. And we see lots of little instances like that between Danny and other characters (except, perhaps markedly, Lindsay from Season 4 onwards) throughout the series -- like how he came to Mac in "Tanglewood" just to talk a little more about his experience with that gang without Mac asking him to; and "Trapped", when he was venting to Stella about his problems with Louie at the beginning.

But when someone directly approaches him with an "Are you okay?" or a "Tell me what's going on here" gesture, something that would require him to consciously disclose his problems...that's when he almost always shuts down. The times he doesn't are when the someone asking has already gone through killer efforts to get through to him (like Flack, or even Mac in RSRD). I'd think it was a trust issue, but then I consider the venting thing he does, and I'm not as sure.

I'm fourth-ing this request, too! It was really refreshing to see Hawkes really beat himself up over what happened to the man (and later, the woman) in the park, rather than let Mac's "you couldn't have stopped this" absolve him. I mean, of course it wasn't ultimately Hawkes' fault that those two died, and I hope he realizes that now, but I think Hawkes generally approaches things in his lfrom a very clinical, scientific angle. Yeah, because he's a doctor :p, but it's interesting because we usually don't see him deal too well with the emotional aspect of things. When things reach a personal level for him, that's when we see him kind of unravel, and lose the calm-doctor exterior. And his good friend getting hurt (indirectly) because of advice he gave him would definitely reach him on a personal level.

I agree; he keeps his walls up because he's afraid people will think he's a screw-up if they see what's behind them. I don't think he really lets those walls down with anyone. I think Flack (and to a lesser extent, Mac) manages to break through them more than anyone else does, and I think Danny might make it easier for him than he does for anyone else, but I'm not sure Danny's ever completely, voluntarily let his walls down for anyone. If he did, Flack probably wouldn't have to fight so hard to get through to him, even after how long they've presumably been friends.

I agree with this too. It's weird because I think they could each do with taking a page out of each other's books, but I wonder if they could ever actually reach that level. Like with Lindsay, I wonder if she'll ever find it in herself to do the emotional grand gesture thing for Danny -- I think on some level it terrifies her to become that emotinally invested in anything, but then she's made strides since mid-S5, so maybe she's learning to either deal with or get over that fear -- and if that's really going to be what it takes for Danny to finally trust that Lindsay does care about him.

And on the lack of DL drama....lol, all I have to say is YES!:beer: Completely separate from my own feelings about DL, I do think it's possible for TV-relationships and drama-dump not to be synonymous :lol:

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Do you have any scoop on what’s next for ‘CSI: NY’s’ Danny and Lindsay? – Sara
    I cannot believe that it took a whole six weeks into my new gig for the first Danny-Lindsay question to hit my mailbox! And your reward, Sara, is good news. (I think.) Executive producer Peter Lenkov wants you to know that outside of “Danny’s near/possible injury relapse and keeping that a secret, I think it’s smooth sailing for the happy couple.” All together now: Aww!

From TV Guide.

5. Andie

Andie Hit and Run

Definitely happy about that. I mean, I enjoy DL and all but it seems like this entire season they’ve been one unit. I really want them to grow as characters individually. For example I really enjoyed when Lindsay took down the suspect. I think Lindsay has so much to offer as an individual character and I really hope the writers expand on that.

In terms of the whole Danny relapse thing, I have to say it is definitely the dose of reality I needed when it came to his injury. I mean I get there may be weeks or so in between episodes but if Danny seriously got better and better without any repercussions, I would have found it to be a tad unbelievable.

^^ I saw someone mention before about Hawkes. I absolutely agree that he should get more storylines like in It Happened To Me.:thumbsup: He’s too unique of a character to just let sit in the shadows. I mean, I love when he can explain some complicated science terms and all but I would love to see some more action. Or at least an interrogation now and then. I remember one of my fav Hawkes scenes was in Snow Day when he got have his super hero moment. :lol:

And going back to Danny, I agree with what a lot of you said in terms of the way he handles things. I mean, sure he’s talked to Lindsay and Hawkes a little but we have yet to see and full blown moment with him. A part of me wants him to talk to Stella or Flack at least about how things are going. I feel like it’s really only been brought up with Lindsay.

And my last comment is going to be about the whole Adam/Stella thing. I mean, I’m Smacked fan;) but it’s not the fact that they slept together that bothers me, I guess it’s that fact that besides the little convo they had in Epilogue, it seems like it’s never been brought up again. Does anyone know if the subject is coming back because if not, then my question is what was the point??:wtf:

6. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

I read here on the site, I think it was Pam Veasey, who said that Stella would keep her promise when she said that it was something they should never do again. As far as I understood, it was just to prove that Stella was going to act more spontaneous and be a more live in the moment character. I don't know why they had to add a one night stand to make her spontaneous, couldn't she just go out and remodel her entire apartment? Something a little less cheapening.. But that's just me. I would've wished they would dig a little further into it.

7. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Don't miss TV.com's LIVE chat w/ CSI: NY star Hill Harper 2morrow @ 12pm PT! Sign up 4 a reminder:

http://bit.ly/3dz0IS

cbs

8. Ankeila

Ankeila Rookie

The chat is interesting.

He says Hawkes will get a love interest and that Carmine is writing a script for the show.

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Interesting! I guess after Gary and Melina, it was bound to happen. I wonder if that will finally be the episode that dives into Danny's past!

I just jumped in and took a peek--looks like Hill would like to direct an ep. That would be cool--I hope that ends up happening.

When are we going to see this love interest??? :p

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Darn - I wasn't home during the chat - is there a way to read a transcript? I went to the page, and it says 'replay', but I just see a picture of what looks like it might be a vampire when I click it. :(

11. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Hill'Tchat retranscription

Posted by Justine in my forum

12. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

Is there a promo up for 6x08 Cuckoos Nest?
    I've been looking forward to that episode for so long time now... :D

13. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

14. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

^I'm at work and can't view youtube until later tonight, can someone tell me what happens in the promo???? Pretty please and thanks to you :):):)

15. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Basically, the Compass Killer is back, he's watching the CSIs investigating the scene of his latest killing. And the stuff with Flack: Mac confronts Flack, literally pushes him against a wall and is like, "We're in the middle of a serious investigation and you go AWOL?!?" in a really angry, WTF tone. Flack looks disheveled and surprised.

It looks good!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.