8x07 - 'Bone Voyage' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 6, 2009.

1. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

I can certainly understand the equal distribution of screetime here, but it was just nice that at least this time, those who dislike Jesse's presence can't complain of his screentime or say that the show is picking him as the golden boy. Even if it's only for one episode, at least it was nice to not hear any bad Jesse screentime vibes!:)

I really think Miami should think to capitalize on this 3 Musketeer Phenomenon here! Those three are always just hilarious together!! Never a dull moment, something's always going on! LOL!:lol:

If any of Horatio's red hair starts turning white, at least we'll know the cause of it....:guffaw:

By the way, has anyone tried the CBS's CSI Crossover Zeta Casefile thing that's supposedly able to create a criminal profile using Facebook info?? I tried and it would never connect or load, anyone else having that issue?

2. 915

915 CSI Level One

Yes I love the 3 Musketeers thing. :guffaw: Poor Horatio is going to have his hands full with those three :lol: Also forgot to put what Jesse said after he shot the bear something along the lines of "It's okay ladies." Cause of the way they both screamed. :guffaw: I'm sure Jesse wouldn't be calm either if a bear was charging at him.

3. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

Hmmmm perhaps Jesse will just intimidate the Bear into submission by being really really intense and harsh a la last week's episode with the stripper girl.....:shifty:....it could happen.....:shifty:..........:guffaw:

Poor poor Horatio, he has no idea what catastrophe is forming under his own nose.....lol.....bet soon enough he's gonna regret ever letting Jesse back to Miami.....:lol:

4. slower

slower Lab Technician

I absolutly loved this episode. Finally the writers and producers got it right. Equal screentime for all, and so many comedic moments for Ryan and Walter (love them). Especially with the bear. :guffaw:

Nice to see Natalia again and Calleigh at least was smiling again. What a treat. :)

This is what I have been hoping for. And for those who say we are Jesse haters, have it all wrong. I don't hate his character, but why should he bounce on in and take up all the scenes. Think about it. (No disrespect intended). I respect that you love him. :)

This was a well balanced episode: H, Calleigh, Ryan, Natalia, Walter, Jesse and Frank (needed a little more) were all given equal time. :thumbsup:

BRAVO!!! Job well done.

I think someone else had said something about the grizzly. Unless he escaped from some zoo or private owner, he is not native to Florida. Mostly Western U.S., Canada, and Mexico. Just a little info. Don't shoot.:)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  5. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I think Ryan, Walter and the bear was my favorite scene.
    Ryan: You can't outrun a bear.
    Walter: I don't have to outrun the bear. I just have to outrun you.
    :rommie: :guffaw: :lol:
    This was a good episode. I'm so glad Horatio mentioned Catherine and Warrick when Ray first arrived in Miami. I'm also glad Horatio said he was sorry to hear about what happened to Warrick. If he hadn't said those things, I would've been ready to bitchslap either Horatio or the writers or both Horatio and the writers. That was one time the writers get an A+ on continuity.
    We need grade polls like they have in the CSI: NY section. Oh well.
    My grade for this episode: A.
    It would've got an A+ if Ray Langston had got in the picture sooner.

Piece of Laurence Fishburne and David Caruso trivia.
    This is the first time Laurence and David have been in the same show/movie together since the 1990 movie King of New York.

6. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

I believe that Bear moment will be immortalized in the pantheon of the most hilarious Miami moments! :guffaw:Ryan and Walter's faces were just priceless!!

I always enjoy seeing Natalia do her job, she's got that tough girl feel about her and more than capable of handling herself. And Calleigh was just SOOOOO cute when she wouldn't stop grinning so widely around Langston! LOL! I didn't know she was THAT happy to see him!:p

While you may not hate Jesse's character, there are those out there who hate both his character and screentime, so they would be the real haters.

But as I have said before, new characters tend to be played around and used more to showcase them and allow viewers to know them better, so while alot of times other characters unfortunately gets shoved to the background, we as the audience should understand this phase of integration (albeit grudgingly, reluctantly, and kicking and screaming:p) and be patient that the writers will know when the pull back.

Believe me, I completely understand those people who thought Jesse had too much screentime, that was obvious even to a Jesse fan like me, but I also knew this type of screentime is nothing shocking when bringing in new character, especially on such an established show. Screentime is a sensitive issue, I've been on sides where my favs didn't ever get enough screentime too, I understand your feelings, I get mad too at whoever's stealing the screentime. I remember in the early Miami days I used to be mad at Horatio for hogging all the scenes because I just wanted to see Speed!:lol:

Not to toot my own horn, but I always said that if we just wait and give the writers a couple of episodes to run their pens, that Miami would know to bring more balance and not just be Jesse all the time once they strike a good balance, and it feels so GOOD to be proven right!;) Even if this is possibly just for one episode...:lol:

lol I kept on seeing Frank looking intimidating in the background, Rex is getting pretty good at that!:lol:

-------------------

Also, I just have to say that it was classic Horatio to give that mention to Warrick.

Out of all the CSIs on three series, Horatio has always been the most compassionate one, the one most in touch with victims, children, and their left behind families and loved ones. So for him to make that gesture and say he's sorry about Warrick, we all know that he is coming from the heart, he is sincere, and he knows how Catherine must feel, after all, Horatio himself lost a CSI who died in his arms too not so long ago and Speed's death still haunts him to this very day.

This gentle and sincere compassion has always been the one reason why I could never hate Horatio Caine, I could mock him and tease him, but I could never hate a man who has so much love and care for innocent lives. This is Horatio's most endearing quality!

7. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Hello, all the US people, was there any mention of Delko in that episode?As far as I'm aware, there wasn't any last week and it's just unbeliveable that everyone would simply forgat about him in such a short time. Even Calleigh...I'm in the UK, so enjoy happy E/C moments so far...

8. Bogart

Bogart Victim

I haven't really stayed up to speed with Miami (or with Vegas, truth be told :shifty: ) for the last couple of seasons, so I caught up with as many of this season's eps as I could this past week, on Time Warner's "Prime Time on Demand". First thing I noticed was the new characters (besides Jesse of course, I did see him introduced near the end of last season). I'm loving Walter to bits, and I think the new ME is quirky and fun, if he doesn't become overdone or cartoonish. And I've always been a Horatio Fan, so it was good to see him back, as compassionate as ever, and as a few others have mentioned, I was happy to see him give a mention of Cath, and of Warrick, which was a great touch.

I enjoyed this ep a lot. Very creepy, and it made me squirm just thinking of these two girls and their horrific ends, and of course of the girls who had come before them presumably, who haven't been found yet. :( I'm guessing the NY link might come in with the 3rd girl, who left the note in the bathroom? I knew she was in some sort of trouble when they first introduced her.

I thought there was a pretty good mix of screentime in this one. Ryan has never been one of my faves (although I've never disliked him at all) but his character has certainly had his ups and downs, and for someone like myself who watched the show inconsistently, sometimes I'd tune in only during his "downs" :lol: But I LOVE the pairing of he and Walter. Genius, IMO. The two characters play off eachother brilliantly, and I would guess the two actors have a good bit of fun during their scenes and dialogue together. Loved the Bear.

I thought Ray and H. were good together, and I'm looking forward to seeing Mac Taylor thrown into the mix, since I always thought he and H. had excellent chemistry in their previous crossovers, too. All in all, well done, an "A" from me. :thumbsup:

9. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Quick thoughts on last nights episode:

Ryan & Walter made me laugh. I laughed so hard when Walter found the turtle shell. But can someone get Walter a new shirt

Calleigh smiling...awww...part of me wants to hope that Eric & Calleigh are back together...but that is just the shipper in me

I love how everyone seemed to be such a fan of Dr. Ray, the ME cracked me up. He "spoke" to the body part...aww...

The bear, that was funny. I'll be nice and give Jesse points for calling Walter & Ryan girls (even if I still don't like him)

Interesting story....

BTW, I did the facebook thing, I am now wanted for human trafficking and all sorts of good stuff...LMAO

Can't wait to see tomorrow's continuation on CSI: NY

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

The turtle shell thing was funny. Can someone buy both Walter and Horatio new shirts?

Really looking forward to NY and Vegas portion.NY looks more action packed.

11. Zipster

Zipster Witness

Loved it, good dialogue, excellent story. Really nice screen time between the cast - It was one of the those episodes Miami always does well, the hunt for a missing girl.. nice twist and Dr Ray was charming.

A+

Looking forward to seeing the next part.

12. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I never really hated Jesse; I was just concerned with the amount of screen time he was getting. I agree that a new character may need a little more time to get his character established. I can't speak for the other Ryan fans, but I have been waiting of a couple of seasons for Ryan to come into his own and have his screen time and story arcs increase, and I thought this was going to be his year. It was frustrating for not only seeing him shoved into the background AGAIN but having the writers tinker with his character, and not in a positive way. Now that Ryan is back and his screen time is increasing, I can start to relax and sit back and enjoy Jesse and the freshness he brings to the show. Admittedly, my favorite Jesse moments are when he is playing straight man in the Ryan-Jesse-Walter show (Jesse will always have a place in my heart because he isn't biting Ryan's head off for simply walking into the room). I still don't have much faith that Ryan will have many (or one for that matter) story arcs but that is not a slam on Jesse. It is a slam on the writers who, for some unknown reason have an aversion for writing for a wonderful actor and his interesting and complex character:( On that note.....

I really liked this episode. Rather creepy and gross but it engaged me until the end.

Random thoughts:

Lots of Natalia. When she is not on the screen I tend to forget how good she is! She handled the whole "I can get you a magazine cover" with the right amount of toughness ("get the dirtbag out of here...") Loved seeing her and Ryan working together (Ryan: "Come on Hef:lol:)

This was the second episode in a row I loved every scene Ryan was in:) (finally, Ryan consistantly being Ryan, professional and conpetent with a little humor thrown in). He looked yummy as well! I was delighted seeing him heading up the search (with Walter at his side).
    Ryan: "Walter, that's a turtle shell, those are your shoes and that is the sky"
    Walter: "Go back to you quadrant.:guffaw::lol:

Did I miss something: why did Walter have a badge?

Lots of Dave Benton!:) Correct me if I'm wrong, but more than we've seen before

Mike Travers!:) Loved his shaved face!

Did H call Ryan, Ryan?!:rolleyes:

H does what he does best, comfort the grieving (the Mom looked familar)

Enough of the split screen!!!!:scream:

Jesse looked pretty fine in the black tshirt (keep him shaved please). Although he was just doing his job, the cracking of the skulls gave me the creeps.

I was a little annoyed when I saw Jesse and Cal working together. I thought "are they going to pair the two with anyone else?" Until I heard Jesse, Walter and Ryan get called to work together in the glades....

These three need to take their act on the road.

Ryan: Look small and unintimidating
    Walter: I can't look small and unintimidating!
    Ryan: You can't outrun a bear
    Walter: All I need to do is outrun you
    They scream
    Jesse shoots: It's okay you're safe girls:lol::guffaw::lol::guffaw:
    I didn't blame Ryan at all for calling the ME when he found the foot; the bear was still making noise.

I will say this until all of you are sick of reading it, It is so nice to see Ryan being one of the gang and relaxed enough to joke around. Thank you Jesse and Walter.

Liked "Dr. Ray" with both Calleigh and H.

Looking forward to Wednesday and the continuation.

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Did I miss that? I don't remember H Calling Ryan,Ryan.
    Ditto.I'm sure I am not the only one that thought that tension of earlier was getting old.
    Thursday as well.

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Natalia's "awesome" to Jimmy when he said "you're one smokin' lady" was hilarious :lol:

Frank: " were you two skipping through the meadow" :lol:

Walter & the turtle shell :lol:

Horatio: "shut up, Jimmy" -- "like I said before, shut up" :guffaw:

Bear scene with Walter & Ryan - classic! :lol:

H hugging the Mother all slow-mo :adore:

Tom's too funny - sorry, I adore the guy, & all his cookey-ness. :cool:

Ryan really could've used a microphone in that one scene :shifty:

Nurse Natalia is drawing blood? You go girl. ;)

Some great moments in this episode!!

Indeed I loved it!! The case was gruesome for Miami, so I did love that part, but the characters really took the spotlight for me - it was just excellent. No complaints here.

A+!!

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I'm a CSI/Vegas gal, but this episode was so suspensful and the camraderie between Horatio an Dr. Ray was fabulous, so much mutual respect. The two scum-bag killers, creepy:klingon:, and Horatio's compassion for the mom and hugging her was sweet. I don't think I've ever seen one of our cast members maybe with the exception of Brass hug a victims relative. How the coroner was so impressed with Ray, and the whole team working together great cast. How Dr. Ray's expertise was so right on and how he knew the weapon was a meat cleaver. Really good start for the crossover:bolian: And the gals on this team beautiful:pAnd that Eddie Cibiran yummy darling dimples~ maybe have to watch this~