What Books Are You Reading?-#3

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Jun 5, 2009.

1. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

Re: What Are You Reading?-#3

I've just stated reading four blind mice by James Patterson I like his work and hopefully this will be as good as the others

2. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

I love that book that is probably my favourite of his :p

3. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

I'm reading 'Crime Scene' by Larry Ragle, & 'Beyond the Body Farm' by Bill Bass & John Jefferson. Both are BRILLIANT books. 'Crime Scene' is a MUST READ for anyone who is in Criminal Justice, or those who are in Criminal Investigations/aspiring to be in C.I. It's VERY instructional (but not over-your-head) and Larry includes his own personal stories of cases he's worked on and relates it to whatever chapter it's in (ie: ballistics). It's PHENOMENAL.

Beyond the Body Farm is entertaining and informational, not as 'teachable' but definitely benefitial, and I think ANYONE, CJ or not, would love this book. Happy Reading :)

4. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Book of the Dead by Patricia Cornwell. Another one in the Kay Scarpetta series. It's good so far. Better then the last three books.

It's about this serial killer who tortures his victims in the belief to make it all better for them. I know not really that original ... ;)

5. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

I'm reading "Murder on the Orient Express" by Agatha Christie. I found it on a bookfair, for just 1 euro (like $1,50-$2,00). I read it a couple of times allready, but I still love it! Christie is one of my favorite writers when it comes to detective stories.

6. smacked4ever

smacked4ever Prime Suspect

i am reading now Beach Road by james patterson and it is pretty good so far and i have just started it.

7. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Dexter by Design. I'm way too excited over it. :lol: Newest in the Dexter series, which I LOVE. It's awesome so far.

I'm also re-reading the Cirque du Freak series by Darren Shan. I read them years ago when I was in grade 6 or something, but they made a movie this year which I went to see so I've started re-reading the books and I love them all over again. They're the first ones I've ever been able to read twice in a row too, I've never ever read a book twice before this. :lol:

One more, I'm not reading one of them right now but I've recently start the Tomorrow Series by John Marsden. I love it! It's really good and I'd recommend it to anyone. Basically it's about this group of teenagers who go camping in the outback of Australia for a few weeks, but when they come back they find their country has been invaded, so they go back to where they were camping to hide out, but they end up becoming guerillas.

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'm reading Prince of Tides by Pat Conway. Great book about a guy whose sisters who is suffering from a breakdown from a traumatic family history. I watched the movie with Barbara Streisand Nick Nolte and it was great, but the book is much, much better.

9. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i love Murder on the Orient Express. i watched the movie first then read the book. the book and movie are exactly the same. i loved reading the book after watching the movie b/c it made the characters more fun to read.

my parents got me Christie's book And Then There Were None. Clue is based off this book. i can't wait to read it over winter break it sounds so good.

right now i am in the middle of reading a book called The Wreck of the Medusa. it's about the events that inspired the painting The Wreck of the Medusa by Theodore Gericault. it's really interesting and a bit sad to know what the people from the wreck went through before they were rescued.

10. Bonasera-Taylor

Bonasera-Taylor Prime Suspect

the second book of the Percy Jackson series. will start book 3 tomorrow

11. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

I'm currently reading "Breaking Dawn", the fourth book in the Twilight Saga, can't really give much of a synopsis without spoiling the other books in the series, but I'd definitely recommend the Saga, I was very skeptical about it before I read it, but after Reading it I've fallen in love with the series, I'd definitely recommend it! :D

12. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

I have just started to read Nick Hornby's book 'About a boy'. I have read it before, but I still love it. I enjoyed reading it as it was not the usual kind. The relationship between Marcus (the twelve year old boy) and Will was completely unexpected, but it grew stronger for each day. I loved to read how their friendship changed them, and how they found out that life is awesome. You just have to open your eyes.

Actually worth reading. I never get tired of it, and that's why I am reading it once again.

13. Wolverine_Eagle

Wolverine_Eagle Prime Suspect

i finally got Breaking Dawn of the Twilight Saga today.... at a very cheap price... and i am almost finished it already >.< on page 642 :p

14. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I read several books at once, because I'm weird. Currently:

Mind Hunter by John Douglas (for a school essay)
    High Noon by Nora Roberts
    The Psychology of Harry Potter
    and I have several Star Wars novels to read, but I'm not sure which one I'm going to start.

15. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

i'm currently stuck on "The Lost Symbol". i can't seem to finish this one...