8x07 - 'Bone Voyage' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

CSI: MIAMI
    Air Date: Monday, November 09, 2009
    Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#807) "Bone Voyage"

HORATIO CAINE CALLS LAS VEGAS CSI DR. RAY LANGSTON TO COME TO MIAMI WHEN A SEVERED LEG FOUND IN THE EVERGLADES IS DISCOVERED TO BELONG TO A GIRL WHO WENT MISSING IN LAS VEGAS A WEEK EARLIER, ON "CSI: MIAMI," MONDAY, NOV. 9

Laurence Fishburne ("CSI: Crime Scene Investigation") Guest Stars as Dr. Ray Langston, Who Follows the Evidence from Las Vegas to Miami, then to New York

Part One of a Three-Part CSI Trilogy Crossover

"Bone Voyage" - Horatio Caine calls Las Vegas CSI Dr. Ray Langston to come to Miami when a severed leg found in the Everglades is discovered to belong to a girl who went missing in Las Vegas a week earlier, on CSI: MIAMI, Monday, Nov. 9 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Laurence Fishburne ("CSI: Crime Scene Investigation") Guest Stars as Dr. Ray Langston.

SERIES REGULARS
    Horatio Caine............................. David Caruso
    Calleigh Duquesne....................... Emily Procter
    Eric Delko............................. Adam Rodriguez
    Jesse Cardoza............................ Eddie Cibrian
    Ryan Wolfe............................... Jonathan Togo
    Det. Frank Tripp................................ Rex Linn
    Natalia Boa Vista........................... Eva La Rue
    Walter Simmons............................ Omar Miller

RECURRING CAST
    Ray Langston..................... Laurence Fishburne
    Tom Loman...................... Christian Clemenson
    Michael Travers............... Christopher Redman
    Dave Benton............................... Wes Ramsey

GUEST CAST
    Ashley Tanner............................ Danielle Savre
    Brenda Tanner.......................... Dendrie Taylor
    Jimmy Burris............................ Louis Mandylor
    Tyler Goodman.............. Timothy Lee DePriest
    Madeline Briggs............... Amanda MacDonald
    Nick Cooper...................... Tim Meinelschmidt
    Vince McCallister..................... Japeth Gordon
    Nathan Cole.......................... Amaury Nolasco
    Molly............................................. Jaime Taite
    Vanessa................................ Michelle Belegrin
    Uniformed Petty Officer............ Eltony Williams
    Desk Sergeant............................. Garrett Davis

Written by: Barry O'Brien
    Directed by: Sam Hill RATING: To Be Announced
    Futon Critic

[highlight]****[/highlight]

Also, for those interested, discussion threads for both the CSI:NY and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes during the trilogy are available. :)

CSI:NY - 'Hammer Down'

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - 'The Lost Girls'

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

What the heck? Originally the spoilers said Valera would be in this episode... but she's not listed on the cast list. :(

3. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I am actually looking forward to this episode only because Amaury Nolasco is in it. I loved him when he was on Prison Break.

Hopefully it lives up to expectation...

4. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

That's very sad. But I still hope we'll see her this season...

But I'm glad to see that Dave and Travers are in that episode. :)

I'm very excited to see the team working with Ray Langston and I hope that the whole crossover will be as good as that what the promo shows... or even better. ;)

5. Urockmaworld

Urockmaworld Hit and Run

See i said that Valera is not goin to be in this episode
    I am so sad, i want to see her so badly , its been a long time

But valera is still there in the lab cuz natalia said her name in the eppy Bad Seed, so im still hopin we wud see her:)

6. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

I know what you mean, Urockmaworld. I hope she does come back.

Well, at least Michael Travers and Dave Benton will be in this one. (Where's Rickypoo? :scream:)

7. Urockmaworld

Urockmaworld Hit and Run

Yes Yes..The two of the coolest ppl in the lab =)

8. RoscoeTrek

RoscoeTrek Rookie

:mad: aww come on!!! why isn't Valera in this one? this is so annoying... what are tptb doing?:brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall: why do they keep wanting me to slam my head against the wall???

Well, at least they like Clemenson as the ME now!!! Glad Dave & Travers are in this one!!!

9. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Creepy episodes, the cutting up of bodies creeps me out! I enjoyed the episode though for many reasons: Travers and Dave were on, Natalia got lots of screentime, Ryan was himself in this episode, Calleigh was wearing red instead of the usual black! Then there was the fact this is the week for the crossover episodes!

Dr Ray interacting with the team was great. Tom couldn't hide his excitement, he is definately a fan. Dr Ray saying Miss Calleigh I found that cute! Horatio giving his condolences about Warrick, sweet but sad at the same time!

Poor Ryan and Walter, I felt for them when they saw that bear. I would've reacted the same way!!

I knew that guy was trouble, even Calleigh could pick up on it. I really hope they find her alive, someone must get her note. Look forward to that on CSI NY

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  10. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Initial thoughts:

Interesting premise, though not unheard of on any of the CSI shows. Prostitution wring, whoopee. At least the way they presented it was sort of unique.

Loved the mention of both Catherine and Warrick when Langston arrived in Miami. :) I was hoping there'd be some sort of mention of either of them as they were both in Miami's backdoor pilot. Wee!

Are there grizzly bears in Florida? I thought there were only black bears in Florida. Huh.

I was sort of hoping there'd be a connection to NY at the end of the episode to sort of transition it but there wasn't. Meh. I did like the way they connected the Miami kidnapping to the Nevada murder.

It was nice to see a relative balance between the cast. Natalia was featured quite a bit. :eek: I also ADORE the interaction between Walter and Ryan -- those two are so much fun. :D

Jesse wasn't in the episode all that much, which some people might enjoy or some people might not. :p

Overall, good episode. I'll be tuning in Wednesday for the next one!

11. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

The whole Jesse thing this episode, at least now people can stop complaining about him hogging all the screentime and being a super-hero, and I can finally find a peace of mind without hearing the Jesse hate;)

this is a good day for me! (Although I would have loved to see more of Jesse!)

12. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

LOVED IT! So great! Loved that Jesse was not featured that much! Loved the bear scene w/ Ryan and Walter! Funny :lol: Lots of suspense. I liked how Horatio mentioned Warrick. (coincindently enough, I just got the new CSI game on WII and Warrick is also mentioned when my character was compared to him by Cath) Anyway, I'm looking forward to the continuation on NY.

BTW does anyone else find the new ME very annoying? :wtf:

13. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I think the writers were just trying to give everyone a good amount of screentime. With more additions to the cast, it makes it more challenging. Jesse was on a fair amount, smart of him to get the tranqulizer. He thought ahead and it came into good use, I felt so bad for Ryan and Walter they were terrified!

14. 915

915 CSI Level One

Okay I loved the episode definitly creepy though that poor girl getting her arm chopped off while she was still alive. I think "Oww" would be a vast understatment.

Loved the little scene with Ryan and Walter when they were searching.

"It looks like a skull fragment."
    "Walter this is a turtle shell." :guffaw:

Those poor guys when they got freaked out by the bear, that probably would have been my reaction too. Good thing for them that Jesse brought the tranquizler. Also kind of funny how Ryan just decided to call the ME to collect the body part. :lol:

I thought it was also funny how the ME could barely look Ray in the eyes. :lol:

15. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I haven't watched Miami much lately but wanted to see the crossover in full, and I am glad for a visit from the Continuity Fairy for Vegas :D