I Have An "LV" Episode/Character Question *NO Spoilers* P2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 2, 2009.

1. LVNYfan1113

LVNYfan1113 Dead on Arrival

Hi everyone! I've been a CSI fan since high school but stopped watching it because of schedule problems. Now that I'm already here in the US for a year, I'm catching a lot of episodes at Spike. But something's not clear to me about Catherine's past. Did she already know in 'Burked' that Sam Braun is her father or not until 'Inside the Box'? Thank you.

2. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

No, Catherine did not know that Sam Braun was her father in 'Burked'. Her mother dated him and they remained friends, that's why Catherine knows him.

3. LVNYfan1113

Thank you Wicked Witch. I thought Catherine knew Sam as her father but I was skeptical after seeing her reaction with the DNA result. Not seeing 'Burked' first, I thought she was suspecting him of the murder in 'Inside the Box' so she tested her own DNA against the suspect's to confirm.

4. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

I don't know if anyone ever asked this question, but does anyone know Det. Vartann's first name? I tought I once heard someone call him Scott, but I'm not sure (maybe I'm hearing things :rommie: ). I've been watching CSI since its beginning, but I realized that I didn't know Vartann's first name. Can someone help me?

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Joycie From we know and according to the Ultimate CSI Detective Vartann's first name is TONY.

Although Greg did say LOU in one the last episodes Vartann was in, his name is Tony.

Does that help?

PS, I'll see if I can track down the Ultimate CSI.

Ultimate CSIblackflag, you beat me to it. :lol:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  6. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

According to the book Ultimate CSI (pg 119) his first name is Tony.

Susan

7. LVNYfan1113

Another question. What does Las Vegas mean? And, in what episode it was mentioned and by whom? I watched it months ago and I just can't remember it now. Thank you!

8. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

It means the meadows. Greg said it to Nick in the episode 'Anatomy of a Lye'. Season 2

9. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

Thanks ladyhunter and blackflag. So, Tony Vartann... I still think Scott sounds better :guffaw:!

10. pennsylvaniakat

pennsylvaniakat Civilian

Question about particular episode

I think the show was CSI (the original), but it had something to do with a guy that was dressing like a woman. They were engaged to a guy that didn't know, and she wanted to get a sex change before the wedding. Some quack doctor performed the surgery in a storage facility.

Does anyone know what episode this might be? I have searched all over the place for this one. I'm pretty sure it's an early CSI.

Thanks!

11. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Re: Question about particular episode

I think the episode you are looking for is from season 5, and it's episode 8 Ch-Ch-Changes. Here is the CSI Files review of the episode so you can see if that's the one.

Hope that helps :)

12. pennsylvaniakat

pennsylvaniakat Civilian

Re: Question about particular episode

That's it. I thought it was way earlier then season 5. Thanks so much!

13. LVNYfan1113

Thank you very much speedystokesgirl ! Also for answering my first question about Catherine's past. I have no idea why I typed other's name. Sorry about that.

14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

You're very welcome! Anytime!

And don't apologize, you typed the right name. Every Halloween we get to change our names to a Halloween name and Wicked_Witch was mine, so you're fine. You'll see names change again in December for Christmas!

15. LVNYfan1113

^ That's fun getting names change for holidays! Thank you. I really love this show. As soon as I have another question, I'll be back here. I have a NY question. I don't know if it is allowed here. I can't find a thread like this under NY.