"Death And The Maiden" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Air Date: Thursday, November 05, 2009
    Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#1006) "Death and the Maiden"

THE CSI TEAM TRACKS TWO SEEMINGLY UNRELATED CRIMES THAT TURN OUT TO BE CONNECTED BY A TWISTED PLOT OF REVENGE. - The CSIs discover that two apparently unrelated crimes are actually parts of the same twisted revenge plot

SERIES REGULARS:
    Dr. Raymond Langston..... Laurence Fishburne
    Catherine Willows..... Marg Helgenberger
    Nick Stokes..... George Eads
    Captain Jim Brass..... Paul Guilfoyle
    Greg Sanders..... Eric Szmanda
    Dr. Robbins..... Robert David Hall
    David Phillips..... David Berman
    Hodges..... Wallace Langham
    Wendy Simms..... Liz Vassey

RECURRING CAST:
    Sara Sidle..... Jorja Fox

GUEST CAST:
    Det. Vartann..... Alex Carter
    Officer Mitchell..... Larry Mitchell
    Tommy Baker..... Cody Kasch
    Prostitute (Miss Kitty)..... Tangie Ambrose
    Paramedic..... Jeffrey D. Stevens
    Mark Baker..... Bryce Johnson
    Wayne Smith..... Jeff Hephner
    Yvette Baker..... Gigi Rice
    Jess Smith..... Elizabeth Rice
    John (Trauma Nurse)..... Jorge-Luis Pallo
    April Martin..... Camille Guaty
    Angela Paulson..... Lina Esco
    Pam Harris..... Emily Foxler
    Stan Gerber..... Courtney Gains

WRITTEN BY: Jacqueline Hoyt
    DIRECTED BY: Brad Tanenbaum

THANKS TO: The Futon Critic

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Being that David Rambo/Allen MacDonald/Jacqueline Hoyt episodes are my favorite ones from the show, it's great seeing that they have episodes back-to-back. The promo looks intense.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yay for Vartann! But another two cases connected? Man they should just call this season the Connected Cases season. :lol:

4. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Well as I said in another thread, sure it's always interesting to follow two unrelated crimes, butI don't mind cases that are linked together. It gives us fans a better chance of seeing all the cast members. Sometimes with A and B cases, the episode concentrates more on the A then the B meaning some fans don't get the opportunity to see their favorite.

"A twisted plot of revenge"...sounds interesting.

But what makes me chuckle, is whenever I see the list of regular, reoccurring and guest cast for the upcoming episode, most if not every character has their full name listed except for poor ol' Hodges. :lol: Guess he's a one name man.

5. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

^ Maybe they think of him as a diva, like Cher or Beyonce.

Good to see Gigi Rice back. She was on a season 5 episode, Down The Drain, and I have been a long time fan of hers.

6. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Ha, I never noticed that about Hodges name. The diva thing made me laugh. :lol:

And FINALLY Vartann is back on CSI. Hopefully he'll do more episodes.

7. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

LOL...who knows!

Also glad to see Vartann back. Nice to see a familiar face amongst the detectives we've seen over the past season or two. And I too hope to see him around for a few more episodes this season, if not more.

8. Windsong

Windsong Victim

I'm still hoping for Sofia to just suddenly pop back up on the cast list. I know, wishful thinking ...

9. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I hate that they have not given us a better preview of this episode. They are so focused on the Crossover event instead.

10. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Actually, there's one here. Just click Watch preview on the left side

11. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

Good ep.
    Unexpected killer.
    Wayne...what a douchehat scumbag jerkass.

12. 915

915 CSI Level One

I loved the episode kept me interested the whole time. I actually didn't mind the fact that the two cases were connected in this one. The screen time balance was excellent too. I loved it and Nick being concerned about the kid and his reaction to the two brothers mom was kind of amusing to watch. Greg and Ray both talking to themselves while investigating were hilarious :lol: so glad I got see just the two of them working together even if only for a little bit. :thumbsup:

Loved the scene with Greg and Hodges it was hilarious when Hodges was explaining why he was talking to Ecklie. :guffaw:

Aww to Hodges talking to Ecklie for Wendy and saying he wanted her to be happy that was too cute.

Greg was the one that figured out who shot Wayne I loved that. I'm now a very very happy Greg fan. :D:D

Yeah I loved the clap on lights they now apparantly have in the morgue hilarious, and Doc's little "That's not all."

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  13. Windsong

Windsong Victim

I loved the Clapper that Doc has in the morgue! Too funny!

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

With a few exceptions, this is the way an episode should be! Someone besides Ray figured out the whodunit for a change! And I love the fact that it was Greg. I love seeing Greg and Vartann working together.

Can someone please explain the title of the episode to me please? Death and the Maiden? I don't get it. Are they using maiden as meaning virgin like the brother wanted the sister to stay? A little confuzzled on that part.

Screentime total: Nick-13, Greg-10 (that's gotta be a record! :D ), Cath- 9, Wendy- 6, Ray- 7 (seriously he got less than the other CSIs, that's amazing! I am not complaining there LOL- must have been off filming the crossovers lol).

Thoughts on the ep:

:lol: that lady witness was funny. Loved her calling Cath "blondie" hehe.

Bryce Johnson again. :D

Vartann- yay! :D

Greg's little grin when Superdave says that line about the economy was just major cuteness. :D

:lol: the drunk mother shouting "thats an officer of the law" made me chuckle.

:lol: at Greg- "I'll answer my own question". Ray just sort of disappeared on him. :lol:

Ray: Sometimes when God closes a door, Satan opens a window. :lol: I love that line! Sounds like something they might say on Supernatural. :lol:

Greg: Looks like Jack Sparrow's been here. :guffaw:

The guy was raped? Man, I didn't expect CSI to do a story where a grown man was raped. I figured that was the case when Cath found the semen and with the way the guy was acting at the hospital, but I'm still surprised CSI actually did that storyline. Kudos to them for doing something that happens, but gets very little coverage in the media because it doesn't get reported often. I wonder if the guy would have freaked out on Cath if she'd gone instead of Nicky.

So that's the social worker. I'm not sure I like her. She seems quite judgemental. She puts all the CSIs in one group just because she'd heard some joking over dead bodies. That doesn't mean they all do it. I hope this girl doesn't turn out to be Nick's girlfriend because she isn't right for him.

Ecklie won't let Wendy go in the field. :( Loved Hodges telling her he just wants her to be happy... but I don't know what he thought his talking to Ecklie would do. :lol:

Loved Doc and Ray using the clap on/clap off lights. :lol: Product placement, anyone? :lol:

OMG at that song. "I had a pony, her name was Lucifer." :wtf: :lol: I could be wrong, but I wanna say that sounded like Bif Naked singing... not positive though.

Wendy: I found a frankenblob. :lol:

Hodges: Did you know most dust contains trace ammounts of poop?" :guffaw:

Hodges talking in pig latin. :lol: And Greg telling him he needs the evidence now in pig latin. :lol:

Ray: For some men, violence is their sex.

:lol: Three people confessing to one crime and not a one of them shot the guy. :lol:

Nick: I don't think you're a bleeding heart.

The guy's girlfriend killed him? Wow... didn't see that one coming. I thought for sure it was Tommy's brother.

Nick looked so sad there at the end when Tommy rejected his girlfriend because of what her jerkface brother did. :(

Does anyone else wonder why they didn't have Nick mention to Tommy that he knows what it's like to be sexually assaulted? Did the writers forget that little tid-bit?

15. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

What ever happened to showing those nice little viewer discretion messages on the screen prior to episodes as dark and violent as this one?

I agree about all of the Greg scenes. Loved him talking to himself. I love Wendy, and the Wedges was even decent, even though I really don't like her with Hodges. Ray/Wendy is growing on me though. Those two have a cute chemistry.

The counselor didn't seem like a bad character, but I hate the angle with Nick, and not just because that doesn't fit with my ship. I hated the 'Overload' Nick angle, and coming back to it this episode -- let alone using it as a basis for a romance -- was just squickish. If they're going to build a relationship for someone (especially someone like Nick who has already had wayyy too much angst in his life), they should use humor, friendship or something happier as the basis of it, not past dark and disturbing trauma.