8x06 - 'Dude Where's my Groom' **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Oct 31, 2009.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Oh did anyone else notice that Jesse said "I got this" to Calleigh about searching the girl's purse? That made me chuckle because George Lopez was always saying that on his sitcom. :lol: And Eva Larue played George's sister on two eps of that show (though the character was on three eps, but was played by a different actress in one of the episodes).

2. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I agree, the writers do seem to be struggling with the characters this season. At times the characters are unrecognizable. Though in this episode, Ryan was not wrong. Tom was rude to him

LOL, yes I changed my ID :)

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I thought he looked like he just didn't care -- same thing with Amanda (the cougar woman) -- & I noticed too at the end of 'Bad Seed' that he picked up the trash not even looking at the women in bikinis walking by -- all that might suggest that this 'person' (he didn't exactly confirm that it was a girl) he came back for is his top priority.

4. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

I loved the mystery. This one also had me on edge until the end.

Looks like Dr. Logan is starting to find himself. He didn't seem quite so out of his element this time, although I'm surprised he'd wear a tie. (They tend to get caught in things. Dr. Langston, anyone?)

I can't think of a nice way to say this, but....

DID RYAN TAKE A STUPID PILL??? :wtf::scream:

Between his interactions with the M.E. and what he said to Walter, he seemed like a TOTALLY different person. And I'm sure he knows protocol after dealing with Alexx after five years.

Speaking of which, nice to see Walter being a regular. I always thought Miami couldn't hang on to lab techs. Since Maxine Valera hasn't been there lately, and Michael Travers has been MIA, hey, I'll settle for Walter. It was kind of funny seeing the big guy next to Horatio.

I didn't understand why the Coast Guard chopper didn't do a straight airlift to the hospital. But then it dawned on me. Had to have the dramatic scene between bride and groom. And last but not least, had to have the dramatic "H-with-sunglasses" pose in front of the chopper lifting off.

All in all, pretty good, I thought. Is Ryan forever doomed to be the doofus? :scream:

I guess it's totally useless at this point to scream about those annoying split screens.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  5. GregNickRyanFan

It wasn't glass, it was a paint chip. Tom was being a bit overreactive to that. If it had just been a random case about a dead person, then maybe it wouldn't be so bad... but they were trying to find a MISSING person who was in EXTREME DANGER! In a situation like that, every second counts, every piece of evidence needs to be processed ASAP! Tom was impeding the investigation by not letting Ryan go ahead and take the paint chip and Tom was also putting the groom's life in even more danger by not letting Ryan take the paint chip. Every second was precious. Having to wait until the M.E. gets the body back to the morgue to process a freakin' paint chip could have cost the groom his life, period. The groom's life is what mattered in this case, not the M.E.'s chain of command issues!

Tom was clearly the one in the wrong in this situation (when a person's life is hanging in the balance, that's the most important thing, not your own personal feelings about who the evidence belongs to). Jesse had the right idea (at the strip club). He didn't care about proper procedure, his priority was finding the missing groom because there was a chance that the groom was still alive. Sometimes in order to save a life, you have to break a few rules or go against what you believe... just for that one moment. Saving a life is what matters, not what evidence belongs to whom.
    Technically the evidence belongs to the crime lab in general, not to any one person!

The time that Alexx said something to Ryan about taking evidence from the body, it was a piece of brain matter. That's a different story. Brain is part of the body, ie the M.E.'s jurisdiction. But a paint chip on the guy's pant leg is part of the CSI's jurisdiction (IMO). Tom could have be nicer about it. Ryan was well within his rights to ask for the paint chip. And he asked politely. Tara let Ryan take evidence off a body once at the scene (something non-biological on the clothing too I believe), so I guess Ryan didn't think that fell into the same category as brain matter.

He wasn't weird in his scenes with Walter. He was friendly. It just seems weird because we've never seen Ryan with friends before. :lol:
    He and Delko really didn't get along most of the time, even if Ryan did consider Eric his friend. So, we've never seen Ryan (up till now) interacting with someone in this manner. The closest friends he's had on the team were the ladies. :lol: Horatio was more like a surrogate father type. Kyle was like the little brother (I miss the Kyle/Ryan interaction). Ryan's interaction with Walter was no different than a friendly interaction between Nick and Warrick or Nick and Greg. Its just not something we're used to where Ryan is concerned, that's why it seems weird. :lol:

6. 915

915 CSI Level One

It's nice to see Ryan and Walter interacting I think its long overdue that he has some friends in the lab (Walter and Jesse) I personally love the scenes with them in them about time we got some friendly interaction stuff with Ryan so good job to the writers for that stuff.

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I didn't think Ryan took a stupid pill at all. At one time or other all of the CSI's have asked for evidence from Alexx.The ME clearly over reacted,was in a crappy mood,etc.Don't remember anything out of the ordinary with Walter either.There was an ease and friendlyness between these two. Their interaction even bought out really nice laughter from Ryan.For some reason,Ryan is judged harsher than other characters. Ryan was much better last night,closer to his Ryan character.
    As far as Tom Logan finding himself,he needs to chill out. Alexx was able to tell the CSI's they would need to wait for evidence without being a jerk,Tom could stand to learn this.

8. GregNickRyanFan

Are you referring the comment about Ryan's Bubbie? That was just a way for the writers to give us what we've been asking for for eons... more info on Ryan's background. They were telling us, "yes, he's Jewish and his Bubbie is still alive". I personally liked that little touch.

In this case, forget protocol. A man's life was at stake, period. Protocol does NOT matter (as much) when a person's life is at stake. I would have asked for the paint chip as well and if the M.E. gave me lip about it, I would point out how his protocol issues are not important when they're looking for a missing and possibly still very alive and injured person. Locating the missing groom is what was important here, nothing else and I mean NOTHING ELSE.

I agree. Dr. Lowman did overreact, but he was probably just tired. He sounded kind of like he was tired even from the first word he spoke... there was something in his voice that just screamed "god I could use a nap/vacation". :lol:

Yes and that is very frustrating, especially when Ryan has done NOTHING wrong!

I completely agree!

Again, I agree. Doc Robbins would have just said, "sure, I'll get it to you as soon as I get him back to the morgue". However, if there was a missing person's life at stake, Doc Robbins would have said, "normally I'd wait until I got the body back to the morgue, but since a missing person's life is at stake, go ahead and take it, maybe it can help locate the victim".

Agreed! Its awesome that Ryan has friends now. I'm loving every minute of it!

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Poor Ryan takes a beating for everything he does. :lol: It's not that it's funny, but it sometimes amuses me that so many people tend to analyze his every move moreso than any of the other characters.

Having said that, I didn't really see Tom as a major jerk either though. I actually found the scene a little comical - Tom reminds me of one of the guys from 'Grumpy Old Men', & he has such a dry sense of humor that it makes him funny (imo). I also didn't think that Ryan cared much either way. So the old man didn't 'get' his comment about being territorial...did Ryan really care, or get his feelings hurt? I don't think he did. In fact, I got the feeling that Ryan got a little chuckle over it - he did the "whatever" look at the most, so I don't see how any of this did any harm to either character.

10. GregNickRyanFan

Ryan was fighting back a chuckle. It was almost like you could see Ryan thinking, "wow, this guy reminds me of my grumpy ol' uncle". :lol: I do think it's just that Tom was in a bad mood that day. Maybe he was just tired. He actually did sound like my grumpy ol' uncle. :lol:

Like I said, I would have asked for the evidence too given the circumstances of a person's life being at stake. When Tom replied like that, I would have probably said something like, "okay, I can wait. let's just hope the missing groom can." :lol: or something like, "okay, but is there anyway you can make sure that the piece of evidence doesn't fall off in the transfer to the morgue? because it could be what helps us find the missing groom". I would have definitely made a point of mentioning that a person's life was at stake.

11. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I never got the impression Jesse has women issues either. Maybe it's a daughter, we don't know enough at this point. It will be interesting to see who this girl is.

I got that impression as well. He seemed to me uncomfortable to be there at all.

It is nice to see Ryan interact with someone who isn't biting his head off or acting as if they are waiting for him to screw up again, and frankly I can get used to it:) Ryan is starting to fit in and have people he can hang out with and I find he and Walter's (and for that matter Jesse as well) interactions reflective of that.

I am glad greatfan that you saw that as well that Ryan last night was closer to himself than whomever that was in the first few episodes. And Ryan will always be damned if he does and damned if he doesn't; he doesn't get cut the slack the others seem to. I don't understand why he is such a lightening rod for such harsh criticism. Someone does something and it isn't any big deal but if Ryan does it...... I don't get it.

I remember Ryan actually GETTING evidence from Alexx (Alexx cut hair with vomit in it to give to Ryan for analysis and this was in the field and actually part of the body), so I guess Ryan would assume that he would get to take the paint chip if he would ask for it; he got to retrieve evidence from Alexx and Tara, so he would get it from Tom as well. Ryan knows protocol and I agree with GNRF-protocol should be thrown out the window when a man's life is in danger.

Ryan didn't seem to take Tom's response too seriously; I think he was a little annoyed but wasn't going to lose any sleep over it. Ryan had more important things to do; like FINDING THE GROOM.

12. slower

slower Lab Technician

I for some reason didn't think of this earlier. But, correct me if I am wrong, and quite often I am. LOL The lines "dumb and dumber" and "frick and frack" sound like Frank lines. :shifty: Just a thought.

13. GregNickRyanFan

:lol: Frank has actually used the "dumb and dumber" phrase before I think... unless that was Brass or Flack. :lol: Could have been either of them instead. I dunno. I would have cracked up if Jesse had called the groomsmen "Beavis and Butthead". :lol:

14. AP1270

AP1270 Civilian

I was very disappointed by Monday's episode. I was bored most of the time, I figured I was tired but apparently I wasn't the only one thinking that.

I don't know if you guys noticed but at the end of the episode I don't even think it was Caruso who was near the Chopper. We see him first and then he goes to the Chopper and if you notice carefully the guy in black near the Chopper (who is supposed to be Horatio) has darker hair and is wearing glasses (not like sunglasses) and we can't even see his face since we see Horatio again without his glasses. It was very strange...

15. SaraBeth18

SaraBeth18 Hit and Run

I like how they added Walter Simmons, the new add on, to the cast list at the beginning. He is soo cool.