CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Bright Lights, Big City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndorianIP

AndorianIP Victim

Okay so this might sound motherly lol (maybe it's my age ;) ) but I don't think mud slinging is necessary. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a HUGE smacked shipper. But I mentioned the ratings b/c they don't lie. However, I don't think it was just the A/S sleeping together moment that turned people off. The first few story lines were weak, any real fan would agree. THe seaon opener was the result of a simple drive by? WHat happened to Dunbrook? So that was disapointing. THe same with the eppy about Mac's father. So the guy was pissed at the health care system. Would have been better if Mac had learned that he was in his platoon or something and that's why he sought out Mac. I think the compass killer brought some people back, but we aren't at the 14 mil mark for a reason.

And it the A/S thing got people talking? I agree, but not in a good way and that is also why the ratings dropped. I like Adam as a character but him sleeping with the den mother (stella) was lame. But she was also to blame and I also fault her for sleeping with the lab "kiddo" as she called him.

I would LOVE to see a real connection with Mac/STella b/c heaven knows they have hinted at it right from day one, however, I am also realistic and know that won't happen. I do want the flirting to return however, as that has been "canon" as it were from the first season. I respect all ships (gosh people even ship Hawkes/stella), but I am hardcore SMACKED...yeah duh I love Mac/Gary more than anyone on the planet! haha.. how old am I? *frown*

Okay so that was longer than expected, gosh guys don't hate me for rambling. BUt I hope and agree with the earlier post that I hope they don't turn Stella into the town fluzy. She is a strong woman who has been guarded with her men. Chalk Adam up to a one night whatever, but if they make her sleep around (I think outside the lab), will ruin a strong woman that I admire in a female lead role.

Okay guys, I'm going to go hide now! lol...take care smackies and NY fans!

AiP

2. imaguestage

imaguestage Dead on Arrival

The "/" used between two character names is accepted in fandom to show that you are discussing those two characters in the context of a romantic relationship. It is something that was created by people on the internet and is widely accepted in most online forums, discussion groups and communities. From the wikipedia article on "shipping":

"Various naming conventions have developed in different online communities to refer to prospective couples, likely due to the ambiguity and cumbersomeness of the "Frick and Frack" format. The most widespread appears to be putting the slash character (/) between the two names ("Frick/Frack")."

It is canon though. Maybe you are confused about the defintion because you are spelling it wrong but canon, in the case of fiction, means "a body of material that is considered to be "genuine" or "official", that can be directly referenced as, or as if it were, material produced by the original author or creator of a series." Source

Adam and Stella have had sex, we saw them in bed together in the premiere and later in that episode, they discussed what happened between them. That means that the 'ship (fandom short form of the word "relationship") of Adam/Stella is canon. Just because they don't continue with their relationship for the rest of the series, it doesn't make it not canon. Flack/Angell is canon and will forever remain canon even though she is dead. Danny/Rikki is canon even though Rikki is no longer on the show and Danny has married Lindsay. Mac/Peyton is canon even though Peyton left the city. Unless TPTB retcon (definition to avoid confusion) and say that the whole Adam/Stella hookup was a dream, Adam/Stella are canon and even if Mac/Stella hook up in the next episode, Adam/Stella will still be canon.

3. Ballettmaus

Ballettmaus Hit and Run

What's bothering me the most right now is how they lose sight of the characters. Isn't Stella already spontaneous? The Stella I see is and the Stella I see also already decided to live more for the moment when she had the HIV fear and asked Mac if she could take the PCR test. So... is she going to jump off bridges now and throw herself at killers unarmed? Because otherwise, I'd suggest the writers actually watch their episodes and read the scripts they write so they know what they did write and how their characters already are.

And it's not only Stella, it's all of them. The writers are trying way too hard to create things which aren't there. Instead of going with what the actors provide them with and what the actors have made of their relationships in certain episodes, they don't look but stubbornly go with what's on their mind. They need to open their eyes and look. They get paid for what they do, they are no amateurs, at least that's what I thought. But I get the feeling they are afraid of where the chemistry their actors create will lead them and at times completely write against that.
    (which I think is one of the plusses of NCIS, they don't try hard to create something they go with what they have and what is created in the episodes)

However, I'm afraid if the CSI NY writers keep that up, they are going to kill that show.

4. Ad1991

Ad1991 Victim

This might be just me being pedantic...but I wonder why they've shuffled around the series regular order?

Looking forward to this episode though :)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  5. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

That a good Question!!!!

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

You're already on thin ice here--this isn't the first fight you've started. Warning for trolling. If you can't post civilly, this isn't the forum for you.

7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

A new exclusive interview at CSI Files with CSI: NY EP Peter Lenkov can be found here! There's some stuff about the crossover and Flack's storyline in it.

8. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

Hi, I'm a newbie in here. I'm still following topics on this thread and very much enjoying reading every post. :)

I like this order. :) But putting Stella behind Don is a little bit weird I think. :confused:

My trivial question is(even though there would be no correct answer and I know that...) why they only attach Det. to Mac and Don and not to others? Stella used to have Det. before her name. Where is it now? And Danny and Lidnsay are also detectives, but as far as I know, they have never had Det. before their names. I'm just curious. :)

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I have no idea about the Det vs non-Det thing, flying_mouse. You're not the only one that's been wondering though. Technically they should all be called 'Detective' except for Adam and Sid, I think...

Oh, I get you - I just don't know that ratings can be used as an argument for any side of the discussion since it's been fluctuating for a while. Very few episodes have hit high numbers recently - the premiere would be expected to get more viewers than usual simply because it's the premiere and there was a cliffhanger. I'm sure some people changed the channel because of Stella/Adam or the amount of angst or concentrating on a character they don't like (be it Danny or Flack or whoever) - but overall, I don't think the ratings were appreciably affected by any one part of the show. Like you said, it's a lot of things together that affect the ratings - and those things have been affecting the ratings for a while now, not just this season...

Don't hide! :lol: There's plenty of room in the sandbox for all of us. :p

I thought about that when I saw the press release. It's definitely curious. Maybe it means something, or maybe it means nothing at all...or maybe they're just trying to confuse us. :lol:

10. LaurenlovesD/L

LaurenlovesD/L Civilian

Hey im new here so i dont really know what to do ''Fills a bit of an out sider''
    But i was just wondering if there are any new spoilers about danny and lindsay this season?:)

11. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

Thank You I thought I was going crazy or something when I couldn't find it again!!

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

:lol: No, you're definitely not crazy. (Well, maybe you are, but if so you're no more crazy than the rest of us. :p)

Don't feel like an outsider! :)

I can't think of anything specifically regarding Danny and Lindsay's relationship (someone correct me if I've forgotten something) - that doesn't mean it's not in there, though. It's probably just not in the spoilers since those don't cover everything that happens.

13. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Thanks for the interview, Top41! It's reassuring to know that they did put a lot of thought into Danny's storyline...so it probably won't be ending completely by episode 9. There'll be repercussions from the injury, which is...well, not good for Danny :p but it'll make the story feel more real. And I love the stuff about Flack -- that his going over the edge was supposed to be a big shock all along because he's always been so together.

And lol, I'm pleased because this is finally going to be Hawkes' year. So tonight's ep is the maybe the first in an arc? :D I mean, they have to show how he gets back from his money problems eventually.

14. FieryRed

FieryRed Rookie

Thanks Top for the interview! it was nice although I have to admit noone mentioned Stella :/

15. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

And why we are at it why is Lindsey before Hawkes AND Danny?:wtf: She hasnt been there from the beginning like they have. I hope they are not getting ready to put a red cape on her so when she gets to the top rung she "flys away"...Or would that be a bad thing???:lol:

TOP: Thanks for the interview. I wonder what is coming up for Danny? I guess if we reseach the repercussions of his injury we can get a sneak preview!

Just dont forget your safety glasses!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.