CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Bright Lights, Big City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndorianIP

AndorianIP Victim

My friend and I asked that question and we just got the email as it was put up on TVguide.com!! woot woot...I am guessing that CBS and Pam Vesaey saw the ratings (yeah they sucked after that a/s lameness went from 14 mil to 10 after only 3 eppys) and knew if they didn't change they'd lose fans. I for one am happy and hoping that means more SMACKED spontinity! But as to the reason of the A/S...guess that's just it...for something to do! See ya kiddo! lol That is my opinion. :)

AIP

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I seriously doubt two Adam/Stella scenes in one episode is the only thing that keeps 12+ million people watching or not. The ratings this season are pretty comparable to last season. "Grounds for Deception" got 12.18 million viewers (the finale got 12.84 million, but I used GFD because the finale didn't air in the usual timeslot). *shrug* They could have decided not to continue the storyline for any number of reasons, but I doubt it affected the ratings that drastically (if at all) - if nothing else, it got people talking. :lol:

3. Kreguba

Kreguba Witness

I don't think they planned for A/S to go beyond the first episode. It was put in the teaser to do exactly what it did: cause panic, get people talking, and ensure that people would watch to find out what happened.

The 'more moments of spontaneity' thing has me worried. If sleeping with Adam was spontaneous, it sounds like Stella will be bed hopping throughout the department. I wish they could fine a way for her to be "spontaneous" without the typical 'sleeping with someone will make me feel better' route.

Have her go skydiving, base jumping, not one night stands.

4. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

^ I completely agree with you. They wanted to get us talking. They got us talking. Grand. Should I applaud or something? I wasn't particularly happy about Adam and Stella, I was just curious about its potential and mad at some people's absolutely rude, bashing attitude. However, seeing TPTB throwing yet another potential storyline to the garbage kinda makes me angry. They're so keen on starting one thing, then completely discard it and even pretend it never existed.

I also agree with you in the "spontaneous" part. It might be because I'm a foreigner, you see, and English isn't my mother tongue, but I understand "spontaneous" and "slutty" are not synonyms. However, maybe they consider now that Stella is 34 again, she can make the most of it and sleep with every guy in town minus Sid and Danny -'cause they're married-, Flack -'cause he's grieving-, Adam -'cause it's not gonna happen again- and Mac -'cause it makes the Smacked fans angry! :p

5. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

From Twitter of HH

6. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^:lol: Oh my gosh, does that mean that 6.10 title might be the real one? Or might have something to do with the episode?

On Stella/Adam...I did kind of get the feeling after 6.03 when they'd barely even hinted at it again, that it was going to be left as a one-time thing. Which is alright when looking from a real-world perspective; one-nighters happen all the time, and Adam was easily one of the best choices Stella could've made. From a storytelling perspective, it's a little annoying that the possible relationship is just going to fall into oblivion, but if it's supposed to be one part of a big (and well-handled) storyline that charts Stella's reaction to the bar shootout (or Angell's death, I don't know which one is causing the spontaneity), it's definitely an interesting plot point.

But I too am hoping that spontaneous =/= bed-hopping (not even only inside the department, but just in general). I mean, they have to come up with something a little more creative, seriously.

7. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

I think He jokes

8. SAPPHIRE79

SAPPHIRE79 Victim

I'm inclined to believe the whole Adam incident was some kind of test to see how we would react. The drop in ratings says it all for me NCIS is riding high why? Simple because their TPTB treat the viewer with a modicum of respect and wern't stupid enough to shack Ziva up with McGee just because she's miserable. Personally I'm over the bloody moon that we won't be having Adam/Stella inflicted on us as for Stella suddenly sleeping with every man in the Lab I doubt it after all they already tried that idea didn't they and a lead balloon wasn't even heavy enough to describe the fall and by all accounts they keep on falling. I agree 100 and 10% the whole Adam incident should never have seen the light of day because no-one will ever and I do mean ever accept Stella having a relationship with anyone other than Mac all they managed to achieve with this little detour is to give the impression that Stella is now officially the Lab Bike and Adam is some kind of self centred sex obssessed creep yeah that was such a good idea wasn't it? Then they wonder why there was such an angry backlash!

SMACKED FOREVER AND ALWAYS! ADAM ABSOLUTELY NEVER!

9. Plenilunio

Course it was only because of this reason, not because the cases have been less interesting and gripping than they were in previous seasons. If it hadn't been for Stella and Adam sleeping together, ratings would be skyrocketing! (why, yes! I'm being sarcastic!)

Say what? Speak for yourself and only yourself. There are plenty of people who are actually against Smacked for various and valid reasons. Comments like this one are a very good argument to throw up at the very thought of Mac and Stella ever being together, for example.

On a different note, Adam and Stella sleeping together is canon. Smacked is not.
    I suppose you'll later expect non-Smacked fans to respect you and your views, right?

FYI, before you accuse me of being a Smacked hater or whatever, I ship Smacked, I just don't go throwing tantrums when I don't get what I want and bigotry pisses me off.

10. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

The "slutty" reference was meant as a perjorative term. And from a moral stand point if someone just "slept around" to make themselves feel good, would not "sleeping" with married men and men in mourning be "far game" as well? I mean after all it is sounds like she was just being "spontaneous":lol: My point being is that the whole thing was senseless and just suggested Stellas judgement and usual commen sense...but in the end it served its purpose "tounge wagging".

11. SAPPHIRE79

SAPPHIRE79 Victim

Err what planet are you on? Since when was Adam/Stella cannon? The only thing I have ever seen between them is Adam having a schoolboy crush on Stella I can't remember one single instance of her ever having any romantic feelings towards Adam ever at best you could descibe it as big sister type of affection nothing more. I could go into whole long lists of examples of where Stella/Mac as been established as cannon Who went chasing after her to greece? Who is it she hugs? Who is it says he cares about her just for starters certainly not Adam. Please don't ever call me biggotted again that's just plain insulting and quite frankly the place of last resort because you can't think of a decent argument in your own favour I may be passionate about the subject but I'm not the one resulting to name calling now am I? FYI:If you want other Smacked or Non Smacked fans to respect your views and opinions then you need to start acting like an adult not some spoilt kid throwing it's dummy out of it's pram.

SMACKED FOREVER! ADAM NEVER.

12. Plenilunio

It's called Earth. You can come visit one day!

I haven't mentioned Adam/Stella, but Adam and Stella sleeping together. Sex takes at least two people acting voluntarily (I know about masturbation, I'm just not taking it into account because it's irrelevant here) and her comments in 6x01 show she wasn't raped by Adam.

A slash is habitually used to talk about romantic relationships. All you described might be part of a brother-and-sister relationship. Stella has a strong bond with Mac, that's for sure, but remember she talked about the woman in his life, not of her life. I had an English teacher time ago who said prepositions were a bitch in any language. He was dead right.

No comments in this one. I'm not going down to your level.

Bashing poor Adam again. How... unexpected.

13. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

The meaning of the word "canon", is someone getting together, kissing or in Adam and Stellas case, a one night stand. :p That's why they are a canon couple.

But, let's not argue, okay? :]

14. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

this, basically!

15. SAPPHIRE79

SAPPHIRE79 Victim

Sink to my level I think you mean rise to it after all by your own standards anyone who prefers Dantana/Flangell/Smacked over other combo's is automatically bigotted so what does that make you ....your criteria remember not mine since you seem to be quite openly stating a preference for Adam/Stella? Since you can't think of a single excuse to defend yourself and are resorting to slinging insults again (shock, shock, horror i don't think) then i think we can all safetly assume sombody as lost their agument and they know it. I too had a superb English teacher and I was always tought the / symbol was used as an abbreviation of and E.g. Eggs/Bacon, Bread/Milk nowhere does it indicate a romantic relationship between two names. Is it my imagination or have we just had an announcement stating catagorically Adam/Stella aint never gonna happen hardly what you would call cannon in anyone's book TPTB themselves can't distance themselves quickly enough from the whole shambles ratings donot lie wether you like it or not and i've seen plenty of messages here and in other places of people switching off due to Adam/Stella no other reason after all since when have the ever made a public announcement saying they aren't going to persue a storyline before sand I don't see TPTB making any similar announcements about Smacked do you? On the subject of my signature i would have though it was obvious that that's what it is a signature something i've been doing as a form of protest ever since this Adam farce began i think maybe you need a few might need a few more English lessons if you fail to realize that (Oh look your gonna try and insult me again aren't you Yawn! How boringly predictable.)

SMACKED FOREVER! ADAM NEVER!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.