Speed/Rory #18 - A Different Shade of Badass

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Apr 16, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 21, 2009.
  1. Speed/Rory: 'Always Watching Over Us'

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Speed/Rory: 'The Dead Has Risen'

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. Speed/Rory: 'The Dead Will Rise'

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. Speed/Rory: 'Welcome To The Company'

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Speed/Rory: 'I love Hotel Rooms; Body Fluids Everywhere'

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. Speed/Rory: 'Even Eric's Head Tells Us He's a Great CSI!'

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Speed/Rory: 'Solving Cases From The Beyond, Circa 07'

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Speed/Rory: 'A Different Shade of Badass'

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  9. Speed/Rory: 'Finally fired his gun!'

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  10. Speed/Rory: 'Greg Seaton or Is It Satan?'

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  11. Speed/Rory: 'Sometimes Bad is Hot!'

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

wheres he gonna be ware'n that bow at He He He !

2. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

I sincerely hope that the TPTB can really put on their negotiation hats, their best diplomatic phrases and woo Rory back for ALL of US. There are so many fan fiction stories dealing with his *death* by toying around with the idea of Speedle being summoned by the DEA, CIA and so forth, that a fake death had to be done so he could act on direct orders elsewhere; there are good ideas out there that can be used to bring him back.

I am one who really, really REALLY misses the guy and every time A&E shows an episode with him in it (I won't watch Lost Son- EVER that is just too, too too painful) he just lives, breathes and eats chemistry- especially with H, H cares for him in a way that is not contrived at all- it's the real DEAL! He's the one, the ONLY one who could challenge Jesse at this point and be a foil for him and I'd love to see the 2 men at work dealing with each other.

I belong to groups whose members would flock back to watching Miami in a heartbeat if he was to return. Please hear the fans, PLEASE FIND THE DOLLARS but please DO see if he can be mollified into coming back; surely Rory knows by now just how much his talent is appreciated by people here who watch the show!

I've heard that he and and Adam are good friends- maybe Adam will be willing to intercede or act as a go-between to smooth the ruffled feathers. I sure would like to see him back on Miami in 2011!

3. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Rory probably will never be back I'm sad to say! he has made it clear many times that he left of is own accord to grow into his Movie career. He said he didn't like the work schedule a full time character had on the show! He was given a choice either stay with the show till his contract expired, or yes they would release him by killing off his character witch he told them he they shouldn't do in case they need to bring him back for a few episodes here and there witch he wouldn't mind doing! TPTB said no heres the deal take it or leave it!

In addition he had a clause in his contract that if he broke it he was still under contract with the show for the next 4 years and could be brought back at lease twice a year to reprise his character for them! Also he was ban from doing any other TV series or show for that said 4 years! (This is why he sorta disappeared from TV) He has often said yes he walked away from making good money to do what he always wanted to do in the beginning!

As for them wanting him back, and him turning them down, I assume that his reasons were not for the money because I don't think he really needs it that bad! His reasons were more about his principles!

HE waned out, and they let him out with that nice little clause added in!

Now! lets think about this ! You want out, and they say ok you can get out, but hey we are gonna kill you off! But you can't do any other TV for 4 years, and if I want you to come back at least 2 times a year your mine!

Ok he said! I still want out!

He told them they really shouldn't kill the character In case he had to come back! Nope this is the deal! you want out this is how you go!

I guess he had to wonder how he would be called back to shoot something unless they bring him back as being undercover, or maybe do that flashback if his character dead! (I.E. Bang Bang your Dept.)

OK! so they called him up, and said hey come do this Ep. for us where Eric sees Speedle! He says sure why not how you gonna do it! Well they tell him, which we all know how this plot was kinda lame and he didn't have but one speaking part in it, and thens Speed is Dead and gone again!

Well mind you, he was still ban from TV, and they called him 1 time in four years that hes still under contract and he can't do anyother shows witch i'm sure he probably would have if he could have! Why would he want to come back and be a figment of someones imagination witch was lame to start out with, and he knows the fans want him back, but now they can't have him because they have really made him dead now!

Now they wanted him to come back 5 years later after he is totally out of his contract and do a flash back witch he knows will thrill the fans, but after having to be ban from TV and under contract with these guys for 4 years and they called him once in 4 years and kept him from working anything! Want you back and your a dead ass character! I sure he told them were to stick it!

I can not blame him for what he did! Yes! him and Adam are big buddies, and I would not be surprised in the least if Rory didn't give Adam advise on leaving! Rory did not turn them down for the money ! He turned them down because he was tired of them yanking his chain, and it kinda sound as if Adam doesn't have a lot of time to do what he wants to either since Tyler Perry rearranged their shooting schedule to fit Adams TV filming Schedule.

Let face it Hes not coming back, and its not about the money! Its about what he believes in ! He knows hes very loved as Speedle ! But I think he would rather stay true to the Speedle Bad ass persona, than come back to us as some lame ass ghost, or a flash back here and there! I like to think that he may be gone but at least he went with his pride!

Speedle will never die as long as we keep him alive in our Fan Fictions ! As long as we have our imaginations he will live forever for us!

Sorry for the rant girls just had to get it out!

4. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

Believe me, I certainly don't want Rory to return as a ghost. In any case, hope springs eternal and perhaps TPTB and he can negotiate a full return of his character alive and whole as I stated above. Some would think it's soap-opera like to have a faked death, but many would tolerate that, just to see him return to the cast even once in a while as Adam is being allowed to do.

Just being hopeful and yes I too love the fan fiction done on his character!

5. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Hey, if Horatio can have all the faked death stuff, then so can Speed. I think more people would be receptive of Speed coming back from the grave since he was, and still is, such a well liked character. Bringing him back as a ghost is just a little too far fetched, even for this show, but just saying "oh, he had to go into hiding or something" is a tad bit more believable.

6. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I'd love to see Speed come back even if it was for that premiere. I know Rory had his reasons but still, for the fans he could have done it! I still love him though! I don't see him ever coming back again now. I didn't mind the ghost Speed thing though it was apparent that Speed had aged a bit and gained some weight since his death, lol! It was just great to see him. I miss seasons 1 & 2 with him and Eric's banter. It was great. I don't think the show has been that good since.

On another note I'm hoping to see Rory in something soon whether it be tv or movie. So far I've seen nothing that he's working on. Here's hoping he'll be working on something soon!

As always, I bring a Speed pic. :hugegrin:
    [​IMG]

7. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

I 'm would by all means Love for Rory to come back, But I pretty sure that hes done with the show! Of course hell could freeze over tomorrow and he may show back up out of the blue, but i'm still not holding my breath for it! Lol! i;m just hoping he lands another movie or TV appearance on one of the newer shows that's out like NCSI LA of maybe Trauma ! OOh! Rory on Trauma would be hot ! He would be a paramedic or Doctor of some victim in an accident scene! that show is kinda hot! I could handle him at a Paramedic!

If anyone is interested I have Rory's Brother Brendan on Twitter! hes not been Tweeting much, but it could be due to him nothaving a lot of followers yet! If you want to follow him heres his Tiitter site,

http://twitter.com/incpro

He has been doing alot of great Video and Directing work with some pretty big rappers and producing for other directors! He also Writes! Lets all follow him and support him ! Hes had a lot of ups and downs in his life, but right now he looks to be on the up side of life! I for one am a big fan of his!

8. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

I just saw Bang Bang Your Debt a few hours ago.....seeing Speed and Eric together....seeing the hope in Eric's eyes that Speed might be alive......and then just seeing Speed standing there with that usual smirk on his face....I couldn't stop crying, hell, I was bawling my eyes out!

I miss Speed so so so so so much!

I do wish Rory would have come back for the premiere, and it would have more than just Speed being a ghost, since it was flashback, it would have been Speed 12 years ago rather than Ghost Speed, and he certainly would have had lines.....it would have been SO COOL to have Speed in those flashback moments and seeing the beginning of the team!

I guess I can understand Rory's reluctance to return, I mean, if I had gotten a rough deal like that, I probably wouldn't want to return to the lion's den again so easily......but still I miss Speed/Rory....sniff sniff:(

One reason why I couldn't bring myself to watch any episode with Speed in it is because I start crying everytime I see him, it's just so sad for me to think that he's dead and I just can't take seeing all those happy moments knowing that Speed's life would end so tragically.....

I only barely managed to rack up the courage to watch the season 6 episode where Speed comes back as Eric's hallucination....and even that turned me into a crying mess....:(

I just really miss Speed.....

This clip always gets me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmrtkP9RjjU

(hopefully posting YT is ok, if not, please do tell me and I'll take it off)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  9. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Ok, just found this and it cracked me up, lol!

[​IMG]

10. .speed.delko.

.speed.delko. Rookie

Welcome back, Speedy thread!

And youtube links are allowed here!!!!!!! YAYNESS!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

11. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

If any of you have the fuse channel on your cable or cable satellite system, Empire Records will be on at Monday night at 8PM EST. and again on Tuesday at 1AM EST. Also they are showing Right at your door at 5AM EST. this morning on the Sundance Channel! Check you local listings to get the correct channels & times for your area!

Since Monday nights CSI Miami is a rerun Lets Spend it with Rory! Enjoy!

12. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Public Enemies officially coming out in the US on December 8th! Woohoo! I can't wait and hope there's some Rory on the double disc edition!

[​IMG]

13. .speed.delko.

.speed.delko. Rookie

I look forward to it! :D Thanks Kris :D

14. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

Public Enemies has just been released on dvd here in the UK yesterday. I can't wait to get it. I have it on pre-order.:thumbsup:

15. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Woohoo! Enjoy!