Liz Vassey/Wendy Simms Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by gregsandersluver, Feb 14, 2006.

1. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

As much as I really love Wendy, and would love to see her in a larger role (like last time when she was out in the field), I'm glad they added Riley. I just wish the writers would really start developing her character a bit more. It would be great to have three semi-full-time female characters to balance out the overload of testosterone on the show with Ray, Nick, Greg, Hodges, Archie, Brass, and the other detectives.

2. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

ITA with kaylyne. I can see the great connections between female characters. So many guys and they need Wendy to make a nice balance. I'm sure they'll do it and we're going to see more and more of her.

3. dandylion

dandylion Hit and Run

I just read somewhere that she had a birthday recently, and it made me want to bump up this thread a little bit. I'm curious about what season 10 has in store for Wendy. I hope you are right, Deirdre, and we see more of her. I like her chemistry with Hodges a lot (whether they're romantically involved or just snarky to each other. I think they work well together.)

4. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

AfterEllen.com has a nice little interview with Liz ( read the article here )

She talks about Jorja, Marg, and her "co-dependent", Christina Cox. Very nice interview.

5. Ankeila

Ankeila Rookie

Imaging that :guffaw::guffaw:

Nice interview though. Didn't know she was a pescetarian, nice! I wonder what her singing voice is like so I hope there will be a video of her singing at What A Pair! 7 this month. She said that she's going to sing with someone she works with so maybe it's Marg since she's going to be there too.

6. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

It was great to have Wendy back on the show. She seemed to have disappeared for a few episodes. Loved her scenes tonight with Hodges. Those two work so well together. We still need more Wendy screen time.

7. andsoareyou

andsoareyou Dead on Arrival

I loved the scenes in Bloodsport, too. I thought it was hysterical that she just offered up Hodges' help. I think she's one of the only ones who could get away with doing that to him. I also agree, I would love to be seeing more of her. I actually loved her out in the field last year when she met that cat (Gareth? Is that right?)

8. dandylion

dandylion Hit and Run

Really enjoyed the episode tonight (Death and The Maiden). I thought it was interesting that she was talking about going out in the field again, and I loved Hodges saying that he wanted to see her happy. I also thought it was cool that Greg stood up for her when she thought she'd contaminated the case. I don't think we see enough of those two working together. I bet they'd be good friends and pretty funny. :)

9. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

this was a great Wendy episode, even though she was stuck in the lab throughout. She had some good screen time. I hope they do decide to get her out of the lab a bit.

10. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

Anyone see Liz on Two and a Half Men? I don't watch the show I only watched it for her. She was good!

11. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I only watched Two and a Half Men once before - when Liz was on the first time a few years ago. I loved her in last night's episode.

I came across these wonderful pics of Liz:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I don't usually watch it either, but I watched last night. It was good to see her again. :)

I also noticed, while browser her imdb page, that she was in an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation. I watched that yesterday too - she was barely recognizable as the same person!

13. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Yeah, I don't normally watch the show either, but thought I would last night. She was fantastic in it. Hard to see her playing a different role after being spoiled with her on CSI for the last several seasons :lol:, but she did great. It's hard to keep a good woman down.

14. margarita_salt

margarita_salt Hit and Run

I saw Two & a Half Men the other night. She looked great as ever. I am too a bit spoiled by her playing Wendy on CSI for many seasons. But I guess I ahve to get use to seeing her on other things. :evil:

I am really glad she is getting work on other tv series. She is a fantastic actress and so beautiful.

Kaylyne...love thoes photos of Liz

15. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Liz was back on Two and a Half Men this week. She was great again (I especially loved her expressions in the lunch scene). Unfortunately, it seems like her character might not be back again. :(