"Bloodsport" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Bellafibs

Bellafibs Victim

I love Brass, he's hilarious. Especially during the interview of 'Pal'
    "You gonna charge me with the JFK assassination too?"
    "No, I'll let you slide on that one" :lol:
    I was so sure he was the killer. :shifty:

The opening was cool, I was thinking "what the hell?"

What I didn't like was when Nick had the picture of the trophy and just by looking at it, he figures out that it's the murder weapon. It was very Tom Hanks/Da Vinci Code -esque

2. 915

915 CSI Level One

Well I swear I don't know how Ray comes up with the thing that always solves the cases most of the time :rolleyes: So I myself was perfectly fine with Nick coming up with that. Could just have been some educated guessing on his part too, and since it was missing from the house and it was the right shape for the wounds could have been what tipped him off that it was the murder weapon too.

3. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well I enjoyed this episode. Again not too much Ray and I always love Greg and Sara working together. Plus they had gel man. :lol:

I loved Catherine's comment on watching football for the guys butts. :lol: Brass always gets great lines. Love him.

It was nice that they twisted it with the kid ending up being the killer after all.

Enjoyed Wendy recruiting Hodges for fieldwork and then it was garbage. Haa!

Another happy camper this week with this episode.

4. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

I just started watching the episode, as I just got home *grumbles* but I must say that the long doctor explanation of football by Ray to Cath kinda annoyed me. Though Catherine admitting that she watches football to look at the guy's butts made me laugh! :lol:

Here's to hoping that I make it to the end without falling asleep!

5. tobinhr

tobinhr Hit and Run

OK, I got interrupted and I missed a few minutes...How exactly did the car end up in the lake? Did he hit the accelerator at a "crucial" moment?

Tobin

6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

That was the impression that I got since you could only see him and not her...I think she was busy. :guffaw:

7. byline

byline CSI Level One

I liked it, though the beginning grossed me out. But it was very well done, so I'll roll with it. Thought the episode lost a bit of steam right toward the end, but otherwise was quite good. Only one complaint: I'm getting a bit tired of having both cases be connected. They can't all be connected . . . can they?

8. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

lol...you could say that he was really enjoying the moment...

Great episode. Great as in the even distribution of screen time amongst the entire cast. The story wasn't to bad. Personally I don't really mind if one case is linked to another in some why shape or form...just as long as they are good. Nothing stupid.

- Glad that Ray acknowledged Catherine as the boss. For a while I was beginning to think that got lost in the mix of it all...

- I too thought it quite amusing that Wendy was more then happy to volunteer Hodges for a bit of field work. The look on his face when Ray asked for the garbage to be dumped was funny. Could only imagine what was going through Hodges mind at that moment. And of course Wendy had to one up him with the sport shoe, after he found the murder weapon...

- had a chuckle at doc and nick and the whole ruining breakfast thing. Seems like something he'd do just for the fun of it. Though I too wonder how many times doc has pulled that off...or tried too

- Enjoyed Sara and Greg working together. they play well off each other and it's nice to see.

- Brass? well, it's always fun to hear what he has to say and to whom. He never disappoints me.

9. Windsong

Windsong Victim

Was this episode shot out of sequence? Nick/George is looking like he did late last season almost. Tired/pale. He looked like he was feeling better in the last few episodes and in recent appearances.

Screen time seemed pretty good this episode. Interesting story. The actor who played the coach also played a football coach on "Reba" for years!

Kinda gory ... not only the blood gore in the beginning, but the many shots of the girl in the car. Normally I don't get queasy, but they both icked me out.

Love Brass's one liners. No one can deliver them like he can. :)

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Haha when I saw him, I went "Hey, it's Brock!"... but I kind of forgot about him being a coach on Reba. :lol:

Cath: Even Gods have enemies.

--

Sara: Did you find Neemo?
    Greg: Not unless Neemo is a Beemo. :lol:

--

Nick: Thanks for ruining another breakfast for me.
    Doc: It's what I do. :lol:

--

Cath: I just like to watch the guys hit each other... and I like their butts. :guffaw:

--

Suspect's last name is Crook and Hodges wonders if he's living up to his name. :lol: And of course the guy named Crook turns out to be the killer. :lol:

Archie's at another conference?

Bobby was mentioned! Color me shocked! Hope that means he'll return soon.

The cases are connected AGAIN? :groans:

Not a bad episode. Solid A... even though I'm getting tired of the cases connecting. They've done that pretty much every ep this season so far. :sigh: That gets old real fast.

Screentime was pretty even this time. :)

11. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Summary:

- Wow. We get Mandy, Wendy & Hodges all in one episode. That’s quite a feat for season 10 so far!
    - Wendy & Hodges with the garbage dump. ROFL Those two just crack me up.
    - The two-cases turning into one is getting a bit stale these days. What happened to the good old days of two separate cases?
    - loved, loved, LOVED Greg & Sara working together.
    - This was a great Catherine-as-supervisor episode again. I still would like to see her do more processing at a crime scene. That’s something that I’ve really missed in the past season or two.
    - The return of Attorney Margaret Finn. Yay! I like her, even though she’s usually on the ‘other’ side.
    - I didn’t recognize Christopher Rich as being coach Miller at the beginning. I loved him as Reba’s ex-husband on her sitcom.
    - everyone seemed to get in a good one-liner or two. It’s about time we get a little more humor and camraderie and less team dissention.
    - nice little Ray backstory with him being a military brat.
    - the car in water case reminded me a bit of “living legend” in season 7, and the bloody house at the beginning reminded me of season 6 “bite me”, and even “spark of life” from season 5. There were quite a few similarities.

my full review can be found here

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  12. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I really enjoyed this ep! It had an old CSI feel to it.

I loved the opening. I knew it was going to be bloody and they didn't disappoint. When the guy started doing his normal routine, I knew he was just in zombie-mode. The only part that got me was when they showed the cereal bowl filled with blood and milk. That's when I threw up a little in my mouth.

The cases themselves were great. This is the first time in a long while that I actually felt bad for the vic. Normally, I'm detached and just watching it with sick fascination. This time the case actually made me feel. :( The guy didn't have it coming and was actually an overall decent fellow.

I knew the two were going to be connected so I was prepared. Although I'm still unclear as to why? The first theory, that Pal had killed coach when the car was discovered would have fit in nicely. Since it was the student, however, it was mere coincidence that they found the car at that moment. A little to convenient for my taste.

Yet, when Catherine mentioned how it was weird that the cases could be linked, I laughed. I saw that as a subtle in-joke that the writers knew of the audacity of the link. I hoping it was just their genius working here and not another lame "hey! let's get the cases to be tied together!" moment.

Screen time was excellent. Lots of Greg (though he did seem to disappear in the second half after the cases were tied-in), little Langston, hell they even were able to show Wendy! Brass and Doc were hilarious as always. SuperDave tugged at the heartstrings as usual. Mandy, always sexy:). The banter between Hodges and Wendy was also very entertaining.

Observations:

1. I think something is up with Archie. Either A: they're preparing him for some role change in the show, or B: the actor is currently unavailable. But why have the other characters acknowledge the frequent absences then :confused:?

2. It's just been proven that we can have Sara without GSR. I don't recall hearing the words "Grissom", and/or "married" at all in the ep. Not saying anything one way or another, just an observation.

3. Was this the first time we saw Greg fire a gun? I remember him in the training course holding a gun, but firing it? I may be wrong here, please correct me if I am.

4. I'm still getting used to Catherine as boss. When she was talking to Greg and Sara about the car case her tone was a little too serious for my taste. My first thought was "Damn! That pimp hand am cold!" But then I realized that Grissom would have said the samething. I guess I'm just trying to seperate old Catherine from new Catherine. It's been hard.

Excellent ep! A+:thumbsup:

13. SuckerMe

SuckerMe Dead on Arrival

Hi everybody !

It was really a nice epi, i must say.
    I agree with everything PraetorCorvinus had said.
    and YES ,it is the first time we see little-ex-lab-rat Greggo fire a gun ! (i'm a Greg fanatic xD)
    and I loved Greg and Sara working together, I think they make a great team, and hated the fact that the cases were connected AGAIN !!!!

btw PraetorCorvinus, I love your signature (too bad Keppler lasted only for 3 episodes, i really liked him)

14. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

suckerme, Keppler was on only 4 episode, not 3.

I really like the episode. I knew Crooks did it, the way he act. I like Al ruins Nick's another breakfast. I like Nick and Sara teasing with each other. I preferred Nick with Sara (As a Friends) over Greg with Sara. Don't get me, I like them working together as a friends, but they lack something, I don't know what is it. I guess I'm waiting for Greg to something to Sara about her leaving. I know I saw Greg's face and he looks angry at her, I hope I'm wrong about this. That's my opinion, don't bash me what I said about Greg, I said a nice thing about him.

Catherine as a boss, I'm glad the writers don't make her so bossy that Nick don't like. She relaxed herself.

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't think it's that Greg is upset with Sara, I think it's more that he's concerned about her. Being apart from your husband like that can't be easy on a person, especially if you're still a newlywed. I think maybe Greg's worried that it might start to take a toll on Sara. He always seems very happy to see Sara. in the premiere he was so upset over being treated like the newbie and then when he saw Sara, he just lit up like a Christmas tree with his smile. I do think he misses her a great deal when she's gone... so he may be feeling like he's wondering when/if she's gonna just up and leave again, so that may explain that look. :)