"The Unusual Suspect" Discussion *Beware SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Mar 15, 2006.

1. beautiful_loser

beautiful_loser Pathologist

I didn't see the first couple minutes of the episode tonight because I was at work, but I--really didn't like it. I mean I liked it in the sense that you hated the two kids because they were so cocky that they thought they had the system beat, and I guess because I hated those two kids I hated the episode as well...

And no, when the jury acquits him it's not the end, the prosecution can still appeal, which is probably what they would do considering that they were looking at prosecuting Hannah.

The ones who are arrogant enough to think that they can get away with it are always the ones who end up getting caught.

2. nickstokesfan

nickstokesfan Coroner

Thanks for the explanation. I know that you can't re-convict someone for the same crime twice, but you're right about appealing the verdict... (gotta brush up on my law...) :)

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I remember reading on the YTDAW that towards the end of the season, they juggle the characters around because they are filming episodes simulataneously meaning while this episode featured a heavy dose of Sara and Nick, the other actors are off doing another episode that they will be featured heavily in. So the next one will probably be Greg/Grissom heavy while we see little of Nick and Sara. It's a way of wrapping up the season and preparing for the next.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I thought you couldn't appeal when Jurys were involved.

5. Shady Lane

Shady Lane CSI Level Two

I really really liked it.
    Juliette (the actress who played Hannah) was outstanding, nailed the role!

I really liked this case, it was really well done, a good twist and a good look at highschool life. It also hinted at character personal lives which is awesome, I really miss that lately.

I do miss Grissom and Greg, but I think they are working on making Grissom "disapear" so it won't be soo hard when he really does.

6. Toots

Toots Pathologist

A ho-hum episode. Nothing special.

I really wanted to grab Nick, wash his hair, trim it, and comb it into something more recognizable. God, what a mess!

The little girl was creepy enough to have committed murder, but the actress who played her didn't convince me of her intelligence, if that makes any sense. Perhaps a different actress would have sounded more convincing and sincere.

Best line of the episode came from Nick as he walked away from Hodges muttering "I know how you feel." I know too, Nick.

I agree with whoever said this show is just another police show without Grissom. I really missed his presence.

Hey look, it's Ecklie! We got Ecklie, but no Grissom? What is this world coming to?

I'll have to console myself that Greggo was in the previews for a nanosecond, and I look forward to next week.

7. IlovemySNICKERS

IlovemySNICKERS CSI Level One

This was a really good episonde...but an also really aggravating one....only cuz you werent sure who really committed the crime. At the end thoug....i just wanted to shout (which i ended up doing) when Hannah said that Marlon really murdered Stacy....grr....that is gonna upset me for awhile...and i don't really know why.

8. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Thank you, Destiny. I must have dozed off during that part. Makes sense now.

9. kimaken

kimaken Lab Technician

She was great in the role!

That's something they can do when the writers leave out several of the characters (Grissom, Greg, Brass, Doc, and David the Coroner).

Could be the reason, but then why make Greg disappear, too? Makes me wonder if there is some truth to those old rumors. Whatever the case, it's nice to see that Catherine, Nick, Sara, and Warrick (along with Sophia, Hodges, and Ecklie) can carry the story so well.

10. beautiful_loser

beautiful_loser Pathologist

NP~ LOL--GRR, those little brats! I hope they do a continuation of it, I was kind of hoping that they would've figured it out at the end, that they would have known, that they would have been able to get a conviction, typical CSI-style. And if that, the girl should've just remained silent, not told them that he did it. She was better for the conviction anyway.

You can still appeal when a jury is involved, the defense does it all the time.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

I really enjoyed tonights episodes. I liked the whole flashback at the beginning of the episode because it let the episode start in a interesting place. The fact that there was an actial confession was cool too.

I always enjoy seeing Nick and Sara working together and even though Nick was techically right, Sara was also right about not dissmissing the little girl Hannah as a suspect. To be fair she made the murder look like she did it and I was as convinced as Sara but what a great twist!

I liked the comparison of Sara and Hannah although Sara isn't that bloody weird! eeep...Loved Sara and Nick but yeah I missed Grissom and the crew.

12. Shady Lane

Shady Lane CSI Level Two

They left out Greg because they don't realize how amazing he is! Lol, I love Greggo. Either that or maybe he's going to be big in another episode coming up.

I agree again, the actress did a really good job, espically since she is only 10 and playing a 12-year-old role.

13. newt

newt Hit and Run

I liked this episode. The whole time i was like "THA 4 YEAR OLD DID IT!!``" But it ended up being Marlon Brando. Who'd a thought? NOT ME.
    And Warrick's neice was so funny. I liked how they bossed her around, and she was just being a sassy gurl. OH HER!
    And where was Grissom? Oh well, glad we'll see him next week!

14. nickstokesfan

nickstokesfan Coroner

Uhhhhhh, Newt.... I'm not sure your banner will get moderator approval. I, personally, don't find it appropriate.

15. ford_prefect

ford_prefect CSI Level Two

I loved this episode. The case was really interesting and kept me guessing. I really thought the girl had done it. There was lots of Nicky goodness. Sara, Warrick, Catherine, Sofia, Hodges, even Ecklie (who I love this season) were all good. I thought the actress playing the little girl was fantastic. It was just good all around.

I have to say that although I love both Greg and Grissom, I didn't even realize Greg wasn't in the episode until I saw him in the preview for next week, and I didn't realize Grissom wasn't in it until I came here and started reading everyone's comments. *shrugs*