Anna/Lindsay #6: Baby on Board!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

They haven't shown it much since S3 :shifty:...(although have they done many bug-related cases since then?) But if they stick with it, it could be an excellent Lindsay thing, especially since I miss Grissom, and the whole angle of bug-fascination in CSI! Lol, I love the idea that she might've gotten it directly from a seminar with Grissom. It's possible -- I mean, Catherine on Vegas is orginally from Bozeman, Montana too, and if there's six degrees of connection between everyone on the planet...:lol:

:guffaw: Remember the episode where they were in Philadelphia (dealing with Anthrax or some other "bioterrorist" illness) and that one reporter who bought her a candy bar kept looking her up and down? She was definitely supposed to be a hottie. (Although that guy was a creeper :p Funny, but still)

Not that I minded the Whitesnake shirt! But it's interesting how much storytelling can be done through wardrobe -- I've seen loads of shows use that gimmick, and kind of wish CSI: NY would do the same (again).

Yeah, it only bothered me that they called it a "Montana thing" (they should've just had her say it was something she used to do back in Montana.) There wouldn't have been wild animals in the city of Bozeman itself, but if she'd done the rain-walking thing even on her family's ranch that could've been a danger. Still safer than in NYC in the middle of the night, though, I bet.

:lol::lol:Exactly! And how many times did Mac have to tell her (in Cool Hunter) to stick to this science she supposedly believes in? It's funny, because Lindsay's otherwise fairly down-to-earth. But I think it's a good thing for a scientist, not letting herself only consider what's logically possible. I mean, many would've said it wasn't logically possible that a weapon from Alexander's tomb could be used in a murder in New York, but if they'd stuck with that idea in "GfD" they wouldn't have gone far with the case.

Nah, I always listen carefully to everything Lindsay says :lol: (or everything the other characters say about her), because they've actually given us a crazy amount of personal info about her. I know more about her family and her childhood home, and her childhood itself, her past interests and current interests, than I do about any of the other characters (except Mac, Danny, and I think Stella). What's a shame is that they never run with any of the info they've given us about her, especially 'cause it could probably fill a wikipedia article.

It helps to have the episodes on DVD -- btw, I watched "Boo" again last night, just for the hell of it ;) I still feel the same way as ever about the interrogation scene, but I love how Lindsay/AB acted in that whole episode, too.

Oh, I don't know, she seems very stubborn to me :lol: I mean, she doesn't give up if she's sure of something, and doesn't let people talk her out of something when she's sure she's on the right track -- like Mac and Stella have tried, several times before: Cool Hunter; Grounds for Deception; Open and Shut? If she'd let Mac (or Stella) talk her out of going with her instincts in any of those episodes, they may not have solved those cases. It's something I really love about her, that if she's sure she's right, she sticks to her guns until otherwise proven wrong.

That said, she always makes sure to investigate the possibility that she might be wrong ("Wasted", "People With Money"), and if she is, she happily backs down...not in a "but in fact I was right" way, I so agree about that; the few times we've seen her be wrong in a way that the show acknowledges, she accepts it very gracefully. Another so-cool thing about her. The problem is that we so rarely see her being wrong :p She's too smart.

That's the problem...don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Mac and Lindsay's first interactions. And Stella and Lindsay's; Hawkes and Lindsay's; and even Flack and Lindsay's first interaction is my absolute favourite, for that matter, although he seemed to dislike her and she really seemed to dislike him back then :lol:[Stealing Home] That actually came across as the only halfway-believable Lindsay-interaction. But even Danny and Lindsay's first interactions were pretty amusing, despite knowing how they'd turn out.

I think Lindsay in general is someone who's easy to like/love/find very endearing and fun, but hard to get close to...here's hoping I make sense. That's the way I felt about her when I first started watching the show, so I can easily believe that the other characters would've felt the same way, especially since they were shown feeling that same way (being all charmed by her, without really knowing her) onscreen. I'm not surprised in the least that they started to love her; they would have anyway. I just don't think they should have liked her right away; it wasn't realistic. Realistically, people often have to prove themselves to their coworkers before said coworkers start becoming fond of them. Realistically, Danny's reaction to Lindsay should have come from the others as well, especially since Lindsay was replacing Aiden, who they all loved. I mean, a very realistic portrayal of coworker interactions is the way Eva Rossi interacted with some of her coworkers...who she'd been working with for years, and they all seemed fond of each other. But she still usually had to prove to them that she contributed a lot to the team, because sometimes they seemed to think she didn't, just because she wasn't a doctor like the rest of them.

Oooh, now I want to see this storyline even more badly! There is so much potential to Lindsay's character -- and you know, I've been thinking about this since yesterday...it's really almost every other character in the franchise who's gotten a chance to "get in trouble" with the police department. They did the same type of storyline with Eric and Ryan and Calleigh (and even Natalia a little) on CSI: Miami. Lindsay deserves a storyline like that -- heck, they owe her one like it :scream:

2. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Ugh, I'm so tired I might fall asleep while typing this here, so please don't hit me because I'm not quoting. :lol:

I agree about Eva. She was supposed to be a hottie, especially in the first episode we got to see that. I mean, the way they dressed her and everything. But the best was how she sat next to that guy and tried to be all sweet and sexy and he really fell for it until she went too far and he got who she really was. :lol: That was such a brilliant scene. Eva rocks. Really.

I agree that we should get to see more of Lindsay's Montana things. What would you guys like her to wear?

I agree with you, Maya, that she sticks to her opinion and tries to prove that she's right. She has a strong will, which I agree, is a very great side of her. But what makes it even better is that she's not the...how do you actually call it? Yes, she is stubborn when it comes to following a hint she has or an idea and when she wants to prove something, but how do you call it that she's not all 'actually I was right, no matter what you say'? Is there a word for that? *is stupid* I like that. That if someone proves her wrong, she doesn't mind but either accepts it or comes up with a new theory.

I also agree about the trouble storyline. I think she would handle it incredibly well. I wonder what could happen though? Which would be your dream storyline? I think what happened to Hawkes would be kinda interesting. I wonder how she would react if she was arrested. Or something like what Danny did in On The Job. She could also get involved in a shooting and do something because she has to decide quickly and maybe then makes a wrong decision. I would like to see Lindsay in such a situation. I wonder how she would deal with that. I bet it would be amazing to watch.

And yes, we got a lot of information about her already. Tiny bits, but if you make a list of them, it's a lot. We could really make a list. Like a character description or something. :lol: Okay, got a bit carried away. But I love discuss her so much.

3. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

When I said stubborn I ment like she is not a stubborn person to talk to and get along with.
    She is stubborn when it comes to her work.

I loved D/L the in the seasond season. I dont think they disliked eachother I think what it was, was more sexual tension then anything.

I think that you know the second season they liked her, but your right they did not no much about her. As the season went on they became more like a team. I just think that the team took to Lindsay well and made her feel like part of the team.

I know I hope that this season they give us somthing that has to do with just Lindsay any stroy would be nice!!!!

4. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

No, I definitely know what you mean about the "no matter what you say", although to be honest I'm not sure of the exact word for it either ;), but it's great insight! I think there might be two words: being all "my way or the highway" is bossy, and being all "I know I'm right, and nothing can convince me otherwise" is arrogance. To be fair, I can see how stubborn people would be viewed as either arrogant or bossy (or both), because it's a fine line between stubbornness and bossiness/arrogance, especially on TV. And sometimes people just sticking hard to their guns are seen as arrogant or bossy; goodness knows it's happening enough with Haylen, and has happened with Lindsay. I don't think that can be changed. But there's a lot to prove that Lindsay's not arrogant. She goes back to look over her theories and conclusions whenever someone suggests she might be wrong; if she is she accepts it, or she does something to correct the mistake. And if she isn't -- well, she never says "I told you so". It makes her beyond awesome in my eyes, especially since it's not something many of the other characters do. Whenever they're wrong, it usually just tends to get brushed under the carpet.

IMO, she's definitely bossy :lol: (like with Flack in "Dead Inside", being all "You're driving"). I think she might just be used to getting her way; maybe her brothers or her dad indulged her a lot (it happens when you're the only girl in the family). But she's not bossy in the "my way or the highway"..way :p, and in my eyes that makes the world of difference between "endearing-bossy" and "annoying-bossy". I mean really; has she ever thrown a fit whenever someone doesn't agree with one of her ideas? I think the closest she's ever come was storming out on Stella in "Open and Shut", and that's because Stella was yelling at her first.

Oh wow, tricky question :lol::p (Tricky because it's not even funny how many dream storylines I have for Lindsay -- I could fill a book :D) But with the trouble-angle, considering her backstory and/or what we've seen from her in the past, I think I would really love to see:

- a) a cross between what happened with Danny in "On the Job" and what happened with Calleigh on Miami in "Stand Your Ground" [where she got in trouble for an off-duty shooting where the perp got killed, even though said perp was trying to kill her first]. I still think Lindsay might have a slight issue with guns considering the way her friends were killed (slightly confirmed by the way she chose to tackle that girl in "Dead Reckoning", rather than shoot her). So maybe if she was in a situation where she absolutely had to shoot, and did so blindly, without following proper protocol ...oh my god, that would be the best thing ever! And then the team could figure out whether Lindsay was right to shoot when she did, whether it was murder or self-defence....

- or b) Something like with what happened to Natalia on Miami in Season 6 (where she left evidence unattended in one of the police vehicles, and Ryan used that to help the defense attorney make a case against Natalia's evidence, and she got in trouble for it). Lindsay's been neglectful with evidence before...granted, I don't know how well this storyline would work anymore, because she's been super-careful with evidence ever since Mac sort-of yelled at her in "Like Water for Murder" :lol: But it'd still be cool to see.

- or c) [favourite, favourite storyline, I must admit] Something like a three-way cross between what happened to Stella in Season 5, and Sara on Vegas (don't remember the episode name :(), and maybe even Aiden when she got fired -- although obviously, without Lindsay getting fired, at least not permanently...maybe along the lines of hiatus, like Ryan on Miami had, or temporary leave, like Stella had in "Grounds for Deception". Like where Lindsay gets too involved and obsessed with solving a case; to the point where she has to be kicked off of it, and goes to drastic lengths to solve it. With the way she got in "Stealing Home" and "Live or Let Die", and even in "Boo" a little, I think she could easily find herself wrapped in that one case that she absolutely must solve -- and that would be so amazing.

I try to keep it believable, because I think these could be excellent ways to further explore Lindsay's character. I mean, I can't see her getting into drugs or gambling, which means the things Eric and Ryan on Miami got into trouble for wouldn't quite fly with Lindsay. And while the idea of Lindsay being framed for murder is fun, I can't quite see it working twice. (I think the c) idea would work three times, though, because it's already worked twice: what happened with Stella was basically what happened with Aiden, only Stella stayed on)

But yeah, those are my dream-trouble-storylines...I've thought way too much about this :lol: but no matter what they choose to do, I just want them to run with a storyline like this for Lindsay! It's almost not fair that she hasn't gotten one (not fair for both Lindsay and the other characters who have, because why are they only getting into trouble, where Lindsay isn't?)

Heehee, I could go on discussing her forever *shifty eyes* In case anyone hasn't noticed :lol: But there's a ton to discuss. And I'm almost tempted to create a wiki on how much we know about Lindsay. I feel like I could almost chart her life, at least up until after high school...there's a bit of a blank between that period and when she started on CSI: NY.

But honestly, we know that she's close with her mom (who's a smoker who tried everything); we know for a fact she has three brothers and an uncle Freddie; we know she used to snowboard and lived on a cattle ranch, where she made lassos and horse reins (and I can't believe she'd make them without using them, so we know she used to ride horses too); we know she had at least three close friends who died in the diner, one of them named Kelly; we know she used to have a penpal, and was into fly-fishing, we know she got a buck-knife for her ninth birthday that she still uses; she was into comic books and Laughing Larry (we know she was into comic books because either Flack or Lindsay said in "Child's Play" that all of Laughing Larry's children-advertisements were in the backs of comic books -- which she wouldn't have known, if she hadn't read the comic books :lol:). We know she's a 49-ers fans and is into opera, that she's also into Whitesnake (or someone thought she was at some point in her life), and that she knows a fair deal about Speed Racer and Batman. She's also into ghost stories (why take a graveline tour if you're not at least a little bit interested?) We know she moved to the city with a dream of living in Manhattan (not Queens or Brooklyn). And off the top of my head, these are just the plain "facts" about her. Ugh, I can so go on forever with this :p

ETA:
    Yeah, we definitely agree that she's stubborn when it comes to work.

As far as with people...I'm iffy about what you mean by "stubborn to talk to". I mean, I think she can be a little pushy in an edgy way, like Danny or Stella or Flack are, or Aiden was. Like, they're all cool people, but their sarcasm and their bantery interactions with people does sometimes get on the "mean" side, and not just with suspects; and I don't think Lindsay's any different. Arguably, though, she's better with being nice to random people than they are (except Stella, who's also really nice)...she doesn't say mean things just for the sake of saying them.

I agree she'd be very easy to get along with. She's certainly very open to getting to know people and not judging them. The only exceptions I've ever seen to this were with Danny and arguably Flack when they all first met, and that one Officer Murphy in "Dancing with Fishes". And with all three of them, it was because she clearly thought they didn't like her first.

Even when debating, I've never seen someone make the argument that "Lindsay doesn't like this or that person", and I think that's why; because she's obviously very open to knowing people, even if she's not great with opening herself to them. I think that'd make her a very easy person to be friendly with.

No, I don't think D and L actually disliked each other, at least not past "City of the Dolls" (but it was kind of obvious that they weren't exactly fond of each other before then ... Zoo York, for example). Season 2 was probably the only time I really liked Danny and Lindsay's exchanges with each other.

Sorry :lol: I was referring to Flack and Lindsay when I said they didn't like each other. Although that's probably my own reading of their exchanges. I think Flack didn't exactly warm up to Lindsay when he first met her in "Cool Hunter", and Lindsay picked up on that and was all rude to him in "Stealing Home". But they seem to have resolved their differences by the time "Charge of this Post" came around. That, I thought, was a very realistic version of coworkers learning to work together.

Oh yeah, I think Lindsay fit in very well with the team, and that's part of why they all became so integrated throughout Season 2 [I mean, they had like, three "team moments" in S2, didn't they? "Fare Game"; "Heroes"; "Charge of this Post". Whereas I only remember one in S1, and that's when they were all helping Stella to find evidence against that rapist in "Creatures of the Night" -- and Flack wasn't even there! >_< ]

So yes, I do think they took to her well -- it's part of what I was saying in this post about Lindsay being easy to get along with. She may not be great at getting close to people, but she never lets on about that (the way Sara Sidle on CSI does), and that's why I think it's easier to be fond of her without really knowing her.

And maybe they all just decided that it'd be good to make Lindsay feel like part of the team right away, because that was the nice thing to do...rather than blaming her for replacing Aiden (although Danny apparently didn't get that memo :lol: ). But I just think it wasn't realistic. Especially since they were all pretty fond of Aiden, too. On CSI: Miami, it took Ryan forever to make the others see him as part of the team, after he replaced Speedle. Heck, some might argue that he still hasn't managed to do that (with Eric especially, sometimes even with Calleigh), and it's been over five years. That's why I think it came just a little too easily for Lindsay.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  5. csinynut

csinynut Hit and Run

Oh wow, tricky question :lol::p (Tricky because it's not even funny how many dream storylines I have for Lindsay -- I could fill a book :D) But with the trouble-angle, considering her backstory and/or what we've seen from her in the past, I think I would really love to see:

[/QUOTE]

Oh, me, me

I love this. I would really like to see Lindsay use her intelligence to get out of a dangerous situation. Like she goes to crime scene that is suppose to be secured, but it isnt. I know it happened in Boo with the old lady. That doesn't count because the old lady wasn't really dangerous. But if what if she got taken hostage and bound and left to fend for herself. What would Lindsay do. What if there was also a time factor involved, like a clock ticking and someone was gonna die if she couldn't free herself in time, maybe it's another member of the team. It could be Mac. Everybody that goes out in the city with Mac, it seems, is a potential target or victim. Let's face it every killer in NYC seems to have it in for Mac Taylor. I'll be back, i'm sure i'll find something else, i love this...

6. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Yes, I liked that a lot about my favourite example 'People With Money' where she was proven right and didn't go all grumpy as she realised it but instead took it pretty light. That was nice. And then there was this discussion with Stella where Lindsay actually was right, but you never got the feeling she went all 'Ha, told you so'. I found this discussion rather interesting, as I don't think she ever discussed a case in a way like that with another team member. Or am I wrong? Gah, I need to rewatch all the episodes. LOL

Oh, you mentioned it already. :lol: Yeah, that's the scene I meant.

I think I love this the most. She has never been in such a situation before. I agree that I think she doesn't like to use her gun, so if she has to shoot someone out of self-defence, I think she wouldn't only have to struggle with the consequences but also with the fact she actually shot someone. I think she such a case would be incredibly awesome and it could also show a lot of interacting with the others. I'd like to see them all working to help her and her to deal with such a situation. It would be a very intense thing and I know Anna would be amazing in such an episode. Also it would be something I think that would affect her afterwards, so this could even go for a few episodes.

Okay, yes, I love that, too. :lol: Now I have two favourites. I think it would be good because it's in character for her. I could clearly seeing her getting all obsessed because of a case and going really far to solve it. I know she would do it. The way she needs answers shows that and it would only fit to her if she got a case that couldn't be solved and she would try everything, no matter what it is. That's also something with potential for a long storyline... Okay, I think now I like this idea best as well. :lol:

Man, you're cool. This is the best list ever. Btw, let's add 'she shot boys with slingshots back in Montana'. :lol: I think this list also shows what an interesting and different character she is. It's not like she's only interested in one thing and doing nothing else. She comes from a farm, surely also liked it in the country, she loves Manhattan, etc, etc, etc. She is a person with many interests which fits to her character with so many different sides. It's possibly the reason why I love her so much. I bet if you talked to someone like her you could talk for hours because you get from one topic to the other and again a new topic. :lol: And now that we see this list, it's awesome how much we know about her already. I like that! And possibly that's the reason why we can discuss her for hours, days, weeks, months, surely even years. ;)

Oh, yummy, season 2 DL. ;) I love them, which is no secret I guess. :lol: They're showing season 2 reruns over here at the moment (together with season 5) and I so love this tension between them... Inspired me a lot. :lol: It's just so yummy. But that also belongs into another thread. :D

Oh, I like that a lot as well! Such scenes we don't get too often and I bet that'd be very interesting as well! Man, we have a lot of cool ideas here!

So, is it bad that I pre-typed this post so it won't disappear when I want to post it? :lol: It's a whole novel again. Yay for awesome discussion!!!

7. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

This is a good one, too! I'd really want to see Lindsay using her intelligence and whatever resources she had at her disposal to get out of a really tough situation, where her life was at stake...maybe the life of someone else too at the same time, because that would add an extra level of psychological issues to the case...I doubt Lindsay would deal well at having someone else's life in danger and dependent on her (especially if it's a teenage-ish girl -- she got reckless in "Not What it Looks Like" when a similar thing happened). More ideas! :hugegrin:

No, I don't remember many (or any, at least not with Lindsay) case-conversations among the CSIs where they actively disagree about what the evidence is saying, so I thought that argument was interesting too...and certainly something we need to see again. They're all pretty different people, why don't they disagree more often on interpretations of the evidence? But yeah, when Lindsay turned out to be right she was everything but "I told you so". I actually thought she felt bad on Stella's behalf, because she couldn't even meet her eyes.

Yes, it'd be perfect! And the sort of drama they're looking for, only case-related (psychological impact of the case). Which would be perfect, because CSI:NY has been heavy on the personal non-job drama when it comes to Lindsay's character, which is a little annoying since it doesn't really mesh with what I generally expect to see on crime shows. It's one reason I liked "Stealing Home" so much; made perfect sense that a case would call up personal feelings for Lindsay. Choice c) might be my favourite, but this is definitely runner-up :lol:

LOL...I cheated a little :p By using the trivia quiz on the Lindsay Fanclub page at Fanpop.com :lol: It's really amazing how much we have on her all the same, though; other things coming to mind is that we also know she recites meaningless trivia when she's nervous (interestingly enough, a trait that continues well into Season 4, which makes me think she wasn't nearly as self-possessed as she pretended to be in a lot of her scenes with the others), and that she hates trigonometry (or so she said in 3.23; although she seems good with other kinds of math, 'cause she worked out the game theory in "Time's Up"). With all this info, I have to think it'd be really easy to run with another storyline for Lindsay...hopefully soon. Like, yesterday. *whistles innocently*

I do think they were at their best in S2; I wasn't convinced they should be together, but their friendship and interactions were fun to watch.

Hahaha, it's a short-ish post! :lol: I still want to discuss, only it's way too late at night here, so...:p

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  8. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

Have I read something about Lindsay in trouble? I´m so totally for it. I so want to see that. Really. I´ve already mentally signed a non-existing online petition for it:lol:
    That would be my favourite trouble storyline for Lindsay. I especially would like to see the aftereffect of the shooting for Lindsay. I don´t know if it´s mandatory (if there´s a rule in the police department that officers who had to kill someone in the line of duty/or off-duty had to see a psychologist but I guess) or if it´s voluntary but in one of the following episodes after the shooting I´d like to see some short scenes of Lindsay seeing a psychologist.
    Perhaps she can´t handle the fact that she had to shoot someone, that she also feels ´responsible´ that a child has lost his/her father for example. She can´t stop asking herself if the shot really was the only possibility or if she could have convinced the suspect of giving up and now she feels insecure in her job and she thinks she has lost all of her judging abilities how to behave in such dangerous situations.
    Or at first she doesn´t want to talk about the whole incident with the psychologist, she pretends that she can handle it, she had to shoot to save herself, she only was seeing a psychologist to get the certificate that she was ready to do her job again, that she didn´t need to see another psychologist as she had seen too many when she was younger. That could be a connecting factor to talk about her youth and her difficult relationship with her father.
    Or perhaps she tells the psychologist that she had to think of Lucy in that dangerous moment, that she doesn´t know if she can continue putting herself in danger while having a little child.
    I guess that is too much for just some short scenes and we already see Flack dealing with the aftereffect of having shot someone but at least I can dream of it ~sigh~
    Em, many ´that´ and ´or´ in my sentences:lol:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  9. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Awesome! We should totally make a real online petition for this, actually (for Lindsay being in trouble, or being the trouble, like in choices b) and c)), you know, giving her that extra-depth to the character. I would sign! I would so sign! :lol::lol: And circulate it to other Lindsay-fans :D Don't know how effective petitions are, but it'd be so cool to be a part of that anyway.

[Actually, while we're on the subject of online fandom movements :lol:, I'm sorry if I sound completely dumb here, but what's this "Team Lindsay" thing I keep hearing about? I've been running into it ever since I joined the NY fandom and haven't really thought about it much, but now I've seen it in places I'd never expect to see any CSI:NY stuff, so I'm really curious here. I'm guessing it means Lindsay-fans of some kind, so should I start making avatars and T-shirts for myself? :p]

I'd love to see this, too; getting real follow-up on what happened to her. It's strange, we see characters on Vegas and Miami really sit down with the department shrink after they've gone through something, even if they're only there because they were forced to go. But except for that brief mention of Danny going to see the shrink in Season 1's finale, I don't remember seeing anything like that with any of the others -- even though a lot of the stuff they've gone through should've scarred them for life. And so I'd badly want to see this part of the follow-up for Lindsay if they do go with a storyline like her having to kill someone. Could anything be more perfect? I wonder how long it would take her to talk, or if they'd spend entire sessions with the therapist trying to make Lindsay talk, and Lindsay keeping it all inside like she so often does?

Yeah, this is pretty much how I'd picture things going; the stuff Lindsay would feel responsible for, and how well she'd respond to any therapy sessions.

Especially now that she has Lucy, who I think she loves a lot, but I also think she's a little scared when it comes to her -- with the [possible] exception of Danny, Lucy's pretty much the only person we've seen Lindsay have a strong, personal attachment to, and the way she's basically been Lucy's caretaker since GfD makes me think she's very much enjoying that attachment. However, since I also think a huge part of Lindsay's hesitation to get close to people stems from the way all her childhood friends were killed, she has to be terrified of that personal attachment, and what would happen if Lucy were to die. So I think she might make that connection if she were forced to kill someone (and maybe that someone was young enough to have a father/mother, in addition to possibly having a child of their own). I think that would weigh on her hard, maybe have her believing she can't do her job anymore.

And word on the therapist. I too think she'll feel like she's already been pushed to see way too many psychologists in her life (although since she certainly never dealt well with the diner incident, I wonder if her parents didn't take her to see a shrink at all, or if they did and she just clammed up in the sessions to get out of them faster). She might try the same technique this time, too -- only this time, there'd be more at stake than there was when she was a teenager.

But there are a ton of issues the psychologist would need to work on if Lindsay ever were brought in to see him/her :lol: Not just the ones caused by the shooting.

This is fun! Sorry to break off into a random moment, but I just found a new Anna Belknap pic I'd never seen before:

[​IMG]

:lol: It kind of looks like it's from the very-early MI days, only it's weird because the style and colour keep reminding me of Jorja Fox's/Sara Sidle's hair.

10. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

^^adorable picture :) she has such a cute face.

ooo Lindsay seeing a psychologist would be so interesting. i think the whole team should talk to a psychologist..... imagine what could come out of that?! the psychologist scenes on "Alias" were usually my fave scenes b/c they were revealing so i always wonder what scenes like that would be like on NY.

i can never get enough info on Lindsay or scene of her. Lindsay getting into trouble sounds like a good idea. it would bring up the idea of could she handle being an emotional wreck in the state she is in now (she's happy with Danny and her job). i can see this being really good for Anna she would probably blow a story like this outta the water.

but now i have to be a downer..... given the writers' history of not writting very well for the character more often than not would a story of Lindsay getting into trouble on the job go over well? i only worry about the afteraffect of a shooting death she caused only b/c we've seen her not be able to handle emotional problems too well.

that sounds like it would be an awesome story. and yes everyone in NYC seems to know who Mac Taylor is and wants to get back at him haha. i can see Lindsay getting herself out of a situation like that. that would be cool to see. i think i'd really like to see it for how the team reacts to her being missing, we know Danny would go batshit but what would the rest of the team be like. this story i can also see Anna blowing outta the water. why can't the writers come up with genious stuff like this? i say us fans go and storm the CSI:NY writers office and start writing the eps ourselves haha.

11. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

My favourite psychologist-scenes on crime-TV would probably be the ones in CSI Vegas toward the beginning of Season 9, with the team after Warrick's death. I haven't seen them done too often on TV; but I keep hoping that could change, especially for NY (and Lindsay), and especially if they run with more storylines like shooting ones.

On this front I agree; 'cause I saw that episode of Without A Trace she guest-starred in and I'm still in love with Paige's torment near the end of the episode, and her final decision. (And the premise of her WAT storyline, or at least the conclusion of it, was pretty similar to the one we're discussing here). It's chilling! But:

Yeah, gotta admit I definitely worry about that too :lol: They tend to go OTT more than a few times when writing for the characters. For the impact of a shooting on Lindsay's psyche, it'd be a good chance for them to really explain and highlight why she got into law enforcement after what happened in the diner (something I'm still wondering about), as well as explain the emotional problems she's going through. But the huge question is, would they pick up on that? I'm still angry that they dropped an important aspect of the dark-secret storyline when they were handling it in Season 3 (Lindsay's drive to know why Daniel Katums killed her friends, or why/how other killers choose their victims), because they actually could've highlighted and explained her drive for police-work way back then, if they'd remembered.

She so doesn't handle emotional problems well. But if the writers were to plan the storyline carefully, maybe we could finally see Lindsay work her way back from that emotional edge, through therapy, or through learning new things about herself, and that'd be amazing to watch.

Then again, they might not plan the storyline well again; and whatever emotions she has about the situation might have a three-second rebound rate, again :rolleyes: Whereby they pretty much evaporate once the killer has been convicted. Yep, I'm definitely worried. That's why I'm still hoping if they go with a storyline like that, someone with TPTB insists on the therapy sessions in following eps :lol:

This is the kind of story that would just be pure gold as far as material goes; I'm a little surprised we don't see it more often. I mean, the last time we saw anything similar (not involving Mac) was way back in "Snow Day", I think. I'm prepared to storm the writers office :p Or at least protest, because that would be fun too.

12. csinynut

csinynut Hit and Run

I have to say the greatest psychologist scene i've seen on tv dates a while. On the X-files, after Scully was attacked and taken hostage by Donnie Pfaster, the creepiest serial killer i've seen on tv. There is only one scene, it's from the second or maybe the first season, i can remember the episode. This is the first time we see the character crack under pressure and show any emotions. Gillian Anderson Is superb.

I'd like to see Lindsay having to deal with therapy sessions. Knowing how she has trouble opening up, this is could be interresting to watch. There are several ways to talk and not say anything when you're in therapy. I speak from experience. This shouldn't be a mystery has to why i identify with Lindsay's character, i will take any measure necessary not to open up. Except maybe on this board.:lol: I'd like to see Lindsay struggle with this. On one level she must understand the need to talk about traumatic after what she went thru. But on another level, she has survived this long without revealing too much. This could be an interesting situation.

13. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Yay, you guys have been active again. :D Okay, it's late again so I'll make this a bit shorter than usual. Plus I'm still on high because I got to see The Box. :lol: I'm in fluff-mood, so better hide!

I'm loving all the ideas we had. She's strong enough to handle them all and I think some of your ideas are perfect for a multiepisode storyline. Like it could affect her for a while, especially if she had to attack someone, or possibly couldn't rescue someone. It would be very interesting to see how she would deal with it. And how the others would try to support her. And if she would allow them to support her. Also now that Lindsay has the baby with Danny, things are a lot different than they were in season 3. I really wonder how she would handle such a situation, if she would change from it and how it would affect her work. I'm absolutely loving the ideas you guys brought up about her going to a psychologist. It's something I want to see for a very long time already. I really wonder how she would act. Would she actually talk to the person? Would she say nothing? Would she pretend everything is okay? Which reasons would make her go and see a psychologist? I'm sure there are a lot of things she's dealing with. I also wondered if she went to a psychologist after what happened to her friends. And if that worked at all. Or if she got to see one in season 3 as all the stuff came back up. I agree with everyone that I would love to see her talk to a psychologist, which would give us a fantastic inside into her character.

About the facts, it amazes me how much little details we know about her. Like I said, I just watched The Box and I found it very cute that she has pictures in her locker. I think they're from Montana or something. Very cute detail!

14. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

It's weird because she has lasted this long while still keeping everything bottled up...and considering she's a cop, and what happened in the diner, she probably should've cracked long ago. So it'd be extremely interesting seeing her convince herself that she could last again with this latest incident (if they go with a storyline like this), and struggle to until she finally cracks and has to go into therapy...or Mac forces her to, because you know he would :lol: That I want to see.

[Slightly OT: LOL, I just noticed now that everyone's names must've changed again now that Halloween's over :lol:]

I think (or I hope, if they do it right) we'd see a mix -- her pretending everything's okay, others on the team, or even the therapist him/herself trying to pressure her into taking a session (maybe a little like what was done during Riley's first episode on CSI). Because a lot of things about her makes me think she didn't go to a therapist after her friends died (or if she did, she refused to talk), and the only way I think she would've been able to get away with that was if she worked hard to convince every single person around her that she was perfectly fine and upbeat -- which is something she actually still does, or at least was really doing in Season 2 when she first arrived.

Good eye! :lol: I really have to go back to watch "The Box" on DVD...I've watched that episode a couple of times before, but I've never even noticed the pictures in Lindsay's locker :p

15. csinynut

csinynut Hit and Run

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009