Stargate

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Cat, Mar 30, 2005.

1. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I thought it was interesting that it seemed like Janet always had to wear her dress skirt uniform. Couldn't she have worn BDU's on base? Then again, Teryl wouldn't have been able to wear her high-heeled shoes if she was in BDUs!! And we know Teryl LOVES her high heels! But Janet looked great in her BDUs the few times she wore them.

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

OK, I'm three episodes in now and I'm still watching. I am actually interested in the characters, so I think I'll keeping at it. I guess it's just going to be one of those things where either old SG fans either like it or they don't, from the sounds of it.

3. 915

915 CSI Level One

Well I like Universe so far granted the only character I really like so far is Eli, but I'm starting to warm up to Rush and Matt (I think that's his name). So I think I'm going to try and stick with the new show.

4. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Ok..this is really... slow. 3 episodes (well 4, first was double) and so little has happened. I hope stuff starts to happen or I may get bored. I know, it's good it's different, I don't think they could have done 3rd "every time to the new planet" show.

Oh RC is a kickass, annoying but kickass. :D

5. BabaOReilly

OK, I really liked this episode- I think it's the best one so far. Yeah, I know there was very little chance that the ship was going to be destroyed, but come on... they really built up the tension really well. I know there have been some complaints about a bloated cast, etc. but I find the character development has been interesting so far... and I liked it here, subtle as it may be. Yeah, it's not the standard SG formula, but I like it. Everything they do had been less than predictable so far, from what I've seen.

6. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Last night I watched "Mr Rice's Secret", which included a couple Stargate alumni. It featured Teryl Rothery (Dr Fraiser) and Garwin Sanford (Narim - the Tollan). They were so cute as the parents of the main character and made a great couple. Teryl is so sweet.

7. Natalie

Natalie Victim

I love the original members of sg1 not such a big fan of the new members especially Mitchell he tries to be too much like jack.
    When I read sg1 fan fictions I look for the original cast stories only.
    ps.
    Looking forward to the new sg1 move witch I believe will only have the original members of sg1.

8. BabaOReilly

See, other than the sense of humour bit (which they all do, actually... or at least Jack, Mitchell and Daniel do, on SG1) I didn't find Mitchell like Jack otherwise. I found he and Sheppard had more in common, I guess. Both were shoot first, ask questions later kind of guys, real "jump in there and start 'er up!" types, where Jack (who is no wuss, don't get me wrong- Jack's THE MAN. :) ) was more likely to ask "Why are we doing this, exactly?" and then do it. :lol: He always seemed more pessimistic (and thus hilarious) in my opinion.

Also, Ben Browder is smoking hot! ;) (As is Joe Flanigan and Michael Shanks... think I have a type? Hah!)

9. 915

915 CSI Level One

Just saw the fifth episode of Universe and I was starting to get worried for a bit that the ship was going to get destroyed a long with most of my favorite characters I might add. Okay I don't know what to think of Rush I just can't tell what's going on with that character one minutes he's likeable next minute you wonder if he's doing things for his own reasons (ex. when he took his name out of the lottery) I don't know if the writers want us to like him or hate him. Wonder what the next episode is going to be about this last one didn't end with any type of cliff hanger and I don't get to watch previews so the next episode is going to be a mystery to me until I can watch it.

10. csiny_65

csiny_65 Dead on Arrival

I STILL watch the reruns of Stargate SG-1, I sort of lost interest in the final couple of seasons when Richard Dean Anderson left his full time role as Jack. I always liked him, even as MacGyver.
    In my opinion, it was never quite the same, and I could not get interested in the new folks.

I never really got into Atlantis, or the new Universe.

I guess I shall always enjoy the original.

I went back and watched the original film with Kurt Russell, I quite enjoyed that.

11. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

I finally watched SGU "Water" last night. I'm finally starting to really get into the show.

12. BabaOReilly

Yeah, I liked it too. Short of them really blowing it suddenly, I think I'm probably going to keep watching this show. So far, me likey. :)

13. 915

915 CSI Level One

Okay so the last episode was interesting with the alternate time lines/time loops thing. Revisited an old thing we all knew from SG1/Atlantis that solar flares screw up the Stargate. It was very interesting and kind of a sad episode at points to.

14. BabaOReilly

Yeah it was a pretty dark episode... and this show hadn't exactly been lighthearted so far! :lol:

I liked it a lot and I'm interested in seeing how they tie in from the ending without making it too ridiculous... or too average.

I gotta admit I was confused half the time about the bouncing around, but it was the good kind of confused. :)

15. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

If you're on youtube type in Kino episode 18 and you'll find the sort of resolution to Friday's episode.

I think we're supposed to infer from the ending that Scott (from that timeline) sent the Kino through and the crew was able to solve the illness issue and avoid the time loop problem