Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSIMiamiLover88

CSIMiamiLover88 Hit and Run

ok my fellow hiphugger fans, I had an awesome E/C dream last night, and thought that as we're all a bit down in the dumps at present I'd share it with you all....

E walks out of the elevator into the lab just as C is walking past.
    C: what are you doing here?
    E: I just wanted to come and visit my favorite girl at her work. C has massive smile on her face.
    E: Actually H called me in.
    C: a slightly dissapointed "oh"
    eric looks at her and smiles, she giggles (they're so in love)

Wolfe, Boa Vista, H and others come into the picture to say hello to their missed friend Delko. Everyone is so happy to see him.

C has that "hes my man" face going on.

E: actually while everyone is here i have something i'd like to say...
    E: Calleigh you know you mean the world to me, I couldnt imagine my life without you.
    Calleigh is still smiling, and has a tiny tear in her eye.
    C: whats wrong?

Everyone is looking at each other, excited, nervous, waiting to hear what eric has to say.

Eric gets closer to calleigh, hand digs into pocket.

E: I've been trying to find the perfect time for the last month, now all our friends are here, Calleigh will you marry me???
    Calleigh bursts into tears, everyone is smiling, clapping etc etc.
    C: yes yes!!
    BIG HUG AND LONG PASSIONATE KISS.
    H and the others all congratulates them both, before H whisks Eric off on some work thing.

Boa Vista and Wolfe congratulate a very very happy Calleigh.

AHHHHHHH DONT YOU JUST WISH SOMETHING LIKE THAT WOULD REALLY REALLY HAPPEN!!! I WISH I WISH I WISH!!!!

2. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

What a bad news again:(. And because I caught a cold I don't feel too good, so I'm doubly mad now:scream:.
    I always suspected that Adam's departure have a lot to do with cbs. It seemed a little strange to me that he wants to leave so suddenly. And he finally confirmed it. All I can say is that they are truly ungrateful and the way they forced him to leave is just mean. But what can we expect from people who have no respect for their loyal viewers who happen to be faithful fans of E/C:mad:.

I sincerely hope that sooner or later it will turn against them.

And I'm not gonna watch episodes without Eric in it. So it means only 7 more episodes this season for me. It's sad, but I really can't stand the new happy trio (Ryan, Jesse and Walter). I don't care about them, so they are not the reason for me to watch Miami. It looks as if Eric had never existed and was an important part of the team. It's definitely no longer the show I used to love.:brickwall:

And the saddest thing is that I don't think E/C will ever have a happy ending. I suppose they will just play with us through these 7 upcoming episodes just to leave us wondering if they are together or not in the end. You know in case Adam would like to recur sometimes, so they'd have a reason for him to pop up from time to time (his unresolved relationship with Calleigh). If they really do it then it'll be the final end of Miami for me.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  3. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

Honestly, this whole thing is starting to make me physically sick.

4. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I was just rewatching all the hiphugger scenes from 8.01, 8.03 & 8.05, when I realized that the only episode where present day Eric was in character was Bolt Action. What's with the writers and the lack of consistency? One moment (8.03) Eric can't get his eyes off Calleigh, defends her actions when interviewed by IA, waits for her in front of MDPD to get a chance to talk to her... and then, voila, he's acting very distant and practically avoiding her in 8.05 ... And, to top it all off, we get these "wonderful" spoilers for 8.11 :scream:! So, we have to wait 5 weeks to get what? Another E/C conflict and angst? Why can't these two just get a break already?
    Which brings me to the realization that this feels exactly like the summer hiatus. For me, the essence of CSIM -and the main reason I watch the show- is E/C. So, I made a decision to stop watching all the "hiphuggerless" episodes leading up to 8.11. I'll just read your posts to see if there is any mention of Eric or E/C in any of them.
    Just keep me "posted" guys :lol:!

5. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

OK just got the new TV Guide and under the Cheers&Jeers Section, Reader's Jeer of the Week- Jeers to the producers of CSI:Miami for not doing everything they can to keep Adam Rodriguez. As a loyal fan since season 1, I'm highly disappointed that-after waiting years for Calleigh and Delko to get together-all the fans got were a few episodes of them as a couple. What a rip-off! Shame on you for treating the fans this way! Eddie Cibrian is hot, but he's no Eric Delko (N. Carrol, Almo, KY).

AMEN AND WELL SAID!!!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  6. Speckles

Speckles Civilian

Hey guys, I noticed after reading...(well, granted, I only had time to really read a page) but I noticed that people are feeling a little dejected, feeling a little determined that Eric and Calleigh are fine! I'm sure they're fine, because what I read in the moment in 8x05 was that (and though I don't read spoilers), Calleigh knew Eric had no intention of leaving her. And if the smile on his lips when she said that, was any indication, they're going to be okay. I just thought that I might throw a little something out there to make people feel better. I posted this just the other day and was wondering what some of you lovely hiphugger fans might think of it?

* Calleigh/Eric Video - "Right in Front of You (Right in Front of Me)" by Celine Dion. I like to think of it as a bit of a metaphor for how they've finally come together.

Enjoy!

7. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Heh, I had a hiphugger dream the other night too. Eric and Calleigh were sort of broken up, and Betty from "Ugly Betty" and myself were trying to get them back together. I think we were successful, but I don't really remember any details. :p

Overall, I'm really disappointed with how this season has panned out. Both from the perspective as a fan of E/C and a fan of the show itself. The only good thing I can say is that I like what they're doing with Calleigh- she's cried in two out of the first five episodes. I like that they're showing that she's not made of steel, and that her job affects her more than she'd like us to believe.

Eric, on the other hand... Ugh. He should know by now that if something's on his mind, he should TALK TO HIS GIRLFRIEND ABOUT IT. It's clear from the way he told Alexx in 8.05 that he could return to work that this wasn't the first time he was having second thoughts about it. Why didn't he talk to her about his fears? Obviously, she figured it out on her own pretty soon, but a little heads up would've been nice. This isn't the real Eric Delko. This is a disgraceful bastardization of the character. :(

8. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

Thanks Speckles!
    The video is amazing, certainly lifted my spirits up!

9. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

And I thought your great writing was your best talent! I was so wrong! Just like your stories, your videos are great! Just keep them coming!

10. CSIMiamiLover88

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME VIDEO SPECKLES!!!! I cried! Its so depressing whats happening with them at the moment. I really hope CBS/writers/producers etc all pull their fingers out! I LOVE ERIC AND CALLEIGH!! X

11. Speckles

Speckles Civilian

Wow, thanks guys! I'm really happy that I could make you smile! That's what the who ideas of Music Videos is, afterall, right?

ec4ever - Spirit lifting is the best feeling! I'm so glad I could do that for you. Because I know that a lot of people have been feeling lately that there are too many reasons to give up on E/C. I feel that having even just one reason, even if it's so small we can barely see it now, it's worth standing by them until the very end. Because you never know.

D&Daddict - Well, firstly. Wow. I'm am always so surprised when I learn of someone new reading my stories! And then to be told that you like them, that just makes it all the better! So I thank you from the bottom of my heart and hope that I can continue to deliver! And hey, if you ever want to leave a comment there, feel free to do so! I love hearing what people think as I go along. If you don't have an account, but something in a chapter stands out to you, good or bad, PMs are always welcome too.

CSIMiamiLover88 - You know, tears was something that I never really expected from this video! BECAUSE IT'S HAPPY!! Lol. But a lot of people have been saying that they cried. Did I get my message out there a little wrong? Because it's supposed to be a happy video. Other than that, yes, it is depressing. But I'm a hopeless romantic and a habitual optimist so I have complete faith that Calleigh and Eric are going to find their ground soon enough. Right now they're just on rocky ground because everything in CSI has to be dramatic or procedural and they've never been all that fantastic at relationships (not that they're bad at them) but it's just not their thing. I think, that what they're doing, is trying to keep us on the edge of our seats. We're itching and waiting to see more because they think that if they draw this out between Eric and Calleigh, we'll watch every other episode in between for small hints. Which most of us loyalists will. BUT, they've got no intention of screwing it up so royally that it's unsalvagable. That wouldn't be right, it wouldn't be moral. But in the end, they're going to give us what we want or at the very least, a part of what we want. (I want Eric and Calleigh to either marry or have a baby, but I'll settle for them simply being togther until the very end. If that's all I get, I'll take it.) Afterall, majority of the spoilers we get are hand-fed, they're manipulated and consistantly misleading. So I don't read them and I don't want to know about them. I'll sail along in blissful ignorance because it means I can still enjoy what's coming with an open heart.

Whoa, I got carried away there...

Anyway! Thank you all!! *hugs*

12. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

Wow! Amazing Vid:thumbsup:
    It reminded me why I love EC so much.. It was such a welcome surprise after all the not so great news we've been getting. Thanks a bunch!:)

Hello my fellow Hiphuggers:hugegrin:

13. CSIMiamiLover88

Speckles, I didnt cry because it was sad, I cried because it was sooooo happy, and I'm upset we're not getting that vibe on the show at the mo. However I will try and remain optimistic for as long as possible. Love the vid, I have watched it a few times now hehe.

14. AnnaDelko

AnnaDelko Police Officer

Wow, Speckles, that video was SO AMAZING :adore:
    you did a wonderful job !!
    I really miss that older scenes between them .

15. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Alright so going back to what Speckles said. We do have to think positive. I mean really, if they had broken up there would have been a lot more sadness. I know that Calleigh is not one to show her emotions and Eric is all over the place, so if they had broken up Eric would not have smiled at Calleigh the way he did and she would not have asked him about them. They know that this is an end of an era, as someone else said. They are so used to working with each other that one of them not being there is going to take some getting used to. It is obvious that they are very much in love with each other. Its going to take a lot more for them to be apart.

Ok so I have a dream scenerio for 8.11, I will put in spoiler tags just as a precaution:

I know the case has to do with some killer who makes his victims make him breakfast before he kills them (or something to that effect) So in my scenerio it mirrors what the killer is doing by having his victim make breakfast and what Eric and Calleigh are doing in the morning before she goes to the lab (sitting down having breakfast with Eric making her breakfast in nothing but his sweat pants...hee hee)

Later during the case when he "contradicts" her he actually contradicts superhero Jesse and he gets all pissed off. When Calleigh tries to find out what happens he tells her that its her boyfriends fault that they blew the case. She gets pissed off at him and defends Eric and superhero man gets pissed and tells Calleigh that if Eric is such a damn good CSI then why isnt he working there anymore. She gives him one of her famous "if looks could kill" looks and then proceeds to tell Jesse that she does not need to explain anything to him. And then everything is good once again in hiphugger world.

Yeah its a stretch, but I would love for something like this to happen...LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.