Danny's Recovery -- Too Soon??

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 22, 2009.

?

Do you feel Danny's recovery was rushed?

1. Yes--I feel like it should have lasted longer (half a season, the whole season)

34 vote(s)
    82.9%
  2. I feel like it took the right amount of time

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. No--it took too long!

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. No opinion/I don't care

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  1. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

I couldn't agree more with you!

2. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i voted it should've lasted longer. it baffles me why they'd take something that had so much potential to be a long term angst element for the show, and wrap it up (in, imho, the ultimate disney cheese style) so damn fast. it makes no sense.

3. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

^^ That's part of my problem, too. It cheapens things when they take major stories like these and gloss over them to make it seem like 'love conquers' all. Or that with one swift kick in the ass, everything will be okay.

Mac said in Epilogue that it had been a month since the shooting.

4. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ yeah, they could've been more realistic with it, it would've made for an interesting season if it'd lasted longer. especially given the amount of hype they made about it, it seems like a bit of a waste.

yeah, it was a month, but even after that month he was in his chair and still stuck at the 10% chance thing, with no movement at all til the end of that episode, so how he's gone from that after a month to 3/a few weeks later walking around seems a tad implausible. even after the initial movement you'd expect it to take longer.

5. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Disappointment for Danny, I don’t really understand why they nailed him on a wheelchair if it is to pass in quoted by this story, a true mortar!

He walks again and it is normal while it has been about 10 months since he is in wheelchair, it is really of anything!

That amazes nobody, pleases nobody except Lindsay that he walk again, I love Lindsay but, there is another character who affect by drama, no?

I am fooled by this botching of story; I shall have really preferred that it arrives at him nothing if it is to end in that!

We weren’t saw him losing patience by trying to tame its handicap at first, the obligation to adapt itself to the work, the impact of this drama on the others characters!

I don’t understand this jump in the time and this idea to put him on a wheelchair if it is to exploit (run) any vein!

A true waste of time for me!

6. csiny_65

csiny_65 Dead on Arrival

This was rushed too fast, in my opinion, and it should have been a part of the storyline for more than a few episodes. If that was all the time they were going to invest in it, why waste time bothering?

From the beginning, when Mac states 'Danny is in that chair', I had thought that this might be a whole season event.

Then, BOOM, danny is now walking?!
    HUH?

The timeline of CSI NY world is making me go what the....?

Actually, a lot of the happenings this season are making me say that....

and I am not that 'into it' and 'looking forward to it' as much as when I watched all others on dvd.....

something, or well, a lot of things seem....'off' , for lack of a better word,to me about the show this year:
    including the timeline confusion,
    the solve the mystery/murder in which the motive is?
    not liking new girl
    only one crime per show
    not enough 'out in the field' anymore

sorry that is a lot, but those are some of the 'bones I have to pick' with tptb...

For they said Lucy is now 10 months old?
    This is like the rapid aging thing done to kids on the soaps....

I just hope that at the end of the season she is not two years old all of a sudden....

I am still waiting for this season's shows to 'grab me and hook me' like all thsoe wonderful episodes of old....

so far, it aint' happenin....

7. 915

915 CSI Level One

I think it waste of time for the writers to even have it be a storyline at all. If they were going to do it they really should have done a better job on it. It was way to fast, I would have liked it to last close to half the season, but it didn't and the time line confusion thing too. I mean yikes, okay that was my rant now I'm done.

8. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

I agree with a lot of what's been posted in here already.

"Is it too soon?" For the stakes they chose? For the time alloted and manner in which it was depicted, from cliff-hanger to physical resolution? Yes. It is.

Still, I voted "I don't care" for lack of other options, like 'Carmine Wuz Robbed' :lol: :p.

It felt like a foregone conclusion to me that Messer would be the one injured, and so the cliff-hanger wasn't even much of a cliff-hanger. And once I had him pretty much pegged, I suspected it would all be very predictably done up, complete to recovery. I was lacking faith in how it would be handled, and so for that reason actually hoped for a quick resolution rather than have it dragged out poorly. Perhaps it was inevitable that how things played out would be anti-climactic for me, but, there was also every opportunity to surprise me. They certainly haven't.

Regardless, I was still expecting that it would be written up to give Carmine more to do within it. Looks like he hasn't been stretched. I think for me that that's ultimately been the most disappointing aspect. That even if ya know what's likely to come, that how ya get there could still be a good ride. I suppose I really feel that Carmine's been shortchanged in what should have been a really substantial opportunity for him and his character, and that the storyline feels like it's received mis-focused attention, and was indeed quite predictable.

I can understand the show not wanting to have "increased focus on the characters" equate with jumping into a longer path to recovery, though it could have been interesting. Nor do I think doing so would have thwarted more casual viewers from getting the gist of things at various points. I guess for the producers, a quarter-way thru the season seemed a scary enough allotment of time.

I think the producers coulda made things far easier to swallow had they not had Danny's injury be such that it threatened permanent paralysyis, and just had it as something that incapacitated him for a time. Instead, they just had to try and up the stakes. What a disappointing, eye-rolling load of malarkey has trickled onto screens since.

I don't really care that Danny is walking with a cane already, rather I should say I'm not surprised he is. It just feels a cop out to have gone for those stakes without going a little further in-depth with his road to recovery. That's what I meant by Stakes vs. Time & Manner. For what we've gotten for it, they could have had similar struggles from a scenario that didn't require Betting Odds, a Meteorologist with a divining rod, and a Miracle Mental Chiropractic Cure from ol' Doc Hawkes. :p Had the show stepped it back even one notch, it still could have been interesting, and would have been a lot easier to take.

Flack's storyline feels far more contemplative, while Danny's feels all but superficially glossed over. It is hard to see why the show would bother.

The one who's come out roses for it is Lindsay, really, and if that was a factor in the writing of the scenario, (and it's becoming increasingly hard to think it wasn't, given what she's gotten from it versus him), then Danny's more of a prop than his cane and crutches :lol:. Jaysus freakin murphy.

It was a storyline with huge stakes that was resolved, at least on the physical side, with minimal impact on the team and in a lickedy-split manner. TPTB could produce their own quantum calculations that rationlize the timeline. Part of me doesn't care if they've meant his recovery to have taken place over six months or whatever. They chose the stakes. Then they chose how to depict it and how much time to spend. It came out about how I thought they'd manage it.

Maybe there will be an emotional component for Danny that will drag out or recur somehow. But I hold out little hope for that. Stella seems untroubled by shooting Frankie nor by Prof. P's death in her arms, Flack seems untroubled by being ripped apart by a bomb. Why should things be any different for Danny, when the show seems very keen to put the whole matter behind it.

9. nydmjj2000

nydmjj2000 Victim

I want to see Danny Messer back in action. I'm glad he is not in that wheelchair anymore. You know what Id like to see is The Tanglewood Boys back and I would like to see Danny more envolved with them. Afterall they do have history together. I think Danny needs to enteract with them more. I feel we see less of Danny if he is in that wheelchair.

10. nydmjj2000

nydmjj2000 Victim

Perhaps it was too soon, but im kinda glad Danny is out of it. I want to see him back in action I felt I saw less of him when he was in that chair. I would like to see more of The Tanglwood Boys and Danny Messer. They have history together. I think they should enteract. The first and second seasons were great but Danny should have done more with them instead of Mac. I would like to see Danny come face to face with Sonny.