The X-Factor 2009 : Who's it gonna be?

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by egeria, Sep 5, 2009.

1. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

I searched for a thread for this but didn't find one, but mods feel free to move this if I've posted it wrong!!

So X-Factor is on again tomorrow night and I have to say the talent already discovered has blown me away!

Danyl Johnson...YOWZA!!

And Jaime the guy with the afro...man he's good!

So tomorrow night, I'm gonna have the popcorn ready, a glass of wine to hand and settle in to watch :D Who's with me?

2. Della

Della Police Officer

*sticks up hand* *Readies a bowl of popcorn*

My faves at the moment are Danyl, Stacey and Misfitz (Though I wish Gemma from that group had had the guts to go solo again, cos I thought she had a wonderful voice)

:)

3. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

Well, from the show tonight there was no one who stunned me. Lucie was good, but I don't think she'll win.

I'm looking forward to next week!

4. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i would just like to ask how Stacey and if he's still there Daniel Pearce how they're doing. i live in the States so i don't get to see it.

i am so happy to see both of them in the competition, i was a fan of S Club 8 and One True Voice i loved Daniel he was my fave.......

now i must go blush in embarassment lol.

5. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

So, what does everyone think so far? I usually manage to avoid x factor, but ive been sucked in by it.
    I have to admit that I like the twins. I know there singing isn't great, but they do such fun routines. And none of the others really stand out yet.

6. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

Hpmf. No offence, but I can't stand the twins :p

I thought it was so unfair that Danyl Johnson and Miss Frank were the bottom two! Those were the two best performances of the whole show. How did people not vote for them?

7. chazzawazza

chazzawazza Witness

Haha same, I avoided it up until the live shows then I thought oh i'll just watch once to see what sort of people are on this year. It doesn't help that one of my mates talks about nothing else, which sparked my curiosity. Now i'm officially "sucked in".
    And ditto on the twins! I hate how seriously everyone takes these competitions, like whoever is voted off is taken away to be executed (wish they'd add that rule onto Big Brother :rolleyes:). I think the twins are a breath of fresh air and I think the sign of a good performance is how well people remember it, say the next day. I only ever really remember theirs so I guess they're my faves. Don't care much for the rest of them.

8. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ There is obviously quite afew people out there who do like the twins, for them still to be in. Chazza - you are right, they make such a big deal about the public keeping the wrong people in, but it should all be for fun. I know it is a shame for those who get voted off, but they are going to go anyway at some point.
    There is certainly alot of talk about the twins, which cant be bad for the show. Although I did read today that the producers are having 'crisis talks' after Danyl was in the bottom 2, ...............

(Hush- no offence taken! Everyone is different. And I agree that Danyl didnt deserve to be in the bottom 2, although I wasnt impressed with Miss Frank))

9. chazzawazza

chazzawazza Witness

Crisis talks? That's ridiculous. I thought the whole idea is it's all down to the publics opinion, hence the voting. If they don't like someone, they don't like someone. From what i've seen from Cowells comments and such, it's like he's setting the whole thing up for Danyl to win, so why bother with the show? Seems Simon will give him a record deal anyway.

And I have to say, though I understand a lot of people don't like the twins and the fact they're staying in above "proper singers" I think it's awful the way people are booing them every week and starting up these hate campaigns. They're what 17/18 year old boys so to treat them like that is awful, it's not their fault they're there-people are voting for them.

10. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i rarely bother to watch it after the audition stages, once they're actually quite good i get a bit bored by them. i only really like watching the fuck ups! however, i do have favourites this year: stacey and lucy. lucy is so sweet and her voice is amazing, and i love how stacey has a proper essex accent and is really really dagenham, but then starts singing with this incredible voice.

i generally dislike the boys on these shows, and true to form it's another group of generic top-man dressed cutesy power ballad singing pap. however i *do* like jamie, i like that he's a bit different and his hair is really cool :D

oh and i quite like miss frank - i think they work quite well together and are quite sugababes-ish.

i looooathe the evil demon twins from hell, god knows what louis was thinking (well, he was clearly not thinking with anything above his belt was he?) but... they are by far the most entertaining thing that's ever been on that show, ever. they are absolutely hilarious. their "oops..." was a work of utter genius, in that it was unintentionally one of the best pieces of comedy i've seen all year!

11. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I agree completely. They want the public to vote, and get lots of money out of us in the process, and then complain when someone goes out who they think should still be in. Its like the whole John Sargeant affair on Strictly, which was completely blown out of proportion.
    And the booing of the twins is totally uncalled for. They are coping really well with it all, I think.

I dont usually watch X-Factor. I stopped watching after Pop Idol actually. I am a Strictly girl. But my flatmate has watched the last few epis of X factor, and I have to admit I have really enjoyed them. But 4 hours of reality tv in a row is not good :rolleyes: So hopefully, I can get unhooked.......

12. lal

lal Pathologist

Hi
    i would like to see either Jamie , Olly , or Danyl in the Final :)

13. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i think the final should be jamie, lucy and stacey.

14. chazzawazza

chazzawazza Witness

Even though I adore the twins and would love to see them in the final (most of the reason being to annoy the people who take this way too seriously), it aint gonna happen. Not many others have stood out for me really, the under 25 boys and girls just come across as the usual pretty, decent singers of which we have a ton in the charts.

So on that basis I would like one of the over 25s to win, it would be better IMO aswell as this is probably the last chance for them given the small amount of older singers that get signed up these days. I'm terrible with names but the dude with the afro is pretty good so I guess i'll say him to win.

15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ i agree about the twins. i think they're horrific but the way the entire set up of the x factor is that it is to be taken monumentally seriously by decree of the overlord cowell really pisses me off (especially because the whole set up of shows like that really doesn't take music seriously at all - if it did it wouldn't be taking people with genuine talent and making them produce executive-cashcow middle of the road boredom, it would be innovating and original and different) - so yes, the twins winning would not just upset the apple cart but kill it altogether and for that i would be eternally indebted to them!!

but it won't happen :(