Time Change This Weekend for North America

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Dynamo1, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Re: Time Change This Weekend

A reminder to all living in Europe that you change your clocks this Saturday night/Sunday morning. You gain that hour you lost in the spring :)

2. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

Re: Time Change This Weekend for Europe

i like this, i like the shorter days and longer nights, darkness and cold weather are good things (although it's less great when the inside of my house is colder than the outside due to the boiler being kaput, but that will be fixed tomorrow :D )

3. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Ah, good reminder! I had forgotten it was this weekend. I love gaining an hour. :D

4. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

Ha thank you for the reminder :). That's an extra hour in bed for me! :D

5. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Gaining the hour is the only good thing about it. I hate coming out of work when its dark.

6. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I so failed :lol: I had to be at one place around 10am, I was really tired night before so I just set the alarm at 8:30 and of course phone didn't change time on its own and I got up and sat in front of comp and saw 7:54 :lol: :lol: I said a certain 4-letter word :lol:

My friend called at 8 and ask what time it really is (erm...she was rather drunk and she suppose to be at the same place than me at the same time :lol: )

7. Jacquie

Yes people it's that time of year, again, for those of us living in North America. This Saturday night or Sunday morning you need to set your clocks back one hour. We get that hours sleep back we lost in the spring. Now if someone could let our cats know this then life would be perfect on Sunday :lol:

8. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I've never changed my clocks for DST. I'm in one of those areas that doesn't "do" that whole thing. So... no hassle for me! Woo hoo!

9. .speed.delko.

.speed.delko. Rookie

This Sunday?! Aw, no, I thought we had another two weeks! :( No, no, no! :(

10. luf100

luf100 Coroner

So, do we get an exra hour or sleep, or lose it? Cuz really that's all I care about. :lol:

11. Jacquie

remember the saying 'Spring Forward, Fall Back' :)

12. .speed.delko.

.speed.delko. Rookie

Fall back :p

Whoever came up with that is a genius! :D :lol: I love this time of the year, now that we get two weeks instead of two hours more with our European friends as they're an hour closer to us!:D

13. 915

915 CSI Level One

Good thing I saw this I completly forgot about the time change, I would have gotten up on Monday an hour early for Chem I would have been ticked. Nobody around to remind me so I will just do it on Saturday otherwise I will be completly screwed up time wise. I always feel off this time of the year anyway already though even before the time change :p

14. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Why do you wait a whole week to change the time on your clocks?

On sunday morning (for a couple days ago..), I totally forgot to change it. Even forgot which day it was, as I was shocked when I saw the time when I used the computer as it showed another time than my cell phone (which I use as alarm clock, so I can get up in the mornings).

15. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

My one computer is so old that it's on European time! It changed last weekend. :lol: At least that's one less thing to check this sunday Morning.

Here in lies the big problem. Cats always tell time by their stomachs. Thomas will sit in the living room and cry until someone fixes his food. :lol:

Susan