CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Bright Lights, Big City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

We were joking.

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

:lol: Well, we know in 609 Flack is recovered enough to be worrying over Danny. :lol:

I do think it's kind of a bummer we're not seeing someone other than Mac be there for Flack. I'd like it to be Danny--because Flack has done so much for Danny--but Stella is the other person Flack is really close to on the team, so it would be nice to see her reaching out, too. It could be Hawkes, but how many ass-kickings can one man be expected to give in a season? :lol: :p

I don't want to see all traces of Flack's grief disappear, but unless they're going to take him to a really dark place, the downward spiral has to stop at some point and he's got to climb back up. Don't get me wrong--I'd love to see Flack go to a dark place--go really, really far and do something that makes him wake the hell up in a big time. I don't know if this show would do that, though.

3. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

it's sad that danny's not there for flack at the moment but i guess he has his own troubles. i don't think i'd want to see too many ass-kickings from hawkes, there'd be a danger he'd take mac's place as sanctimony-superman!:lol:

i would love to see that too but i think it's unlikely, after all these shows have to remain relatively upbeat i guess.

4. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

Sarcasm is hard to read. Chill.

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

That's why I said, "we were joking."

That implies I meant something other than "we were joking." I didn't.

6. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

CSI: Fanatic introduced the idea that the "unlikely ally" might be Haylen, in their coverage of the spoiler. So any guess is fair to make. My money's still on Terrence, but they have to work on making their spoilers a little less misleading. Terrence came to Flack's aid once already after his contract was terminated (for this exact same reason, in fact). How unlikely can it really be that he'd do it again?

I don't know, Vegas has gone to some dark places with Brass and Sara, and as far as grief driving someone to very grey areas (I think), Horatio on Miami pretty much takes the cake. I don't need to see Flack completely self-destruct or kill someone else, but it'd be nice to see them spend a bit more time on the dark place he already hit in "Pay Up". If they mentioned or hinted at it in "Battle Scars" that's good, but if he'll already be climbing upward after "Cuckoo's Nest", then they're going to have to spend a lot of time on it in that episode; or that part of Flack's storyline is just going to feel very...wrong.

7. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

As is mine!:thumbsup:

I have a question and forgive me Top if this is not the proper place to ask I'm not sure where I would direct it but... Has anyone else noticed that the background noises they insert have been a little to loud in the season episodes? Last night when they were in the hotel a few floors up and hopefully pretty sound proof halls.. I heard a cop siren that seemed abit loud, and the people voices they insert in the lab were kind of excessive? ...Or am I assuming things:)

8. Top41

Yeah, I guess I just wonder how far he'd take it. Would he come to work drunk? Get into a car as the driver drunk with someone he cares about, like Danny, in the passenger seat? Would he get into a fight? Would he get violent? I guess those are the lengths I don't see them going to, though I'm wondering about the circumstances in 608 under which he gets beaten up. Bar fight? Does he owe someone money? Pick a fight with a thug?

That's probably something that can be asked in the episode grading thread, or a separate thread, as it pertains to episodes that have already aired as opposed to future episodes.

9. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I liked it in Vegas when Sara was caught driving drunk, because it subtly highlighted her issues -- and I'm really interested in seeing what could bring Flack to physical violence even now (I can't remember him ever starting a fight; he's usually the one trying to pull the others back from fighting). So if they do that well, then I won't complain. But to be honest, that's not really what I need to see either. I'm more hoping they'll paint it in a way that shows he's fully expecting to get into trouble for his actions, and maybe wants to.

I don't know how well I'm explaining myself, but this franchise has a tendency to send the message that it's okay for the main-character-cops to break the law, or take it into their own hands, when the perp is an Especially Bad Guy. And it's a hard enough message to swallow when it comes to characters like Eric or Horatio, who in all fairness were a little renegade even before they started grieving. But TPTB have always portrayed Flack as a very by-the-book officer who's basically driven by integrity. So if what he did in "Pay Up" gets passed over in the same way, I won't be happy. I wasn't expecting Flack to get in trouble with the department directly for shooting that guy, but I did think it'd make him question his loyalty to the job or his ability to do it a bit more.

10. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Thanks!:thumbsup:

11. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

12. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

OMG!! I can't wait! : D

13. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

This is probably a really big DUH question, but what episode will air next week??? What number episode??

Thanks!!!!

14. Top41

606 airs next week--it's the one with a Hawkes-centric storyline. The week after that is the 3 CSI crossover event, and the two weeks after that are the Compass Killer eps.

15. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Okay, I can't even explain why, but everything about that promo made me really want to watch this entire crossover :lol: We may not get to see much of the other non-Mac/Stella characters (although seeing Ryan in that promo gives me hope), but it does look really good...I think between Mac and Stella, Calleigh, and even Langston they could easily pull it off. Although I wonder why they didn't show Catherine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.