Locker Room #18: Danny/Carmine: Welcome to the Insane Asylum!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I did like the communication between Danny and Lindsay in this one and even was able to somewhat excuse the lack of communication regarding his diagnosis. (I think the writers were stupid for doing that because in almost every instance I think the spouse is going to be present when there is a diagnosis given; but at least it didn't reflect badly on the characters the way Carmine and Anna played it.)

I think the reason I'm hated the end of the episode - well hated is a strong word, disliked - is because I have a physical disability. I know it's TV Land and they don't want him to be in the chair forever, but if that's the case why not give him a 60% chance of walking. Then I'd buy the quick recovery. With only a 10% chance it's just all too neat and tidy and unrealistic to have him recover so quickly. Plus I think it all kind of reeks of "movie of the week" or "After school special" territory and possibly of not really wanting a disabled character on the show, which surprises the hell out of me considering they had Dr. Giles in S1. I guess a big part of me wishes they'd have the balls to deal with a story of someone becoming disabled long term.

2. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

^^^That makes sense to me, they could have indeed gone with the 60%. But like Cyn said, it's TV land, so I think maybe they did it to increase the effect of what Lindsay told Danny? I have no idea. But I agree, 60% chances would have been more realistic in this scene. I wonder how long he'll stay in the wheelchair.

I forgot in which episode this will happen- also in 604 like the action scene Lindsay gets? But there will be the scene at the physical therapist's, where Danny wants to stop it and Hawkes talks to him. This will be another intense scene I think and I'm curious to see how that'll turn out.

3. Cyn-B-Demented

Cyn-B-Demented Police Officer

;) I also said that moving his toes doesn't immediately means he will be moving his legs in a snap of a finger. Maybe all he will be able to move for most of the season are his toes and that will get him mucho frustrated because no progress are being made. That being said I think they made it just to increase what Lindsay told Danny. Have a cute ending and all. But I too don't think 10% is enough for any recovery. Better than none but still not that high. It will be interesting to see what kind of problems he'll have with his legs after he recovers. Surely he won't be all that swell... or realistically, he shouldn't! Maybe some limping? He might need a cane?

4. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

^^^I agree with you, Cyn, I'm really curious how his healing process will look like. Like how will he recover, how fast, and will he have some problems still? This will be interesting to watch and I can't wait to see it. I like this storyline a lot.

5. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I hope Danny recovers soon. I was wondering how the're going to deal with his recovery?

Carmine is playing his character very well and so believeable. Well done.:thumbsup:

6. louise_dk

louise_dk Dead on Arrival

7. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Thanksssssssssssss

A love this photos!

8. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

9. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Thanks Poppet!

10. tinieyhasbi

tinieyhasbi Dead on Arrival

Thank you for the pic..they look cute together..Settle down carmine!!:)

11. Cyn-B-Demented

Cyn-B-Demented Police Officer

Indeed, very cute! I keep thinking they're back together lol it would make their love story so Hollywoodesque : "after ten years, they finally realize they are meant to be" kind of fairy tale lol *sighs*

12. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Found bye Ash on facebook of AJ[​IMG]

13. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

14. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

^^^ that pic makes me love Carmine even more. he just keeps getting hotter and hotter every time i see a pic of him.

i do not endorse smoking but to me Carmine's hottest pics are the ones where's he's got a ciggarette.

15. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I love the old man hat. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.