Calleigh & Ryan #8 - Give Me A Chance.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by karu_mila, Jan 1, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Jan 4, 2009.
  1. Give Me a Chance

55.6%
  2. The Diamond Bond

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 'Cause He Knows Her Guilty Pleasure

11.1%
  4. Big Day Coming Up?

22.2%
  5. I Know What You Wanted

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Apologizing With Flowers? Calleigh Approves.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The Ship of Diamond Bonds and Flowers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Don't Believe Everything You Hear

22.2%
  9. Don't Mess With the Stare

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. A Perfect Match

22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

Am I going to be the first one to have to say it? Will the mods chastise me? Well won't know until I say it: Delko is gone. Some sites speculate a break-up. (I didn't even know he and Calleigh were dating! :eek:) Does anyone else think this might be good in terms of more scenes between our favorite pair? I sure do. :)

I won't say that Ryan and Calleigh will totally hook up because even I have to be realistic but I'm hoping that any distance or chill between them (which I think has been decreasing rapidly this season) will be gone and they share some fun scenes. Pair up Natalia with the new hottie Jesse and let Cal and Ryan work on their friendship.

BTW: Whose that new guy, the large lab tech, whose been hanging around Ryan in the recent episodes? Has he always been in the show or was it just recently that he's helping the CSIs? Either way, I don't like him. He's obnoxious. I hope his behavior does't rub off on Ryan. Like he needs more of a reason to turn Calleigh off. :rolleyes:

2. slower

slower Lab Technician

Calleigh and Eric hookup last season. It was a big deal for a lot of HippHugger fans, who had been pushing for this for I don't know how
    long. :rolleyes:

I don't try and speculate which way the writers are going to go with Calleigh and Ryan this season, but I am hoping they can get back to at least some of their flirty banter. :)

As for the new guy, his name is Walter a transfer from the night shift. He is supposed to be a recurring cast member, but has been in every episode since 8.03 (I beleive).

Just try and keep the dream alive, who knows it could still happen. :)

3. togo2hot

togo2hot Prime Suspect

yeah...i do hope but if they bring back the scences from season 3 n 4..i am happy...btw i have a twitter:https://twitter.com/CaRWash_Fan to tweet mainly about CaRWash so if you guys want to tweet about our fav pair...add me there..thanks...

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  4. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Hestia- I agree that with Eric gone, whether E/C is over or not (and im not sure what the situation is there) it should, hopefully mean that our pair get more scenes. I know that nothing will happen between Cal and Ryan, and I dont really want it to. Well, not yet anyway! But hopefully the writers use this as an opportunity to give C and R some cute scenes.
    I dont think TPTB will put Cal with Jesse, not after all they invested in E/C but I am worried that Jesse will become closer to Cal than Ryan. In that epi the other week they had Jesse trying to cheer Calleigh up, while Eric was facing IAB. He seemed to be taking over Ryan's role there. Didn't like that one bit!

5. slower

slower Lab Technician

I'm afraid that the writers are going to put super - Jessie in that role, and once again dump on poor Ryan. When are they going to give him a break and I don't just mean the three amigos.

You know if this starts happening I am of a mind to stop watching Miami.

I am already displeased with the amount of time they are spending on this character at the expense of my fav Ryan. And if they do this it is going to put the last nail in that coffin. :(

The writers are just plain blind to the amount of chemistry that is between Ryan and Calleigh. Season after season total ignorance. They need a swift kick in the pants.

6. slower

slower Lab Technician

Sorry, just feeling a little bitter last night when I posted. I am still hoping for the cute scenes between our favorite pair. :)

Maybe they are trying the friend thing with Jessie. Maybe more for her and Ryan. I can only dream. :lol: I do know a lot of fans don't want a romance, but for me there is just too much chemistry to be ignored.

Sorry, I guess I'm a romantic at heart. :lol:

7. togo2hot

togo2hot Prime Suspect

i actually want to get something up but having troble with phtobucket...check back here later n post it,ok? thanks...

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  8. .speed.delko.

.speed.delko. Rookie

I want to see your work togo2hot! :D

I don't like Ryan/Calliegh in the romantic sense one bit, I think it's almost borderline incest. But if Calliegh were to hook up with anyone who wasn't Eric, I want it to be Ryan. Not Jesse (especially not Jesse, ew.), the AV guy or the new kid from night shift. Ryan and only Ryan.

They've known each other for so long, it seems they can read each other inside out plus they seem to have that comfort zone. Sure it's along a grey line that seperates "yes" and "no" when it comes to C/R romantically, but hey, that can be broken because there's no actual blood relation between the two. I'd give an example, but I'd be sort of going off topic and I'd like to stay on topic! :p

9. slower

slower Lab Technician

Incest really? ew................, I do agree that she should not be with Jesse (spelt it right this time) :lol:, send him Natalia's way, she needs some more screentime and some lovin.

I know she initially had taken Ryan under her wing, he was so young at the time. Even though they had chemistry from the start, I think it would have been a little weird. But not anymore, he is all grown up. Even though the writers are trying to emphasis that young thing again (STOP IT!!).

On my wish list, is to re-establish their strong freindship and flirty banter, and then maybe explore the posibility of something more. :)

10. .speed.delko.

.speed.delko. Rookie

Yeah. I know, harsh! Please don't hurt me! :lol: There are some relationships that gets too familial and crosses the line from where it's ok for them to date to where it wouldn't really be ok. Ryan/Calleigh is one of them.

I do like the early days of their relationship and I like the relationship they have. Even if not romantically, I think they're great together. I absolutely love seeing familial chemistry and I don't get that from any of the CSI series really (except Greg/Sara on CSI but Sara's gone :( ) and Ryan/Calleigh gives me the fix of it! :D :adore: And I don't think they're faking the familial chemistry. One day, if Ryan and Calleigh ever get together (what a great day that will be for this thread) I will profusely apologize even though I was super nice! :D But Delko and Speedle will have to be dead for real. I know Speedle's long gone, but I don't think he really is dead :p

Ryan should be close to 30, if he isn't already! What are they doing to him?! Seriously, cut it out!

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I hate to sound harsh .speed.delko. This is not a debate thread,check out the rules.If you don't like or don't see a certain ship,go to the dislike,debate portion of the shipper board.You don't go to the particular shipper thread and voice your dislike or disagreement,no matter the reason. Check with a moderator,they will tell you the same. This relationship is no more incestous than any other ship.

12. slower

slower Lab Technician

Once again another episode gone and no scenes between our favorite couple. :(

Does anyone know if that is going to change, maybe in an upcoming epi. (that I'm not aware of)?

Well there is a lot of season left. Heres' hoping.

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

The Crossover behind the scenes video did show them together,but Jesse is there too.
    There seems to be more interaction between different characters this season,so there is a chance for Ryan to work with Calleigh as well unless TPTB have something different in mind.

14. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

It was disappointing that they had no scenes together last episode, but we have a few more to go yet, so fingers crossed. I think my problem is that I was spoilt- I first started watching Miami in s4, when they were paired together all the time. So for me it was wierd when they were split up more and more.
    Greatfan- I agree, they do seem to be trying to mix up the character interaction, and as long as this whole Cal and Jesse together in most scenes isnt setting a pattern we should be ok.

15. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

*wanders in nursing her jaw* Having your wisdom teeth taken out is enough to put a girl out of commission... I've missed you guys!

I hope that there's at least something... and about the Cal and Jesse thing, I doubt that TPTB are going to push those two together so soon after Eric's departure. Though I'm still complaining about the lack of CaRWash interaction... even if it isn't romance, I still want to see friendship scene since those two are practically best friends.

Five years isn't that big of a difference and Ryan's definitely grown and matured since he first joined... though I have to admit, I did love seeing him in the sweater vest again. I really don't think age is that big of an issue... it's just that TPTB aren't giving them any screen time together so it makes it look like there's an issue.