"Bloodsport" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Air Date: Thursday, October 29, 2009
    Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#1005) "Bloodsport"

THE CSI TEAM INVESTIGATES THE MURDER OF A POPULAR COLLEGE FOOTBALL COACH WHOSE DEATH MAY BE LINKED TO AN EARLIER UNSOLVED CRIME.- An entire college football team comes under investigation when their beloved coach is found murdered in his home. - After a beloved college football coach is found dead and his house drenched and spattered with his blood, the CSI team hunts for the killer who didn't find coach Jimmy lovable at all.

SERIES REGULARS:
    Dr. Raymond Langston.... Laurence Fishburne
    Catherine Willows... Marg Helgenberger
    Nick Stokes... George Eads
    Captain Jim Brass... Paul Guilfoyle
    Greg Sanders... Eric Szmanda
    Dr. Robbins... Robert David Hall
    David Phillips... David Berman
    Hodges... Wallace Langham
    Wendy Simms... Liz Vassey

RECURRING CAST:
    Sara Sidle... Jorja Fox
    Mandy Webster... Sheeri Rappaport

GUEST CAST:
    Buddy Arnold... John Carroll Lynch
    Calvin Crook... Josh Henderson
    Coach Jimmy Miller... Christopher Rich
    Julian Bristol... Mike Erwin
    Margaret Finn... Palmer Davis

WRITTEN BY: Allen MacDonald
    DIRECTED BY: Jeffrey Hunt

THANKS TO: The Futon Critic, & Talk.csi Members.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Mandy's back. :)

Looks like a good episode. :)

3. sara25

sara25 Hit and Run

Promo for 10x05.

LINK

4. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

There's a character on the cast list named Margaret Finn. Wasn't the racist cop in the last ep named Finn? Could be a coincidence. Just a curiosity I had.

Edit: Just googled the actress and saw she's that recurring attorney who shows up every now and again.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  5. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

MANDY!!! And Margaret Finn (the attorney) was excellent. I'm glad to see both of these guys again :D

6. GregNickRyanFan

I don't remember the Margaret Finn character. What eps was she in?

7. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

She's that cranky defense attorney who is always going up against the CSIs in interrogations. Her first appearance was in "Boom" from S1 and she's shown up at least once per season, though she's been away for awhile. Her last appearance (according to imdb) was in "Burn Out". You'll know her when you see her.

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Palmer Davis, who plays Margaret Finn, was last season in the season 7 episode "Burn Out." She was one of two lawyers (the other being Terry Bozeman who played Brad Lewis) , who, during the early seasons would reappear often and represent the 'bad guys'. Her first episode was "Boom," and other memorable episodes she was in are "You've Got Male," "Invisible Evidence," "Mea Culpa" and "Werewolves." Here is a photo of her from "To Halve and to Hold."

9. GregNickRyanFan

Thanks, guys. Thanks for posting the photo, Shane. I still don't remember her though. :lol:

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I remember her thank's Shane, she always defends the loser bad guys, and tries to make deals for them. Good to see she's back, interesting character~

11. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

here is a another promo

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

THANK'S sharp looks exciting~

13. 915

915 CSI Level One

Okay I liked the episode, the beginning freaked me out with the guy walking around and bleeding to death at the same time. I had mix of thinking WTH :wtf: and eww all at the same time :shifty: I was really hoping that the two cases weren't going to tie together, but at least the same person didn't commit both crimes even if they ended up being connected in the end.

I loved that Greg and Sara were working a case together again, I've always loved those two working together :thumbsup: It didn't seem like Ray overload and we got to see more of Catherine in this episode :) Both plus points of the episode, loved it the little bit when Ray said he needed volunteers and Hodges didn't want to volunteer put had to end up helping anyway. :lol:

14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Alrighty then, that had to be the bloodiest, grossest, weirdest opening in CSI history. :wtf::wtf: But totally cool. :lol:

Doc ruining another breakfast for Nick. :guffaw:

I liked the episode and I was sure that 'Pal' was the one who did it, so nice twist.

No Ray overload, but what a shock :eek: he solved the cases. :rolleyes: I mean, seriously, does Catherine, Nick, Sara, and Greg NOT have the ability to solve cases anymore? It is really getting annoying.

Brass, you really gotta love him. :lol:

15. 915

915 CSI Level One

I do wonder how many breakfasts that Doc Robbins has ruined for Nick over the years. :guffaw:

Yeah I thought 'Pal' did it too so nice little twist, and I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought the opening was weird and I was just creeped and really glad I ate an hour previous to watching it. :shifty:

Yes Ray solving the case again. :rolleyes: Please have somebody else solve the case please! I'm begging the writers to stop with Ray being the smartest CSI and also the only CSI that can solve a case too! :scream: