CBS Chronicles Langston's Journey

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Oct 22, 2009.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

CBS.com has posted a video collection featuring Dr Ray Langston’s journey from college professor to CSI. Laurence Fishburne’s character first appeared on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation during the season nine episode “19 Down”, which re-airs tonight at 9:00pm ET/PT on CBS.

More...

2. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

19 down, one to go, the grave shift were good
    but in my opinion those are not ray's introduction episodes, there grissom's departure trilogy episodes-i know he wasnt in the grave shift but it was the aftermath of him leaving and it still felt like he was there, and yes ray came into the spotlight at the time and he wasnt half bad then
    but now i honestly dont care about langston...when will you the tptb get the message-dont like him at all and he'll be the death of csi at this rate
    and i seriously doubt the 3 way crossover will make anyone fall head over heals in love with ray, i'll probably dislike him even more after the crossover

Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  3. symbeline

symbeline Witness

Just what we need, more Ray Langston. We get it, it's fricking Laurence Fishburne. Can we please move on?

He's not the only famous actor in the franchise. If TPTB didn't insist in shoving him down our throats, he could be likeable, but things like this don't help at all.

4. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

yeah, TPTB are trying too hard to make him likeable.

Langston came into CSI when he was green. the audience knew everything about forensics already, and Ray didn't know how to fingerprint. in a span of a few episodes he became a know-it-all lead character who is smarter than all the other CSI's and consequently the audience as well. and that is irritating.

Grissom was there from the beginning when no one knew anything about the possibilities of science in crime solving and he was introduced to us as an expert, not only a forensic investigator but also a forensic entomologist. he was the one who taught the CSI's and the audience. you could agrue he was one of the reasons the show became so successful. and i feel like CSI is still hanging on there despite of Ray.

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

GOOD:bolian: I think he's marvelous and a great addition to the show. I've become so fond of him and not attracted to him, but he's such a positive force, charming and soft spoken and calm, a great attribute for the CSI's~ and the whole team really likes him, that's apparent. Everyone I speak with [I'm in sales] adores him and raves about him:thumbsup: I've never heard any derogatory remarks about his performance except on here:confused:TPTB choose him for a reason, because he's a fantastic actor. He's doing a fabulous job, and I can't wait to see the crossover 3/way episodes with the 3 leading men on those other CSI's:thumbsup:

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

When I saw the commercial last night for the three-way crossover, I thought it was kind of sad. It made such a big deal about the "blockbuster" event and ended with a composite of Horatio, Mac, and...Ray. :wtf:

It just didn't look right to me...like he's the face of CSI LV. I think it would have been great if they had moved Marg into the lead role of the show, not only because it would be cool to have a female lead a CSI show, but because she's as recognizable and as synonymous with the show as Petersen was.

Ah well. :( They're going to do what they're going to do. But I don't have to like it.

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

^I'll go one step further, Smokey, I won't watch it.

8. byline

byline CSI Level One

Well . . . hubby and I both like him. Different strokes, and all. *shrug*

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I like him, I just don't like him hogging the show.

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I like him too, although I LOVED him when he was still a rookie in "The Grave Shift". But I realize they couldn't pay a movie star to follow the others around like a newbie for very long. Pity, because it made him, and the show, very interesting to me...seeing everything through new eyes.

I just think Marg/Catherine earned a top spot after all these years. No reason she couldn't be the lead on this show now...in my opinion.

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I agree with everything you said, Smokey.

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

CSI has changed and is not the way it used to be, that's just fine with me, it's new and fresh. But, I saw a lengthly version of the crossover, and the whole teams are featured. In the Miami one I saw everybody, as in the NY one the same, and when they all return to Vegas, it also showed our peeps, all of them. So that's awesome. It won't just be the 3 main guys:bolian:Really looking forward to this one or I guess 3~

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  13. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i think i'll pass up on the episode cuz i really cannot stand Miami. having Horatio and Ray together is gonna be a bit of a nightmare. i'd love it if there was a one hour NY/LV crossover with Petersen in it. knowing he and Gary Sinise are friends would bring that LV/WAT feel to it that i liked (since WP was also friends with Anthony.)

but what i think is that TPTB jumped on this opportunity b/c it was impossible to have a three way crossover with WP still playing the lead. from what i heard he is not the biggest fan of Miami. and i think he would not want to be on the same screen with Horatio. actually i think Grissom (the character), would roll his eyes all the time haha.

so yeah, since i don't watch neither of the two other shows, it's gonna take too much of my time to go through all this hassle and watch them all. i'll probably just watch the scenes with Sara on Youtube.