Anna/Lindsay #6: Baby on Board!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Well, I did see a scene of Anna in The Handler once, but that was a clip...well, only where she was obviously working as a waitress and some guy came by and grabbed her butt... You still want me to find the scene?

To come back to the comedy discussion. In Bad Beat I also really liked Lindsay's reaction to the sex video. :lol: Her comment to Danny of course, but also her whole reaction. The way she looked at it. That was another short but very funny scene! What I also like is that obviously Lindsay does not only 'believe in science', because the way she was interested in this story about the house from Cool Hunter in season 2- she kept on mentioning it.

ETA: AH!!! Maya! :lol: I should have known it. Okay, let's reply to you, too.

:lol: What, she had to marry him? Darn it, why didn't we get to see that? I would have so loved to see her in that role, having to marry that guy so they can catch the Grandpa. :lol:

Well, I understand she's been so busy, they finally found her and everyone wanted her. ;)

And I agree. The way Eva talked this guy into something and then locked him in the basement or where that was and stole some part of his cell. :lol: Totally amazingly fantastic.

I agree about the relationship between Lindsay and her father changing after the diner thing. It makes sense. Maybe before they had quite similar ideas of what she wanted and then she changed her mind? Possible.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  2. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^ :lol::lol: Ack, I knew it! I had the feeling someone might be posting at the same time I was, was worried I'd miss out :p

Absolutely fantastic! And then when she switched the lights back on and went "Rat trap down here, isn't it? :guffaw: I rewinded that scene so many times, and it still made me laugh. Argh, I want this show back on the air! Although she was easily the quirkiest character on the team...the others were pretty serious (well, Miles and Frank were usually great for a laugh too, but not all that quirky ;)).

ETA: Oh, and I'm taking an hour or two now to hunt down Handler...I figure if it's on DVD, there'll at least be something online to indicate when it came out :D

3. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I hope I get to the see original version of that show to see (should try the famous youtube clips) and see how that sounded, because the dubbed version never is anything like the original, plus I want to hear Anna's voice. But that scene... How she turned around, hopped out of her shoes and ran back and then locked him in there. So fantastic! Also I love that Anna clearly shows how many different kinds of characters she can play.

4. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I'm thinking so too; I mean, I really wish I could find at least a full episode of Handler online (I've seen a couple clips too at this point, but few with AB and not ones that give me a good read of her character)...because while Lily certainly looks eerily like Lindsay, she's doing some very un-Lindsay-like things in quite a few of those pictures :lol: Which makes me think they can't be that similar. And with Eva Rossi, she's so clearly different from Lindsay. I've noticed a couple of things, like Eva's initial aloofness with her team, that have carried over to Lindsay; but I think that was a conscious choice of Anna's (because while Lindsay's definitely a lot bubblier than Eva, to me Eva comes off as a lot warmer, more vulnerable, and more open to the people she works with. She has a shell, but it comes down a lot; whereas Lindsay still keeps hers up with some people, even after all these years.)

5. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Ah, how's it possible we missed it and no one has it? *sigh* Unfair. :lol: I think there are really some differences and things the characters have in common. Did you ever see Anna in Without A Trace? Paige was a very interesting character as well. And she was in Law and Order as well, but I didn't get to see all of her scenes unfortunately. Was also very intense from what I heard.

I'm sure there are ways the topic could be brought up again. Just like in Stealing Home. It wasn't a super huge drama scene. It was a 'careful' hint into the direction of how Lindsay's relationship to her father could be. Something like that would surely work again.

Just earlier I was thinking about that scene. Lindsay was also in the room when Mac got angry at Hawkes. I don't recall the scene completely, but when Mac told her to stay in the room when she wanted to do something, she almost seemed some kind of nervous or something. And while we're talking about Hawkes, I really like how many times he and Lindsay worked together in season 3. Especially I love how he was there for her as the snake bit her though. That was so caring and sweet. He's really a good guy. :) And I love how then Lindsay comes back and boom, finds out what really happpened. :lol:

Talking about Mac and Lindsay, I always find his facial expression funny when he interacts with her. Is there ever a scene where he's not smiling in some way? Usually it's her demonstrations but also the in other scenes.

6. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I did see her in WAT! Well, last night -- I had a few extra hours so spent most of it online :p That whole episode was good, and I don't know, Paige surprised me (in that I'd heard things about the role AB plays in the ep but didn't really expect her to turn out to be the "bad" guy. Though I guess she didn't have much choice. Yeah, it was definitely intense.)

On that note, though, I found a couple "Handler" clips I hadn't seen before! Although just the opening-credits. Watching them made me feel like I have seen the show before, probably back when it was on TV, but I really don't remember :lol: Figures.

I don't much like the first scene where Mac yells at Hawkes (sorry, thought it was unjustified :lol:) but I do remember Lindsay trying to leave. I don't think she wanted to be around while another coworker was getting chewed out, though; it is pretty embarrassing for the yelled-at person to have witnesses. Looove the snake-bite moment -- I miss S3 simply for all the Hawkes and Lindsay interaction they had (they haven't had nearly as much on that scale ever since :shifty:). Argh. Hm, picking a favourite Mac/Lindsay scene...maybe the one in "LWFM" (lol, I know I keep coming back to that one!). It was probably the tensest conversation they've ever had, it was sweet in a way to see Mac worry about what Lindsay was dealing with, and the look on his face when she asked him to shut her into the trunk still leaves me laughing.

Can't believe I stayed away for almost a whole day ;) *kicks RL*

7. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

Ok, im going to say this and get it out!! Where was Lindsay Last, there was no sign of her what so ever!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did you find clips?????

8. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Yeah, that was surprising indeed. But she played that role very well. I really need to rewatch this episode (or those- weren't that two?).

Same way I felt as well. I thought he went too far with the way he yelled as Hawkes.

Yeah, you could clearly see how uncomfortable she felt in this situation. Like I said, need to rewatch that as well, but she really seemed to not feel well around all that yelling.

I agree about season 3. I think it's still my favourite season, together with season 5. Lindsay got to work with Danny a lot, she got to work with Hawkes a lot and she also got to work with Stella. I wonder if anyone went to see her when she was attacked by that snake? I have no idea how long she had to stay at the hospital, but she was back fast enough to solve the case. :lol: In season 4 we also got some Hawkes and Lindsay working scenes. It was in this episode with the dog Otto. Aww, they had so many nice scenes in the episode. Which one was it again? Happily Never After? And Lindsay likes dogs. *squeals* She was so cute with the little one.

:lol: Yes! It was a scene where he confronted her with a mistake she made, but he didn't yell at her but instead, like you said, showed he was worried. Also I like that later he made a comment to Quinn (was that the woman?) about it. The trunk scene was awesome! LOL I love his face and how she reassured him that it was all fine. Cool demonstration!

:lol: You were missed!

Ugh, seriously. You might laugh at me, but I really find episodes boring in which she isn't in. Not nice at all!

9. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

It was a shock to see her as the bad guy, but it was a different side of Anna we had nto seen before.

Im not laughing, cause I feel the same way:):) Im not saying last nights episode was not good, its just not the same. I like what Anna brings on Csi Ny its somthing different then any of the other character. If you noticed we were missing alot of characters last night, we were missing Sid, Haylen, and Lindsay in one episode wow!!

10. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

It really was! (Although to be fair, I couldn't really see Paige as a bad guy while she was playing the role...she was in horrible circumstances, so I totally saw where she was coming from when she took things into her own hands). Were there two episodes? I was so sure they'd locked her up at the end of the one ep I saw.

LOL, I had to look through all the clips on "The Handler tv show" on Youtube, and even then I only really managed to find the opening credits and one where Lily gets her butt grabbed by who-I'm-assuming-is-the-mobster-she-was-trying-to-fool :lol: (type in those exact words, "The Handler tv show" and go toward the last couple of pages...that's how I found it). I'm not giving up! But I really did like the opening sequence...if anyone finds it, let me know if you too think it's supposed to be Lily/Anna dancing on the pole right before they show her name.;) It was a little too blurry for me to tell, but if it is her it definitely puts Lily's character into an interesting context.

Yeah, you could clearly see how uncomfortable she felt in this situation. Like I said, need to rewatch that as well, but she really seemed to not feel well around all that yelling.

My favourite seasons verge between Season 2 and 4, for Lindsay anyway -- I'd add Season 3 in, but when I watched it on DVD and got up to "Sleight Out of Hand" I was so annoyed with the way they'd handled Lindsay's storyline that it got a big fail from me; even though it did have some good points. I love "Happily Never After" (the dog one, and yeah, the Otto moment was so cute :D)! I think that's my third-fave episode from Season 4. She seemed to be forming so many new connections in that season. I'm peeved that none of those seemed to go anywhere :vulcan:

I found it interesting how he stuck up for her (well, kind of) to Quinn, given that Lindsay technically was in the wrong...so I'm chalking it down to affection, rather than assuming he honestly thought Quinn didn't have a right to complain. And so it's my favourite scene of theirs. Partly, I have to say, because of the effect Mac's talk seemed to have on Lindsay. He wasn't nearly as harsh as he's been in the past before to others, so it's a little surprising that Lindsay seemed to take it to heart so much. The way she reacted (and, IMO, the careful way she's been around her work ever since then) makes me think he might as well have yelled at her, since she took it the same way as if he had. I think it was because this is the closest Mac had ever come to actually telling her off about her job performance, which fuels my belief that she really does feel she still has something to prove to Mac. Yeah, I keep coming back to this, too, but I could talk about that moment forever. :lol:

I'm a little ashamed to admit that I still have to finish watching it :alienblush: I saw the first twenty minutes or so, but in my defense I was already bummed about the lack of Lindsay and Sid, the case wasn't really gripping me, Stella didn't appear to be getting any good personal moments; so when the guys at my place asked to use the TV, I gave it to them. They never gave it back. *headdesk* Now I'm pissed because I apparently missed a great Flack/Danny interrogation scene, and Stella did get some good personal moments after all. On the other hand, if Lindsay didn't show up at all? This can so stand as my form of protest :p I guess I can wait to catch it online...

Abstract question: Has anyone heard this interview with Anna Belknap? (It's a podcast, not transcripted, so you'll need earphones I think :lol:) It's with Starry Constellation Magazine, and I think it was taken at the end of season 3/beginning of S4. I thought it was cool because she mentions how she got interested in CSI:NY in the first place, says she and Hill Harper went out for drinks and he told her what a great time it was...And it's so weird, listening to her voice without actually seeing her! :lol: I swear it took me a minute to figure out when she was speaking, because the interviewer sounds remarkably like her.

:lol: Aww, thanks! *hands Internet cookie in penance for leaving* I will learn to balance my time someday. Eventually. Maybe :p

11. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

Thanks for the Podcast Maya I had not herd that before.
    She does look like Kelly Clarkson I have always thought that:):)
    Anna seems like a very down to earth person which is awsome!!!

I found the clip you were talking about wow!!! I saw the opening and I dont know its goes by too fast a blury to tell if that her on the pool, but if it is I dont know what to say to that, but your right if it is
    Lily's character then it did does put her character into a very interesting context.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  12. BlueRose

BlueRose Dead on Arrival

Im gone for a day and I miss out on alot of coversation!!!!
    Ok last nights episode I was sad no Lindsay!!!! I have to agree with everyone that I think an episode without Lindsay kinda drags, but the episode was good.

Thanks for that Podcast Maya:):)
    I have to agree with Carminelove that Anna does kinda look like Kelly Clarkson and seems like a very down to earth person.

I really really with we could watch The Handler it looks like a great show.

13. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

You're welcome, guys! Okay, I know I'm being the ultimate nerd commenting on the podcast again, but I just caught something that I missed the first time I listened to it (note to self, podcasts and working do not mix). The interviewer asked her where she draws on for her portrayal of Lindsay; she said (among other things, being fair) she thinks a lot of what shapes Lindsay is her backstory, so she pictures how that backstory would have changed her (as in AB herself), and tries to imagine on top of that what would make Lindsay go into the gruesome line of work she did. Something I've actually wondered plenty of times myself, once the show explained her backstory.

I dunno, it's a tiny thing to get excited over, but my admiration for Anna just went up like whoa. :lol: 'Cause it's one of the main things I've always liked about Lindsay, especially in Season 2; how she usually comes off as damaged even at her peppiest, although I admit I was a lot more curious about it in Season 2 than I am now, obviously :p AB's explanation makes me think she has been portraying Lindsay that way on purpose. Which also makes me think I've been reading her right all along! *cheers*

LOL, and so it's not just people here who thinks she looks like Kelly Clarkson and Sally Field :lol: She was pretty cute in this interview, a little sarcastic and stuff. I'm also glad she still keeps in touch with her cast-mates from Medical Investigation. I'm getting fonder of that whole team with each episode I watch...ugh, which sucks at this stage, 'cause I'll feel all nostalgic watching the finale. :(

14. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

^^^ I agree the pod cast interview was so cool.
    I love that she keeps intouch with other cast mates. I think it shows that she gets along with people really well.

I like when she said that the cast of Csi Ny playes off eachother really well, which is one thing I love about Csi Ny is the fact that the cast does have such great chemistry and it shows on screen.

Its really cool if you look at the things she has been in she when to The Handler after that ended she went to being a regular on Medical investigation right after that she went on to guest spots and after MI she went to being a regular on Csi Ny. So the past like 5-6 years she has done really well with going to one show to another.

15. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^ Yes, exactly! (About the the ongoing one-hour television series)...Doesn't anyone find that strange? :lol: Or at least, fairly diligent of her? I've seen a few stars talk about how brutal it is to shoot hour-long episodes of tv shows, and even she mentioned that her schedule doesn't leave her with a lot of free time; but she's been doing it almost straight for like, seven years. :p I found it cool, though, how she said she might want to go into theatre acting again if she gets the chance.

Agreed, they really do seem to interact so...team-like, and I love that (I watched a bit of Criminal Minds last night, and while I found the characters interesting enough, they just didn't seem as family-like as I've kind of grown used to seeing. Argh, NY spoiled me.
    And I couldn't help but laugh a little when she said that because it's so true :lol:

ETA: I am also really loving the idea/image of her and the actress who played Natalie, just hanging out having lunch :D (Sorry, I'm watching an MI episode as I type, so I'm stuck on this) It sucks that Eva and Natalie's relationship didn't get more focus in the episodes -- I think theirs is probably one of my favourite female-coworker relationships I've seen in a crime drama, in a really long time.