Episode 8x05 - 'Bad Seed' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Toots

Toots Pathologist

This show is so ridiculously bad. When did Alexx do an ER residency? Wow, she must be good to be able go just leave one specialty (Pathology) and waltz into another. It takes several years to get through an ER residency. Alex must have sailed through.

Ryan is either putting on some water weight or he's eating too many cheeseburgers.

And finally, the ridiculously gratitutous slo-mo scene of shirtless, dimpled new guy walking on the beach, showing everyone how "green" he is by picking up trash while on his way to surf.

God, I can't stop myself. Ms. Boa Vista in her designer clothes clomping around in the contaminated farm area. I laughed hysterically.

2. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I am glad to see Ryan in a situation where he is accepted. That is one good thing about Jesse's presence; no history therefore more of a chance of acceptance. Ryan isn't a bad guy or a bad cop; frankly I think he is smart with a compassionate heart. Hopefully this will start to show more.

That scene didn't bother me at all. Cops need to have those heightened senses to prevent themselves from being ambushed and put in a no win situation. I would have been surprised and not happy if Jesse HADN'T known that guy was coming. Frankly, I would have bet on Jesse's gun, Jesse probably being better trained than the farmer. I sometimes wonder if any cop is very NOT on alert.

3. CSIKitty

CSIKitty Dead on Arrival

Yeah, that scene with Jesse and the farmer had me nervous. I was like, 'my God, he's going to get caught off guard and get shot.' Then I remembered he's a cop with over a decade of experience. He's supposed to know how to act in that situation, like any other member of the team would have done.

4. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

I think the Three Musketeers is doing wonders for Ryan, for once, he's got a little band of friends he fits in with. Doesn't have to worry about expectations. It's just nice to see Ryan being happy and carefree, and joke around more with Walter and Jesse.;)

The scene about between the three of them about Walter spilling the whole bag into the water well was hilarious! They're just like brothers teasing each other and blaming each other when things go wrong. LOL!:lol:

I completely agree, that's what I've been saying to the people who's saying that he's gone Super-Jesse. I mean, the guy's a veteran cop, surely after more than a decade of police work in both Miami and LA, that he would have tuned in his senses much really well. It would have been unrealistic if Jesse hadn't notice.

Yeah I figured Jesse would win, still that's doesn't change the fact I giggled when I saw little tiny handgun versus big rifle, something about it was funny!:lol:

I'm sure she must have had some ER training when she went through school even with a specialty in pathology.

And besides, this is a fictional show, they have creative licenses for a reason, it doesn't have to be exact rocket science. If that's what you want, total realism, then go watch documentaries, not primetime drama. Even the best dramas out there have their moments where a character's storyline can't be exactly real. It's not like Alexx went from CSI to being a doctor. It's not exactly real what they did with Alexx, but it's not like it unthinkable either. And if everything had to be real, then the CSIs would never get a job done or solve all their crimes because that doesn't happen in the real world.

Besides, if it's such a ridiculous show, then don't watch it. It's as simple as that. No one's forcing you to watch the show.

So what if he's getting a bit chubby, he doesn't have to look like some fashion model. You want realism, well, in real life, people sometimes gain weight. It's not the end of the world.

They just went through a case where two kids died because someone didn't feel the need to keep their produce clean, is it hard to imagine that it effected Jesse that when he saw the cans/bottles, he decided to help keep the beach clean.....and besides, all the other CSI were doing their part to help the earth and the community. As for the shirtless scene on the beach, so what? What is ridiculous about it? A guy is shirtless going surfing, OMG that must be so unreal....it's not like no one's ever gone shirtless surfing....if anything, this scene was a good character development, showing what Jesse does in his offtime away from work....

It wasn't a contaminated area, it was a COMMUNITY GARDEN. Perhaps you should actually watch closely before running off at the mouth.

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Actually,doctors can and have moonlighted(picked up time) in the ER with less experience than Alexx to pay off student loans.You may find this more so in smaller community hospitals ,but it happens.You may not see them dealing with some of the same situations as Alexx, but this is TV.

6. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Being someone that is pretty environmentally concious (and organic as I grow it myself), I loved the episode. It was very Green.

As to Alexx working in the ER, she was there last season in Smoke Gets in Your CSI's and explains here presence there to Horatio at the end. She's a part time ER doc. To be a Forensic Pathologist/Medical Examiner, you have to be an M.D. first. You need to go completely through medical school, get your license, do your dues in the Residency program before you specialize.

Jesse...meh. I like Walter...actually, I really like the actor. He was on Eleventh Hour last year and he's just a huge teddy bear of an actor.

For the question about genetically engineering fruits and vegetables; yes, they do, which is why I tend to buy at Farmer's Markets rather than chain stores. Oh, and I'm a vegetarian and I've never had e-coli.

7. hiphugger14

hiphugger14 Civilian

what episode is the picture in your post from ?

8. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

Overall, I loved the episode even though the case was a bit scary.

There was a lot of group interactions.
    I enjoyed the scene where eric, calleigh & walter watches natalia work. Eva was really great in that scene.
    I'm glad to see Alex again.. I'm still sad about Eric & his last scene with Calleigh really got to me:( I'm definitely gonna miss E/C moments.

9. .speed.delko.

.speed.delko. Rookie

10. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

So Ryan thinks he's the best person of the world and anyone else is an incompetent....how rude :shifty:. Nope, I didn't like it at all also b/c this is not my Ryan Wolfe

Alexx fried a person with her magic defibrilator....that's practically what she did in the episode. Though, it was nice to see her. Really hope she's going to return for another more thrilling episode.

The whole food stuff was kind of meh just b/c of one reason.....there's nothing new about that & people will go on eating that stuff :rolleyes:

"Kick my ass lady" to Calleigh? Did this woman want to die? :lol:

I love the new trio!!! I just love the three of them and I don't think I'll get over them!

Cows? :guffaw: Sorry, but I had to laugh at them LOL

OMG I can't believe we had more than one scene with more than 3 CSIs in the same room. OMG one of these scenes involved the four of them running through the lab? Now I can have a heart attack LOL

Anyway what I had to say is "bye bye Delko" ;)

11. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

It is nice for Ryan, the outsider and "bad boy" being around people that he doesn't have to worry about biting his head off. Maybe he is LESS likely to get into trouble because he has people he can go to that would immediately judge him. It is a nice change.

Look, if the truth be told, I don't mind Jesse at all. He has brought in a new energy to the show and as I stated before it is nice to see Ryan work with people who aren't biting his head off right and left. It just seems, at the moment anyway that Jesse seems to have all the answers and knows exactly the right thing to do at all times. Since the season is still young, maybe there will be a situation where he will cross a line or do something he shouldn't (heck, even the most veteran of cops make mistakes). It wouldn't seem so pronouced or as glaring to me if it wasn't coming on the heels of so not-so-positive (in my mind anyway) tinkering they are doing to Ryan's character (setting aside of course the more relaxed, accepted guy). I hope tptb know what they are doing and where they are heading; at this point I don't see it.:(

People gain and lose weight all the time. And it makes Ryan appear more real.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, that line really bugged me. You're right it's not Ryan. He would never say something like that. I felt like this was just the writers shoving their own personal opinion into the episode and it was not needed. That would be like them shoving their political opinions into an episode. Leave your own person feelings out of it especially when it's going to be making things difficult for a character who had enough problems being accepted! Ugh.

But, at least they had him realize that he was wrong pretty quickly in the scene and at the end he was helping the farmers, so its like he was making up for his comment. And at least he didn't say that comment to the farmers themselves. There've been instances on some of the shows where a character has said something rude to someone. And there've been instances of characters saying something rude to colleagues about suspects/witnesses. Frank in one episode was mouthing off about Hispanics not knowing English when living in the US. In one episode of CSI Vegas, Vartann said something rude about overweight people. There was the reason of an argument between Frank/Delko to add drama for the reason to have Frank say what he said. But for Vartann's comment and for Ryan's comment there was absolutely no reason for the comments to be in the episode especially when neither character has expressed that level of rudeness before.

13. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

This kind of stuff is what I am talking about when I talk about the not-so-positive tinkering of Ryan's character. That comment about the farmers is so not typical of what Ryan would say; he has been pretty blunt before but not that rude or nasty. Why take him in that direction? It wasn't cute or funny, it was rude and uncalled for, and so unnecessary to the scene. :(

14. Toots

Toots Pathologist

"And besides, this is a fictional show, they have creative licenses for a reason, it doesn't have to be exact rocket science. If that's what you want, total realism, then go watch documentaries, not primetime drama."

Oh no, I love comedies, and even though this show is billed as a drama, it's hysterically funny!

15. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:eek: Almost as funny as the absurdities we see weekly on CSI LV or the other procedurals. Just part of the process.