Claire: Dead or Alive? will we ever know for sure??

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by lilmzhappy, Oct 22, 2009.

?

Is Claire Conrad-Taylor dead or alive?

Poll closed Nov 21, 2009.
  1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. NO

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. NOT SURE

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. lilmzhappy

lilmzhappy Witness

Hey Avid CSI fans,
    I was watching an episode of s3 the other day and it raised my curiosity. I discovered that Claire's body is yet to be found!
    So is Mac's supposedly dead wife really dead?
    LET YOUR VIEWS BE KNOWN??

2. Kreguba

Kreguba Witness

It's been assumed that Claire is dead. Mac, Stella, the entire team believe that Claire died in the World Trade Center attacks. Her body not being found means that either she was directly in the plane's path and thus immediately disintegrated, or there were no distinguishing features on her skeleton that allowed her to be identified.

It's very unlikely that she is still alive, or if she's ever going to come back if she is.

3. lilmzhappy

lilmzhappy Witness

Hi,

Thank for your views,
    But if what you say is what happend. Wouldnt there still be some kind of trace??? I have just rewatched the episode and Mac said "they are still looking" My question is Are they still looking to this very day (in csi ny world. lol) or have they given up. Again it is a case of who knows?

4. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I believe he meant they are still looking for her body/traces of her body. They're still identifying remains in RL. It's not like they have complete bodies to ID. They have pieces...small pieces to do DNA testing on and I'm sure that some pieces are the same person. Also, DNA testing in RL takes much longer than on tv. It will take years to test each piece they have. Some people were identified by items they found (like jewelry) but others, like CandyCorner said, were just disintegrated. Bringing her back would be such a terrible move on the part of tptb. There are still a lot of people not accounted for and to bring her back would be a huge insult to the families who are in the same situation as Mac.

5. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ you said exactly what i was going to say! you beat me to it!

6. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

She better be dead.

If they pull a stunt like bringing her back not only will I be rightly pissed, but I think it would be pretty cheap of them in light of the real life tragedy they chalked her death up to.

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

This. Agree completely.

8. lilmzhappy

lilmzhappy Witness

Hey guys,

I totally agree with the disrespect to the families who lost their loved ones in 9/11. I just thought as she has never been found. Were they gonna suprise everyone with this grand reappearance of claire. I mostly dont want it to happen any because it would be disrespect to what happend in real life and it would also be pretty pointless after all this time.

9. csiny_65

csiny_65 Dead on Arrival

To have her appear alive, would be turning the show into a complete soap opera, sorry....that is my opinion....

but I would have liked them to perhaps find closure for Mac and Reed, by having them identify some remains of hers, thus allowing them a memorial for her...

not sure if too much time has passed by for that, however.....perhaps so....

plus I think would sort of 'cheapen' the whole thing, not just for the show and its main character, but for those involved in the real life events that took place that day....

perhaps CBS and all involved think that this is and always will be too raw a subject to delve into too deeply, and therefore will not pursue it beyond the little bits we already got?

10. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

I have to agree. The fact they they never found Clairs body makes it more realistic for what happened to the people who did pass away on 9/11 and to their familys.

11. Kreguba

Kreguba Witness

I agree with FreddyKrueger. Bringing Claire back would be disrespectful to all those who lost their lives in the attacks.

That said, I think it would interesting for Mac to be notified that they found some evidence of her (piece of bone perhaps, or a distinctive piece of jewelry). Not for the point of bringing her back, but to bring closure for him (and to bring Reed back ;) ).

12. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I voted Not sure. However i feel it's better to keep her dead as we believe she is.It would be nice some mention of her by Mac in another "personal" episode (finding her remains would be great) or even inflashbacks to let us know her.
    But she must remains dead.
    If Mac found her remains, it would be the end of an episode in his life, just to open a new one
    Mac deserves that :)

13. michmac

michmac Hit and Run

I was wondering the same thing....

But I agreed with most of you, bringing her back will be an insult to all those families..

14. lilmzhappy

lilmzhappy Witness

Hey Guys,

I do think it would be better if she stays dead but i just had a FEELING that something shocking would happen but feelings can be wrong. I also agree strongly that it would be disrespect to the families in relation to what happend in real life, i just didnt think of that factor at the time.

xoxo
    Lil

15. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

I voted not sure, because there have been cases where people who have thought to have been in the WTC were not and are very much alive. They just used the situation to take off and start a new life. I think it would make the show suck if she showed up though. It seems to me that a whole lot of Mac's personality is based on having a loved one die on 9/11.