Marg/Catherine ~ Not JUST A Pretty Face #8

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by SunsetBoulevard, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xambau

xambau Hit and Run

Hi! Just saw this on youtube.. Public Service Announcement featuring NBCC friends Olivia Wilde (House), Mark Harmon (NCIS), Marg Helgenberger (CSI), Regina King (Southland), and Calista Flockhart (Brothers and Sisters).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2kWSq0H6iY

Go Marg!! Hot hot!

2. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

No glasses. Boo. She was uber hot in that orange shirt, though. And you could almost see her cleavage there. :drool: I love the mention of Sam, too. It looks like despite the unpleasant encounters we've seen in the past few years, Catherine does share some good memories with Sam. :)

Thanks for the video xambau. That was a great PSA, and I'm so glad that Mark did it with the ladies. <3

In other news...Marg comes in as #3 on Forbe's list of top-earning prime-time women in 2009 with an estimated earning of $9.5 million. How cool is that? Although I think she totally deserves more than K. Heigl does (who ranks #2). JMO. :D

3. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

There's so much Marg love going around at the moment! <3

That video was very nice. She looks great and it's nice to see her talking about a cause that she holds so close to her heart.

That's awesome that she comes in at number three. Are they counting Heigl's movie career too, here? I was surprised (but not disappointed) to see that she's ahead of Mariska Hargitay, too. That's cool, though with Mariska's salary increase this year she'll probably be making more than Marg.

Now that's a duo I'd love to see...Mariska and Marg....yum......

Sorry, where was I?

4. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I'm sure Katie Heigl's movie incomes were counted. Not even Ellen Pompeo gets that much from Grey's. Marg's earning was mostly (if not totally) from her salary, I guess, since she hasn't done any movies or shows besides CSI for a while.

Marg and Mariska appearing together would be nice. And how about Catherine and Olivia? Hottiest ladies with guns? lol.

5. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Marg and Mariska together? Catherine and Olivia on the same show? OMG *thud*

6. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

I think I would seriously need life support if M&M ever worked together. I'd love to see one or the other on CSI/SVU...it'd be funny to see them as a perp. And the interrogation scenes? Grr....

7. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

M&M...hmm I love that name. Sounds really yummy to me hehe.

Well here's a shameless self pluggin'...we're running our 2009 Birthday Project over at Margamania. We offer cool prizes to people who join: CSI related items Marg signed and donated specially for the project! For details please click the link in my signature.

Please note that CSI Files and TalkCSI are not affiliated with Margamania and our project. As I said, this is just a self promotion. :)

8. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

^^ and a wonderful self-promotion it is! Can't get much better than items signed by Marg!

Marg & Mariska together?! HAWT! How about adding another "M" into the mix - Mark Harmon! That would be a very lovely M&M&M sandwich. Mmmmmmmmm Yummy! I wouldn't mind any combination of those three doing a project together.

9. LastToKnow710

LastToKnow710 Witness

Marg and Mariska?!? Together?!?! Damn, that would be my television dream team. Two amazing actresses coming together. I can dream, can't I? lol.

And Erica - I love Margamania! You guys do an awesome job with the site! I can't wait to get involved with the birthday project. I wish I weren't so damn broke so I could donate more. I'll come up with something. haha. Those items from Marg are amazing!!! What I'd give to win one of those. Can't wait to see who does. :)

10. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Erica: OMG what is it with HOT people & reading phone books & us lately!? LOL Ash said she could listen to Billy read a phone book all day & ya'll are saying Marg reading one would be the hottest thing ever (it SO would be ;p)....Clearly hot people & phone books go together....clearly ;)

11. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Okay, that M&M&M idea is just way too hot. I love Mark, too, but if that really happened, he would be the luckiest bastard ever. :lol: :drool:

Ambie, I've always loved Marg's voice. She's done narrating work for a document before and I loved it. I also loved her dub for Hera in Wonder Woman. I don't know. It's just so attractive and full of emotion that I can listen to it for the entire day!

And aw thanks for the comments on the project. I was so glad and excited that we managed to get the prizes. I actually hadn't expected that she'd even bother to response to our request at all. Therefore I was very nicely surprised when I got an answer. :) I know it's not a good time to start it now since it's past the middle of the month and people are starting to be careful with their $$$, but hopefully we'll get some more support at the beginning of November. Even if you can't donate to the fundraiser, you can still leave a birthday message to Marg. That's just as awesome. :)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  12. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Yah! No problem girl! I left Marg a birthday message and if work picks up (I haven't worked in weeks) I'll be donating as well. I JUST forked over a chunk o' change for the WPAP fundraiser for Victory Gardens, & paid off some MAJOR debt, so I'm trying to be careful right now ;p But I'm hoping work will pick up and I will be able to donate to Margi too. Love her!

So ya'll wrote to Marg & asked for giveaways? HA! That's awesome...I can't believe she responded! Does she know about Margamania? She said on Regis & Kelly that she never got on fansites cos there was so much negativity....although I guess one that's CSI-centric is totally different than one dedicated to a particular actress/actor...

And yeah, I'm with you- I could listen to Marg ALL day :)

13. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

LOL had to correct several typos in my previous post. Obviously I was falling asleep as I typed. xD

To answer Ambie's question, no we didn't write to Marg. I wish we could! Instead, we had our wish delivered through connections. Marg responded and agreed to donate us the script. I didn't know there would be an autographed photo until later. Bonus! I have no idea if Marg knows about Margamania. I can only hope that it got mentioned when she received our message and that she realizes that there's no negativity and only love on MaMa. I think her publicist has at least heard of the site, though. :)

14. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "I have an M%M down my shirt.:devil:

And thanks for the comments on our birthday project! Here's hoping we make a great amount for breast cancer :thumbsup:

15. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I'm kinda excited about this week's episode. Generally I don't mind Ray (ducks from flying objects) and I'm not as angry or frustrated about the lack of Catherine's screentime as some other fans (though I'd certainly love more), but I really love that it seems Catherine will be back at the crime scene and be a real investigator. :)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.