Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well every outside US have that problem.:)(Me too)

But please note board rules:
    FAN VIDEOS AND DOWNLOADS - UPDATED!

~ You may not link to any downloadable copyrighted material such as video clips of the episodes or interviews unless it is from a CBS approved site like YouTube and from CBS itself.

So on Youtube you could be in luck ...who knows....

2. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

I have that same problem as well...
    Its usually on 'youtube' but the last 8min will be missing cos...i dont know why, part 5 of all the videos is usually not uploaded. But sometimes you might get lucky i.e. I managed to watch the full episode for 8.01, 02, 03.
    If you are not able to watch the full episode, just wait for a couple of days then someone usually makes an E/C clip of a particular episode, so you can find the missing piece of the puzzle by watching those...

On the CBS forum, people there usually give a full commentary of the episode, so you can find out roughly what happens near the end.lol!

thats my method!:)

2 more days for people who arent in the states!!:)

I dont think CBS will split them up! :thumbsup:
    I bet its just going to be that Eric wants to leave Miami and wonders if Calleigh would wait for him, and OBVIOUSLY she is going to say yes! and this shows how her feelings for Eric is completely different to how she felt about Jake, cos she said no when Jake ased her to wait for him. When Eric comes back to Miami, he will come back with a ring!! and they all live happily ever after...THE end.

3. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

Hi CSIMiamiLover88!
    I know of this site that you can watch from Season 1 to the most recent but I don't think you are allowed to do that here. I don't live in the US so I'm sure it will work for you as well. I don't know how I'll share it with you.
    :(

Ep 8.05- Just one more day...can't wait.

4. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

hey there CSIMiamiLover88!:)
    I had the same problem before, we are also way way behind. Right now its only 7.11 here... Usually I watch it in YouTube but like Composer1234 said they don't usually post the end part til later. So I have to wait a day more to watch the whole thing.

I already have my tissue ready... still pretty excited:)

5. CSIMiamiLover88

CSIMiamiLover88 Hit and Run

Thanks everyone!! :)

6. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Where does hiphuggers hide in CBS forums? Wow - is that confusing? :eek:Is there no order to the whole deal? Next time I go, will one of you please hold my hand and show me the way.:)

Next topics in class: How to get around in CBS forums?

But now I am relaxed I am back in Hiphuggerheaven. The nice spiritual place all souls deserve to be.

If anyone can remember: so they are shoot what episode 3 -11- 09 is that 8.11 or 8.12?

7. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I don't think they are going to split them up either! :D

She mentions him leaving "CSI" not leaving her. Now we don't know totally the whole conversation but I get the feeling that since they called a "truce" in ep 803 that they are, on some level, good. I don't think he is leaving Miami though....just leaving the lab...right now anyhow. when he does finally depart, then it could stand to reason that he leaves Miami. However, Adam said he is open to coming back from time to time even after this season so maybe he won't go very far.

Based on how fas the writers had he and Cal "make-up" I really get the feeling that E/C will be positive. I don't want to say end b/c as long as Adam agrees to return from time to time and they mention Eric in the context of Calleigh the writers don't have to end E/C at all. Think GSR. They could stay together even though one half of the pair is no longer there. Also, the other two CSI's have married off their main ships...why can't Miami do the same? There is nothing that says this CSI can't do the samething.

The fact that Emily constantly says her relationship is in jeopardy tells me the writers haven't really told them exactly how E/C will play out over Adam's last episodes. She doesn't know but as of right now, things obviously don't look good. But then again, she is going to say that b/c she doesn't know what the outcome will be. She can't say everything will turn out fine when she doesn't know if it will or won't. Also, by saying "jeopardy" it gives the situation this aire of desperation that will no doubt get E/C viewers to tune in when Adam is around b/c they want to know what will happen. Give the writers a little bit of props, by leaving us wondering right now what their status is, E/C fans will tune in in the hopes of getting their answers. Hopefully tomorrow night will get something that lets us know where E/C is headed in all this turmoil ;)

8. Cbelle98

Cbelle98 Victim

You know Delkolover your post reminded me about something that has bothered me since Bolt Action aired...the comments that Emily has made about the status of the E/C storyline have been kind of negative and really added to our worry about what was going to happen with these two. She talked about how her romance was in jeopordy and then again about how cold Calleigh would be acting and then, correct me if I'm wrong, something about how she was defending Calleigh's actions saying something like she did a scence where she tells someone that yes she shot at Delko but they would have to if they had been in her position.

But then the rift between Eric and Calleigh seemed to get tidied up at the end of the third episode. I was honestly shocked at that ende scene and thought for sure, based in part by Emily's comments on the matter, that the rift would last some time and we wouldn't get any resolution until right before Adam left the show. Now don't get me wrong I'm as happy as a little clam at the direction these two appear to be headed but it just makes me wonder: Do you think the writers were planning to go in another direction with these two and stretch out the tension for awhile -- hence leading to Emily's comments. If so, what do you think changed their minds? Were our hiphuggers voices finally being heard?! :lol:

Now on to the sneak peek for tomorrow:

Two words immediately jumped into my mind at the sight of a shirtless Adam: Hubba, Hubba!! :drool: I'm really looking forward to what looks like is going to be an Eric-centric episode. And we're getting a dose of Alex to boot!

9. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

As for the last spoiler: DON`T WE ALL do that?:drool::guffaw:
    With a shirtless Adam.... Hubba Hubba indeed:thumbsup:.

I agree completly. At the moment spoiler seems to point in one direction and then when it comes to shooting the episode. It has changed. It is not just lines and perhaps loctation. It is the whole point and direction of the scene/storyline. Just check the original lockerroom scene that then appeared in 8.03 instead. And they even changed that. To actually speaking to each other...:confused:And some of thoose spoiler were "released" late in the game. And it´s not because I trust spoilers as such. But for show to change direction of storyline within such a sort timeframe.

HI CSIMiamiLover88

I know we are awating 8.05. But please do remember as per board rules:

~ Posts within Shipper Central must now contain a MINIMUM of 3 lines of Good posting.

Or they will close tread and we can´t write about the great 8.05 to come

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  10. CSIMiamiLover88

CSIMiamiLover88 Hit and Run

I cannot wait to see this eppy on youtube in a couple days!!!!

11. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Eric had a tough time with this case which was understandable considering what happened and what Eric has been through. Being a CSI has taken its toll on Eric. Calleigh knew his decision without him even telling her. Eric has not officially left yet, well that's my guess since the only two who know are H and Calleigh.

12. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I expected a lot more hiphugger moments :(, but I did like the episode anyway. I'm sure they cut a lot of scenes in the final editing.
    I think the locker room scene was cut short, cause they only showed one of the hugs. The hug in my signature picture is not in the epi :mad: ! But Eric did give her a loud peck on the lips before hugging her :adore:.
    Ok, I'll try and remember some of the conversation that went on in there. After he admitted to her that he did want to leave CSI but didn't want anybody else to find out yet, Cal asked him what was gonna happen with them ( "you & I"), he said nothing. Then she continued "I guess CSI's not the only game in town!". He answered " You know me too well" :confused: Confused? You're not the only ones. It doesn't sound like he's leaving town, and it does look like they're still together. But who knows :rolleyes:? I'd like to know how everybody else will interpret the last scene once they watch the epi.
    At the end, when he turned around and left, Calleigh broke down, AGAIN :(! Can't the poor girl get a break? It was soooo sad :(!
    This is it for now. I feel too emotionally drained to continue. I might be back later to add more for those hiphuggers who won't get the chance to see the episode anytime soon.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  13. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

The episode was pretty good and it was an somewhat interesting case. But like others I thought there would be more E/C scenes. I confused? Are they still together? I guess maybe they are trying to leave us in limbo to make sure that we tune in to figure it out.

14. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

I was dreading this. DREADING IT. But now that I've seen the final scene, I feel so much better. Am I the only one? This is what I take away from it:

Calleigh asking what's going to happen with her and Eric. Eric gives her that smile, doesn't really answer, but to me it seems like the answer is in his eyes. So Calleigh jumps into this:

"I guess CSI isn't the only game in town."
    "Like I said...you know me too well."

I was afraid of what that meant, but the way Eric responds, it left me feeling like he's made up his mind about CSI, but he's also made up his mind about himself and Calleigh, and he doesn't have to be at CSI to still be with her. I think Calleigh was reassuring herself that he wasn't leaving town, and his answer reassured her further.

As for "You know me too well." - I think that was Eric's way of telling her that he would never walk away from their relationship, from her. He is invested in this relationship beyond anything he's ever felt before, and I think Calleigh knows that. Calleigh knows how he feels about her, and I feel like that, ambiguous though it was, was Eric's way of reassuring her of that - that he loves her, and just because he's leaving CSI, he wouldn't leave her.

As for Calleigh's emotions at the end...tears of relief? There was a sense of 'walking on eggshells' early on, sort of, and now that she's certain that he adores/loves her and isn't going to walk away from them, from this relationship that she's jumped headfirst into, it's a huge weight off of her shoulders. He's not going to hurt her, she has nothing to be afraid of, and that manifested emotionally. I think. <3

I'm positive they're still together. :adore:

15. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Oh yeah, they're still together. When they were on opposite sides of the lockers she guessed without having to be told that he was leaving CSI, so when he came around to her side, he told her "You always could read me so well", or something like that. Then, when she asked about "you and I", all he had to do was smile at her, give her that look, and she knew that he was leaving CSI, not her... and thus, she knew that "CSI isn't the only game in town"... game, being jobs for him. And thus his response, "like I said, you know me so well". And when she answered "I guess CSI isn't the only game in town" she had a smile on her face... an indication that she got it, she's confident they're still "you and I".

At least, that is how I interpreted it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.