Ryan/Jon #25 - Wolfe's Den

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by GregNickRyanFan, Oct 6, 2009.

?

Which thread title do you like the best?

Poll closed Oct 16, 2009.
  1. Togo Where No Thread Has Gone Before

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  2. TNT Togo

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. Wolfe's Den

15 vote(s)
    36.6%
  4. Wolfe's Gang

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  5. Fellowship of the Fishy

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  6. Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. togo2hot

togo2hot Prime Suspect

hey..thanks for the reply...i too dont agree with the reviewer..the first part of the show was kinda cute...and there was certaintly no hostility between the guys...anyway gotta run..thanks again for the reply....

2. slower

slower Lab Technician

My mom writes left handed, but does other things right haded; such as bowling, swinging a bat, peeling apples etc.

3. togo2hot

togo2hot Prime Suspect

yeah that could be possible or maybe this was just a big misunderstanding since in the video on youtube it is seems like he was writting with his right hand but just now i saw another video...(not on youtube) n in this video the whole episode was like a mirror of the video clip of the episode 4 of season 8 showed on youtube which makes me think that the video on youtube was flipped and hence it seems like ryan was writting with his right hand...anyway really sorry for the confusion...but i would like to say that this thread is moving FAST!really fast..good job guys...and hopefully more ryan on monday's episode..

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Ryan did not grimace at Walter saying he wouldn't help him get something off the shelf. He's self-conscious about his height, THAT is what he was grimacing about, if he was grimacing about anything. That's completely understandable.

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    I don't even think it was grimace at all.It's the expression men make when even though they are talking about each other ,or laughing at each other,it's still in fun.
    Don't know if it makes sense,but my brothers seem to do a lot of it.

6. chazzawazza

chazzawazza Witness

Yeah musta been a dodgy video...never trust youtube eh! Every leftie I know except myself tends to play guitar, use scissors, play sports etc left handed just for convenience sake as special leftie equipment is needed for a lot of the stuff, so its not uncommon at all.

And yes, he did look cute in that eppy, everything about me should hate his new haircut but I love it! And I love how short he looked inbetween Jessie and Walter :adore: wayyy to cute. And the "thats mean" after Jessie dissed his sweater vest :lol: I love new Ryan can we keep him please.

7. togo2hot

togo2hot Prime Suspect

yeah..he's too cute now and less uptight..although i think this is a different ryan than what we had for season 3 to 7 but it's ok...i like the new ryan too...

8. slower

slower Lab Technician

I don't mind the new light hearted Ryan I love him no matter what. :adore: But, I don't want to see them take it too far, and have him come off looking too young and the butt of Jessie and Walter's jokes. I have some concern there, after their cracks about the vest and his height. :)

9. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I completely agree. I dont like him to be serious all the time, and it is good they are trying to lighten him up a little. (The jokes about his height are quite funny though.:lol: )
    But I think they need to establish a balance. As long as they dont have him looking too stupid or nerdy. The odd bit of teasing is fine, as long as it doesnt turn to hostility.

10. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I thought the look was more of a "I got zinged look"; nothing negative. As if a bunch of guys ribbing each other.

I agree as well. A more easy going Ryan is a nice change from the very serious Ryan of the last few years. I was a little afraid; I thought Ryan looked a bit cartoonish in Bolt Action and I hoped that wasn't going to be a new trend. I think Ryan was funny in In Plane Sight but serious when he needed to be; very good balance.:thumbsup: Ryan has had enough hostility to last him a lifetime.

11. slower

slower Lab Technician

I agree MiamiWolfe, he has had enough, the sadness in his eyes always breaks my heart. This is a testament to the amazing actor Jon is, he can draw you in with those eyes, and not say a word. :adore:

12. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Ryan had quite a few good scenes with Jesse and Walter in tonights episode. I know not everyone has seen it so I won't spoil, but yea, it was a good episode for him. I was happy with it.

13. .speed.delko.

.speed.delko. Rookie

I miss Ryan working with Calleigh and Frank. I would include Delko, but he's no longer a CSI. :(

The new Ryan is annoying me, why are the writers doing this with him? Were they getting bored of abusing him or having him screw over the team, they decided to dumb and immature him a bit? 0_o

If anyone should be leaving, it should be Ryan. Now would be a good time for Ryan to transfer, not four/five years ago when Delko was all hostile. That would've been bad, but he's been on the team for a while and it'd be understandable if he left.

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I enjoyed Ryan tonight.I think the writers are still kind of feeling things out for all of the characters.
    Ryan doesn't need to leave.Were would you have him transfer to?So far his relationship with Walter and Jesse seem to be a good one ,I would like to see how Ryan works out with the new characters.There is still a lot that can be done with Ryan,the plug doesn't need to be pulled on him.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  15. slower

slower Lab Technician

I do not like the way they are treating Ryan at this time. He is smarter than they are potraying him. :( As I said in the spoiler thread, I liked the episode and the interaction he had at the well with Walter and Jessie.

But, since when did he stop noticing anything pertaining to a case or a possible crime scene. And him being concerned about breaking onto that farm. In the past he wouldn't have been that concerned, he would have just gone along with it. He was always the emotional one, jumping before he looked, this whole persona now is not him. How could his whole personality have changed this drastically.

I wouldn't mind the funny scenes so much, if the writers would get a clue, that some of us are not so pleased with the lack of storyline he has and the dumbing down of his character.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.