Anna/Lindsay #6: Baby on Board!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 13, 2009.

1. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

I thought last nights episodes was good. I thought that Lindsay did a great job!!! I loved that they had her working with Hawks we have not seen her work with him in a long time. I thought it was so great to see her back in action again most of the time its Stella, it was like seeing season 2 lindsay again which was awsome. I thought her last scene was good she did not over do it or anything I thought it was just awsome. The look on her face and movement was very believable to me.

2. BlueRose

BlueRose Dead on Arrival

I thought last night was a great Lindsay episode. I think Anna did a Great job. I thought that when Lindsay tackled that suspect I flashed back to the first episode we saw her in which was great.

I think Anna this season is doing a great job with Lindsay's characters its awsome. I hope the writers keep up the great writing with Lindsay.

Her last scene was amzing one of her best scenes ever. She showed joy and Happyness and it was like all her fers just went away when she saw Danny standing holding their baby girl.

3. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

Wow, it´s great to see this thread so active. I haven´t read everything yet, but I just say I agree with everything:lol:
    I have to say I totally like your idea about a scene in which Lindsay´s parents find out about her marriage with Danny. That would be priceless. And not to forget the reaction of her three brothers:guffaw:
    And I especially agree with you about Lindsay and Stella. I really want to see them build a deep and trustful friendship. I have the feeling although they seem to be already pretty close they need a ´breakout´ experience to build a really, really deep friendship. I´m really hoping we´ll see more of it. I just thought if Stella still weren´t able to cope with the bar shooting it would be great if Lindsay was the one who recognizes it and who reaches out to Stella. Or I´d be totally interested in Lindsay´s reaction if Stella told her that she had sex with Adam. Ah, I now really want to see that. Please:lol:

As for last night´s episode I think it was a great Lindsay epiosde. I liked her discussion with Danny about the case. That conversation could have easily happened in season 2. There was that ´vibe´ again. And Lindsay´s ´Of course she stabbed him in the chest because she loved him`´and her face at the end of that scene were priceless.
    I also totalllllly liked that she had a lot of interaction with the other characters. Her scene with Hawkes was great. Their smiles and her ´and modest´ were too cute. Hopefully we´ll get more of it.
    And her scenes with Mac were great as well. I liked that Lindsay´s first answer was that nobody got hurt and that she tried to ´protect´ Flack.
    And not to forget the takedown scene. Finaaaaaaally we saw Lindsay in action again. It would have been awesome if she had asked Flack what happened to him, why he did freeze. I´m still hoping for a scene where Lindsay tries to comfort Flack.
    And the last scene was just perfect. Anna did a wonderful job in it.
    Like I already wrote in DL thread it seems like Lindsay finally gave vent to her bottled-up feelings of fear and desperation at that moment combined with pure joy. It was such a powerful and intense moment in which no words could convey the atmosphere better. Perfect ending.

4. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^ I just loved that she was suddenly everywhere last night :guffaw: Interacting with Flack, Hawkes, Stella, Mac, even Haylen (though we didn't see it) -- lol, it's like everything I asked for this week rolled into one :p Regarding Lindsay, anyway. Think they could've done other things better, but her I really loved.

I'm so not giving up on maybe seeing that! Well, I don't want to exactly hold my breath in case we don't, but I'll keep hoping anyway. And the tackle was great, along with making perfect sense, IMO. I don't think Lindsay wanted to shoot anyone anymore than Flack did (different reasons, of course, but have we ever actually seen her shoot someone?); but the suspect was facing away from her, didn't even realize she was there. I'd choose tackling over shooting, too, and it still makes me think she must've rough-housed a lot with her three brothers. :lol:

I love that she tried to "protect" Flack, too, only reluctantly telling Mac what happened -- and I think even Mac recognized that (what with the "people are worried" -- so far this season we've seen Stella, Mac, and Lindsay actually express this worry. Which I guess is something... doesn't make me feel like people are just ignoring Flack's pain anymore).

And if they don't give us more Hawkes/Lindsay scenes like the one from last night....lol, I can't even think of a way to end that sentence. But it'll definitely suck :p

Actually, I was surprised that I did enjoy the mini-conversation between Danny and Lindsay in the lab...I agree with the site review on "Dead Reckoning", it really highlighted the difference between those two -- how Danny's all about the impulsive emotion, Lindsay's all reason and logic. Puts her "longshot" comment to Danny in "Epilogue" in an interesting context, too, because spur-of-the-moment weddings really aren't her style, whereas Danny probably didn't think twice about it. (And if her family recognizes that, then it might've added to their possible wtf:wtf: reaction when she showed up in Montana married.) But I don't know -- I like how that contrast played into their friendship way back in Season 2, but I haven't much since then; so let's see if the writers can make me like that dimension again.

5. csinynut

csinynut Hit and Run

What i liked about Lindsay in last night episode, apart from what everybody said, is in her scene with Mac (second part) where she said something bothering you. First of all, she looked hard, it's the exact idea of what i imagined a "cop" (still not sure what her title is), especially a woman, would look after tackling and cuffing a perp. Nothing glamourous about that shot.

Her question to Mac also showed some intuitive deduction about Mac, which to me showed that she is getting a bit more secure around him, that she was aware of his "Turmoil". The fact that he answered her in the way that he did also showed that he treated her as an equal.

6. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Whoa! *faints* Man, is that thread active again! *dances like crazy* Yay!

Yes! I thought that as well. It was so fantastic to see her tackle someone again after so many episodes. And boy, action Lindsay is hot! We definitely need more of those scenes, because she rocks when she jumps at suspects, no matter how tall or dangerous they are.

Yep! That really had me squeeing. Her expression...I wanted to hug her. Pure joy and relief. I love how Anna portrayed that. In my eyes she always brings those emotions across amazingly well.

Totally! I think I said that as well somewhere (no idea where though), that there really weren't no words needed. The scene was perfect that way and she portrayed all her thoughts and feelings with her expression. A very intense scene, which fitted perfectly into this episode.

Completely agree with you. The girl wasn't facing her and also I don't know, if she had shot at her, maybe this could have also gone wrong. So I think tackling her down in a surprise moment was a good idea and we all know how good she is with tackle scenes. ;) I agree, she surely learnt that from her three brothers. :lol: I hope we get to see them one day.

:guffaw:I never saw it that way. But true, the wedding was very spontaneous, so was his first proposal. What I love is that she agreed the second time and did it (I know that rather belongs into the DL thread, but this to me shows me she really loves him as well, just like he loves her, because she agreed to do it that quickly). Now I also wanna know how her parents reacted.

Oh, interesting! I need to rewatch that scene as well. And I agree, it was a very nice scene and I love she asked him what was bothering him and that he replied.

So to sum it up, I'm incredibly happy she got so much screentime. Lindsay interacted with everyone, had an action scene with Flack and had a wonderful family moment with Danny and the baby. Yep, I'm happy here. :) Very nice episode!

7. BlueRose

BlueRose Dead on Arrival

I hope that we get more episodes like this past one this season. I just really hope that because they are using Lindsay more this season that they will give her a cool storyline because she has only had the one about her past and the Danny Storyline(which I love btw), but I would love to see somthing different this season.

8. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Right now, I'm just in the mood for more Lindsay/Sid moments. They had a whole lot of cute ones in Season 5 (I saw "She's Not There" yesterday, and was all "Yes!" when Mac said Sid and Lindsay "made a great tag team" :guffaw:), but they've all disappeared this season :(. I can't believe they're not highlighting that dynamic.

I really want another Lindsay!tackle moment, too -- they've kind of spoiled me with this one, can't help but wanting more, and it's not fair if we only get to see her tackle someone once every four years :shifty: An interesting thing is that every time we've seen her do it, she's always using the element of surprise -- the perp never knows that she's there until she's hit them. Tells me that's how she learned to use the move, so she might be used to using it on people larger than her, where she needs every advantage she could get. (Does anyone think she'd be able to take down a larger person if they see her coming? I'm iffy on that, but she did alright with that college kid in "Risk", so maybe.)

Meaning if she did use it on her brothers, chances are they're huge :lol: I dunno, I just find it funny.

9. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Me, too. I like it when she has so much screentime. ;)

You mean like:
    The discussion in Stealing Home about the crush?
    The moment in Mac's office you just mentioned?
    The discussion about how difficult it is to be pregnant/not so young anymore and how great vacations are?
    The moment when she started to cry at the sight of the victims (where Stella was there as well)?

:lol: I agree, I totally love to see them interact together. I wonder how Sid sees her; somehow as a little sister or a daughter or something?

I agree about the tackle scenes, I want to see more of those as well. It's true, they people never see her coming. :lol: I love that! I totally forgot about that scene from Risk where she 'stole' that shirt. :lol: That was fantastic as well! But really, I wonder how she learnt that. Maybe first she shot the boy with her slingshot and then she tackled them down? :lol:

I find that funny as well! And cute.

10. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

Totally agree. You really got the feeling watching two equal partners who seem to know each other very well. They both have a great dynamic.
    I anyway totally like it when she does her demonstrations with Mac as the ´guinea pig´. I think Mac wouldn´t allow Danny or Hawkes to do that with him. I´m ready to see some demonstrations again this season. :lol:
    I´m so hoping that, too. I´d like her to be somehow involved in a case, be it emotionally or for family reasons.
    So agree.
    That´s not really a Sid/Lindsay scene but I liked it when Danny said to Sid that he and Lindsay must hang around a lot together (or similar like that, I can´t remember the episode) I liked the imagination of Lindsay and Sid hanging around together after work:lol:

Oh yes, that scene was cute. I know I repeat myself but :D this is one of my favorite Lindsay episodes. We learned so much about her past and it all was wonderfully combined with the case. Her last scene with the murderer was so intense. I´d like to see her obsession for a case again.

11. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

So totally agree! Stealing Home is an episode I could rewatch like a billions of times. She had such a huge role in it. She got to work with both, Danny and Flack. She had to deal with her own thoughts about her family as she had to face this case. The moment with Sid where he told Lindsay that Danny has a crush on her was so cute as well. And her determination. We saw so much of her and learnt so much about her character. That was really brilliant.

12. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

The mile-high exchange in "Turbulence", the itching-powder/Laughing Larry moment in S4 (Stella was there too!), the worry she showed over him in "Page Turner"...:lol: They've had a series of sweet exchanges over the years, but Season 5 was definitely the goldmine. And then they just stopped! :brickwall: Well, stopped so far, but it's still infuriating.

I have to say, by far my favourite moment of theirs was in "Stealing Home", before Lindsay brought up Danny: where Sid was confused over the girl's rawhide calluses, and then Lindsay told him how her dad taught her about rawhide braiding, and then he smiled? I found that really endearing, it was definitely like a father/daughter moment right there. So I get the feeling he does see her as a daughter-figure, more than a sister anyway. Argh, I can't believe some of the things TPTB cut out of the show sometimes.

13. csinynut

csinynut Hit and Run

"I anyway totally like it when she does her demonstrations with Mac as the ´guinea pig´. I think Mac wouldn´t allow Danny or Hawkes to do that with him. I´m ready to see some demonstrations again this season."

My personal favorite was the tie scene. When she used Mac to show how the tie had been knotted (can't remember the name of the episode). Mac's face was priceless.

(sorry, still can't quote, that thing defies me:confused:)

14. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

:guffaw:Oh lol, I just got that mental image (either Danny or Hawkes doing a Lindsay-esque demonstration on Mac).

Before "Dead Reckoning", I have to admit I was kind of wondering whether Mac saw her as an equal; they've had a ton of great moments that made me think so (like in "Dead Inside", when he asked her why on earth people would anonymously send secrets anywhere; and when he asked her why she wasn't at home in "Grounds for Deception"), but other times he's just extremely indulgent, and it makes me wonder if he sees her as too much of a daughter-figure. Like, Lindsay might not be so far off base in always stressing about proving herself to him (which is something that really does un-equalize her relationship with him...especially in earlier seasons, I always got the feeling they weren't that close because Lindsay was so obsessed with proving herself to him, which meant she still thought he didn't think her that capable of handling serious stuff).

But recently, she seems to have eased up on that ... I mean, she's always been comfortable with him on some level, I think, because of the demonstrations. But lately, she doesn't seem to think the only way she can talk to him on a more personal level is by using him (and strangely, only him :p ) as her personal guinea pig. And I think that's why he's likewise starting to see her as an equal too.

Lol, okay, that was a lot about Mac/Lindsay :rolleyes:

Ack!! That's the one I forgot! :lol: I knew I was missing an extra Sid/Lindsay moment from Season 5. I wonder if they had been hanging out -- or at least, exchanging "coincidence" stories, because it did seem weird that between the two of them there was a whole stash of stories.

Seriously, this is all they'd have to give us! It wouldn't even have to be a huge, episode-long storyline...Stealing Home is still one of my very favourite Lindsay-episodes, and easily the best part of Lindsay's dark-secret storyline, and it came off amazingly. In just one episode. Other characters manage to have mini-stories that stay restricted to a single episode. It'd be beyond cool if we could see another one of those for Lindsay.

Sorry if I'm double-posting!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  15. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Whoa, okay. Let's see if I get all the conversations straight. :lol: Man, did I miss these times.

Oh, I didn't see that either!!! Gah! What happened in that scene with Laughing Larry and the itching powder?

I agree! That was one fantastic scene, really. The smile Sid gave her was so sweet and I really got this father/daughter feeling as well. I love that she told him about that and how he reacted to her. Also there is another one. Like when she said how vulnerable she feels when she sees Lilan Stanwick (the phone sex episode) and she also said something like that if there are no injuries that doesn't mean the sex happened without force. And there was a cute scene in Dancing With The Fishes where Sid gave her this stuff he found on the vic's neck. They have some amazing scenes and I want more.

That was People With Money, the season 3 premiere. What a fantastic scene! :)

:lol: But I like what you said. It really seems like she wanted to impress him a lot, but now she seems much calmer. I love those moments, like when he thanked her for coming over in Page Turner. Someone said that he seemed like he was glad she was there. I agree.

I agree, it's one of my favourites as well, and one of the very first episodes I ever saw (possibly even the first). I love that we got to see those information about her. Those emotions are always amazing.