Grade "Dead Reckoning"

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 14, 2009.

?

How would you grade Dead Reckoning?

1. A+

13 vote(s)
    18.6%
  2. A

13 vote(s)
    18.6%
  3. A-

9 vote(s)
    12.9%
  4. B+

8 vote(s)
    11.4%
  5. B

7 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. B-

8 vote(s)
    11.4%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  8. C

4 vote(s)
    5.7%
  9. C-

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  13. F

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. Kreguba

Kreguba Witness

^ T.J. Hoban Here is his IMDB page.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Thanks. :)

Gosh, he hasn't been in anything I've seen. :lol: I guess he just reminded me of someone. Though who that would be, I have no clue. :lol:

3. Mistlethrush

Mistlethrush Victim

I'll do a rough Cheers and Jeers, I think, since most of the things I noted about the ep have already been gone over.

Cheers (and this isn't going to sound right!) for Flack still wandering the dark corridors of his pain--I'm glad the writers are treating the character realistically (ie. he is not automatically okay) and double cheers for Flack not knuckling under Mac's questioning of his actions (even though Mac was right). I also didn't think that Tiny!Perp w/knife (especially in the way she was wielding the damn thing) was really that big of a threat. Still, it was a good way to show Flack's un-alrightness. Lindsay should have just shot the girl in the leg or something; she certainly had time to aim for an extremity rather than launching herself at the perp and putting herself in the same danger she saw Flack as being in.

Jeers for the case itself--snoozefest was snooze-inducing to the max. Q-tip lady who hated her gloves (no supervisor noticed this? Really? Seems like it would be mandatory.) has just opened a can of worms wherein an avalanche of lawyers should be inundating the courts with petitions to relase their clients because of evidence contamination. We probably won't hear anything more about it, though.

Cheers for Hawkes giving Danny the kick in the ass he needed and cheers for Danny for taking the advice. Jeers, however, to the writers for having Danny standing with Baby Lucy in his arms hours after his determined therapy session. I kinda think he wouldn't be able to pull off walking without support so quickly without feeling trembly and weak--that scene could have waited for another ep or two.

Cheers for it not being a totally Mac-centric episode.

Jeers for No Adam--Haylen managed to not annoy me too much, aside from that voice of hers, but Adam should have been there in some capacity.

All in all I gave it a C+. A slow episode with too many elements from other CSI eps.

4. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I gave it a B.:)

5. FieryRed

FieryRed Rookie

Hello!

I just finished watching the episode. I wasn't that excited about it I was expecting something more. I liked that finally was a bit more Stella in it! And I also enjoyed the recognition the Mac/Stella and Co got.
    I am not DL fun but I loved the cheezy ending :)
    Not much to say you have covered all :) I gave it a B...

6. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

This time in the right thread. *blushes*

I didn't get to watch that much of the episode yet, but the few things I saw I liked so far. Actually I thought the case was kinda interesting. Being one who's always been complaining that we don't have enough Lindsay in the episodes, I'm really happy she got so much screentime again. And especially that she got to interact with pretty much everyone.

Flack really has an intense storyline going here and it's nice to see they didn't drop the topic but show us how much he is affected by the events from the finale.

I was happy to see Lindsay having some action again. Am I right that this is the first time since Zoo York? Anyways, it was nice. Some running, some tackling down. Good.

I've missed the interactions between Hawkes and Danny I have to admit. I've always loved their friendship, so it's nice to see he was it who showed up at the therapy. I think Hawkes is amazing with those kick-butt-talks, so he was more than perfect for this scene.

The scene at the end of the episode I loved of course. It was a nice Danny and Lindsay moment and I'm happy we got to see Lucy again. A pretty emotional scene and I love how they portrayed it.

That's all I can say so far from the bits I got to see, but better than nothing. :)

7. michmac

michmac Hit and Run

Gave it a B+ but very close to A-.

Someone need to go over and give Flack a hug. He really needed it...

Really like the scene where Danny was holding Lucy and Lindsay standing at the door. A touching moment.

8. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

Thank you! That was the very thing that bugged me so much about this episode. How many cases might get thrown out of court now thanks to that girl? How come nobody noticed sooner that she wasn't wearing gloves? And how did Mac know just from looking at a box of swabs to check the factory?

Danny is definately walking far too soon. I did love Hawkes' talk with him though. But Danny walking into Lucy's bedroom, barefoot no less, is a bit too much to swallow.

I did like the stuff with Flack, but I agree with others who said the situation didn't look as bad as Lindsay described to Mac.

9. BlueRose

BlueRose Dead on Arrival

I thought it was a good episode.
    I think Eddie is doing a great job with Eddie's character this year.
    I thought that it was nice to see the that Hill and Carmine played off eachother. The scene they did was one of the best I have see of those two.
    Sinclair is back that was cool.
    Lindsay back in action that was awsome to see. It was lindsay having season 2 Lindsay back.
    I agree to the point to were Danny should not be trying to walk again, but like Hawks he should have been out of the chair by that point in the season. Remeber that Lindsay did mention that there was not permanent damage to his spine so I can see him trying to walk already.
    Haylen I dont know what to think of her. I do know there is somthing about her I cant put my finger on.
    Where is Adam?????????
    The last scene was so Cute. I think that Anna and Carmine did a great job in it.

10. GoodLittle Wench

GoodLittle Wench Coroner

I was bored to tears. The plot seemed so disjointed, haphazard, and not well thought out. My first inclination was that the victim was actually a woman living as a man. Probably would have made for a more interesting episode.

The scene with Danny at the end threw me off. It just seemed far too unlikely that someone who had been having such a hard time with PT would suddenly be standing on his own, balancing on his own, all while holding a baby. I am sure the writers want to speed his recovery along, but come on. A little reality would be nice from time to time.

Yet again, Lindsey is on my list of people I can't stand. :rolleyes: Yes, Flack froze. But come on. That girl was hardly the deadly threat Lindsey made her out to be to Mac. She couldn't have weighed more than 100 pounds soaking wet. And I have to agree with Flack. How much crap would he have caught if he had shot her. And now he's catching it for not shooting her. And what about Lindsey. She could have shot her. But instead made the decison to play hero, and tackle her. If the woman was the deadly threat Lindsey made her out to be, wasn't Lindsey being reckless by tackling her; instead of neutralizing the threat with a bullet to the arm or leg?

All in all, it was just not a good episode. Not the worst ever, mind you. But only because we got more of the casual Flack. And that makes up for a whole lot. ;)

11. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

yeah, it was really nice to see her getting some recognition. it may well foreshadow a change, it would be interesting if it did....

well yes, i mean, look at what happened when mac took down dean truby, we saw that unsafe evidence can have a real impact not only current cases but past ones too - it would be kind of silly if this time there was no effect at all...

by the way, i agree with all the comments about flack, lindsay and the perp - even though he wasn't firing, she was a lot smaller and only had a knife, i don't think he was quite in the mortal danger that lindsay suggested he was.

12. csiny_65

csiny_65 Dead on Arrival

I guess my beef with last night's show was the fact that it all boiled down to qtips?

Are the mysteries/crimes being solved a little TOO fast, or is it me?

So, far I am not 'feeling it' this season, to be honest. YET.

Maybe my high expectations are just that, too high, comparing it to the awesome shows from 1-5......

and, am not liking new girl, sorry.....

13. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

And he can live in a van down by the river next to Matt Foley!:lol:

I feel she is being "Shoved down my throat".

And she is the only one in the whole plant not wearing gloves "Because they make her hands sweat"? Sorry not buying THAT!

All in all it gets a C- from me and that is only because Flack saves it from getting the F it deserves. I hope the best is yet to come and I know with Terrance coming up it should get better. Having Sid helped to save the day but no Adam? If having Haylan means no Adam screen time...I want my money back:confused: I liked the fact that Flack "Blew Mac off" it was kind of good not seeming Big Mac the intimidator stealing the show. I like Mac and I like the friendship they have but maybe now he knows how it feels when Stella tries to be his friend and he just blows her off. And Sinclair? Good to see him again and I agree I enjoyed the recognition for Stella, about time. And that stupid Lindsey "Saving" Flack scene no wonder Flack had to have a drink:rolleyes: And I cant even be kind about that ending so all I will say is ..They should have given Lucy more lines.

14. Flacknatic

Flacknatic Hit and Run

The Good:
    Over all I enjoyed this episode. The Flack and Danny stuff was real good. I just want to take poor Flack in my arms and tell him it will be ok. I also like the fact that Mac is finaly realising that Flack isn't delling with the loss of Angel and that there is more going on here than he first thought. Its now doning on him that he (or someone) may have to do something about it and soon or he may have anouther dead cop on his hands. Its nice to see that the higher ups are now working with Mac and the team rather than butting heads with them. Finaly it seems they have Hawks doing more and interacting better this season (and the end of last) with the other characters. Lindsey out of the lab and doing police work is great, we haven't seen that since her first season on the show. It's great that the writers have rembered that Stella is as much in charge of this team as Mac is and its nice to see her acting as such.

Also the story didn't grate on my nerves like the past two. I enjoyed the fact that we get a resolution to the murders in this case and don't have a third serial killer in the city who will be poping up all season long till they are finaly caught at the end of the year.

The Bad:
    Haleen (or whatever her name is) is proveing in each episode that she is toataly unnecesery and usless. Expecialy the sceen at the end when she couldn't react or say anything to the greiving/angry second wife. Also I didn't see her contribute much to the team in this investigation that Adam (who was absent and surley missed) could have and would have done with more style and pazaz.

Anyway just my two cents!

15. csinynut

csinynut Hit and Run

Gave it a B-

I can't say i hated, but i can't say i loved it entirely. There was some great stuff, but there was also some things that raised my "come on " factor a lot.

I liked :

- Mia Kirshner. She was dead on and sent chills down my back.
    - Kick ass Lindsay was fun to watch.
    - Sid and corn, great mix:guffaw:
    - Flack, of course. Great subtle acting and very touching.

I didnt

- As k.Huntley said " Mac's Divine interventions are getting old, fast. And i may be wrong but wasn't he at the exact same spot in Epilogue when he figured the girl worked in the building because he saw somebody's swipecard on a desk. Gees, Mac, don't move from that place, you'll solve every case.
    - Sinclair - I dont know about this guy, he looks like a kid who stole his dad's suit.
    - Stella's DNA results were ready pretty fast, but what do i know, you know.
    - Something was off in the editing in Mac/ Lindsay scene while they were observing Flack. Mac asked Lindsay what happened, she answered. Then we cut to another scene, or maybe two, and then we're back to Mac/Lindsay and they haven't moved. Something didn't fit. Have to watch it again.
    - I don't get Hawkes at all, that's all i'm gonna say.
    - Where the hell's Adam ?

Meh !
    - The next to last scene with Heylen (can't spell that name, sorry)felt too convenient for me. But i have to say that the "new girl" didn't bug me as much as she did
    - The last scene was limit for me, between sweet and corny, with a load of corny on the side. Nice idea, almost perfectly done, but something was off. And no it wasn't Lindsay.