CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Bright Lights, Big City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Exactly. Miami is the worst offender, though CSI was about the same with their ep last season. The NY one was much, much better but overall, these stories aren't generally handled well. They're over-simplified and everyone ends up looking like a stereotype.

2. BlueRose

BlueRose Dead on Arrival

I agree.
    I was just saying thats why I think that they keep writing human trafficking storys. I think because the good guys always win it gets old somtimes. I would like to see an episode where one gets away, but its tv the whole good Vs. evil thing everyone one want to see the good guys win. If they keep doing human trafficking storys it shows that its not all rainbows and puppys in the world.

3. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

A little off topic and forgive me if this is not permissable too talk about.
    but does anyone know why you can not buy and download CSi NY episodes from Amazon any more? And can any one tell me where you can buy and download CSI NY episodes? My two cwnts worth about the "Cross overs" I think Manhatten Manhunt was pretty good, Horatio did not seem that bad in it and if I remember correctly just about everyone had a part in it.

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

iTunes carries the episode in HD and Standard Definition.

5. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

it's true, and it's not really their fault, it's the fault of the fact that these shows can only be 40 minutes long, and it's not the kind of subject that can be stretched over multiple eps, and because much of the subject matter, by its very nature, has to be omitted in prime time broadcasts. it's a real shame, because it's such a horrible subject, it needs to be brought to public attention, but there's only so much you can do with a short tv show. that said, i thought she's not there was really good - it was flawed, obviously, mainly for the reasons i've just given, but i actually thought they did as well as they could given the limitations. sadly the topic really requires a more focussed approach over a longer timescale - channel 4 (in the uk) did one a few years ago with the wondrous john simm, which was pretty good (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419365/) - but the problem with doing something like that is that because of the subject matter it has to be shown relatively late, it's not likely to make it onto mainstream channels and therefore hardly anyone sees it (channel 4 is relatively mainstream but has a history of showing slightly edgier stuff - sometimes it goes really edgy but those things tend to be shown after 11pm when few people actually watch). to make it accessible enough for something like csi, massive chunks of relevant information have to be removed - which is sad, but again, i think she's not there did pretty well with what it had to work with.

6. CCA

CCA Police Officer

The only way you could get me interested into an episode like that, if it's one of the guys like (cough) Flack (cough) but hahah I like to see dark and twisted crap happen to my character

7. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

30/09 : 6.02 - Blacklist (Featuring Hangman)
    07/10 : 6.03 - LAT 40° 47' N/Long 73° 58'W
    14/10 : 6.04 - Dead Reckoning
    21/10 : 6.05 - Battle Scars

28/10 : Rediffusion : 5.10 - The triangle

source:CBS

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

LOL, agreed... it should be one of the guys for once. :p That's one of the things that's frustrating--sex crimes are committed against men, too. Why do we never see that on the CSI shows? :rolleyes:

So there's a rerun on the 28th... presumably before November sweeps. Hopefully the eps will all be new in November, meaning 606-609 should run through that month. That makes sense given that 607 is the crossover, and 608 and 609 the resolution of the serial killer arc. And Hawkes' episode is 606--sweet! :D

9. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Ugh, for some reason I think the whole damsels-in-distress-getting-saved-by-male-dominated-team (and the occasional sympathetic female) sells; even though it's the exact same thing they always do :scream:

Actually, I'm a little surprised that CSI Vegas didn't take a more original turn with their sex-crime episodes...since Nick is maybe the only male character in the franchise who's canonically had a sex crime committed against him. I'm disappointed; they were a lot more original in the beginning of the show. What happened?

10. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

6.07 Hammer Down - Press Release

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  11. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

I'm SO not looking forward to the crossover eppy! :scream: I hate Langston, and he gets WAY too much screentime! :shifty:
    LANGSTON IS A F'CKING IDIOT!! HATE HIM!!
    (Don't worry, it's no racism thing. I just don't like him. WHY COULDN'T THEY'VE KEPT WARRICK?!?! :confused:) *rant over*

And I agree with you guys, sex trafficking is overdone :p

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

WTF, they're bringing Dave Benton from Miami? My little sister will be thrilled, but that's odd - unless maybe he's just featured in a scene where Langston and Mac call the Miami lab...

Anyway, Hill just posted this new Twitpic on Twitter: Click!. Here's the caption: "On set today shooting underwater scenes. Hawkes has to find evidence in the Hudson!"

13. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

^^^Awesome, he gets a diving scene again! I loved it when he did that in The Deep (I hope that was the title? The episode 4x02 I mean). I wonder what episode that'll be for? Whatever, he looks hot in that diving suit. Yummy!

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

This quick press release from CBS gives a bit more info about the three-way crossover:

15. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

One question: Why is Horatio calling Langston, of all people, if Catherine's the head of the team? (And unless they're back to two-case episodes on CSI, if I'm not mistaken she'll be the one leading the case?)

And if they're going to do a scene where we maybe get a video-interview with someone in Miami...can't help but wish it would be Ryan, or maybe Natalia who we'd see in the tech room...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.