Anna/Lindsay #6: Baby on Board!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

:lol: And you know what's even cooler? You inspired me for a fic in which I'll deal with exactly what we were just discussing all the time. ;) Thanks for that.

:lol: Hey, why not? Danny and Flack could babysit Lucy so Lindsay has a day to relax and she plays Guitar Hero with Adam. :guffaw: I have to say that would be a scene I would possibly fall from my chair if I ever got to see it! I agree with you that they have a funny friendship, and I wish we had gotten a scene in Greater Good where he actually took her to the hospital. I didn't think her reaction back then was rude btw, because I think if Adam kept on chatting while I've just gotten into labour, I'd also have told him to shut up. :lol: But his reaction was jus prizeless. I love it so much! I'm so glad they chose him for that scene.

I agree! As the DL shipper I am I of course am very, very, very happy about all the sweetness we get and how they interact with each other, especially this season. ;) But I really want to see scenes where we see more of Lindsay herself. Like you said, there is so much to discuss about her, because she is just a fantastic character. She is not a one sides character (if that makes any sense), there is a lot of depth in her character and I love to see them explore all those sides of her.

YES!!! Really, that would have been easy to do, like a one minute scene. That would have been incredibly funny, plus we would have seen more about how her parents are. Ah, I wish we had gotten that. Maybe we should have been yelling around here more? :lol:

Me, too, me, too, me, too! :lol: Seriously, I think the Stella and Lindsay friendship has so much potential. I wish we had a thread for them over here, it would be full of posts by us. ;) But really, I'm glad they show us how they interact again, even if it's with little scenes like the pen-pal one. I loved the scenes they shared in season 3, especially when Stella was the first one who Lindsay actually opened up to (which episode was that again? Silent Night?). I really want this sister relationship between them. I hope they get lots of scenes together. Oh! And I love how Lindsay opened up to Stella in Greater Good about what she was thinking. That was great as well.

Absolutely!!! She has those knives, lets just agree on that. :D I just can see her that way, liking knives and having her own little collection. :lol: I'm still squealing when I see that scene when she pulled it out all of the sudden. :lol: And Mac's and Danny's faces were fantastic. How about a petition to bring it back?

Yes, definitely! :lol: Great, now I have a mental image of Lindsay watching cartoons and then shooting at the annoying boys with her slingshot. I love it, and even more I love that she didn't let Danny use it because they would have been there all day. :guffaw:

Hey, you think if we say it enough times and chant a little, they'll finally listen to us and do a scene like this?:lol: Or even just a quick scene with her and her mom/dad/uncle?[/QUOTE]

:lol: Hey, we can try it, right? I mean, we're three already, we should be loud enough!

2. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Wow! Hey, no problem; it sounds like a lot of fun ;) (*is envious* Wish I could write fic well :p)

Oh LOL, that would be a double feature of coolness right there. Danny and Flack and Lucy (which I kind of want to beg/bribe/threaten TPTB to show us) plus Adam and Lindsay and Guitar Hero! You know, if they showed us this, I swear all would be forgiven between us.:lol:

Me too! I honestly don't think the scene would've worked half as well with any other character (and I was honestly doubled over laughing, both at his expression, and the way he ran off shouting back down the hall at her that everything would be alright. There were lab techs turning to stare and everything :guffaw:). See, yeah, the fact that he bothered to reassure her tells me he really didn't think she was being rude either. And they really do have the funniest friendship...I would've liked to see the hospital scene with them, too. I will settle for a babysitting scene, though, if they give us that.

It's true! I find her so interesting because of that depth (and maybe, in large part, because a lot of the depth seems to have come about by accident). It's for that very reason that she usually seems to be the only character who's still on a journey of self-discovery. Everyone else (with the possible exception of Adam) seems to know very much who they are, and if something bothers them and they react over-the-top-ly, they usually know why they're reacting that way. Even Danny, mess of emotions that he is, doesn't seem particularly surprised by his own reactions to things. Whereas Lindsay often does. It's like something will be bothering her, but she can't quite pinpoint why it's bothering her, or why she can't let it go. We've seen it multiple times -- "All Access", "Stealing Home", even a little in "Oedipus Hex" really, and somewhat in "Right Next Door". And I find that fabulous, because it's very realistic -- people can't always pinpoint exactly what's pissing them off about a situation. Again, I don't know if it comes about by accident or if Anna Belknap is consciously choosing to portray the character this way (an interview of hers I found online a few weeks back makes me think she's doing it on purpose), but I really wish the writers could take that aspect about her and run with it, and finally show her getting somewhere in that self-discovery journey. It's very interesting.

:lol: I will start shouting right now: GIVE US LINDSAY'S FAMILY!! Or just Uncle Freddie :D And show us that he's the one who got her into Whitesnake (him or her brothers). We know he at least is in New York; seriously, how hard would it be??

Oh gosh, it's almost scary how much I could think of to write on Stella/Lindsay. They have the most fascinating dynamic of any female-dynamic in the CSI franchise (including Sara/Catherine on Vegas, although they come second), just because the writers seem to consciously want these two to be friends...which they've never really focused on with any of the other female characters. I love Silent Night because Lindsay opened up to Stella, but still ran when Stella told her she had a friend :lol: It's like she badly wants her affection/friendship, but at the same time has no idea what to do when she gets it. And I do hope we get a sister-ish friendship between them -- I mean, I think Stella really does substitute the team as her family, since she's an orphan...so it's not like she's ever really had a sister either, and at times I really think she sees Lindsay as that sister. More scenes, more scenes, more scenes! And Sid/Lindsay scenes, too. It's random, but I want them :devil:

Lol, I can just see her -- if she feels uncomfortable around guns, she subs in the knives and stabs anything she feels is a threat :guffaw:Which might easily be more threatening than any gun. I will sign any petition to bring back that knife-scene from Zoo York. That was pure fun. And you could just see she was like Mac's little prodigy in that episode.

I will admit, that was a cute scene :lol: She thought she was so cool, pulling out her mad slingshot skillz -- I dunno, it was another thing I found adorably geeky about her. You can tell she's still into all those cartoons (even if she'll never tell anyone). I bet she likes comic books, too :D

I feel like we should hold up a sign :lol: And make more t-shirts. I mean, it really is sad to see characters go to waste, whether it's in movies, books, TV-shows, anything...and Lindsay going to waste may be the saddest thing in the world.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  3. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

:lol: How about giving it a try? ;) Really, it's a great way to get what you want to see. Just like how she's dealing with her past.

:lol: I bet that would be amazing! I also think that Adam and Lindsay would have loads of fun while Danny and Flack will want her to come back as quickly as possible to take care of Lucy again. :lol: But really, I like that idea a lot.

Exactly. I think back then a couple of us imagined how it would be if Adam had to take her to the hospital or even deliver the baby. And I can't tell you how hyper I got when we actually got that scene!!! :lol: I really thought he was close to fainting. What I also loved btw, was the little smile she had before she followed him. That was just too cute.

Oh! Thanks for the link, because I don't know this interview yet! How's that possible? :lol: But really, like I said before, I love how she portrays Lindsay. She's fantastic with showing her emotions, especially when she freaks out or when she is showing the humorous side or also when she's having a rough time like in Sleight Out Of Hand. I wanted to reach through the screen and hug her. I like that she makes mistakes as well, and also what you said- that she's still on that discovery trip. Which leads me to her new role as a mother. I really wonder how she reacted when she found out she was pregnant. I think she was kinda scared in regards to Danny, because of her 'I don't expect anything' (just a little note, I'm incredibly grateful they didn't make him freak out or anything but that he showed her support, and which leads me to wanting to see more screen- like how did they get to point they were at in The Triangle an episode later? Obviously they must have talked a lot, because she was much more comfortable around him then.). But I wonder how she reacted to the baby itself.

Let's keep on shouting. :lol: One day we might be successful. That would be just amazing!

I'm loving this friendship/sister relationship so much! I really agree with you here. I hope there will be loads of more moments where they'll reach out for each other. And the scene before Lindsay headed to Montana and where she talked with Sid was simply amazing, same with the Montana crush. :guffaw:

:lol: I just wanted to say then she surely stabbs bugs as well, but I think she would rather eat than stab them. :guffaw: Which was another scene that I totally adore. She is one awesome country girl.

*squeals* That is too fantastic for words! But I agree. And who knows, possibly Lindsay was much happier about the comic Danny read than the baby. :guffaw:

:lol: Yes! *runs to make signs and t-shirts* If we made a list of what we want, it'd be really long. Did you manage to find the weapon list?

4. csinynut

csinynut Hit and Run

-Oh gosh, it's almost scary how much I could think of to write on Stella/Lindsay. They have the most fascinating dynamic of any female-dynamic in the CSI franchise (including Sara/Catherine on Vegas, although they come second), just because the writers seem to consciously want these two to be friends...which they've never really focused on with any of the other female characters. I love Silent Night because Lindsay opened up to Stella, but still ran when Stella told her she had a friend :lol: It's like she badly wants her affection/friendship, but at the same time has no idea what to do when she gets it. And I do hope we get a sister-ish friendship between them -- I mean, I think Stella really does substitute the team as her family, since she's an orphan...so it's not like she's ever really had a sister either, and at times I really think she sees Lindsay as that sister. More scenes, more scenes, more scenes! And Sid/Lindsay scenes, too. It's random, but I want them :devil:-

Hey guys, sorry to barge in like that. Just thought i'd share a little.

I, too, really enjoy the Lindsay/Stella scenes. I find them fascinating to watch. Both characters are tentative and hesitant to let their guards down, i truly see genuine affection toward each other. Let's face it, they both have a lot of bagage to carry (lindsay's friends being killed, Stella's psycho lover, etc...). I think it's fun to watch them "dance" around each other, although it might not have been intentionnal from TPTB at the beginning, they're not exactly subtle sometimes.

When you survive a traumatic event, you tend to shut down and turn inward and look at the world from a distance. To some extent both Stella and Lindsay did/do that. Stella has this whole big sister/loving and nurturing persona that she relies on to deal with others. Apart from Mac, is their anybody she can talk to, i mean really talk to. When you put yourself in that role, nobody sees your pain. For Lindsay, she still stuck, sometimes in that glass house watching the world go by. I think she and Danny are in a good place because of the baby, but that doesn't solve all her "problems"

Sorry, about the spelling, if i could this in french, it would be flawless.:)

Sorry, the quote thing didn't work.

5. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

That's very true. What I love is what you mentioned- they know how it feels like to be in such a situation, and I think what Maya and I discussed earlier (that Lindsay could reach out to Flack because she knows the signs) also counts for Stella and Lindsay, which possibly was the reason why it was Stella who tried to make Lindsay open up in Silent Night. Because she knows what such a traumatic experience can do to you. And I really wonder if Lindsay went to Stella after All Access.

6. csinynut

csinynut Hit and Run

I'd like to think she did. But I'm not sure. She probably wasn't that secure to go to Stella and show her support. Of course, this is all speculation, but when you shut yourself out, even the simple act of showing that you care about somebody takes on "immense dimensions". Showing that you care makes you vulnerable.

Maybe Lindsay's reaction in All Access was the extent of her willingness to put herself out there at that moment. But it makes me smile, that Lindsay might have shown her support to Stella in a more profound way.

I think Lindsay is the one character that could reach Flack, anyway from what we've seen up to now. I know they have scenes together Dead reckoning, we can only hope.

7. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Yep, I agree. I'd like to see that, and my fingers are crossed.

I agree that it would have been fantastic if she went to see how Stella was after what happened with Frankie. And I also wonder if Stella went to see Lindsay after what she told her in Silent Night. I love this friendship so much! Let's say I ship Danny/Lindsay as a couple and Lindsay/Stella as friends. :lol:

8. v*a*l*y

v*a*l*y Victim

I was curious me too, it would've been very interesting to see her reaction

i think it will be a great episode for either :thumbsup:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  9. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Ack! I leave for a couple hours and conversation's exploded! *cheers* Hang on, I'm gonna try catching up:

Lol... I so don't know about that :alienblush::lol: Just 'cause even in high school I hated creative writing (people were soooo critical :p); I'm hoping maybe just discussing it/her enough times will get TPTB to show us what we want to see.

Hahaha, true, I have to admit while Danny seems very capable of taking care of Lucy (or he did in "Grounds for Deception", haven't really seen him with her since), dunno so much about Don. I'm not sure kids are his forte, and I can just picture him going nuts till Linds gets back :guffaw: I'd still pay to see it, though! While Adam and Lindsay rack up the scores at Guitar Hero (her with a Whitesnake song! I'm getting overexcited again).

So many things about that little scene were just perfect -- the look on his face when she told him she was in labour; the little smile, yeah, and the fact that it was Adam to drive her (lol, that must've been the most hilarious drive to the hospital. Even Hawkes and Danny's drive to the hospital had me laughing; I wish I'd been a fly on the car windshield when Lindsay and Adam were on their way there). And I'm so glad that people here asked for it! Wow, that's amazing -- I wonder if they'd've otherwise gone the route of having Stella drive Lindsay to the hospital.

I wish they'd shown us more of Lindsay's own reaction to the baby -- I guess I understand that since it was already very obvious that she'd decided to keep it, Danny's reaction was probably the bigger question mark to answer; but it still would've been nice to see how Lindsay reached the decision to keep Lucy. Did she tell anyone else before she told Danny? Was there ever a moment when she wondered if she shouldn't keep Lucy? I wanna know! *cries again*

I just watched "Page Turner" and "Green Piece" a few days ago, and I was struck by the Sid/Lindsay interaction in both -- the whole "Mile High" interaction made me laugh, and I think they're fond of each other too. It'd be so nice to get deeper insight on that relationship...there are times when he responds to Lindsay so much like a granddaughter, and others where it kind of seems like she's the one indulging him. They need to show us exactly what's going on there.

ETA: Whoops, sorry, "Mile-High" conversation was in "Turbulence", not in Page Turner. But Page Turner was still sweet in terms of Sid/Lindsay too -- the way she ran to the hospital "as soon as she'd heard" about Sid :D And she was so concerned when she was looking in through the window at him! (Oh, and Mac's little pat on the back when she arrived was very cute too...you could see that he was glad she'd come.) She may not be tight with many of them, but she visibly cares about all her teammates.

Ooh, the bugs, I almost forgot :lol: Yeah, that was definitely out of the mainstream -- I love how matter of fact she was about just chowing down on those things. She had to have been that playground kid who ate bugs. :D

I maintain that that was a huge reason she agreed to let him read over her stomach in that scene in the first place :lol: I mean, how hard would it have been to work and process evidence with him hovering like that? She had to have been enjoying the comic book herself.

*prepares to form a picket line* I found the weapon list!! Dammit, I can't believe I forgot about that bow-and-arrow thing she was using in "Stuck on Me" (anyone want to bet she ran out and bought one for herself that same day after work? ;) She was so excited about it).

Hey, it's definitely no problem! Welcome! Barge away! *hug* The thing about Stella and Lindsday is that I've never seen two people who seem to like each other that much, just...not quite be friends. They do both seem pretty tentative around each other -- Lindsay especially, though I think Stella has her own issues which prevents her letting in Lindsay (or many other people except Mac, really) completely. The dance is fun to watch! It's always like "is this going to be what makes them friends? What are they going to find out about each other this time?" I think it really is a special storyline TPTB have undertaken (even if they didn't initially plan to when they wrote either Stella's or Lindsay's character), and that it's going to eventually be during one major crisis that they look at each other and realize they actually have become friends without realizing it.

That's very true -- Lindsay's reason for shutting down was very evident; and Stella in some ways did shut down after the Frankie thing (and since this shootout in 6.01, she seems to have blocked things/people out even more -- even Mac, somewhat). And while I think she is very close with Flack too, it more often than not seems like he's the one who would come to lean on her (um, if Flack ever leaned on anyone, that is :lol:) rather than the reverse -- he did amazingly in "All Access", but it was ultimately still Mac that Stella turned to somewhat for personal comfort. And I think that's good that she has someone like Mac to talk to -- I mean, even if Stella and Lindsay became super-tight, I can't imagine Stella telling Lindsay some of the things she'd tell Mac, just because Stella views her very much as a little sister (and no matter how close you are to your little sister, there are just some things that you can't tell them).

I am keeping my fingers crossed like nuts for Flack/Lindsay interaction in "Dead Reckoning". But as for Stella and Lindsay in "All Access", I too doubt that Lindsay actually did go to Stella after work; I think she just let the worry eat her inside out, but didn't feel secure enough to go to Stella -- because she may not have known whether Stella (who she'd only known for months by that point) would even want her there. And that's the thing with Lindsay -- she did the same with Danny, imo, in Season 4 -- she always badly seems to want to reach out to people and support them when they're in trouble, but doesn't seem to think they'd want her to. And that creates the wall, because it makes people think she's emotionally unavailable, I think. We saw her break down that wall with Danny in "Epilogue" (even though for a second, it looked like she'd be unable to do it); so I'm hoping if Stella does crack later in Season 6, Lindsay will likewise find the ability to be there for her this time. She always seems to do better the second time around! :lol: Which is something else that's very realistic about her -- ideally, people would learn before they make the mistake. But more often than not, people have to make the mistake and suffer the consequences before they can learn from it.

Oh, and,

I think so too! :) I don't think TPTB can be oblivious to how many people are looking forward to it, so I hope they don't disappoint.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  10. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i like what everyone has been saying about Lindsay.

Lindsay is a very dynamic character: she's a nerd, she's sucks emotionally sometimes, she gets scared, etc.

i can totally picture Lindsay and Adam playing Guitar Hero together. Adam brings out the nerdy, fun side of her. all their scenes together are always so funny and fantastic to see. i can actually picture Danny, Flack, and even Hawkes getting in on some Guitar Hero action too lol.

i find Lindsay to be incredibly frustrating at times with her emotions. the writers have made her such a mess emotionally they've turned this potentially phenomenal character into a rollercoaster. if the writers can find a balance with Lindsay on the emotional and make her be able to connect and be there for people easier than that would make her a better character.

it does seem though that the writers are on their way to bringing back the Lindsay we fell in love with. so far this season she seems more confident in herself, she gave Danny her tough attitude that we haven't seen in so long, and she even seems to be walking a bit taller and more secure. i think it's coming down to that she seems to be finally settled with her life, she got the guy and has a baby with him, her past with her friends isn't so much of a battle anymore, and she's got the team as her good friends now who are like family.

there's so much that can be done with Lindsay this year. i like the idea of her possibly trying to comfort Flack since they have a good relationship. that would be a great scene. everyone is kinda crumbling around Lindsay and now it seems like she could possibly be the one who's the tall one.

Lindsay is a great character. with some more work done to the character she could be even greater.

11. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

She is such a nerd :lol: Seriously, the things she seems to think are cool would make me :rolleyes: with anyone else, but I can't help but find it endearing. (I bet she'd be into "Second Life" the way Adam is, if she'd known about it sooner -- remember how she seemed to think that water-gun game in Fare Game "sounded like fun"?) And yes, she does suck a lot when it comes to emotions -- she's always failing at getting the right response when it comes to people, but you can always see her try to get it right anyway...that's what's made me very sympathetic. It's like she's a typical guy, really. And she's very corny too -- I have to admit I was cringing at her "10% chance" lines in "Epilogue", but they were really no different than her "I had a dream" lines in "Snow Day", so that was IC. In general, I guess I find her a very recognizable, relatable character.

I agree, a lot about Lindsay's emotional depth seems to have come about by accident -- like the writers are trying to take her in one direction, and AB's trying to take her in another direction, then the writers are trying to follow that direction while keeping with their original plans for the character, and on top of all that she's a Mary Sue :rolleyes: She's arguably been a very choppy character; not well written at all. To be honest, I think it's a miracle that she's managed to come off as dynamic to so many ... and I think that in large part comes down to the actress. I mean, CSI: NY's other Mary-Sue-ish characters tend to come off as just flat-out annoying, imo.

I'm hoping we see the old Lindsay soon too! I think they can bring her back -- these past few episodes, she's reminded me a lot of the way she was back in S2 -- and even in the beginning of S3; beginning of S4, and even a little the beginning of S5...until her character's personality was eaten by the DL storylines in every one of those seasons :shifty: (imo, of course I know not everyone agrees :lol:) I just want her to be an individual again and stay that way this time. And yeah...maybe now that they've finally settled on DL, they can focus on centre-ing Lindsay's character without having to worry about making it fit with the newest drama.

I would love to see that! I mean, I think Lindsay has reason to be under enough stress of her own, but she does seem to be holding up pretty well regardless, and that may be something they're doing on purpose...so that maybe she can be the strong one. Well, I just really want to see the Flack scene :p I'll be more than happy with that.

12. csinynut

csinynut Hit and Run

You know i really like the fact that Lindsay is not perfect, that she has flaws. That she has to work on herself to open up. That the effort is apparent, that she blows up, that she walks out on people. That she can be a bitch sometimes. That's something that's really reaching me. I understand that season 4 and 5 werent the greatest for Lindsay in terms of story and characters developpment, but despite that she remained one of the reason i still watch the show (flack and stella are the others characters i really like and Adam is slowly getting there). I'd rather watch somebody who's flawed and struggling to make it, then somebody who has all the answers. Whats the fun in that.

13. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^ Yeah, there is very little fun in watching someone who's already got themselves entirely figured out and has all the answers. It's why I think Lindsay draws so many of the fans she does -- there are aspects of her character that are very recognizable in a lot of the people I've met in real life. I liked Season 4 (at least, the first half of it) a lot -- in terms of the way they were presenting Lindsay's character, she reminded me of S2!Lindsay with a less-harsh exterior...she was really bouncy and funny (making me laugh almost every episode, although I have to say "Boo" disappointed me a little) :lol: The very beginning of Season 5 was also good in terms of Lindsay's character, imo (I thought they were finally taking the Flack/Lindsay and Adam/Lindsay [and even Sid/Lindsay] dynamics somewhere interesting), until the baby drama kind of overtook all that. But I hope they can bring back all those interesting parts of her we saw in those seasons, this season, and this time keep them. Because she's just a very fun character to watch.

14. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i'll agree that flawed Lindsay is really good. i like flawed characters they tend to be my faves (Meredith Grey and Sara Sidle for example, i love them).

Maya i like how you brought up that it seems the writers are trying to take Lindsay in one direction and Anna is trying to take the character in another. it makes sense and now that you brought that up i can see it.

i tune in mostly for Danny and Lindsay.... as a couple and as individual characters. i always look forward to seeing what Lindsay is going to do in an ep who she's interacting with and what her mood is going to be like (haha). she's the character that do a scene with all the other characters and the scene is awesome b/c like we've all been saying she can be nerdy, serious,funny, and informative as well (love all the times she's given Mac and Stella some info those scenes crack me up).

the season is still new there are still, what, about 20 eps left at an hour a piece..... there's plenty of time for the writers to get Lindsay back on track and even more awesome.

15. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Wow, so the thread is really active- the way it has to be. ;) I also love about Lindsay that she is not perfect. I think it really is a reason why people like her; they can relate to her. I mean, who is a perfect 'Know it all' kind of person? No one. It's also always fun to see what she's going to do next, especially of some comments she makes. :lol: Yesterday I got to see episode 6 of season 5 (what was the title again?) and she made this comment about that she had bad sex before but didn't kill the man. :lol: Those and all the other comments she makes, plus her demonstrations and her way to start when she got some news (like when she asked Stella if she had a pen-pal) make her scenes so much fun and so different from the others.

Same here. I enjoy Danny and Lindsay as a couple and as individuals. Like I said above, her scenes are always up for a surprise or for some fun, and I love that about her, also that she has great chemistry with the whole team. My hope still is that she gets to lead a case. That she says what to do and that she is the one in charge. That would be amazing to see and I know she would be fantastic with that.