Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

that's his hand all right.

Wow. I am so glad no one is around me right now at work...little tears running down my face. I love these pictures....my heart has officially broken and turned to mush.

2. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

I think there are a few kisses in between those shots!!:)

I can't wait for next Monday!

3. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I posted that LA Times says Eric will be in tonight's episode...What do you all think? Will he or won't he? If he will be, what do you think he and Calleigh will be reacting?? Will they have eye contact? Will there be a smile? Any words??

I don't know if it is true he's appearing, but his name is on the press release for the ep too...

As for next week, I can't wait to see what words they exchange in that locker room. Those are tears of joy (I hope :rolleyes:)

Hey, sign the official yahoo group petition below at Facebook to bring Eric back in Season 9. Just click on my signature and join the FB group!

4. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Jennifer thank you for posting these lovely pictures.:thumbsup:
    At least one good thing today.

I'm pretty sure they are not breaking up in these pictures. It definitely doesn't look that way. I don't think they would be hugging and looking at each other the way they do on these photos if they were breaking up. It's a little sad of course, but not in a bad way. At least I hope so. They worked so long together that it's obivious how hard it will be for them to part after so many years of wonderful cooperation. Not to mention working together means spending more time with each other. And given their work hours it's something important too.

I don't think Eric will be in tonight's episode, so I'm not looking forward for this episode. Actually I'm rather waiting for the next one.;)
    I'm very curious about their conversation in the locker room. And depending on how it goes I'll decide if I'll watch Miami regularly or just the epiosdes with Eric in it:confused:.
    And if Eric will be in tonight's episode then it'd be a nice surprise.

5. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well how about some lines for thoose pictures.

Eric: They wouldn´t clear me for work.........don´t cry, Call. Mayby it was for the best. They would not have let us work together anyways.
    Call smiles at Eric and tears fills her eyes.
    Eric: Don´t cry my love. Now we will be together and that means more to me then work.

They hug. He leaves.

Second Fanfic by Ajbuckly.

to clairemitch... Welcome to clan...In here you will find some of the most caring and kind Miami fans outthere.

6. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Ok, so I just finished watching the epi, well, kind of;
    -VirGodess, sorry to disappoint you... No Delco :(
    -In have to be honest, I only watched the scenes with Calleigh, and she looks BEAUTIFUL :drool: !
    -the writers are trying very hard to show a very compassionate, likeable Jesse; soon he'll be shown with a halo around his head :rolleyes:!
    - And what's with putting Calleigh with Jesse most of the time? I think in the entire episode, she only had 3 mini ( and I mean VERY tiny) scenes without him :shifty: .Tptb, I have news for you: no matter how nice you try to paint the newbie, HE'S NOT DELCO! You can never replace him!
    -Anyway, a Hiphuggerless episode... need I say more? :scream:

7. restless-mess

restless-mess Witness

Hi all! Its been like, two months since my last post... hahaha.

I missed reading the E/C thread, and I am glad to come back to this potentially great news! For a while there, i totally thought they were going to ruin they're relationship, so I stayed away from the threads, cause I would've been too tempted to read spoilers and i was afraid they would suck !! :(

So MANY thanks for posting those pictures!!!! :)

8. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Goodday to clan

For some odd reason I can´t open the spoilerboxes. But found this:
    "Alexx Woods and Eric Delko return to help the CSIs stop a deadly outbreak in Miami."

When did he officially go anywhere?:confused:.

He is on medical leave but retruns and can work when someones gets sick? At least we know it is not Call. So his new work is CSI - temp:guffaw::guffaw:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  9. Maria-EC

Maria-EC Hit and Run

I just finished watching the episode, and I already miss Eric Delko!! I loved Calleigh in the episode.. but I always love Calleigh so it didn't really surprise me.

Anyhow, I can't wait for the next episode!

Here is the promo! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ67-fvVb0M
    I can't wait!

10. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

I just watched the promo...omg, I going going to cry when I see this episode!:(:( I already have tears in my eyes...

Just watched the episode...is it just me, or does Cal look a bit sad in the episode? like between her scenes with Jesse and Ryan as soon as she stopped speaking, she looked as if she is going to cry...hmmm

and I totally agree with you D&D, they keep putting Jesse and Cal in the same scene its silly, Jesse is a lovely guy but he will never replace Eric and DONT even think about pairing them up cos you will get a LOT of angry fan mails!

I miss Eric....

So from the promo we can basically be sure that they are NOT breaking up cos Cal said 'he's got to figure out what he's doing...so he is leaving CSI'....not 'so we are breaking up'
    it was heartbreaking watching Eric walking away from Cal tho!!! I just want him to suddenly turn round and give Cal a BIG kiss and sweep her off her feet and say 'only kidding Cal! do you think i'd leave you behind?? we are getting married in Vagas today honey!'

E/C forever!!!!

11. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Heartbroken is pretty much how I am going to feel for the next week :(

I didnt like that they kept pairing Calleigh up with Jesse in last night's episode and maybe she was a little distracted last night. Hopefully she is thinking about what her & Eric were gonna do that night :devil:

Next week is really going to suck!
    I can tell you know that I will be in tears because just seeing him walk away is going to be painful enough. I know that he's gotta do what is right for him and that all roads will lead back to her but its not going to be an easy road for Calleigh to walk alone. For so long they have been working together and they have always had each others backs. I just hope that when he does come back to her it is with a ring in one hand and flowers in the other. I love these two to death, please give us the proper ending.

12. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

D&DAddict - It was sad not seeing him :( I do agree with you that Calleigh looked so beautiful last night. I think they should have used that outfit, hair, & makeup for the 97 episode because she looked about 10 years younger and fit.

I am really heartbroken over next week's episode and now all I could do is count down the days until we finally see it. I truly don't think its a breakup moment either, just her sad to see him leave the place they shared so much together, became friends, and fell in love... It has to be tough to watch him walk away, but she knows she has to let him do it and not talk him out of it. Learned from experience when he went and rescued his dad that he's going to do what he wants and there's no stopping him.

On a good note, yes, he's leaving CSI, but he'll be back for more episodes and I'm just curious as to how they will write him in after this departure. I know for sure its not over..maybe we will get an "I love you and support your decision" from Calleigh and that's why they hug so tightly.

He needs to figure things out and if this is his way, she has to let him go and do it....he's got 7 more episodes, so lets see what they have in store for our favorite couple.

Dear TPTB:
    It would utterly SUCK if you break them up now. Adam has 7 more episodes this season, so make the most of our couple!! Don't disappoint!

Sincerely,

EC Shipper

13. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

QUOTE=VirGodess1923;1004346]D&DAddict - It was sad not seeing him :( I do agree with you that Calleigh looked so beautiful last night. I think they should have used that outfit, hair, & makeup for the 97 episode because she looked about 10 years younger and fit.

I am really heartbroken over next week's episode and now all I could do is count down the days until we finally see it. I truly don't think its a breakup moment either, just her sad to see him leave the place they shared so much together, became friends, and fell in love... It has to be tough to watch him walk away, but she knows she has to let him do it and not talk him out of it. Learned from experience when he went and rescued his dad that he's going to do what he wants and there's no stopping him.

On a good note, yes, he's leaving CSI, but he'll be back for more episodes and I'm just curious as to how they will write him in after this departure. I know for sure its not over..maybe we will get an "I love you and support your decision" from Calleigh and that's why they hug so tightly.

He needs to figure things out and if this is his way, she has to let him go and do it....he's got 7 more episodes, so lets see what they have in store for our favorite couple.

Dear TPTB:
    It would utterly SUCK if you break them up now. Adam has 7 more episodes this season, so make the most of our couple!! Don't disappoint!

Sincerely,

EC Shipper
    [/QUOTE]

From the promo....her line seems to / or should be what starts the lockerroomscene. He explains to her(and viewers) why he does XXXX and then we get the hugs....IF we don´t get any kissings it is just be course they are at work.
    They should not logically break-up but - hey - this is Miami.....And monday will show if they tri up Call to off-screen character.
    IMHO they are on a odd and lonely road to the end. Jesse is nice and caring character as someone said _ "he should have a halo over his head by now". Showrunners might even try and reprise the banter between Speedle and Eric with Ryan and Jesse. Can anyone say: Copy - cat....LOL?

But he is at the moment not a teammember he is the character everyone is teamed up with. Mainly Call. or H. They tried some teamspirit with the drinkingscene but was that to show new interaction between exisisting characters or to show exsisting characters close bond to new character? :rolleyes:
    Ryan´s not-knowing about cougaraction seems off even to fans of the character. But showrunners wouldn ´t in a million years have the new character comming off as ......That is so disprespectfull to Ryan - charcater. But who else? Not H.
    IMO But Jesse has to have an intro...so I am split there. BTW- go see tallyboard for lastest episode.

He is also goodlooking(Hotbod;)) and charming
    But he is NOT Eric. IMO the show is regressing to basic as they annonced over the summer. No characters in any shape or form showing any evolment since the begining. And they are all "free" and could be replace into other storylines. Time will tell if fans are ready to reinvest in new storylines for the characters and if fan base leaving can be replaced with new viewers.

On other topic about a other show Top41 said:
    At the end of the day, after five, seven, nine years on the air... people want to see character-driven stories as much as they want inventive mysteries. With so many procedurals on the air, the characters are ultimately what distinguish each of the shows, and what inspire loyal fans.

Neadless to say: I completely agree. You know I am a gonner now Eric is leaving. I stayed on show because of Call and her storyline with Eric. Call will still be Call. Emily is a beautifull and talanted actress. But I am/was past that now...I wanted the Call in the storyline with Eric. IMO Adam gave a fantastic performance from the time he was shot for the first time and throughout this loveaffair.
    For fellow hiphuggerclans it shouldn´t be a surprise I didn´t like Eric in his "cleared for landing" days. As a female.....I was completed surprised that fellow females didn´t wish for a better man for Nat.....Given her personal backstory which might no have been public back then. But for her to end up with a guy who "Clears her for landing".:confused:. So not a huge Eric -fan back then

Showrunners will be forced to reintro some lovestoryline again. They allways do. H will have his annual affair with someone. And then they usually have Call in some too. And Eddie will get someone, so he can show off his loving side too. AND this is where I draw the line.....Going through all that AGAIN!!!! We have been there and done that. So please allow a loyal and caring viewer to go::scream:.

I am baffled when other just as loyal fans as I see that as good....Regression and re -doing things we have seen 7 times over....So we are going to do that untill every fan get their storyline or what??? Fixed character to a schematic set- up might be easier to write, but it is not for me. After watching for so long I like layed characters and development.

With Eric and Call we finally had something to set this show apart. Eric and Call was/is not Danny and Lidsey on/off thing. Eric and Call was/is not Sara and Grissom with their affection for each other often clouded by darker tones that is LV. I am not quite sure whether or not it is a premise for the shows to maincharacters involved but all three shows have.

Eric and Call storyline keept in touch with showpremise. The more golden and light tone that is Miami.

Eric and Call was development of characters and show ....Moving forward and not regressing...Forcing show to evolve instead of re - doing things.

I often wonder, if I would have felt the same way with....hmm...Ryan and Call...or Eric and Valera...I probably go for Ryan and Call because I was a Call - fan. BUT show took a different turn....and Adams acting skills were amazing. Of all the characters I actually think he showed the most development and Adam had the skills to back that up 100%
    Hmf....I can tell I am just writting as thoughts comes to me. BUT I am suddenly getting very ...hmf...

To conclude: I am allow to rant and ramble as I am left here alone ...:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:.

No seriously.....For me it was never a question of one character over another. It was about show moving forward. I didn´t buy into Call -Hagan and Call -Jake as showrunners never IMO allow Call to evolve and explore her emtions. Blame it on her childhood/her dad. It was the Ericcharacter that did it for me. Now we get more Call emtion that we ever had......
    Amazing the way showrunners was able to evolve Eric character from playerguy appose to Speedles big brother and the modernday Eric layed mature, emotional without being wimpy, in love NOT in sexed. Brillient....

So press the repeat button ....we are going back to basic.....I wonder who they team/love up next.:rolleyes:

Back to my joyfull and play - nice self again.

Lockerroomscene: Wow does she look gordious and beautifull and wow - could a hug be so fantastic and emotional and a bit :drool:. If they meet up later...I wonder what they do;).....Hurray...
    [

14. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I don't know how many times I watched that short promo from 8.05, and I'm at work :rolleyes:! And every time I watch it I tear up ! It's sooooo sad! :(
    The look on Cal's face as she watches her lover turn away from her and leave... I hate seeing her cry :(. Just writing about it right now brought tears to my eyes. Why am I being so emotional about this? I'm seriously heartbroken! I have mixed feelings about next week's episode; I can't wait to see it, but, at the same time, I know it'll be the last hiphuggers' scene this year :scream:! How are we gonna cope without our "hiphuggers' fix" for the next few months :confused:!
    Aj, you and I agree on everything all the time, except now: you can call Jesse a pretty boy if you'd like, but the word "HOTBOD" belongs to Eric only :guffaw:!

15. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi Sweetie..:)

That is because in my book....He is a real man (above and beyound a Hotbod) Which remindes me...He looks fantastic in that new movie too. And that character should be prince of love, soooo Eric to me:guffaw::guffaw:

There is an old song....with Salt n´´Pepa and Envogue....called "What a man" (I think) --Now see that is Eric to me...:drool::drool::thumbsup:.

Mayby a Eric -fan would make a vid for me with that song? Please....but do make the E/C first.:thumbsup:

BTW. Thanks for posting the promo,Maria-EC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.