Has anyone else took an instant dislike to Haylen?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by lilmzhappy, Sep 25, 2009.

?

Di you like Haylen?

Poll closed Oct 26, 2009.
  1. Yes

23.1%
  2. No

76.9%
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I agree with this. I really wanted to like her because I do think AJ and Sarah look cute together (that video where he was showing her around the set was too cute), but not under these circumstances. The character is way too pushy and even a bit egotistical. :lol: While it's great to believe in yourself and know what you want and all, they are taking it a bit too far with the character. It's really upsetting cause I was hoping to like her... but they need to give her a serious attitude adjustment before I end up totally disliking her. Right now I'm at a bit annoyed by her. :lol:

2. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I just love her even more now :D I lLOVED her in 6.03. She isn't behind Adam's job. She just wants her own chance. It made me wonder if only Lab Fame is the reason she wants to work there or if it is related to her secret. We know she keeps insisting but we don't know why. Except if you believe her words
    Besides i liked very much she feels a lot of respect for Mac and Mac likes how she tried over and over again.

Sarah rocks! :D (besides to have around makes Adam funnier! :D )

3. Wolverine_Eagle

Wolverine_Eagle Prime Suspect

i am very undecided on her character... at first i hated her... i mean wtf was she thinking dressing like she did in the first episode... and this week's epi.... eh...

4. rockyshadow

rockyshadow Hit and Run

There are eight lead characters on the show and even some of them are gyped out of screen time every week. They didn't need Haylen and never should have included her in the series. I hope her character gets mixed up in something and is relieved of duty fairly quickly.

5. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

Not a fan of Haylen.

6. csiny_65

csiny_65 Dead on Arrival

Ok, sorry, but new girl is not rubbing off on me whatsoever. I do not think she was needed, there are plenty of cast members now. Her voice really gets on my nerves, and her attitude, in my opinion, is 'miss know it all'.
    I do not think I will ever warm to this character, not like when Lindsey/Anna first arrived. Her whole demeanor, the way she came on the scene, and her 'you need me' scenes with Mac last week were, to me, 'oh come on, you think you are the best thing to happen to this lab'.

Add that to the fact that I still miss not only Angell, but Aiden too. I think they are making a huge boo-boo here with her coming on here.
    I just question, what are they thinking over there?

Sorry..not sure my opinion of her will change as the season goes on.

7. Mistlethrush

Mistlethrush Victim

I didn't like the way Haylen (what kind of name is that, anyway?) was foisted onto the lab crew by virtue of being an whiny pest who OMG has a forensics degree. Mac, who takes his department very seriously suddenly hires her after what, 10 seconds of thought? Oh, and Haylen magically comes up with a way to to get around department budget cuts---oooh, how convincing.

Put all that together with her grating voice and I see a pretty unendearing character.

8. csiny_65

csiny_65 Dead on Arrival

I was thinking, like what the H*** Mac, you want HER in your lab?To be honest, I wanted to reach through my tv and shake him....
    That was like a well, duh moment for me, to be honest. What was he thinking?

Not sure what is going on in CBS or CSI land, that they thought they needed to bring in someone else, so soon. In my view, use the amazing group you already have there.

At least Lindsey, for me, and many others it seems, was a likeable person when SHE came.

I think a lot of people make either a negative or positive first impression in their first few minutes or whatever....not only on tv, but in real life.....

and then, you get a certain 'vibe' as to how that person is. And it is hard to change that after,perhaps..

Well, to be honest, the vibes I got when I watched the new person, not all that impressive to me. So I cannot see myself warming to the character anytime soon, to tell the truth.

As I said, there are plenty of great people there already. Let THEM have more screen time.

9. csinynut

csinynut Hit and Run

I can't say that i disliked her instantly, but i kind of felt annoyed when she was there. Especially in Epilogue. To me she seemed like a plot device to shake up Adam's character.

It's like the TPTB decided that Adam was getting way to secure in his place at the lab. All his coworkers had given up vacation time for him, he was starting to go out on crime scenes, and his scenes with Mac were interesting in the sense that he was getting more comfortable, less nervous.

She is not a fully fleshed out character yet. So i guess i'll wait a little. I did say that she looked like Pamela Anderson in a lab coat, :lol: with the blond hair artfully placed on her chest. So maybe i'll have trouble take her seriously.

10. lilmzhappy

lilmzhappy Witness

hey guys,
    okok i have to admit im slowwwwwwlyyyyyyyy warming to Haylen. But if she gets my Adams job i will hate her with a vengence. However if AS dam gets promoted and she gets his job i will be ok.

11. BlueRose

BlueRose Dead on Arrival

I dont know what I think about her yet. She's not that bad, but shes not great either!! I just hope that she has the job that it means we see less of Adam cause thats not cool!!

12. CiaraCobb

CiaraCobb Hit and Run

I gotta agree with RockyShadow. They under-use people like Hawkes, Sid and Adam enough already, adding in someone else to detract from their available screentime makes me cranky. Add to that, she's muscling in on Adam's turf...did you see her in the AV room this most recent episode? She better not get too comfy behind those screens...

I love the actress, don't get me wrong, she gave us one of the hottest moments ever on Smallville and I thank her for that, but she just doesn't work for me in this show.

13. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

I absolutely agree with you, the lab seems too crowded now with another addition, even without Haylen there´s enough personal stuff going on with each character, how do TPTB think they´re going to pack it all into the episodes without the one or other character suffering of less screen time? And I´m nice enough not to blame it on Haylen taking Adam´s screen time last week, maybe AJ was just busy elsewhere and needed time off.
    Haylen´s character isn´t really interesting or appealing yet, though she wasn´t so arrogant last week, but still she´s pretty much one-dimensional, not having much profile. I hope TPTB don´t stretch her story with the secret all through the whole season and I hope she won´t become a regular in the end.

14. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I agree with you Andromeda, she is sort of flat and one-dimentional.

She comes across very bossy and assertive. Not that there is anything wrong with that in a woman, but somehow she didn't pull it off. And if what we know about her character, she's hiding a 'dark secret.'

So far, she hasn't made the impression to me that she can pull of a 'dark' storyline. Maybe she'll get better as it goes, but so far she has yet to impress me.

15. Bulletgirl20

Bulletgirl20 Hit and Run

I don't really like her so much maybe she will have to grow on me but honestly i dont think a new cast member was needed