Flack #9: An Officer and a Gentleman

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Elsie, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockyshadow

rockyshadow Hit and Run

The casual look works just as well for him as the suits. His wardrobe is always great.

2. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

Causal is good for him but I love the work shirt with the sleeves rolled up. And tonight with the 5 o'clock shadow on his face he was looking very yummy. Then with him talking to Jess's dad just makes you want to hug & kiss him over all to make him feel better.

3. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

Oh, tell about it..... He was cute & kinda sad all in one.

So huggble... That man.

Stella's comment was a bit corky/ odd... At least to me....

4. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

I thought that too... :p
    But I don't really care X D Flack is hotter than he has ever been before!
    YAY!!

5. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Do you mean the comment about how he used to shave everyday? I don't think it was odd or corky. She's a friend and she's worried and was showing that concern. I'd like to point out that I love him unshaven and scruffy! :drool::drool:

6. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

Yeah, but still! X D I think it was kinda weird since Stella hasn't got anything to do with how much Don shaves himself. :] What if Don suddenly thought he should get a beard or something? (Which makes me crack up only by thinking about it) That's just not something Stella should say something about :p Or, at least I think so. :cool:

7. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

There are a number of ways to be concerned about a friend...and there are different ways you can do that in that scene.

Plus, Stella doesn't seem to be too much into what Flack is going through, she goes by what he says like everybody else. That comment was blunt....

Flack is a man that runs deep, he's not someone that will open up to talking about how he feels, he just puts up a good front to cover up the hurt. Somebody has to open him up, and start the conversation for him...and let him get comfortable with the situation.

Meeting Anguell's father is closure in way...But clearly he's not ready for that. I think right now what he needs is for someone to step up as a friend and talk to him.

Maybe Danny, Although he's too busy coping with his own injury; Or Mac,
    I'm sure Mac can offer a good advice/opinion on the matter, afterall he lost his wife in 9/11.

8. klb

klb Victim

In regards to Stella's comment, I think it was just her way of observing that something is wrong with Flack. He has always been so put together (in suits, ties, the works:drool:) and suddenly he is wearing jeans, shirt untucked, etc. I believe it was just a simple comment, with possibly more meaning under the surface- he used to shave, meaning he isn't coping well. Didn't Mac make a comment after her line that he will get through it? Kind of makes it seem like she was just subtly voicing her concern.

In the second ep. I believe, at the begining Mac arrives at the scene, and then gets Don's attention, and then asks if he is ok. After assuring him, the next scene we see Don in, he is back in the full suit, with a shaved face- all "made up." I think that he was trying to show everyone that he is fine- when we all know he isn't.

I am looking forward to upcoming episodes and how this will play out....I try to stay spoiler free (but that doesn't always work out!!!) and am hoping that this story line isn't screwed up royally. Eddie is doing a good job by using facial expressions, etc. to show the pain Flack is in- he doesn't even need lines!!!!!!

9. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I second what you said klb.

No reason to get upset with Stella, she observed her friend was acting different. She wasn't rude.

10. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

I didn't watch the episode, so I don't know exactly what Stella said or how she said the line.

But from what I can gather, it seems to me that she just noticed something was going on with Flack, and checked in with him to see if he was alright. I don't think it's much different than maybe some of us would do in that situation. If I notice something is "off" with one of my friends, then I make sure they're okay too.

11. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

12. lal

lal Pathologist

he looks very hot , in that picture :drool:

13. Nat_attack

Nat_attack Rookie

SDFGSHHF YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW LONG I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS! :drool:
    He's always had the bit of five o'clock shadow through out seasons, but I finally get to see him with scruff, oh be still my heart! (and ovaries! :lol:)

YUMYUMYUM! :drool:

14. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

Stella's comment wasn't blunt, it was her way of noticing that something was "off" with Flack. She's his friend, a close friend no less, she would notice when Flack starts to deviate from what's a normal routine for him. As strange as that comment may be, it's not shocking that close friends would pick up on each other's habits and routines, hence allowing them to notice if one or the other were acting out of character. The fact that Stella noticed that only proves that she's a good friend, not her bluntly commenting on Flack's hygenine.

To say that Stella just goes by whatever Flack says like everyone else is to dismiss her character as some shallow card-board cut-out, and not looking deeper into the meaning of her words. It's like saying that just because Mac simply says Flack will get through this in answering to Stella's raised concern somehow meant that Mac doesn't really look past Flack's surface, or just because Danny hasn't talked about Flack at all somehow means he doesn't care. The closeness of this team has long been established, they are very much a family, and in a one hour drama while the a case story has to be told, not every scene can be a team member worrying about Flack or trying to console Flack, scenes like that are alot of the times implied through the character's close bonds. we can just assume that the team has been trying to comfort and look out for Flack in their own way and letting him have some personal space without overcrowding him or smother him. They know who Flack is and how he reacts to things, and they are all trying to help him in the way they know how and giving him some room to breath.

The comment about shaving is neither blunt or a shallow statement, it was Stella's way of noticing that something has been wrong with Flack, and it not unlikely for close friends to notice when their friends aren't acting the way they use to. If anything those comments only proved Stella's perceptiveness as a friend, to be able to pick up signs of Flack's distress.

15. CSIFan119

CSIFan119 Hit and Run

He's so amazing...an incredible actor! I really hope that they do well with this story line and I really hope that one of the team members will try to talk to him and help him through this tragedy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.