Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

That is exactly what I am looking for ....Now we need to add some previous scenes going back to episode that gaves us this name AND put them ALL into one. Mayby we could loose the subtitles to get a clean picture....When we made that video and make it a most wacth in tubeland. Then we put that foreward as argument to CBS. AND if the vid. becomes a reality. The avarage - non posting E/C shipper could help us illustrate the power of this ship as to apeal of show. Right now there are too many small E/C vid.s outthere. And in order to make an impact we need to come together on one vid. and spread the word where ever we go. CBS forums and other Adam or Emily or CSI forums.
    The compilied hiphuggervid would also act as tribute to us ....The hiphuggervid that CBS should have made with behind the scenes and all. Bloopers. You named it.
    So thanks for heads up on vid. and let´s find the skilled highugger that can.

2. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Nice job, ec4evr! And Aj, what a brilliant idea! Great initiative guys! :thumbsup:
    Now an appeal to a few video making "experts" to make this idea a reality. I know it's a lot of work, but if a few of you - and there are many good ones amongst you- worked together, it could be done :thumbsup:!
    Hey, maybe somebody should bring this idea to YT.

3. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  4. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Awwwww i love those pictures so much! But I have a hunch about the promo pics:

I think it's not a break-up but a goodbye from the job, remember he's too emotional in this case in the epi and probably has to leave so she's sad about it BUT it finally means that they could be together!:eek::eek::eek::)

5. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I really like your version of the events surrounding those pictures :lol:!
    Now, what you need to do is send a script to the writers and ask them to change theirs if it doesn't match yours :lol:!
    While you're at it, might as well tell them to force CBS to renegociate Adam's contract and hire him back :guffaw:! Cause WE HATE WATCHING HIPHUGGERLESS EPISODES :scream: and some of us are going to stop watching altogether if that happens!

6. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  7. Maria-EC

Maria-EC Hit and Run

LOL! :guffaw:I totally agree with the two of you! I really don't know what CBS is thinking when they just let Adam go like this! Too me, it's a really bad decision, and as you mentioned D&Daddict we DO need our hipphugerfix!!

About the photos, I totally agree that is not a break up hug. Eric would never break up with her, neither would Calleigh. Calleigh is smiling AND crying.. I don't know what it means.. but I am hoping and think it means something good! :)

8. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

You know, I find it ironic that CBS okayed the hiring of three new actors and letting Adam go. I mean, really, was Adam asking for that much money that they could hire THREE PEOPLE for what he was being paid? I doubt it. He's terrific, but not top billed. Or was it some other actor that hogged all the cash so that CBS couldn't give Adam a decent pay raise? Not pointing fingers, but many here know my opinion. IMO that actor should have gone and not Adam since Eric has always been the emotion keeper of the show. Eric has always worn his heart on his sleeve and if any viewer had a doubt about how the crime was affecting the team, all they had to do was look for Eric. My days watching CSIM are now numbered. If Emily gets her desire and gets pregnant, guess what folks, from everything we've seen and read about her, she's gone for good once the baby's born. She'll be gone not only from CSIM, but from acting, permanently. She's stated time and time again that family is the most important thing to her. I could be wrong, but my gut tells me otherwise.

9. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Hey everyone!

I am all for Eric & Calleigh getting the happy ending that they deserve. They have been through so much together that this should be required...damnit. Some people have been commenting on the spoiler thread about a song that is being used in an upcoming episode called the Sea of Regret...of course they think it is about E/C...which makes me mad. The only regret that they should have was not getting them together sooner because of recent events, but I digress...sorry

I know that I will need a box of tissues next Monday. Seeing Calleigh crying and seeing emotional Eric will definitely break my heart in two. I agree with you guys that this is not a break-up but just a break. Eric has loved Calleigh for so long but because of what has happened to him recently I think that he needs to find himself again before he & Calleigh can make a life together. I have no doubt that all roads will once again lead back to her.

Keep the faith alive ladies...they need all of our support!

10. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

You and me both. Once Adam goes, Emily is the only reason I'll have to watch the show, and if she leaves... so will I. I certainly do NOT watch it for that person you mentioned, can't stand that character.

I have always religiously watched CSI:M... I DVR each episode & copy it onto a DVD,and buy the DVDs when they come out... I don't miss a single episode. But, I have to say that when Adam leaves, my watching won't be so religious. I won't feel the need to record episodes onto DVDs, nor will I make it a point to be there to watch it. And I won't get as upset if basketball games pre-empt an episode (which happened several times last season - on important episodes like SorS and Smoke Gets in Your CSIs) on my local CBS station. Sure, I love EP and will watch, but the desire to watch it won't be nearly as great since the main reason I watch will be gone - Eric & Calleigh together. They may still be "together", with Adam/Eric just not on the show, just mentioned here and there, but it won't be the same.

I feel CBS has made a HUGE mistake, and honestly, I hope that ratings take a nose dive in season 9, without Adam. Then maybe TPTB at CSI:M and CBS will realize they needed to get their heads out of their collective arses, that they'll realize that whatshisname is NOT the reason most people watch the show (if they do, its to laugh at him). But, by then it will be too late.

Hopefully, EC will live on in fanfic world.

11. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  12. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

Hello to all!:)

I totally agree... I mean from the start the writers have hinted on the attraction between them.They made us love E/C & gave us hope that they'll be together eventually. We have waited for years until they finally got them together after so many obstacles. So yes, they should have a happy ending because I just could not imagine them being with somebody else... I don't think I'll be able to accept that.

I feel the same way as D&Daddict... Hiphuggerless episodes just does'nt do it for me. I'm missing Eric way too much & I'm sure I'll feel the same way if Calleigh was the one who's leaving.

13. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Hey guys, look at what I found on YT, written 6 days ago:

"...BTW, there's a petition to keep Delko on the show at ipetitions.*** please sign it. Also, you can send an email to CBS at
    cbsmailbag@aol.*** telling that you want them to keep Eric Delko on the show."

I will send a letter to CBS, and also try to look into that petition...
    I will post this in Adam's thread also. It's a start, right?

14. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi rhee52 and D&D

Once again I am left here alone and can do as I like.:devil:

I have been thinking....10 -3 =7 ...and there is 21 - 24 episodes pr season-

Let´s work with 24 divided by 7= that is roughly ever 3.episode has to be an Ericpop. Given there will be once or twice a doubleheaded or 2 arc(?). When one of you have the time....What have did the term 2 arc come to be?

You Adam fans probably know if he is working at "Betty" full time at the moment or if he is flying back and doing Miami now.
    I am asking, because that would give us at least some time before he pops for the first time....Or has he done his firstpop shoting and is not returning untill Dec. ?

But never the less...as storyline goes....will his pops be limited as to have Jesse shine or as Adam is getting a paycheck will they use him properly?
    To math class we have not calculated that Em´s contract is comming up. So if she is planning a baby. Will they give some extra leave or they will plan to "cut" her too? Or would she wish to have an exit when the baby comes?( All just speculation)
    Which then makes the whole Adam - thing ever more mindbogling. Em said loud and clear at the Monte Carlo thing ...she wants a baby. So franchinse was warned. One actress would at some point leave for good?(speculation based on Em. tread). So why not do your best to keep Eric?

As for "our" actors this might be good they are leaving before things gets worse. I wish them all the best and hope they will be happy. In fantasyship they certainly are....

As to storyline on show.....I think it will come down to: Will she now or later?
    If she is pregant before season end they could include an Eric pop to get a wedding and have both characters off. If Erics pop has landed him a great future out side the CSI. (I hope not: private detective as Yelina).

Oh I know...marine patrol or finding lost ship at sea or .....then she could leave the CSI and work with him while being a family.:luvlove: I am NOT putting on my hiphuggerglasses here. It would make for a nice undramatic exit and leave a part of fanbase happy. Shooting her and/or letting her leave without him could work also. Easyly.But you(showrunners) would have part of fanbase unhappy and leave.

If evaluations are right ....introducing a new female would be difficult. And they should start work NOW. But no one has answers to an all male cast working or not? It would be logic to say NO....but I will have give that some more thought....LOL....an all male show put together for the viewing pleasure of females shounds a bit :evil:. when I write it like that:guffaw:.

But they should intro a female. A blond from New York...then u still have a Nat and a Call. but as Em is so identified with character you should avoid any comparision as to gesture and accent. Should they go younger then Em. I think not.

But in order for "our" new blond to work they should avoid upsetting loyal fanbase and do something easy to Call. = shot her. Replacement would be to obvious and comparision to easy.....

So what should they do to Call? That would not upset fanbase....Se all the above metioned ideas;):thumbsup::):guffaw:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  15. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Like I quoted on another list:

Yeah, if she gets pregnant, I think she will, from interviews and such. We'll lose eer as an actress, possibly forever. She's statded time and time again that family is the most important thing and she could easily work in interior design. If that's so, let's start sayng good-bye when Emily announces her pregnancy. With her and Adam Rodriguez gone I have no reason to watch CSIM anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.