CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Bright Lights, Big City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Here's a new spoiler thread for season 6 (and a link to the old one), and here are the spoilers I have saved elsewhere. This definitely isn't everything that's been posted (especially pictures and whatnot), so if you have stuff I didn't bring over from the previous thread, I'll love you forever if you shared it with us. :D

Episodes:

6.04 "Dead Reckoning"
    ~ A woman named Deborah walks into the precinct and tells the police that she murdered her husband. She takes them to the crime scene and walks them through how she killed him after she discovered that he had cheated on her. Meanwhile, at the lab, they're running tests on the evidence. Mac gets a call - DNA and fingerprints say Deborah wasn't the only person who handled the murder weapon. She's lying.

~ At the precinct, Mac leaves to speak to Stella about DNA results and leaves Flack alone with Deborah. Flack asks her if she'd do it all over again if she had the chance. She seems unrepentant for her actions, and she tells Flack that regret is a waste of time. Flack tells her that it doesn't matter if she feels alright about what she did - it's still going to haunt her.

~ Mac bursts back into the interrogation room, angry. He demands to know who else was in the apartment with Deborah - the DNA matches several unsolved murder cases.

~ Later on, a woman comes into the precinct and tries to get Flack to shoot her - but Flack can't do it. When Flack and Stella are interrogating the woman, Mac asks Lindsay what happened - she has to admit that Flack froze. The same thing happens later in the episode, when Flack has a flashback to shooting Simon Cade in the finale. Clearly, killing Angell's murderer is haunting him.

~ Danny is in physical therapy, trying to walk. It's painful, and he gives up. Hawkes is waiting by the door, and when Danny makes it clear that he wants to leave, Hawkes comes up with his wheelchair. Danny wants to know where Lindsay is, and Hawkes says he offered to come because he thought she could use a break. Hawkes wants to know why Danny is giving up so easily, and he points out that he's going to have to give it all he's got if he wants to get out of that chair and walk again.

~ Sinclair is definitely there. Haylen is also mentioned in a scene with Hawkes, so she'll be there by episode 4 at least.​
    6.05 "Battle Scars"
    ~ The episode starts with a young woman staggering to the front desk of a hotel. When the desk manager comes out to see who rang the bell, he doesn't see anybody - the woman collapsed on the floor, bleeding from a head wound.

~ When the woman wakes up in the hospital, she doesn't remember what happened - or how her boyfriend ended up dead in their hotel room.

~ The victim was a hip-hop dancer who won a competition the night before.

~ He was killed with simunition during a robbery gone wrong.

~ Danny and Flack have an interrogation together, but there is no indication about whether or not Danny is still in a wheelchair.​
    6.06 "It Happened To Me"
    ~ Seems to be a pretty Hawkes-centric episode. We find out that he's been having some trouble. A month ago, he lost everything after he trusted the wrong person. It doesn't clarify what happened, but he had to sell his apartment, and he has no savings left. He's sleeping on friends' couches and begging for overtime. The whole situation has been very rough on him. :(

~ The episode also starts with Hawkes. It appears that he's been working with the Manhattan Parks Medical Unit (I think it refers to this), and he sees a young man with a bloody nose when he's working there in the middle of the night. Hawkes doesn't pay much attention - the guy admits to having a few drinks, and there are people with more serious injuries out there for him to take care of. He suggests that the man go home, get something to eat and sleep it off.

~ Unfortunately for Hawkes, the man dies. He was poisoned. Hawkes doesn't know the name of the woman who was with the victim in the park the night before because he didn't log the incident. He screwed up.

~ Adam (of course *lol*) informs the team of the latest fun trend that seems to be related to their case: sploshing. It involves putting food on a person's body and eating it off - you know, in a sensual way. *cough*

~ It mentions Danny having a cane, so I assume he's walking by 6.06 even if he's not 100% back to normal.​

6.07 "Hammer Down"
    ~ This is the NY episode for the three-series crossover (Miami's portion of the crossover is also episode 7). Langston is in New York. (Mac seems to be the main one working with Langston.)

~ The crossover seems to be about missing women - and illegal organ harvesting. From what I can gather, women have been found dead and butchered on the side of the road (presumably in Vegas), and the chase leads Langston to the other cities.

~ The episode begins with a guy named Terry driving a semi-truck* with a woman locked in the sleeper portion of the trailer. A drunk man is arguing with his ex-wife on the phone while he's driving, and he looks down when he drops the phone - causing an accident when he slams into the semi. A bystander (Joseph) stops his car to see if the people involved in the crash are alright - and he gets carjacked for his trouble. Terry pulls a gun and drags the young woman into Joseph's car, demanding that he drive them away. Ten miles down the road, Terry tells him to stop. He takes Joseph's phone and wallet, shoots him in the stomach, and drives away with the woman in the car.

~ Hawkes gets upset about the illegal organ transplants and the women who died when their organs were taken.

*or whatever else you call it ;)
    6.08 "Cuckoo's Nest"
    ~ The serial killer played by Skeet Ulrich is in this one. (He first appeared in 6.03, but I don't know if this is the first time we're seeing him after that.) The case leads the team to a psychiatric hospital, and they'll learn about the killer.

~ Flack is missing - his commanding officer hasn't seen him for a few days, and he tells Mac that Flack hasn't been the same since Angell died. Mac tells the lieutenant that Flack called him and said he had a family problem to deal with and needed the day off - the lieutenant knows this is a lie, but Mac says he'll take responsibility. Then he and the team try to track Flack down.

~ Meanwhile, Flack gets beaten up somehow and ends up at Terrence Davis' (Nelly's) apartment.

~ csimania19 posted the casting call for this episode:

6.09 "Manhattanhenge":
    ~ This seems to be the third (and final?) episode featuring Hollis Eckhart, the "Compass Killer" (played by Skeet Ulrich).

~ Danny and Flack are working together, out in the field. They have to run to catch up to a homeless guy, and afterwards Flack asks if Danny's alright - Danny points out that he outran Flack, but there isn't any more talk about it because he picks up his phone to call Mac (Flack does, however, give him a look).

~ Hollis Eckhart is apparently scarred up. He steals some rope from a hardware store and beats up the owner.

~ As mentioned in this CSI Files news article, the episode will include the New York State Pavilion.

~ csimania19 posted this additional casting call for 6.09:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  2. Faylinn

(Had to do a second post because it was too long to go in one :p)

Miscellaneous (Some of this is older but seems relevant to upcoming episodes):

~ Here is the latest CSI Files interview with Hill Harper

~ From TV Guide Magazine (thanks to JellyBelly):
    Sarah Carter Joins CSI: NY

Sarah Carter (Shark) is joining the cast of CSI: NY as a series regular in the fall. She will play a new clean-up tech with a desire to work in the lab, and she harbors a secret that we will find out about later in the season. The news comes as a bit of a surprise after Emmanuelle Vaugier told TV Guide Magazine that she was let go due to budget cuts at the end of season five. We talked to executive producer Pam Veasey about their decision to add a new character to Team NY.

Emmanuelle told us this spring that she was being let go for budgetary reasons. What changed?
    She was initially, but there are a lot of things that changed since then because we cut our whole budget. There was a huge budget cut with actors and salaries and writers, but ultimately, after we’d done that, what do we still need? We still needed the 18-25 demographic, and we’d been trying to get that with guest stars. And it was our plan to kill someone on our season finale. We chose her character because of what effect it has on another character. It was good storytelling. But we miss her, we love her talent.

What do we know about the new character?
    When you first meet her she doesn’t have a job with us. She becomes a person of interest—not as a criminal. She’s an eager CSI wannabe, who insinuates herself into our lives, and because of her brilliance and her wit and her charm she sort of becomes part of the system. She not a CSI and it doesn’t happen right away.

What made you add this type of character?
    Since the CSI franchise has started a lot of universities have expanded their forensics departments and a lot of students have gone into that, so our question is, what if people have graduated since then? They’re textbook, they’re not cops. All of our team are cops or went to medical school and they had other jobs that brought them in. This is someone who’s only been a textbook learner. There’s a whole bunch of forensic graduates coming out and they’re young people—how do these people get their first job. That’s our angle on the new character.

Courtesy of vegaslights:
    CSI: NY's Hill Harper Is Looking for Love

CSI:NY's Hill Harper tells TVGuideMagazine.com that his character, Sheldon Hawkes, will finally get some lovin’ this season - and he’s turned to Twitter to get suggestions for who that love interest should be.

“This season there’s girls and guns,” he says. “He’s going to get a love interest later in the season, and I solicited people on Twitter to see who they think we should cast. Some people say it should be Paula Patton, some people said Sanaa Lathan, some people said Gina Torres. Thandi Newton, too. So I’m excited about that.”

Sheldon will also start carrying a gun, after the shoot-out that ended Season 5. “I’m a doctor. I haven’t been carrying a weapon, but since the season ended with us in peril, it may be time for the doctor to carry a weapon – which goes against my Hippocratic Oath.”

Harper is also excited about newly-hired cast mate Sarah Carter. “She’s fantastic. I love the way they’ve created her character. The way she's coming in to the show is pretty special,” he says. Adds costar A.J. Buckley, “I have been the lucky one who has to share the screen with her. She‘s adorable. She basically shows up and there’s some competition between her and I – some good hot girl-nerdy guy banter.”

Does that mean there’s love in the lab? “As of right now, no,” says Buckley. “But who knows where it goes? If I didn’t feel sparks I wouldn’t be a man!

From vegaslights:
    Skeet Ulrich Joins CSI: New York for Killer Arc

Skeet Ulrich will guest for three episodes of CSI: New York as a complex and deeply disturbed killer, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively. The Jericho star's arc will send the CSIs all over New York City on one of the wildest cases of their careers. The three episodes will begin airing Oct. 7. The killer character harkens back to Ulrich's role in Scream, the horror mystery that helped make him a star.​
    The character may be referring to this one from 6.03 "LAT/LONG", info courtesy of LpoHeartsNick:
    [HOLLIS] 35 - 45, He is a large and very strong, but emotionally fragile man, pale due to a vitamin deficiency. Hollis is a deeply troubled soul, fueled by a vengeance that's tempered by grief. He's terribly disfigured, with one side of face terribly marred by an accident. THREE (3) EPISODE ARC.​
    From vegaslights:
    Laurence Fishburne Works Overtime on CSI

CSI’s Laurence Fishburne will work major overtime this season. The actor’s character Professor Ray Langston will crossover to both CSI: Miami and CSI: NY during November sweeps, studio confirms to TVGuideMagazine.com exclusively. The storyline will begin on Monday in Miami, continue on Wednesday in New York and wrap up the following day in Las Vegas.

This is the first time a crossover will involve all three of the CBS hit procedurals. The last crossover occurred in 2005 with CSI: Miami and CSI: NY, but the episode did not involve any of the characters from the original CSI​
    ~ Courtesy of Messers_fan: You can go to BelgaPicture to see some shots from season 6. You have to search for "CSI: NY" over on the left side of the page.

~ MegaBuzz question:
    You guys mentioned a while back that CSI: NY producers were planning to bring back Reed, Mac's stepson, and Sam, Flack's sister, this season. How's that going? — Clarisse

MegaBuzz: Not too well, actually. Executive producer Pam Veasey tells me that ebb and flow of story ideas in the writers' room just haven't ebbed back toward those characters. But don't give up hope. "These two characters are always on our minds," Veasey says. "And if they do return this season, it will be quite riveting."

~ CSI Files did a new interview with Bill Haynes that includes some info about an upcoming episode.

~ noealonso posted these two pictures from the set where you can see Flack (in what appears to be pretty laid-back clothes):

[​IMG] [​IMG]

~ Hill posted a tweet, courtesy of csimania19 (I bolded Hill's response for clarity):
    RT @Sammie27pl @hillharper How will D Flack cope with loss of Det Angell? // LET'S JUST SAY HE DOESN'T HANDLE IT IN THE MOST HEALTHY WAY! HH
    ~ Perlnoir posted a link to this interview with AJ Buckley. Here are the questions that are relevant to CSI:NY:
    Q. What can you tell us is new this season on "CSI: NY" and with your character?

A. The season opener of the show opens with a bang to say the least. It explores the death of Angell and what people go through after her death. Mentally and emotionally what they do and what happened after that moment. I think this whole new season, for every character, we're going into the intricacies and peeling back the layers and having a better understanding of how these characters tick. Science will always be a huge character in the show but I think we're fortunate being in season six the audience cares about the characters and really wants to go inside their mind a little bit. We're on episode six right now and the scripts are just phenomenal this year for everybody. I get some love, Adam finally gets some love after five years, I can't say with who but I get some love.

Q. Where do you continue to draw from for your portrayal of Adam?

A. My inner dork! I am a dork at heart and I am always laughing at myself. I would say my inner dork is where Adam comes from.

Q. What about your role as Adam continues to challenge you?

A. I would say making science funny. "CSI: NY" is not a comedy
    by any means, but I am always told to make it funny. The challenge would be making a procedural drama funny.

Q. How does the cast continue to maintain such great chemistry together after six seasons?

A. I think it's how it's all run, between Pam Veasey and Peter Lenkov and all of the writers and everybody from there down, I think is just a really close group. Eddie, Hill, Carmine, and myself have become really good friends over the last couple of years. I really noticed it when I came back from break this year and saw everybody and realized how much I had missed them and how important everyone was to me. That goes right across the board to the crew, I was genuinely really excited to see everyone.

Q. How much input do you have when it comes to the writing and actions of your character?

A. Sam has an open door policy if you've got ideas and input. It's a really free environment as far as if you have ideas or concepts or feel like you want to take your character in a certain direction, they're always open to hearing it. I'd say I have a fair amount as far as if I don't like something, or if I am not particularly happy with something, which has never happened. I've always liked where Adam is going and I would just say we always meet in the middle.

Q. Why do you think viewers continue to tune in and watch the show?

A. I just think it's a really well oiled machine and these types of shows seem to withstand time, they just seem to last. I just think a lot has to do with the writing, it really come down to the writing and how they come up with it. Then the performances of the actors, I've been really fortunate to work with the actors on our show like Gary and Carmine, just really solid and well seasoned actors.​
    ~ Scan about the new season, courtesy of perlnoir (uploaded to my own ImageShack account):

[​IMG]

Question from E! Online (thanks to perlnoir):
    Richard in Missoula, Mont.: I read that CSI is doing a triple crossover with Miami, New York and the flagship one in Vegas. Got any details?

We can tell you that the CSI ménage à trois is currently scheduled for the week of Nov. 9. We'll have more details and an interview with the show runner closer to that date.​
    Hover over the picture to read the Tweet that went with it (from Hill's Twitter, thanks to perlnoir):

[​IMG]

Another Tweet (thanks to *lisasimpson*:
    RT @kparton Will Hawkes be the main focus of story lines this season...want more?/THX!!THE EP WE ARE SHOOTING NOW (#6) IS ALOTTA HAWKES!! HH
    ~ There is a Pam Veasey interview from the Futon Critic, posted by Messers fan. Here's the most relevant spoilery parts:
    JH: As these long running shows age and cast members start to depart, are you prepared that day when it happens?

PV: Yeah but we really wanted everyone to come back this year and when you get to your sixth season, the audience kind of expects it to happen. We are prepared for when it happens but we're not preparing scripts for it. We'll deal with it when it happens but what we like is that we're sort of in our stride. In the last few years our cast has really come together, we're telling more personal stories because the audience is familiar with them and we've liked how they've grown. We didn't feel like we were finished so we didn't want anyone to leave. We have a lot more personal stories to tell inside some really great twisty-turny topical crime stories.

JH: With everyone's life in jeopardy from the shootout last season, where do we find everyone in the new episodes?

PV: Obviously Danny (Carmine Giovinazzo) and Lindsay (Anna Belknap) who, at the end of the season, got married and had a baby and are facing a real challenge in their marriage. They're going to face that challenge and continue to grow as a couple and as working parents with Danny's big life-changing experience. With Eddie Cahill, who plays Flack, he was beginning a relationship with someone he really cared about and he is challenged with doing your job and having a passion for it when you feel like there was an injustice in the world and he's not so much in love with the cop work and he starts dealing with that loss. With Hill Harper, who plays Sheldon, we wanted to reflect some of the things that are going on in the world and Hill Harper will be a victim of a Madoff-like financial situation where he loses everything. We thought most people think it won't happen to them. When you sit down and plan your retirement and you wake up and you don't have it anymore where do you start again and what outlet to do you have and what do you change?

For Melina, who plays Stella, she's faced with letting go. She's doing what comes to mind for her best interest. She's the opposite of Sheldon, who was planning his retirement and she's more about living today and taking chances and risks and you'll see things like that. You don't really expect that from her but she'll be pretty aggressive in her own life not just as a CSI investigator. And then Mac (Gary Sinise) is the glue and he has got to be stronger than his usual self. Usually he's strong in his leadership in the answers of right and wrong in terms of crime fighting. He is the moral foundation of investigating a crime and putting someone away but when it comes to seeing everyone around you all feeling and changing and having reactions to loss and losses of all kind. Mac has got to be the emotional foundation, leader and he's the guy they can all go to and he's connected with each of them on all these different levels. It's going to be a really fun, emotional year. ​
    ~ MegaBuzz question:
    Please don't say CSI: NY's Danny will be paralyzed for good! He can't be sitting a wheelchair. He is so much better at getting the bad guys and being out in the field. — Judy

MegaBuzz: Fine, Judy, I won't, and neither will executive producer Pam Veasey. She promises we'll see Danny back on his feet, but it won't be overnight... or easy. And for anyone worried about the health of his relationship with Lindsay, know this: It's only through her encouragement that Danny will find the strength to make it through physical therapy.​
    ~ Video of Melina on Regis and Kelly, courtesy of Messers fan.

WHEW! Let me know if there are any mistakes, and be sure to post anything I forgot. :D

3. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

It's perfect, Fay!

Thanks a lot!!!

4. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

WOW FAY!!! Thanks so much! I have been going through my notes trying to get things in order and you just did!:thumbsup:

5. Noel_687

Noel_687 Dead on Arrival

Sorry if I come off as a smartbutt for saying this but there is no sleeper portion on a trailer now there is the bunk on the truck that the woman could be held in...

I only wanna see this episode to see the conditions of these trucks to not get caught at weigh stations an searched by DOT.

6. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

Thanks Faylinn I just wanted to add this picture

[​IMG]

last twitt of HH,

7. Faylinn

I'm not really familiar with trucks - she's wherever the guy would be able to keep her in the truck. :)

8. Noel_687

Noel_687 Dead on Arrival

The bunk is the only place the driver would be able to keep her unless the driver put her in the trailer but then she would either suffocate or freeze depending on the type of trailer they have an considering the woman is alive when the crash takes place I'm goin with the bunk which is on the cab of the truck..

9. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Many of us are wondering why Ray gets the crossover despite being the newest team member...He's just a CSI 1, well 2 now.

10. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Thanks Fay for the new Spoiler Discussion Thread!!!!! (I LOVE the reference to American Dreamers!!! :D )

I wonder how Stella will be agressive or if it is a reference to the scene we had in the premiere? :D

11. Kreguba

Kreguba Witness

Indeed. As I've said before, I would have loved for Grissom to do the crossover, at least with NY.

That's not going to happen now, but I'm wondering why Langston as well. Even if they went the 'Catherine can't go because she has to run the lab' route (which wouldn't be real because Grissom and Mac have both left their labs before), Nick could easily make the trip. Which wouldn't be bad. I'm not familiar with the Miami lab, but some Nick and Danny, Hawkes, or Flack scenes would be great. Or Greg, who could happily geek out with Adam :lol:.

I'm not too familiar with Ray, but from what I've seen I can't really picture him comfortably sharing screen time with any one. Maybe with Mac, but I'd like to see some interactions with the other team members as well.

12. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

it does seem a little bit like more of the old "let's shove ray down their throats" routine, which is such a shame because laurence fishburne is a great actor and it's sad that his bad reception is almost entirely the fault of TPTB.

that said, i think he'd get on quite well with mac, they both seem to have a somewhat clinical outlook, and i think that could work.

13. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Cath and Warrick went to Miami in a cross over once. And I am with you why not Nick? I would think it would be his turn he would be GREAT with Danny and Flack? Actually I think there going with Langston because CSI is losing viewers since Grissom left and I think they want people to get a glimpise at Langston. I vote bring Grissom back he and Mac can look at bugs together!!

14. Faylinn

It's always possible that the other CSI actors wouldn't do a crossover - don't they have a strong dislike (hate is such a strong word) for the spinoffs? Plus, I recall David Caruso talking about how he and Laurence spoke about doing a crossover right after Laurence joined CSI.

Or maybe it's just the fact that Laurence Fishburne is a big name actor and brings more buzz to a three-series crossover than the 'three-series crossover' does on its own. :)

15. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I don't know why but i feel from all CSI teams, the best which could fit Laurence on screen is CSI NY so i am very ready for the crossover! :D

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.