Gil <3 Cath #31: Purejoy - Sexing Up Sin City!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Stepherweps, Aug 12, 2009.

1. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

You pose a good question, Anne, and I think that he'd be back in a heartbeat and would be holding her hand until she was better. The two obviously care for each other, as we've seen many times on the show. For example, who was the only one there when Gil was getting ready to go into surgery? Also, Catherine was there when Gil was attacked ("That looks like a hickey..."). So yeah, I think it's only natural/appropriate that he would be there holding vigil.

And in my mind, I think that Sara wouldn't appreciate this, and that it would cause a strain on the marriage. However, in the writer's GSR-riddled minds, it wouldn't be a problem. Of course. :rolleyes:

2. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Unfortunately, that is so true, which is just ridiculous:scream:...but I'm not going to get in to that cause this isn't the place. I do agree with what you said K-Bug. I think, if for nothing else, he should be there for her as support and be there for her mom and Lindsey making sure they have everything they need and are being taken care of. Like you said, she was there for him and it's only fair that he be there for her. That's what best friends are all about. Of course, it'd be a shame for it to take something like that to get him to come and see her. It'd be nice if the phrase 'you never realize what you got until it's gone' came into play, but that's probably wishful thinking at this point.:rolleyes:

3. CSIL3Willows

CSIL3Willows Prime Suspect

I totally agree with everything you guys are saying! Was kinda disappointed there was nothing from him after the whole rabies thing in 'The Gone Dead Train'... but I suppose I can let him off as she wasn't at death's door or anything.

*cough* shameless plug *cough* may get in trouble for this but meh, i'm a badass! Currently got a joint fic going with a fellow Grillows supporter. It's called 'Recification' and is in the fanfic thread. It's related to the current topic being discussed, although we started it before we knew about the whole M word thing (I refuse to say it, ergo in my world it doesn't exist) Whoops, gonna get in trouble for that as well... Anyway, that means we don't have to deal with it teehee!
    Ok, plug over!

As for the rollercoaster thing, I could totally see that happening! Was a lil disappointed he took Warrick on one (Evaluation Day, if my memory serves me correctly) Wish it had been Cath. I can just see her screaming her head off and Griss laughing, then when the rides over she smacks him on the arm for laughing at her!

*Ducks out before she gets shouted at by a Mod*

CSIL3Willows
    -x-

4. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Yeah, I could never figure that one out. I mean, we assume that she talks to him right? So, I'm sure he would've found out unless she just didn't want to tell him.

Gosh, I'd love to see her slap him for laughing at her.:lol: That would be priceless. Course, he'd probably enjoy it too much.:devil:

I've been reading your fic, CSIL3Willows. Keep it up.:thumbsup:

5. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I bet he's taken Catherine on a rollercoaster before - maybe when she was new to the lab.

Re: Gone Dead Train - I wonder if he was even told? Can you imagine how cranky he'd be if someone hadn't told him she was injured?

6. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

Oh I bet they've ridden roller coasters...oops, did I say that out loud?

And I've been reading it over at ff.net, CSIL3Willows, and it's a great fic. Keep up the good work. :)

Now I do wonder if Gil knew about Cath getting attacked. They never touched on it in A Little Murder when she got attacked, and he was her supervisor then so you know he knew about it. Maybe she mentioned it in passing...Who knows, though. Gives me a good fanfic idea, though.

7. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I don't think Gil knew. At least at first, because Catherine didn't want it broadcasted by the look of it.

I wonder what his reaction would have been if he'd first known about it when the report of a CSI sustaining injury came across his desk. I bet he'd have been furious! LOL

8. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I'm just wondering if he'd be upset with Catherine for not telling him about it. I think he'd understand the fact that she didn't want to tell anyone about it or make a big deal about it because that's just the way she is, but I think he'd wonder if she feels like she can't come and talk to him or confide in him anymore. At what point in their relationship did they make that turn? I think maybe he'd realize just how strained things were between them there for awhile and feel guilty. After all, of all the men in her life, Gil's been the only constant. More often than not, he's been there for her.

Man, if he had to hear about it from the report...well, let's just say I wouldn't want to be anywhere near his office, the lab, or anywhere else he'd be after finding out.:lol:

9. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I have been rewatching Season 1 as I write episode recaps/reviews for Margamania, and what a load of Purejoy it is!

I particularly love things like the bop!tush moment in I-15 Murders, or him lifting her out of the boat in Pledging Mr Johnson, or them staring at each other's butts.

They were so much more touchy-feely in Season 1 - I suppose that must have been before tptb told Billy and Marg to "tone it down" LOL

10. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Ha, I still wonder if they listened completely to that.:devil: Hey, it's not their fault. All they have to do is walk in the same room and it's on.;)

Oh, season one was great for Purejoy! There were just so many moments thrown in. They worked just about every case together or talked to each other at some point during an eppy. What they had between them was so strong then. I always thought it was so unfortunate, even though they seemed to have finally got their friendship back before he left, that had you not watched the earlier seasons(1-3 mostly), you would have probably thought it was never nothing more than a friendship between two colleagues and it was so much more than that.

11. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I just did a review/recap of Table Stakes, and boy was that a fun episode! I had forgotten about the bit where Gil is awestruck by the dancer and Catherine tells him to close his mouth. That was hilarious!

They always gave each other looks. That's a great thing about these two - even in the later seasons, they could just look at each other and know what they were thinking.

12. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

omg! hi everybody i like purejoy aswell! i think that grissom and catherine are awesome !

13. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

Hey guys!

This MIA is still around. :lol:
    Thought I'd stop by to say "Hello CGfans! [​IMG]

And to wish you all....

[​IMG] :)

[​IMG]

14. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

hehe lol the awesomeness of PureJoy cannot be contained :)

15. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I agree and that's the one thing that couldn't be taken away from them. I think they communicated better with their eyes anyway. The eyes can't lie.;)

Welcome robotnik22. Hope you have fun here.:)

Hey WP_Rocks_MY_World, love that pic.:thumbsup: