Beta Volunteers

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by umbrello, Feb 22, 2006.

1. TheAngelDivine

TheAngelDivine Dead on Arrival

Name: Angel

Pairings you beta: I beta CSI: Miami and CSI: NY stories. Pairings and ratings can range, I am into anything really.

Beta specialty: I check grammar and spelling as well as story flow. I also am into character analysis. I try and find the good in all stories, so honesty and the positives as well as the beta feedback will be included.

2. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

Name: AFIS

Pairings I can beta: Anything in the LV universe I can do. I would prefer not to do slash but I have no problems with it.

Beta speciality: Spelling, story flow, character analysis. Grammar can be done but it's not something that I'm particularly stellar at doing. I can do stories of all lengths and I've written before.

If you need me to do a story just PM me and and I'll send you my email. I would prefer to have the story sent to me in a pdf or word document. I'll send the beta'd work back to you in a pdf file usually. :)

I can do anything from G-NC-17. I'm specialize in anything M-NC-17 though.

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  3. Lt.Sugar

Lt.Sugar Hit and Run

Hi there,
    I'm looking for a beta reading for my Sara/Sofia stories. I've written a few, some are flash, some are not. I'm fleppy85 on FF, so if you want to read some of the stories I've written, you'll find them there.
    I'm not an English native speaker so I need most of th help for the spelling and grammar. I have most of my stories finished, they need to be proofread but I also have a story I'm writing on right now if you prefer to work on stories that are not done.
    Oh and most of my stories are long, I just can't write only a page or two...

Last edited: May 29, 2010
  4. Teej

Teej Victim

Are you still available for beta work on a moldy old CSI:Miami fic that is laying buried in my To-Do file for the last 4 years? It progressed to a certain point and came to screaming halt. For that matter, is there a mature beta around that would be interesting in beta'ing what I have and maybe help get it kick started again? Please PM me.

5. shella2000

shella2000 Civilian

I am looking for a Beta for both Miami and Vegas. All though I am currently working on a Miami fiction that I need to post, I am also in the process of creating a Sofia Curtis, Teri Miller [not a ship; made Teri Sofia's Aunt] universe, and will need someone to Beta it when the stories are finished.

Also I would love to know [of topic here] if there is someone who would be able to Beta The House Of Eliott. I [back on topic] have worked the characters of Evangeline Eliott and Beatrice Eliott into Sofia Curtis's family history and would love to write stories building up to her character on Vegas.

Also on Teri Miller, I will be working her into some Bones fictions I would like to write, and well am looking for someone to Beta them as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2010
  6. RoseWillow

RoseWillow Hit and Run

Hey there!

I'm looking for a beta for my 2 WIP fics that I'm currently working on.

My first fic already has it's first 3 chapters up on FF, and my second fic only has 1 chapter up. However, I'm thinking I would like a beta to help me with my story flow and characterisation etc....perhaps my grammar as well.

Both fics involve the Grissom/Catherine 'ship...one involves a bit of angst along with romance...and my other fic is just pure romance.

Both are/will be rated M.

If anyone is interested, just send me a PM....if you need some more information I'll tell you then too =D

Thanks in advance!

~RoseWillow~

7. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Okay, for a couple of months ago, I was writing a CSI NY teamcase story. You can check it here. I have made some updates, and am looking for a Beta. I am looking for someone who can check my grammar, some spelling and story flow. If would be appreciated if someone is willing to do some character analysis, but it's totally fine if you DON'T want to do that. The main thing is grammar though.

I have started another fanfic about Adam Ross and his background and how he came to the CSI NY Lab, and started to work there... This fanfic will involve some other characters, mainly Mac Taylor though. If anyone wants to become my Beta-reader for that fanfic, it would be nice.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

8. jafferinc

jafferinc Civilian

It is awesome idea that there is a creation of the Beta Volunteers thread so that those who are in the help with the Beta, might get a resolution in this thread by the discussion and it is also perfect for the viewer's knowledge about the Beta.

9. Turbidblue

Turbidblue Witness

Name: Turbidblue

Pairings I can beta: Everything that has two legs and looks hot together! ;) CSI: Miami only.

Beta speciality: General flow, honest positive comments and encouragement, ideas, inputs. I'm good at thinking "out of the box", too.

English is not my native language though, so I want probably be of much help grammar- and spelling wise!

I'm also looking for a beta for an upcoming Calleigh/Natalia (not slash at the moment, just friendship) focused crime/suspense story. It is evolving around a drug related murder of a respected senior firefighter. One of them is going to be conducted and the other's going to play a big role in the rescue, but the details are a little bit unclear yet.

If you want to beta or have a story you want me to beta, contact me by email at:
    ankan1388 at hotmail dot com .

10. Turbidblue

Turbidblue Witness

I feel slightly embarrassed replying to my own post but I felt like I had to (so sorry mods!).

My beta couldn't cope with all my mistakes anymore, so I need a new one, LOL! No, she’s been wonderful but she simply doesn't have time at the moment. The problem is that I'm still in the beginning of my story and would love to finish it.

It's a Natalia/Calleigh centric fic. I've written and published two chapters that are up on ff.net and I'm thinking about maybe putting it up here too. It's sort of a crime/friendship/suspense-story evolving around a brutal murder of a firefighter that isn’t as saint-like as he might appear ;-), and it's going to be lots of gun action, at least one fire and a tank with big fish... the plot is drug-related.

I’ve already plotted out the whole story and it’s going to be ten chapters all in all. I like to keep my chapters between 1,000 and 2,000 words. The story is a T-rating but it won’t include any sex or fluff at all. A few people are missing various limbs though :p.

Writing has been a passion of mine since I was little but this is the first time that I’m writing for others to read as well as I’m not a native English speaker, so your main concern is going to be grammar and spelling, but I would love to get your opinions or suggestions on it too! I’m a very relaxed person so I won’t stress you about it, but my intention is to publish an update every second week.

If you would like to know more about it, please send me a PM or an email and I'll give you some insight! I would also love to help out with your story too with timing, flow and general suggestions – plus, I’m usually better at getting other people out of writer’s block than myself ;).

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  11. dstined4gr8ness

dstined4gr8ness Police Officer

Hi! I'm slowly re-entering the world of fan fiction, and am currently looking for someone to beta my new fic 'relationship in retrospect: Flack and Angell'. It's a companion piece to my D/L fic by the same name. If anyone is interested, let me know! I'm not very far along so there is no rush :) Thanks!

12. Otie

Otie Hit and Run

A hoy hoy... I'm both requesting, and offering services as a beta.

In terms of what I'd be willing to beta, I'm pretty well open to just about anything (I prefer GSR fics, but I have no qualms about other 'ships, including slash). With regards to what sort of betaing I can do, I have worked as an English instructor in an adult education facility - so I'm happy to do spelling and grammar beta work. Mathematics and biology are also big with me (especially neurology), so for stories involving aspects of those I can fact check details. Lastly, while I do watch all three series (for the most part), Vegas is the only one I really would be able to beta for characterization.

As for the fic I would love a beta for... it's a fairly dark GSR case file. Biology heavy, including detailed descriptions of of the victims of the serial. It's also a bit of a song-fic, with each chapter centered around the emotions of a song (or songs). It's AU post Nesting Dolls. As I mentioned, it is fairly dark, lots of angst and I don't really do happy endings... so if anyone is interested and wants to know more before deciding, shoot me a message. I'll be eternally grateful to anyone who's willing :hugegrin:

13. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

I'm in need of a Beta-Reader for a CSI Vegas fic that i'm typing up but i am trying to figure out where to lead the story with the team but is along the lines of Nick with a secret that he has never told the team about..

Help if you could. PM me if you wanna help

14. legitlyobsessed

legitlyobsessed Police Officer

Name: Brii
    Pairings you beta: Danny/Lindsay, SMacked, Grissom/Sara
    Beta Specialty: I have been known to be a bit of a grammar Nazi, i am very particular about that. i also specialize in the "flow" of a story, the way the dialogue is written, and style. i would LOVE to help people with their style. a lot of the things i critique on are the little nitpicky details that turn a story from good to ABSOLUTELY FLIPPIN READ OUT LOUD AWESOME!!
    i have to warn, though, i can be a bit blunt. if something about someone's writing bothers me, i won't necessarily set them on fire, but i critique in a way that can come off as harsh. (sarcasm is my native tongue)

15. legitlyobsessed

legitlyobsessed Police Officer

hey i'm looking for someone to beta my SMacked fanfics. i have an account on ff.net, Brii Taylor, and i want someone to be... not necessarily mean, but strict. YOU MUST NOT BABY ME. i am looking to improve my writing, and all anyone tells me is 'oh, you're good,' but guess what? that doesn't help. so i need someone who can help. anyone interested?