Mac #7--Once a Marine, Always a Marine

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Hello and happy Friday evening to all! :)

I have some behind the scenes pics to share!;)

[​IMG]

Arms...:drool::drool::drool: and...Hey why I can't see that little tummy properly?!? :lol:
    Anyway perfect side-view!!! :devil:

Wanna see more??? :D
    Click!!! :devil::evil::devil:
    [​IMG]

"Guys. Hand in pocket day huh???" :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:
    [​IMG]
    Sorry but my eyes are going to the vicked places...:evil::evil::evil:
    [​IMG]
    "The Boss-Man" :D
    [​IMG]

Two *Big bosses*...hmm...Ex-Marine is for me this evening! :guffaw:

Hopefully your liked 'em! :thumbsup:
    Have a nice evening! :hugegrin:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  2. shippyangel

shippyangel Rookie

^ ooh thanks for posting! i LOVED them! mac keeps getting ever hotter!!! (i don't know how he manage to do so, but he certainly does!) :drool:

3. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Just popped in for a few seconds, will return later for further Mac study. Lots and lots of jaw droppingly hot pics, love love love the ones of Mac in his Marine uniform,:drool: and especially the one of him with the blonde lady - is that his 'mommy'? If so, awwwwwwwwwwwwwww, how cute! The pics of him and LF are just incredible, and Mac/Gary's hotness must be infectious, 'cause LF looks pretty good too! Not as good as Mac, but good.
    I am sad though that we never got to see a Vegas/NY x-over. I know WP doesn't like doing them, but he did one with WAT because he and Anthony La Paglia are friends, and I'd read that he and Gary are friends too. I would LOVE to see Grissom and Mac/William and Gary together. Maybe in the future sometime.
    Thanks to all pic posters! The man truly gets hotter and hotter, and now he's even spreading the hotness to others!

4. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Sam, very nice picture, thanks! Have a nice weekend!
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

5. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Happy Sunday to all fellow Taylor-Girls!:)

Here the weather sucks. It's been raining all day and partly it's been sleeting. :rolleyes: I guess the winter is starting to come...slowly but surely! :lol:

I have a "pic-story" to show you! Please take your buckets cause things might get steamy with out Mac! :devil::devil::devil::devil:

[​IMG]
    Looks like Mr.Taylor want a company...

M: "Call me Taylor-Girls!" :devil:
    TG: "That's not a problem!":lol:

[​IMG]
    After the phonecall...

M: "Gosh! Is that called an ambush!?!" :eek:
    TG: "Yeah...Ambush...under that table!:evil::evil::evil:"

[​IMG]
    Exciting trip...

M: "No! Not in the car ladies!:cardie: This makes driving...umm...rather difficult...!"
    TG: "Since you needed us...shut up and drive...We'll handle the rest!"
    :devil::devil::devil:

Here's a start...what will happen next??? :devil::devil::devil:

It's up to you! :lol:

6. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Mac enter the sick room of his Dad.
    [​IMG]

Mac and dad!
    [​IMG]

Mac says goodbye to his father suffering from cancer.
    [​IMG]

Mac and his mother are happy!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  7. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Sam, LOL at your caps for the Mac pics.:lol: You are so wicked!
    nel2h, thank you for the lovely Mac pics. He looks so nice in his uniform. I see he is wearing his wedding ring - so he was married to Claire when he left the Marines? Well, I think we can definitely see here why she was attracted to him!

I haven't seen the eppy yet but I've read quite a bit about it, especially about Mac's comments on the healthcare system. Much as I love him, I have to say reading about his speech at the end shocked me. I've never really seen Mac as all that sanctimonious before, but it seems this speech is quite sanctimonious. What do you guys who have seen the episode think? And just generally, do you guys think Mac can be sanctimonious? What other flaws do people think he has? Also, does that put you off him as a character?

8. shippyangel

shippyangel Rookie

sam (may i call you that?!), once again i gotta say you're a GENIUS! ;) nice caps!!!

nel2h :drool: GOTTA LOVE M.T. IN UNIFORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

hope you guys have had a nice weekend!

9. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

that's basically my take on it too - there've been times when others have thought mac was sanctimonious and i've not thought he was that bad, but this time i think he was!

10. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Course you can! :) Thanks, I'm glad you liked'em! ;)

I didn't pay that much of a attension,:rolleyes: but all I say is that no one isn't perfect so I'm not surprised if Mac has been little sanctimonious.:vulcan: And when I'm thinking more about him as a person I can see it possible...:shifty:

On the other hand there's not much things that I could critize Mac. It's good to got a remind he's a human and he can be and IS wrong sometimes! ;)

11. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I agree, he's so hot! I'm glad they let Gary play the younger Mac rather than hire another actor.
    Those uniform pics are :drool::drool::drool:

I agree with both of you. I do think Mac can be sanctimonious at times (though I don't think he means to be) though usually I'm like Lisa and I think he's not as bad. Even if he is particularly sanctimonious in this episode, I do like that he flaws and can be wrong, and at least the sanctimony is a continous Mac flaw. I really hated when all of a sudden Danny was 'from a family of cops' in episode 15 of s5. I thought Danny walking out of the investigation was very 'Danny', and showed both his flaws (hotheaded, somewhat irresponsible) and his assets (loyal) but didn't like the reason they gave. Since when was he from a family of cops?:rolleyes:
    To take the topic back to Mac, thank God the writers have managed to be more or less consistent with Mac and his backstory over the years, although with a few issues around how old he's meant to be.
    Despite Mac's sanctimony (that makes me want to spank him:devil:) I still think his assets (and I mean aspects of his personality as well as his physical assets, you filthy-minded lot,:lol:- though the physical assets are a bonus:devil:) outweigh the negatives. I like that because it's just like with people in real life - I have best friends/family who I love but, sometimes aspects of their personality drive me NUTS. I like how over the years they've made Mac more human by giving him these flaws. We never really saw that in s1, well, besides him being kind of distant and miserable (which I, being twisted, found hot for some reason.)

So, we got one of our dreams this season seeing Mac in uniform....could we hope for a naked Mac? *pokes writers*.

I'm also very interested to see whether we'll see any fallout from the bar shooting at the end of s5 for Mac. He's caught those responsible, but that doesn't mean everything's fine, and now with Danny in a chair and Flack apparantly falling apart, and Stella not doing so well either, (this is just gleaned from stuff I've read about the episodes so far) I'm wondering how we'll see Mac react, especially emotionally. Some more Marine flashbacks, to the Gulf War, maybe?

12. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

you're right, the consistency is good on this one (which is nice considering some of the inconsistencies we've had elsewhere!) - mac can be a bit righteous at times but i also think that his good bits (and like you, i mean in terms of personality, at least most of the time ;) ) outweigh it, and it does make him a more rounded character. i suspect a lot of the consistency is down to gary, he does seem to be very good at making sure his characters work and fit in to the story, so i imagine he's quite determined to make mac's character fit.

i liked him in s1, distant and miserable are things i like. don't get me wrong, i like his lighter side too that we've seen since s1, but i always relate to miserable and distant so i liked him that way.

me too - i don't know if it'll be war flashback related though - i think the type of trauma for mac in this case is more likely to be resulting from the fact that his friends and colleagues are in a less than good way, and even perhaps from the fact that he, as their boss, is supposed to look out for them and even to a degree, protect them, and he didn't that time so i think maybe there might be some kind of guilt/anger thing going on. not that he could've protected them - he was just as much a victim of the shoot out as they were, but i get the impression he feels it's his professional duty to make sure they're ok, and he's their friend too so that feeling would be even stronger. i'm hoping this season will go into all their emotional responses a bit - after all they've said in interviews (well, gary and melina both have i think) that it's nice now to focus on the characters as much as the crime scenes, and that they're able to because the show's been going long enough that people are interested in the characters as much as the crime scenes. i just hope they follow through on that really - i love the crime scene stuff, it's what the show is about, but more of them and how they're coping would be fantastic. especially mac ;)

13. shippyangel

shippyangel Rookie

my thoughts exactly. i love this personal episodes because we get to see a different and rare side of mac taylor. he's human, after all... and he has his wounds. i just love having the opportunity to witness that.

omg! :drool::drool::drool:don't even joke about that! i'm gonna have a heart attack!

;**

14. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

He definitely does have his good bits, personality/character wise, and for me the positives by far outweigh the negatives. The fact that he's hot helps.:devil: He can be too righteous sometimes, but then all the characters have flaws, they all have moments when I just want to reach through the tv screen and shake them!

I do enjoy miserable and distant (OT fact -I also like House a lot, and he can be a real SOB, LOL!). I like Mac's lighter side too, and how we've seen him warm up to the team. But he still maintains his distance from them at times. I think what you wrote about him in the spoilers discussion thread, about how he's reacting to the Flack situation, was really really interesting, and bang on about his character (are you sure you're not married to him, secretly?:lol:). You wrote how he seems aware of the problems with Flack but holds back on reaching out because he knows how uncomfortable that can be because he's been in Flack's place. I think that's very true of Mac. Also, he's very socially awkward at times, not in a geeky way like Adam, more like he just find it hard to know how to reach out to others. I think that's because of his past - he was an officer in the Marines, and officers are supposed to look out for their people but also they have to remain distant to some extent and also they're expected to hold emotion in in times of stress. At least that's the impression I get from various military history/biographies I've read. Also, an important part of military training is being able to control emotion. I guess an important part of holding rank in the military is being able to control yourself as well. I think Mac is very much about control, especially of his emotions, and he feels he can only let his emotions out in certain circumstances.
    So I'll be very interested to see how Mac reaches out to Flack, or tries to help him, because although he's been exactly where Flack is now, that doesn't make it any easier for him to know what to do. Mac I think is very concious of boundary issues especially when it comes to people's personal lives-he told Quinn he doesn't get involved in his team's personal lives. So while he may be concerned about Flack and want to help him some how, I think he must be very concerned about intruding on his pain.
    I am also very interested to see what Mac does when he finds out Flack shot that creep who killed Angell. Some people here say Mac doesn't see gray areas, only black and white and that is true but it's not completely true, IMO. I think sometimes he does see gray areas, or at least recognize that everything isn't always completely black or white -
    -when he said he could understand Lessing's message, even if he disagreed with his method of spreading it, in COTP
    -when he told Flack and I think Danny that if someone hurt his sister the way those 3 drug dealers did to that young woman in Enough, he'd kill them
    -in And Here's to You Mrs Azrael when he said every human being was entitled to a dignified death. I don't think he was outright implying euthanasia is acceptable, but it suggested he could understand why someone might do it
    -in the episode last season, can't remember which, he went to arrest a woman who killed the man who raped her, I think, and he told her though it was his job, he didn't like having to do it.
    -in the s5 episode where Lucy was born, and Mac found out that woman had hired a contract killer to kill the man who killed her daughter, but then changed her mind, and Mac let her go.

Given how close he is to Flack, and that Flack is very much a black/white guy like Mac himself, and that he no doubt sympathizes a great deal with Flack over his loss, but also that Mac still does have a pretty black/white view of the world (with exceptions) and of course what is expected of him as a detective - it will be interesting to see what he does. It should create a really interesting conflict for him.

15. michmac

michmac Hit and Run

some spoiler pics of Mac

[​IMG][​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.