Emily/Calleigh#12: -'Une très jolie petite blonde''

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Florry86, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Emily was awesome last week, she showed she can do both bubbly and emotional very well. Her scene with Alexx was too good! I have always enjoyed the bond Alexx and Calleigh share. Another bright spot about last week's episode, Emily wasn't wearing black well at least in the flashbacks she wasn't!!

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

AMEN to that!!!! :lol:

Last night's ep was just another example of how everything is about one certain character on this show who TPTB seem to think is the greatest thing since sliced bread! :rolleyes: However, if they actually took the time and opportunity to move away from that, they would see they have a great cast of people who can act and convey a range of emotions! But they won't so.......follow the same old yellow brick road to OZ!!

3. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

PS I get really freaked out by the Wizard of Oz and I hope they never ask her to be Dorothy...creeeeepy!!

4. delkolover

:guffaw::guffaw: That sooo wasn't what I was implying when I said that!! I just meant the show follows the same pattern and goes down the same road every season when every season they say things are going to be different and exciting.

5. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

Sorry I just couldn't help myself LOL. I do totally agree with you it is like a eeep...yellow brick road...er more twilight zone actually...it is good and then creepy, good/creepy (hit twilight zone music!).

6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I actually find myself enjoying the yellow brick road!
    Yep I do love the season so far and I do love all the character on the show during this season...so what's wrong with it?

As for Emily I truely wish she could have some different experiences just for her career and not because of the show 'cause it's just improving, IMHO.
    Emily is great, the show is great...so everything is good to me ;)

7. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

I totally agree with you!

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Since there isn't anything new about Emily in these days and since it looks nothing is going to happen to her in the recent future, I would like to discuss about Calleigh during the first 2 episode, yep I'd like to know what do you think about her as I'm reading many many opposed opinions on the matter ;)

I do think they're doing a really grat job with her character throughout this season esepecially considering how she behaved in these first 2 episode.

During the premiere we were able to see the old Calleigh, the cheerful one, the one we have learned to miss so much. I do think she was kind of creepy 'cause, to me, her cheerfulness wasn't that normal :lol:, but I enjoyed it as it really showed how much she has changed throughout these 8 years thank/due to her job. Plus I think Emily has done such a great job in showing all of this.

On the other hand, during the second episode we had to see the nowdays Calleigh...the one I've learned not to enjoy that much. BUT I'm loving this character development. I don't know...they've always showed her as Miss Perfect, the one who's always right (no matter what she does) especially during the last years. Most of her actions throughout the las 2 years didn't convience me at all. So, I'm glad they're finally showing as the one going darker among the team. They finally showed she's not always that a good person...the one who cares about her friends/boyfriend.

That cold "I did shoot him" may have been a way for her to internalize (gosh I hate this word :lol:) her feelings about what had happened during s7 finale...anyway I don't care 'cause her answer was purely mean, at least IMHO, and I loved it! I loved her reaction 'cause it's time to show she's not a saint. As much as I love Calleigh she's not Miss Perfect and she will never be...not to mention that during s7 finale she did the right things, so I'm glad she's going ahead with her values no matter who the other person is ;)

So does anyone agree with me? Am I totally crazy? What do you think about this "new" Calleigh? Do you enjoy it? Do you hate/like her? Let's go on discussing about it :thumbsup:

9. -Lulu-

-Lulu- Victim

I think this "new" Calleigh isn't that new. New is, that even though she does the right thing (professional) she's probably feeling like she did something wrong. In this case it's not black or white, each side has pro and cons. This is the internal struggle she's going through and Cal being Cal does it on her own. So it's difficult for her coworkers (and us) to say how she really feels. The short conversation with Natalia was lame, there I think was the former script more appropriated.

I hope in future episodes we'll see how Calleigh works this out and that the writers and producers will give us the opportunity to follow her actions. I want to see when Cal and Eric have a real talk about the shooting and discuss or even argue about the influence of their relationship. I want to see what the others say, when they find out EC are a couple. Playing with the trust issue thing has so much potential.

I don't think it's a question of good or bad. It's more, when you have to choose between your head and your heart and you know you can't win, no matter what. I've always liked to see the characters deal with such problems (Natalia prying on the lab, Eric buying weed for his sister or with H chasing Riaz in Brasil and Ryan as the king of it :lol:). It makes them human and for me it's interesting to watch.

10. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I totally agree with you; it's not really a question of being a good person, but more like being stuck between a rock and a hard place. As you mentioned, Cal had to choose between her heart (Eric), and her head ( profession). And it's never an easy choice! BTW, this is not the first time Calleigh was faced with that kind of a dilemma; remember "Under the influence" in season 3, when she compromised her professional ethics to help her father? So... perferct, she's not. Human, she is; even though the show tries very hard ( but fails) to show her as a robotic, flawlessly professional, heartless character.

11. delkolover

Alright it is just me or......

Did anyone else notice how we only saw Emily from the chest up and if we did see her full form it was from far away? Not to mention that she was barely in the ep tonight! The locker room scene we saw her walking torwards the camera yes, but there was a reflection of Ryan on her so you could barely make her out and just as she was about to turn to the side, they cut to Ryan and her jacket was closed. :confused:

Also in the scene where she and Eddie are examining evidence in the lab....they cut to a far away scene of her and she has her lab coat buttoned all the way up!! :confused:

IDK what it means but I thought it very odd...did anyone else see what I saw? Re-watch the ep and pay close attention to her scenes.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  12. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

yeah, I noticed that too. Don't know what to think about, I'll not give it too much of a thought, you know, don't want someone to read wrong and spread rumors. I'd watch close next episode too, though,.

Any way, white is definitely her color! She was fantastic, I really loved outfit and make up! And of course, as always, she did a great job even if it looked like she had less time than usual.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  13. Maria-EC

Maria-EC Hit and Run

I know! It was the very first thing I noticed in Calleigh's first scene with Jesse. It only showed her backside, and her face.. what's up with that all of a sudden? :confused:

I don't know if I should think what we think it is.. because it's probably not. :rolleyes:

14. Andy1

Andy1 Civilian

You can see her full form in the promo for next weeks episode

15. bogglesthemind

bogglesthemind Dead on Arrival

I actually thought it looked like she's lost weight. Her face looked thinner and more angular. She looked fantastic. Hair, clothing, the whole package! I am so glad they've gone with subtler make-up! She has such lovely skin and features, I alway feel it's a shame when they overdue actors make-up in such a way that it overpowers their natural beauty/features. Emily is such a natural beauty, she needs very little enhancement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.