Ramsey Celebrates 'Equality's Pioneers'

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Oct 4, 2009.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

On October 11, The 2009 Garden Party to benefit Gay & Lesbian Elder Housing will take place in Los Angeles, California. The event, which is open to the public, will feature celebrities including Wes Ramsey. Ramsey has a recurring role as Dave Benton on CSI: Miami. This year’s event is titled “Celebrating Equality’s Pioneers”, which [...]

More...

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I don't like the way people want to make it seem like we're prejudiced or against equality for being against the gay lifestyle. It's totally not true. We're just against what we see as an abhorrent behavior and against everything marriage is supposed to be. We see people as being decieved and mislead by the lifestyle and in desperate need of love and redemption and God's forgiveness.

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

That pretty much sums up the definition of prejudiced right there. An entire group of people (the LBGT community) aren't living the way you live (i.e., the same religous beliefs) so they're somehow "wrong" as an entire group and not deserving of the same human rights (i.e., marriage) as other people.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

This is a thread about how a recurring character on CSI: Miami is taking part in an event meant to honor the elderly and ensure that they have a safe place to live. That's what I'm going to respond to, rather than entering into another pointless debate. I don't want to sound like a b*tch, I really don't, but this happens every time an article or thread on TalkCSI mentions LGBT issues. I'm not going to change anybody's mind, and nobody is going to change my mind, so I just want to concentrate on the excellent cause the article is about.

My little sister loves Wes Ramsey - it's actually because of his role in Latter Days. It's her favorite movie, and she's been following Wes' career since she saw it (even watching a few episodes of Miami, which she doesn't watch otherwise :p). And I see that Bobby Gant, Thea Gill, Gale Harold and Scott Lowell will be there as well - I love QAF, and Bobby's been on both Miami and NY. And Doug Spearman! I love Noah's Arc too. And they're honoring Sharon Gless. Awesome. :D

Helping the elderly is always a good cause, and it's nice to see that elderly members of the LGBT community are being taken care of. :)

5. Mistlethrush

Mistlethrush Victim

How is the announcement of this project about you or your beliefs in any way? No one was waging an attack, no one aimed a barb at you. You have your own religious convictions about the topic and that's fine, but from what I understand this is an inclusive board and the fact that there are those of us who do NOT believe we are either deceived or misled is something that should be respected.