"Young Man With A Horn" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 29, 2008.

1. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Old Vegas episodes are always entertaining. I loved Faye Dunaway when she was on.
    And a Gil/Cath scene... what could be better??

2. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

I really hope the Grissom/Catherine talk will show the great affection the two have for each other. With LF's introduction coming up, this might be the last chance for them to have a good talk about life and their friendship over the years...

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I can't wait till Thursday for this episode. I love when Greg and Nicky work together. :)

4. queenlynx

queenlynx Witness

I just like it when Nick and Greg are on-screen. :)

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I was informed on this ep. that while Gil and Cath are walking and talking on the Strip, they bring up SARA, of course, their friends and she cares about both of them and he's been suffering so, that will definitely be interesting:thumbsup:

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Well of course it's David Rambo writing it. I wonder what he will do when GSR is over? My! My!

Can't wait for Fishbourne to start!:bolian::bolian:

Moving on to more relevant matters, is the entire team working on this case or will it be a A and B case.

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Well, it's not over, they will be returning to "guest spots" and on to more relevant matters, some fans will be thrilled to see this, some won't, so my my:rolleyes: David Rambo rocks. I think that fans will start complaining immediately about LF just like they did over Riley, from almost the outset and hopefully she'll be in this one, I like her:) The video was intense~

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  8. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Maybe David will start writing more for the others on the show.

I can't wait for LF either.

It does not look like there are other cases. I think it is just one. I do not recall seeing Riley in a preview. Maybe we get a break from her this week and it will just center around Grissom, Catherine, Nick and Greg.

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Movin' on from the Sara/David Rambo/GSR gush talk..

So does anyone know if there's an A or a B plot in this story..moving on to more important matters..

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  10. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

(Now I know why I don't post in these threads all that often) Yes on to more important matters, if there is a B case, I hope it's tasteful and doesn't take away from the main storyline. We all know that it's been done in the past. But if the group is working together...then there's probably no need for that second case.

Judging by the preview, I agree with everyone...it looks interesting and even though I am not a HUGH Hugh Greg fan, I do hope we get to see a little more of the classic, old school personality of Greg and his enthusiasm for the "old Vegas" scene. It'll be refreshing to see.

11. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Okay this might not be the appropriate place to say this but well I think it needs to be said. David Rambo, yes is considered to be the GSR King because he wrote Butterflied and some of the other scenes that solidfy GSR. But he also writes for other characters (by God he wrote Redrum and Grissom wasn't even in it). Pigeonholing him as only a GSR writer is really doing him a disservice in MHO...

12. gsr_rulz

gsr_rulz Hit and Run

Kasey82800, I think it is very cool of you to point that out about DR. He is a brilliant writer, and deserves to viewed as such regardless of where his tendencies fall.:thumbsup:

Desertwind - thanks for the GSR info! I'm hoping maybe he'll tell Catherine that he's gonna go after her....I can't wait for the final WP ep in January to get some GSR resolution :adore:

I would like to see more of Riley so I can pass better judgment on her. So far, I am not very enamored with her. I think it's more that style of the actress than the character, but I'll wait a few more eppy's before making final judgment.

Given that the G/C walk/talk on the strip isn't supposed to be until the end of the show, I'm guessing they will focus primarily on the cases in this episode. Wonder if they'll ever address what Grissom found in Natalie's room?

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Getting back to more important subject manner such as THIS episode-I think the conversation with Catherine will be about why Grissom came to Vegas in the first place-which will be quite interesting to watch. Maybe they will wind up in a hotel somehwere! :devil: And do what Marg and Billy joked about it in TV GUIDE! Okay no more ship talk!

I'm looking forward to the awesome casting they have for this show. It's great when you see some (for lack of a better word)old time actors getting back into their art-they must miss it so-I'm glad CSI gives gives legendary actors such as Faye Dunaway a chance to show the world what made them great in the first place.

14. MissMurder

MissMurder Lab Technician

I think the walk/talk between Grissom and Cath will be interesting. I do believe that they will talk about the reasons why Grissom came to Vegas to begin with, but Cath is Grissom's friend.

She must have noticed he has been struggling and she does have an inquisitive nature. This may be when Sara is brought up. Cath may do what she did in You Kill Me and tell him to go after her, or convince him to.

And this may be shippy talk but it was brought up in my thoughts about the alleged conversation between Gil and Cath in THIS episode.

After all, it may not happen. It is just my opinion. :thumbsup:

15. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Wow, Sara being mention in a conversation. I'd say I was shocked but I would be more shocked if the writers could go more than one episode without any mention of Sara or GSR. Hopefully the talk between Gil and Cath will be less about GSR and more about Grissom's leaving Vegas and confiding in Catherine.

And despite David Rambo's tendencies towards GSR, I happen to think he is one of the best writers for the show. Plus he loves writing for Greg, and we can usually expect some funny moments.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008