Will the REAL Horatio Caine Please Stand Up? *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Griffyn, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Palm

Palm Coroner

Re: Will the REAL Horatio Caine Please Stand Up?

Another moment where I choked on my bagel laughing...

Yeah, back when the writer's were still having fun, Horatio had fun. He smiled, and, holy crap, he would laugh. Having him all stonic and sarcastic makes me feel dirty. I mean, I like hearing him being a jerk sometimes, but when you over emphasize it.. it hurts. And he's becoming emotionally unattached, like Grissom. Just going on his business, and his promises suddenly turning empty. *sigh*

Yeah, Cross-Jurisdictions was the one episode I burned out first on my CSI DVD *cough*. He had such an air of him. Like he was Miami. The red hair, the swagger, the sweetness. He stayed with the girl, letting her just take in the trees. He didn't hand her off like he would now. He stayed with her. Plus, he kept coming back to her, making sure she was okay. In the 4th, he didn't even go NEAR Ryan. Crimony.

I don't think the writers are connected anymore. Like their doing a chore, writing for Miami. They seem to think that everything has to be weird, the cases all unique. What happened to the simple stories, like in 'Camp Fear' and 'Broken'? There were a few twists but you could follow the story easily. There was no elaborate shootouts, no weird 'Holy-crap, it's Horatio's ghost!' type of lines. it was about sympathy.

This is probably why the Miami fanfiction has skyrocketed. hell, I'm almost close to writing my own script for Miami and shipping it down there to give the writer's the idea that the fans want the real Horatio back.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes. But we need to factor in the death of Tim Speedle that is a possibility for his change now. Before Tim's death he was happier but watching one of his own die right in front of him would change him and also others no matter who you are. When I saw him cry in "From the Grave" it showed me that he is human and that all of his emotions have been bottled up inside especially those about Tim Speedle. I read another thread where someone said he did not cry at Speedle's funeral. If you were in shock about a friend or a "son" dying would you cry also? I know I would not until the shock wore off. Tim Speedle's death changed alot of the CSI: MIAMI cast and not just Horatio.

3. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

(Staying off the subject of Speed not to anger 'everyone')

Horatio has had many shocks to the system and even then..wouldn't he be an emotional mess not bottled up? Sure some personalities are like that but Horatio has always seemed like he would be in charge, calm and his head on straight during high pressure situations.

Yeah I'm tempted to make my own scripts and send them in to the writers. For crying out loud they have the top three writers and producers for all three shows sitting down to write a script and they can't handle Horatio's character if they had a gun pulled to their head. (It's probably David Caruso holding the gun) I think they need to tone it down and make a simple episode where we didn't have to worry about the mental state of the main character because frankly I'm not a psychiatrist but I can tell he has more problems than a lunatic.

4. RIP_Speed

RIP_Speed Police Officer

(bear in mind as I write this I am a HUGE speed fan)
    I agree that speed's death would have changed them but I don't think it would have made them, totally different forever and if it is lasting as long as you all say (\I'm a brit no season 4) I'm sure one of the team who have spoken tio him about it...they weren't just collegues they were friends...all of them, I would thought if the writers were doing their job they wouild have addressed the change in characetr...if indeed they planned it...which they may well have done....which is such a scary and frightening thought...maybe we should invite a writer yo chat on the forums...??If they want to keep the rating they need to know what the fan actually likes about the show...its the same thing they did with the matrix films...but we'll not go there!!

5. Palm

Palm Coroner

Well, I need to start watching my old episodes again...

:lol: Holy crap, that was great! But your right. I know the writers are trying to define the show so it's obviously different from the others, but really. I don't think they should travel down that road. Just stick to the crimes, the humanitarism of the characters. Alexx's kindess, Horatio's sympathy, Calleigh's positive attitude, Delko's... well, Delko being Delko.
    But yeah. I know it's hard to establish a character's being, like try and write the character so people will register it as that person, but writing them into a different context, like the person all of the sudden met it's opposite twin and switched places, isn't the way to go...

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I agree. They can't just go two or a little of three seasons with one character and then re-write him because some genious in a cubicle behind the desk of the writers said that Horatio needed to be more human. Yeah he has blood, a brain, big blue eyes, a stunning attitude and empathy for the victims and their families. HE IS HUMAN. They don't need to throw- psychological stress and different attitudes like tomorrow is the last episode on the planet for CSI:Miami- at us. We loved Horatio the way he was and not the way he has become. I don't care if tomorrow he gets shot and then has a brain tumor that causes him to eat the heads off of chickens for dinner. I want Horatio Caine back.

7. Palm

Palm Coroner

:lol:
    I REALLY gotta stop eating when I read through forums. I swear, I'm gonna choke to death because I'm laughing way to hard...

But beware of what you say. There might be a writer lurking nearby and when they see that, they might interpret it as a GOOD idea...
    Their like Lawyers. There's a lot of them, but only a select few that make win the case.