What Books Are You Reading?-#3

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

The old thread is located here

So what are you reading these days?

Remember to leave a brief description of the book so that others may be able to decide if they might like to read it :)

meggzie tell your friend to give you your book back. I haven't read one in a while but those No1 Detective Agency books are good :)

Currently I'm reading Flash Forward by Robert J. Sawyer. The book was written and published in 1999 but the book is actually set in 2009. It deals with a experiment that may or may not have gone wrong. The experiment if it did go wrong give's the world population a brief glimpse into the future.

An interesting fact about Flash Forward, ABC has bought the rights to the story and is on their fall lineup on Thursday nights at 8pm :)

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  2. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Re: What Are You Reading?-#3

I'm currently reading Moab is my washpot - It's Stephen Fry's autobiography. It's very quirky to read, and he gives an open and honest insight into the first 20 years of his life, he speaks openly about his family, school days and how he dealt with coming to terms with his homosexuality. I love how he writes so openly, and brings such wit to all that he speaks about. He really is an fantastic author.

3. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

^^Steph I haven't read a lot of Stephen Fry's books but that was a good one. He certainly was a difficult child growing up.

4. Stepherweps

:lol: You're right there, I really wouldn't fancy having been one of his rather unfortunate teachers... He seemed to be quite a rebellious child... I'm really enjoying this book, it's the second one of his which I've read.

5. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

^ I'll have to read that some day, it sounds entertaining. :)

I am reading Awake and Dreaming by Kit Pearson. I've probably read it about fifty times before, and I saw it sitting on the bookshelf yesterday but for the life of me, I couldn't remember what it was about. So I figured why not read again? It's more of a kid's book, but it's pretty good none the less.

From the summary on the back:
    "Theo has a hard life with her young, selfish mother. That's why she's always dreamed of belonging to a real family - mother, father, sisters, brothers. Her dream seems to come true when she is mysteriously "adopted" by a large, warm family, the Kaldors. For the first time, Theo has brand-new clothes, things of her own, security, and good friends. But, as time passes, the magic of Theo's new life begins to fade - really fade. In fact, Theo herself is vanishing..."

6. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I have just finished the first book of that series. Unfortunately I saw the TV show first, so I knew exactly who had commited what crime, and how it was all uncovered :rolleyes: But I did still kinda enjoy it. It was a nice, easy read.

7. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

she has but i lost my page :lol::p

8. Stepherweps

I finished Moab is my Washpot (Stephen Fry's autobiography) this afternoon, then started straight into Dead Man Running by Martin McGartland. You may remember a while back I said I was reading Fifty Dead Men Walking...
    Well, Dead Man Running is actually the sequel to it, where McGartland is speaking about what his life was like after he had to go into hiding, when the IRA found him out to be a double agent, and tried to kill him. I'm only a couple of pages in, but so far it seems to be just as good as his first. :D

9. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Im reading Stephanie Mayer's New Moon, I really liked the Twilight film and decided I should probably read it as I was deperate know how the Twilight Saga ends :) I started the second last night and read over half, as I couldnt put it down. Now I just need to buy the final two books :lol:

10. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

I'm currently reading Heath: A Family's Tale by Janet Fife-Yeomans and if you haven't guessed by the title, it's a biography on Heath Ledger. It's actually quite interesting. They talk about his family and how they all grew up close together and they talk about the stuff he went through while filming some movies. It's actually very interesting. I learned that Brokeback Mountain was NOT the first time he kissed a guy on-screen. I reccomend the book. I'm almost done, but not quite :)

11. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I'm on the last of the Dan Brown series "Digital Fortress" and I like it even if its taking a bit more to read into than the other three its given me a thing for thrillers at the moment.

12. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

I'm reading my 4th Kathy Reichs book.
    This one is called Death Du Jour. Pretty good so far. Only on the 4th chapter.

13. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Finished "Digtal Fortress" this morning and yet again with Dan Browns books at the end its got you hooked and you're soo annoyed its ended but it was a really good books.

I'm now split between 2 which I got in tesco neither i've read before one by Kathy Reichs called "Devil Bones" and one by Charles Brokaw called "Atlantis Code"

14. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i'm still on the Harry Potter books. i just finished "Half Blood Prince" this morning. this was my fave book out of the series even though i'm not really that far into reading the last one. HBP was so good i liked the story and everyone seemed a bit happier than they were in the previous two books. i am definately a Harry/Ginny i loved there moments in the books.

now i'm reading the 7th i just started it right after i finished HBP.

i love Kathy Reichs's books they're soo good. i'm odd i'm reading them in order. i haven't read one in a few months since the last time i bought one of her books. i have so many other books i wanna read before i buy the rest of her books. they're soo good i love the Brennan in the book she's so cool.

15. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

Currently reading Change of heart by Jodi Picoult:)