The Last Movie You Saw - Thread 4

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by SunsetBoulevard, May 4, 2010.

1. allmaple

allmaple Judge

The Last Exorcism- this movie was pretty bad. it is done "found documentary" style and is about a reverend who came from a family of exorcists, but no longer believes and wants to expose them. the beginning was alright, i dont mind a slow build up but it has to go somewhere. nothing really happened, once everything started happening it was over in about 20 minutes. i fell asleep somewhere in the middle, i dont recommend this one.

Scott Pilgrim vs the World i really liked this one. the humour was very canadian, i was laughing more than my american boyfriend. i loved that they had a scene at castle loma! this one i would recommend.

2. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Went and saw Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows part one last weekend.

July can't come soon enough for part two

3. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

The last movie I seen was case 39 with this little girl who is evil she can make you do stuff..... Its a good movie to watch

4. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

last movie I saw was The Back up plan with Jennifer Lopez and Alex O' Loughin. Its hilarious movie!

5. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Conspiracy with Kenneth Branagh, Stanley Tucci and Colin Firth. It's set in Wannsee, Berlin, in 1942. It's about the conference that was held on 20th January 1942 amongst a number of high ranking officials in the Nazi regime, headed by Heydrich. They are discussing a solution to 'the Jewish Question' i.e. what should be done to eradicate Jews from Europe.
    What they come up with is the Final Solution - to use gas chambers, which is deemed the most efficient and expedient way to eliminate the Jews
    . The entire conference lasted about 90 minutes (that's including breaks for lunch, etc, people) and the film is the same length. Jesus Christ, 90 minutes to decide on the murder of thousands of Jews? It's a brilliant film. It's just an hour and a half of a group of men sitting around talking, but it's gripping and powerful and just brilliant. Branagh is brilliant as Heydrich.

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

From 200 INTO THE WILD~

"Into The Wild" was inspired by a true story of Christopher McCandless [Emile Hirsch] I've never heard of him. He is a young man who abandons his life of comfort to pursue the freedom of life on the road, a quest that leads him to the Alaskan wilderness and the ultimate challenge of his life. Featuring an all star cast including William Hurt, Marcia Gay Harden, Vinch Vaughn, Catherine Keener and Hal Holbrook [he was fantastic] Screenplay and directed by Sean Penn It is described as "stirring, entertaining and steadfastly thrilling as it is beautiful I won't give away the ending but this is a good flick. My daugher lent this to me!

One review.."An amazing personal journey that will touch you deeply"
    Jeffery Lyons..NBC/Reel Talk~

7. LoveSela

LoveSela Dead on Arrival

Despicable Me - Agnus is my favourite. <3

8. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

I finally got around to seeing Date Night a few weeks ago- I loved it!!! Tina Fey and Steve Carell are so good in that movie,I didn't think that Steve would be as good in that movie as he was and as for Tina , she is a great comedic actress.

9. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

OK, I saw Tron: Legacy last night in 3D. AMAZING soundtrack- have already picked that up. And while it's not as good as I hoped, the action scenes were fantastic and the lead actors did an an awesome job. The lead character probably has a "leading man" career ahead of him. And Jeff Bridges, well... there's very little he can do wrong in my eyes. I just love the guy. He's good in EVERYTHING.

There were some moments that really slowed things down and, as my friend put it, "I remembered I was sitting in a movie again for a moment". But overall, it's totally worth seeing this one on the big screen. :)

Next up- tonight I'm going to see The King's Speech. Looks awesome!

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Furry Vengeance - This movie is very silly, but its fun for one viewing if you like silly movies. I laughed a lot during it even though it was kind of stupid funny. It's probably not something I'd watch a second time, but it passed the time LOL.

11. BabaOReilly

The King's Speech. Interesting, compelling, moving... great acting and dialogue. I can't say enough about this film- just amazing. Go see it! :)

12. Rainack

Rainack Hit and Run

My mom and I went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 last weekend. As all of the movies have done so far, it follows the book very closely. Can't wait for July and Part 2!

13. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

I saw For Colored Girls on DVD. It's not so bad, though, it could have been done in more original and shorter versions of each girl speaking their own monologues. Half of the film seems unreal because of it. I haven't seen the play, but the movie could've had a more original or unique approach for the audience.

Some of the girls have personalities that I can relate to (as a colored girl of Asian descent), or wish that I have the guts to show. Like Tangie's feral personality from hell where she just tells people how she feels or what's on her mind. I'm sure that alot of girls including me would, too, and see politeness or compromise as overrated. Same as Red Jo, whose icy personality tells everything that she should not be stepped over without saying much, which is ironic as her husband doesn't say much, yet his surprising betrayal says everything. That's the fear I have whether I've dealt with people still stuck in the 1990s, especially back in high school during the Grunge days, where they're acting all depressed like Kurt Cobain yet are living nice lives. Or people who have control over others without saying much or anything to me at all. Lack of communication, yet alot of power to betray or destroy.

I like that Khalil Kain portrayed the ultimate scumbag as a rapist in this film. I've seen his work since Juice and Zooman, playing Tiger Woods, a hate-filled father in a Ghost Whisperer episode, and a smooth-talking scholar in a CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episode. I haven't seen a brutal rape scene like that in film since Showgirls. Not that I enjoy seeing anyone get raped at all. But Khalil really did a fine job here; He's truly a versatile and underrated actor. He portrayed a scumbag that I don't even think that the likes of A-listers like Jake Gyllenhaal or Rob Pattison would have the guts to portray.

I was expecting either one of the male actors to portray some other character, like Hill Harper as either an abuser or the rapist, and Michael Ealy as someone shady or good. But, I get Hill playing a cross between Dr. Sheldon Hawkes and Donald Flack in CSI: NY. Even having a CSI-esque scene where he allows a victim to give a dead body his last assault in the autopsy room. And his name is Donald. A brotha named Donald. And Ealy as a moody military dude (which is ironically similar to his portrayal in Miracle At St. Anna), as well as Omari Hardwick's usual portrayal as a guy holding his head up or have seemingly high standards. I do like that Khalil is versatile in his role as a seemingly nice guy turned scumbag rapist. Khalil is surprising that way, I love it.

I could do without the long, operatic monologues when watching this film. Then again, alot of films being made nowadays in crappy ways is no surprise to me.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  14. BabaOReilly

Wow. Just watched an Indie/documentary style film (sort of?) called "Catfish". It would be too tricky to try to describe, so I will direct you to IMDB.com... but suffice it to say it's a very interesting, clever little film that just goes to show you: The internet can be an interesting place. ;) Totally recommend it to students of reality. :p

15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i *think* the last film i saw was unstoppable - it was one of those films that on paper should've been AWFUL but was actually really good :D

i saw megamind earlier the same day and enjoyed it, loved all the old skool geek jokes :)